Jordan vs. Kobe through 1072 games

most viewed right now
 191
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 146
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 116
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
99 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 109
Rappers that have or had AIDS
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #101
dre03 
space
avatar space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 malikmoore9 said:
Some people have a hard time reading when they compare stats they compare total games not total minutes played. Jordan has way more games started than Kobe and more complete seasons. so even though you are comparing 1072 games that Kobe has been involved in he hasnt played all of them or even started most of them in his first 3 seasons.
Wrong as usual... Jordan started 919 games as a Bull and played 37000 minutes and only has 13 seasons over 50 games as a starter...

Kobe has started 925 games as a Laker and played 39000 minutes and has 13 seasons over 50 games as a starter... That isnt even counting his first two seasons... He started every game in his 3rd season...

Stop making s**t up... Let me guess you think its fair to use Jordan's 17 game season and seasons as a Wizard as ways of fixing your arguments huh...

And ol buddy cant add... Kobe is 4900 points short of 32000 points... So how the hell is he 4000 points away from Jordan's 32, 292 points??? I guess this is the caliber of retards we have on here
 7 years ago '05        #102
Majestic_GMMB 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,204 | Props total: 171 171
 Hold That said:
As I said in the other thread that was made a week ago.. This is really unfair due to the fact that Kobe came out as a H.S kid.. He didn't come in like a LeBron James posting crazy stats(hell no H.S kid ever has).. And MJ came out as a Junior far more NBA ready..

Now if you throw out Kobe's first 3 years, and then add on the next 3 years he has in the league and just compare those to MJ's Bulls tenure, the argument becomes more interesting, and seems fair in my eyes. This is coming from a Bulls and and huge MJ fan..


I think it would be just more logical to compare Kobe and MJ based upon their ages.. Starting with Kobe and Mike at the age of 22(when Mike entered the league) and leading up..
But it seems like you trying to penalize Jordan for going to College...Kobe could have did the same thing but decided not to...So who fault is that?
 7 years ago '04        #103
336db336boy336 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,070 | Props total: 556 556
titles dont matter=titles are a team thing

mvps count=best player through out the season or playoffs

jordan hands down
 7 years ago '04        #104
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 DurtySoufReppin said:
that's pretty wack and immature of you to attack my basketball knowledge with that weak a.ss insult lol.... gtfoh...

Like I said..Jordan dominated every team he was on..Kobe didn't...

If Kobe wasn't dealt to LA where he could be pampered with talent he wouldn't have those rings.. Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol? gtfoh

to each has his own..but that's just my opinion...

weaker era???? ok

you said Jordan is better than Kobe...so our argument has no resolution..cus at the end of the day...Jordan is better than Kobe



Shaq > Kobe

btw
It wasn't meant to be an insult. That's the case with 95% of the people that post on this board.

Jordan may have dominated every team he was on, but not all of those teams won titles. Is it really notable to be the leader of a team winning 40 games vs the 1b/2 guy on a 55-67 win team?

Jordan got his fair share of players via trade too.. Scottie Pippen traded for Olden Polynice, Dennis Rodman (still the best rebounder and one of the best defensive players in the league at that time) was traded for Will Perdue. Let's not act like Jordan didn't have great players around him. Ron Harper averaged 20+ ppg the season before he came to Chicago, Steve Kerr is the highest percentage 3 point shooter in the history of the NBA.

Weaker era.. Yes - I don't even see how people can debate this anymore.

Jordan may be better than Kobe, but my problem is the fact that you're completely dismissing the comparison like the two don't belong in the same sentence. To say that, you're either just completely jaded or you never really saw both play.

Shaq has played 4 years more than Kobe.. In 4 years, who knows what will happen. Both of them have a chance to win another title this year. Both are easily top 5-10.


 336db336boy336 said:
titles dont matter=titles are a team thing

mvps count=best player through out the season or playoffs

jordan hands down
MVP's are media-given awards that are based highly on popularity and the attention players get throughout the year.

Unless you really think Steve Nash was the best player in the league for any time during his career.

At least titles are largely won on the player's own merits.


Last edited by A.G; 02-10-2011 at 12:20 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #105
dre03 
space
avatar space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 akademiks said:
It wasn't meant to be an insult. That's the case with 95% of the people that post on this board.

Jordan may have dominated every team he was on, but not all of those teams won titles. Is it really notable to be the leader of a team winning 40 games vs the 1b/2 guy on a 55-67 win team?

Jordan got his fair share of players via trade too.. Scottie Pippen traded for Olden Polynice, Dennis Rodman (still the best rebounder and one of the best defensive players in the league at that time) was traded for Will Perdue. Let's not act like Jordan didn't have great players around him. Ron Harper averaged 20+ ppg the season before he came to Chicago, Steve Kerr is the highest percentage 3 point shooter in the history of the NBA.

Weaker era.. Yes - I don't even see how people can debate this anymore.

Jordan may be better than Kobe, but my problem is the fact that you're completely dismissing the comparison like the two don't belong in the same sentence. To say that, you're either just completely jaded or you never really saw both play.

Shaq has played 4 years more than Kobe.. In 4 years, who knows what will happen. Both of them have a chance to win another title this year. Both are easily top 5-10.




MVP's are media-given awards that are based highly on popularity and the attention players get throughout the year.
One problem with your MVP excuse... Kobe has been voted the NBA's most popular athlete more times than any other player in the league... As a matter of fact he was voted that again this past year... And still has the highest selling jersey beating out a player who has an entire nation behind him in Yao...

By your logic Kobe should have more than 1 MVP... He has been the most popular and given the most attention of any player more than once... So it takes a little more than that... Charles Barkley was hated and disliked by the media and has the same amount of MVP's as Kobe... Dirk Nowizki is rarely ever even talked about and considered soft by many people yet has the same amount as Kobe...

MVP usually goes to the best player on the best team... Steve Nash had the best team his two years and was the best player on that team... If it was a media award Jordan would have 12 MVP's... Actual voters said themselves they were tired of giving Jordan the MVP... He deserved it every year but they wanted to give it to somebody different... Thats why he only has 5...


Last edited by dre03; 02-10-2011 at 12:33 PM..
 02-10-2011, 12:37 PM         #106
CubanHitman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bea5T said:
really, including the years kobe was 18, 19, and 20??



Jordan also took 2 years off which helped him rest and recuperate

Jordans better, but this is a stupid comparison
this...jordan will always be goat but kobe is getting close. And those season mvps are nothing but d!ckriders voting every year so that doesnt count
 7 years ago '06        #107
tdc320 
space
avatar space
space
$1,488 | Props total: 707 707
 getGwap said:
the thing with these comparisons is that you can never compare apples to apples the league as a whole is different right now whos to say jordan accomplishes what he did with 6 rings 6 finals mvps playing against todays players

More physical league your not only playing united states best players but the league is made up of the best from all over the world now level of competition is higher

you got teams with free agency building all star teams for you to compete against that wasnt going on in jordans day how many "big 3's" did jordan have to compete with on the road to the championship
I think you mean more athletic. Not physical. Can't mean physical.
 7 years ago '04        #108
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 dre03 said:
One problem with your MVP excuse... Kobe has been voted the NBA's most popular athlete more times than any other player in the league... As a matter of fact he was voted that again this past year... And still has the highest selling jersey beating out a player who has an entire nation behind him in Yao...
Popularity in fans =/= popularity within media pundits
By your logic Kobe should have more than 1 MVP... He has been the most popular and given the most attention of any player more than once... So it takes a little more than that... Charles Barkley was hated and disliked by the media and has the same amount of MVP's as Kobe... Dirk Nowizki is rarely ever even talked about and considered soft by many people yet has the same amount as Kobe...
No, you're just grabbing at straws.
MVP usually goes to the best player on the best team... Steve Nash had the best team his two years and was the best player on that team... If it was a media award Jordan would have 12 MVP's... Actual voters said themselves they were tired of giving Jordan the MVP... He deserved it every year but they wanted to give it to somebody different... Thats why he only has 5...
In Steve Nash's 2nd MVP, the Suns had the 4th best record int he league. Lol @ Jordan deserving the MVP award every year and the media getting tired of giving MJ the award so he "only" has 5. I guess some stories are just too captivating to die. Wouldn't Kareem have suffered the same way?

In Jordan's first MVP, the Bulls finished 4th in their conference (via tiebreaker) and had the 8th best record in the league. The Bulls didn't always have the best record when MJ had his MVP's. Evidence in the past has shown that way more goes into it than just best player + best team.


Last edited by A.G; 02-10-2011 at 01:07 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #109
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
avatar space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802

[pic - click to view]

 7 years ago '04        #110
dre03 
space
avatar space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 akademiks said:
Popularity in fans =/= popularity within media pundits

No, you're just grabbing at straws.


In Steve Nash's 2nd MVP, the Suns had the 4th best record int he league. Lol @ Jordan deserving the MVP award every year and the media getting tired of giving MJ the award so he "only" has 5. I guess some stories are just too captivating to die. Wouldn't Kareem have suffered the same way?

In Jordan's first MVP, the Bulls finished 4th in their conference (via tiebreaker) and had the 8th best record in the league. The Bulls didn't always have the best record when MJ had his MVP's. Evidence in the past has shown that way more goes into it than just best player + best team.
The only exceptions to the best player on best team rule are for players who played through great adversity or made an incredible turnaround to a team... Your two examples are indicative of that...

And you retard that was a comment made by one of the MVP voters on the Bulls 98 championship segment from ESPN... He said many of the voters on the panel were tired of giving MJ the MVP and would find reasons to give it to other players... Im sure the same was felt for Kareem, Moses and Bill Russell as well... I never said they didnt... I believe they felt that way about anybody winning the award too many times...

In Nash's 2nd MVP... The Suns had 10 different starting lineups that year due to injury at the 4 and 5 position... And everyone thought that year after losing Amare Stoudemire there would be no way the Suns would still win 50 games without their All-Star PF... Many people thought that was the only reason Nash numbers were so great... And they ended up finishing 2nd in the West...

Jordan's first MVP was for taking a team who was under 500 the year before and turning them into the 3rd best team in the East while leading the league in scoring by a wide margin...
 7 years ago '10        #111
Big Louie Champ 117 heat pts117
space
avatar space
space
$11,727 | Props total: 7516 7516
MJ will always be the greatest player ever
 7 years ago '04        #112
dre03 
space
avatar space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 MPLSallstar said:

Lebron James is only 26 years old and is showing no signs of slowing down any time soon. His numbers since January are 30pts, 8.5rebs, and 7.5 a.ssists. That is normal Lebron James numbers, and something Michael Jordan has never accomplished.

.
Please tell me you did not just say that... Something Jordan never accomplished

Jordan had a season where he averaged
32.5 ppg
8.0 apg
8.0 rpg
Something Lebron has never done...

The same year he averaged 33ppg, 11.4 rpg and 11.4 apg in a 10 game span... And 32 ppg 9.3 rpg and 10.2 apg over the last quarter of the season...

Including a streak of 7 straight triple doubles and 10 in 11 games... Something Lebron James has never done...

As a matter of a fact at 6'8 Lebron has never even averaged 8 rbs in a season...
 7 years ago '04        #113
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 dre03 said:
The only exceptions to the best player on best team rule are for players who played through great adversity or made an incredible turnaround to a team... Your two examples are indicative of that...

And you retard that was a comment made by one of the MVP voters on the Bulls 98 championship segment from ESPN... He said many of the voters on the panel were tired of giving MJ the MVP and would find reasons to give it to other players... Im sure the same was felt for Kareem, Moses and Bill Russell as well... I never said they didnt... I believe they felt that way about anybody winning the award too many times...

In Nash's 2nd MVP... The Suns had 10 different starting lineups that year due to injury at the 4 and 5 position... And everyone thought that year after losing Amare Stoudemire there would be no way the Suns would still win 50 games without their All-Star PF... Many people thought that was the only reason Nash numbers were so great... And they ended up finishing 2nd in the West...

Jordan's first MVP was for taking a team who was under 500 the year before and turning them into the 3rd best team in the East while leading the league in scoring by a wide margin...
Hey, hey.. No need for namecalling :(

I'm not looking for explanations on why each player won their MVP. I was just saying they didn't fit in your initial criteria of best player on the best team.

The only time I ever heard people getting tired of giving MJ votes was anecdotally. Never saw or heard any real evidence of this.

Add to the fact that MVP voters aren't allowed to discuss the MVP awards with each other, the voting being done by mail, and many of the members of the voting committee being unnamed, I honestly don't find that realistic at all. And that's just considering that the members of the panel or committee being the exact same in the 6-8 year span (which has a 0% chance of happening).
 7 years ago '05        #114
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
avatar space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
how insecure are u ppl. every f**king day u make this thread saying the same s**t.

what is the point ok we get it u feel Mj is better why do u feel to blow up this site with the same f**king thread makes no point. Jordan hasnt played in years f**k
leave s**t alone i dont get it. I know deep down in your heart the more and more kobe get closer to jordan the more insecure u get. which is prob why we keep getting these f**king stupid threads. Ive never seen so many ppl hate on a guy who they never ever met who never did anything wrong to u. All the man has done is played great basketball and all u wanna do is tear him down no matter what or how dumb u sound when u do it.
 7 years ago '07        #115
deemoney23 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 7 7
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
how insecure are u ppl. every f**king day u make this thread saying the same s**t.

what is the point ok we get it u feel Mj is better why do u feel to blow up this site with the same f**king thread makes no point. Jordan hasnt played in years f**k
leave s**t alone i dont get it. I know deep down in your heart the more and more kobe get closer to jordan the more insecure u get. which is prob why we keep getting these f**king stupid threads. Ive never seen so many ppl hate on a guy who they never ever met who never did anything wrong to u. All the man has done is played great basketball and all u wanna do is tear him down no matter what or how dumb u sound when u do it.
Yo homey, I'm not trying to diss so don't take this the wrong way but... every thread with the title Kobe or Jordan your in it, complaining to the point of almost begging to get your point across of how u hate the comparison threads. The reality is, its not going away! Every 4 threads are Kobe, every 8 are MJ and every 10 are both. I just don't comment in them anymore. Tired of shutting dumb ill informed n*ggaz on this site down on a bunch of dumb s**t they said. I respect everyone's opinion, but there's only a handful of heads on here that know what the f**k they're talking about and post s**t u can respect. So my advice is just leave it alone, it's not going to change s**t
 7 years ago '05        #116
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
avatar space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 deemoney23 said:
Yo homey, I'm not trying to diss so don't take this the wrong way but... every thread with the title Kobe or Jordan your in it, complaining to the point of almost begging to get your point across of how u hate the comparison threads. The reality is, its not going away! Every 4 threads are Kobe, every 8 are MJ and every 10 are both. I just don't comment in them anymore. Tired of shutting dumb ill informed n*ggaz on this site down on a bunch of dumb s**t they said. I respect everyone's opinion, but there's only a handful of heads on here that know what the f**k they're talking about and post s**t u can respect. So my advice is just leave it alone, it's not going to change s**t
im not begging nothing its just funny that its always MJ kobe thred

where Wade vs mj or LBJ vs MJ where melo vs mJ cant find that thread can u
its every f**king day 20 damn threads saying the same damn s**t. when its not even true the way u guys try to say it. I dont need your advice and idc if s**t changes cause its not all i am asking is WHAT IS THE POINT.. we got the same ppl making the same thread saying the same thing 24-7 how is that good for the site s**t is crazy. All these d!ck sucking hating a.ss n*ggas in here got nothing better to do then make another Mj vs Kobe thread with the same facts thats stupid
 7 years ago '08        #117
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
yall crazy. no one will accomplish what jordan has but if anyone says kobe isnt a close and logical comparision then theyre smoking crack.
 7 years ago '04        #118
dre03 
space
avatar space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 akademiks said:
Hey, hey.. No need for namecalling :(

I'm not looking for explanations on why each player won their MVP. I was just saying they didn't fit in your initial criteria of best player on the best team.

The only time I ever heard people getting tired of giving MJ votes was anecdotally. Never saw or heard any real evidence of this.

Add to the fact that MVP voters aren't allowed to discuss the MVP awards with each other, the voting being done by mail, and many of the members of the voting committee being unnamed, I honestly don't find that realistic at all. And that's just considering that the members of the panel or committee being the exact same in the 6-8 year span (which has a 0% chance of happening).
I wasnt giving explanations why each won... I gave you the rule that the MVP is usually awarded upon... And to every rule there is an exception... I gave you the exceptions and just used your examples to explain those exceptions...

Sportswriters say all the time in their comments Jay Mariotti for one i know off the top of my head that they have a vote for MVP every now and then in some of their arguments and rebuttles... Just cuz we dont know all the voters on the panel doesnt mean the actual voters dont know... Whether they are supposed to or not... Trust me they know

You arent allowed to discuss the MVP with other panelists during the voting process which happens after the season... Your not banned from discussing it throughout the season or after the votes have been tallied... Nobody said the conversation or his comments took place at the time he was casting his votes...
 02-10-2011, 04:55 PM         #119
yowee1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bea5T said:
really, including the years kobe was 18, 19, and 20??



Jordan also took 2 years off which helped him rest and recuperate
Jordans better, but this is a stupid comparison
Jordan wasnt resting he was goin hard with the baseball dream...
 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM         #120
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jordan wasnt resting he was goin hard with the baseball dream
hard on the baseball dream. Minor league ball and only double A -AAA only cause they respected who he was in basketball deserved to be single A. And never once did I see him field a ball. hard working baseball player my arse. That was a break from basketball
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 52
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 46
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 15
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 9
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
63 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy