Jordan vs. Kobe through 1072 games

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
272 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
88 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-09-2011, 10:02 PM         #61
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Michael Jordan

/thread
 7 years ago '09        #62
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
 The Bully said:
as much as i hate to do it, i gotta give kobe his props. with all of his accomplishments and accolades, he's probably the GOAT:(

[pic - click to view]

sike

[pic - click to view]

end thread
 7 years ago '04        #63
Tyrone Biggumz 1 heat pts
space
space
$393 | Props total: 116 116
 Hold That said:
As I said in the other thread that was made a week ago.. This is really unfair due to the fact that Kobe came out as a H.S kid.. He didn't come in like a LeBron James posting crazy stats(hell no H.S kid ever has).. And MJ came out as a Junior far more NBA ready..

Now if you throw out Kobe's first 3 years, and then add on the next 3 years he has in the league and just compare those to MJ's Bulls tenure, the argument becomes more interesting, and seems fair in my eyes. This is coming from a Bulls and and huge MJ fan..

I think it would be just more logical to compare Kobe and MJ based upon their ages.. Starting with Kobe and Mike at the age of 22(when Mike entered the league) and leading up..
True...but don't forget Jordan missed most of his 2nd season with a broken leg....
 7 years ago '06        #64
GlynnJR 
space
space
$632 | Props total: 9 9
 China Man said:
Sure...

When you discount Kobe's first 3 seasons, you get

873 games
24,357 points
27.9 ppg

When you discount Jordan's last 3 seasons to make up for that, you get

848 games
26,920 points
31.7 ppg
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
 7 years ago '06        #65
twindeserteagle 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 217 217
 malikmoore9 said:
Its funny you mention refs cause you probably never seen Jordan play but this dude got every call for a whole decade minus the two retirement years. But unlike now where superstar players around the league got the calls this dude stood alone he had so many phantom calls and no calls its unreal. It was so bad that the last shot that everyone remembers of Jordan juking Russell for the open shot is an offensive foul all day long in the NBA but not for MJ so spare us the rhetoric over a team being favored by the refs.
LOL i know i f**king hate jordan he robbed my utah jazz many times. but facts is facts i know where the phrase jordan call came from but 27 free throws in the 4th quarter the bulls never got. they was grown men out there in the 90s
 7 years ago '10        #66
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,291 | Props total: 7634 7634
Jordan is better than kobe. who knew.

So this is whats left to knock kobe.
 02-09-2011, 10:14 PM         #67
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sure...

When you discount Kobe's first 3 seasons, you get

873 games
24,357 points
27.9 ppg

When you discount Jordan's last 3 seasons to make up for that, you get

848 games
26,920 points
31.7 ppg
This proves one thing to me that Kobe has hands down been the best player of his era. No one is ever going to compete with MJ numbers rings and all so why keep comparing the two. There is none numbers wise. When we Kobe Stans step to the plate its not about numbers cause we know we cant compete in that arena. But dominating the game and being considered the best player in the world during your era. Jordan did a hell of a job in the late 80's and 90's and Kobe has done just as equal in this last decade. Shaquille Oneal said it best in the 2001-2002 season "my job is easy when you are playing with the best player in the world" and Pippen said the same of Jordan.
 02-09-2011, 10:18 PM         #68
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL i know i f**king hate jordan he robbed my utah jazz many times. but facts is facts i know where the phrase jordan call came from but 27 free throws in the 4th quarter the bulls never got. they was grown men out there in the 90s
What makes teams championship material is the way they respond in the clutch. Last year Boston reverted to jump shots and unfortunately in basketball aggression gets free throws. If the Lakers are plus 35 in the paint and the Thunder have 5 points in the paint the free throws are going to be astronomically different. Your superstar is still going to have 10-15 free throws but everyone else may just have 1-2 tries for lack of aggression
 02-09-2011, 10:18 PM         #69
anthrax1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hands down Jordan is the greatest player of all time who are we kidding here!!!
 7 years ago '06        #70
GlynnJR 
space
space
 malikmoore9 said:
This proves one thing to me that Kobe has hands down been the best player of his era. No one is ever going to compete with MJ numbers rings and all so why keep comparing the two. There is none numbers wise. When we Kobe Stans step to the plate its not about numbers cause we know we cant compete in that arena. But dominating the game and being considered the best player in the world during your era. Jordan did a hell of a job in the late 80's and 90's and Kobe has done just as equal in this last decade. Shaquille Oneal said it best in the 2001-2002 season "my job is easy when you are playing with the best player in the world" and Pippen said the same of Jordan.
iCouldnt agree more my dude
 7 years ago '07        #71
GrezyNclean 172 heat pts172
space
space
$7,858 | Props total: 660 660
.....this s**t made it 5 pages.....

this proves that BX n*ggas r all talk and don't like to look at the stats....

We aint comparing ages, or refs, we comparing games....if yo a.ss wasn't ready for the NBA then yo a.ss shulda went to college....f**k outta here wit these excuses
 7 years ago '07        #72
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,590 | Props total: 1052 1052
kobe won

close thread
 7 years ago '04        #73
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 GrezyNclean said:
.....this s**t made it 5 pages.....

this proves that BX n*ggas r all talk and don't like to look at the stats....

We aint comparing ages, or refs, we comparing games....if yo a.ss wasn't ready for the NBA then yo a.ss shulda went to college....f**k outta here wit these excuses
How do you know he wasn't playing because he didn't get along with Del Harris?

Or because the Lakers already had Eddie Jones as their SG?

It's not as simple as either being or not being ready for the NBA.
 7 years ago '04        #74
Freak33 
space
space
$323 | Props total: 15 15
Why do ppl honestly compare Mike and Kobe? Kobe is close but no cigar, he did a good job mimicking some of Jordans best moves and is a hell of a ball player. Definitely the best player for at least 5+ years in the NBA, but Numbers don't lie and Kobe will never be able to catch Jordan statically the MVP's the Final MVP's DPOY and so on. The years are catching up to Kobe and last time I checked father time is undefeated. He'll never win another MVP and he probably has one more chance to get a ring this year and a finals MVP and after that it will probably be over for him with Phil leaving. The worst thing about Kobe is he spent his best years statically exiting the playoffs in the first round every year. 2004-2008....Saying he is better than Jordan or ever will be is ludicrous. But he was the best player in the NBA for a few years. Now honestly Lebron has took that crown and rightfully so he doesn't have the rings yet, but he has the hardware (MVP's) don't lie and he'll probably win his third in a row this year. Bottom line Mike doesn't have to worry about Kobe taking his thrown.
 02-09-2011, 10:57 PM         #75
salashimself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jordan has scored 2500+ points in 6 seasons!
air jordans are being purchased dailly

says a lot

kobe is a rapist
f him and the Lakers
 7 years ago '07        #76
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 MPLSallstar said:
Whats going to be Jordan fans excuse when this man surpasses every single one of his statistics? Because he is going to.

[pic - click to view]

I am so tired of people making Michael out to be this urban legend, that I am actually rooting for Lebron James.
I'm a Lebron fan and a Jordan fan as well. Although I believe it may be possible one day, there is no need for this. You're only going to make people hate Lebron more by making these kinds of posts. Until Lebron starts winning rings, don't even put him in the debate yet.

As for Kobe, well any intelligent basketball fan already knows he's not on Jordan's level. Nuff said about that.
 7 years ago '06        #78
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 1554 1554
2 different styles both where great in there era,Both have a great work ethic to there craft...
 7 years ago '04        #79
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,357 | Props total: 8456 8456

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #80
GlynnJR 
space
space
:wow::applause::cool-smiley-009:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy