Jordan vs. Kobe through 1072 games

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
36 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #41
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,244 | Props total: 4542 4542
 MistaKlean said:
what about jordan vs kobe after 1,500 games?

cause jordan didnt play 1500 games u dumbass

comparing Jordan all games (1072) with Kobe's current 1072 is comparing careers
if comparing both 15 seasons isnt comparing careers, i dont know what it is
 7 years ago '05        #42
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
i dont see how we keep getting these damn mj Vs Kobe thread he not even done playing the numbers not gonna change he still playing the same season . so idk why we keep posting the same damn numbers in same damn thread. Any real Basketball fan knows that u cant just look at there numbers str8 up and compare . Not gonna waste my time exp that but thats a fact.
 02-09-2011, 08:27 AM         #43
jackedNtan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He changed the game, those who came after are just doing their best impression
good one
 7 years ago '10        #44
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
 MPLSallstar said:
That the best you can do?

Nah. I'm not comparing chips. In a gist, I am saying this

Jordan fans argument:
Kobe had Shaq/championship team, so it isn't fair that he had more titles at a younger age, thus will probably leave the game with more rings.

Kobe fans argument:
Kobe had to sacrifice minutes, points, and suffered a longer learning curve along with being drafted (Traded) to a championship caliber team.

So I say it isn't fair, because their situations were different. You cannot use one argument and not include the other. They are not interchangeable.
Ohh, well hmm, you are kindddddd of right that their situations are different but most people come down to stats when it's time to choose who was better, who was the best & who is the GOAT.... I think it should come down to this:

Final amount of games each played
Titles each had
MVP's & Awards each had
Points each had
IMPACT & INFLUENCE on the game each had

With Kobe some people say well, he was on the bench while Jordan wasn't. For me it's like "shouldn't that tell you something?" And i don't really have a problem with Kobe getting his titles early but when we all sit down at the end of the day I think Shaq is gonna go down in history as being a better player than Kobe for the fact he has those three Finals MVP's & was more dominant in the late 90's to early 00's than Kobe.

Some might think what was the f**king point of bringing up Shaq? Well the point is that Jordan had 6 of them & when he won them there wasn't any doubt of it. I'm def. not taking anything anyway from Kobe cuz he is top 5 when everything is said & done & he has one of the best lethal mid-range jumpshots EVER.

But facts are facts, whether it's fair or not Jordan has accomplished more than Kobe in his 1072 games played. Kobe though has done about half of what MJ did in so little time & that's pretty amazing if you truly think about it.
 7 years ago '09        #45
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #46
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 bkid said:
Kobe minutes per game is 36.5
Jordan is 38.3

the difference is not big, 1.8 minute per game more is nothing

you say kobe's wasnt involved a lot first 3 seasons
his first season i can agree, he played 71 games, started 6, averaged 15 minutes per game...
his second season he started only 1 game, but his minutes jumped to 26 per game... it gets a pass tho

but his third season he was a STARTER and averaged 38 MINUTES PER GAME... how tha f**k you take that out? just because he averaged less than 20 points per game? f**kouttahere
Its not whether he got minutes or not

anyone who watched young kobe, can realize how much he's changed and improved his game

Again: Jordan is the better player, but those stats are incredibly skewed
 7 years ago '04        #47
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 787 787
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
i dont see how we keep getting these damn mj Vs Kobe thread he not even done playing the numbers not gonna change he still playing the same season . so idk why we keep posting the same damn numbers in same damn thread. Any real Basketball fan knows that u cant just look at there numbers str8 up and compare . Not gonna waste my time exp that but thats a fact.
Cus by the time Kobe's career is done he still won't catch MJ in anything. Kobe's getting worse, not better.
 7 years ago '05        #48
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
With Kobe some people say well, he was on the bench while Jordan wasn't
He was fresh out of highschool . Couldn't even sign his contract because he was 17.

And its not like he was benched for some scrub, Eddie Jones was an above average 2 guard entering his prime

Lakers also didnt win anything until Kobe became a starter and was a big part of the offense

Last edited by Bea5T; 02-09-2011 at 07:31 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #49
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,976 | Props total: 3239 3239
How is this not a fair comparison? They're comparing both careers through 1072 games..that's what ESPN chose to do. If you want to compare games 200-1072 then do that s**t..but ESPN never s**t on Kobe or called him inferior or anything..people on this forum did that. ESPN just put up statistics that are valid.
 7 years ago '05        #50
fabolous_iam 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,370 | Props total: 56 56
f**k all that kobe didnt play his first 3 years, when u got kd, lebron, d rose, blake griffin beasting at 19,20,21.................if your a professorial your a professional point blank, MJ is better than kobe in every category no matter which way you try to spin it....in life theres no excuses nor is it in the nba.....
 7 years ago '07        #51
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 Rockobox said:
oh now these n*ggas wanna talk about what Kobe was "ROBBED" of...

[pic - click to view]

lol kobe had a free joy ride to the championships early in his career. jordan had to play against veteran 80s teams that had nearly all star starting lineups almost everynight with charles oakley and scottie pippen being his only help.
 7 years ago '05        #52
I Am... 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 49 49
 MPLSallstar said:
How is this even a fair argument to both players?

If you compare Kobe vs Jordan in their first 7 seasons, you have:

Championships
Jordan - O
Kobe - 3

You can argue that Jordan didn't have Shaq, and "Kobe played second fiddle." But that same argument implies Kobe's numbers are deflated because he was not the star of his team, and bench player (f**k you Del Harris).

Aka, this means nothing. Because their situations were different and you cannot compare them in a fair manner for either party. If you don't think the 3 titles early in his career had any value, I guess you'll be singing the same tune when he finishes with more rings.
That, and jordan > kobe
 02-09-2011, 09:35 PM         #53
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why is this thread still going. It ended when the initial thread starter posted
 7 years ago '06        #54
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949

02-09-2011, 09:49 PM         #55
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MJ>>>>>Kobe

MJ>>>>>>>Ur Favorite Player

Kobe doesnt do ANYTHING better than MJ why is that f**got even being compared????
 7 years ago '06        #56
twindeserteagle 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 217 217
LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE CHAMPIONSHIPS THAT THE REF DONAGHY GAVE THE LAKERS. And oh yea he was the only ref involved out the 5 Kobe has... cmon son
 02-09-2011, 09:55 PM         #57
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
As I said in the other thread that was made a week ago.. This is really unfair due to the fact that Kobe came out as a H.S kid.. He didn't come in like a LeBron James posting crazy stats(hell no H.S kid ever has).. And MJ came out as a Junior far more NBA ready..

Now if you throw out Kobe's first 3 years, and then add on the next 3 years he has in the league and just compare those to MJ's Bulls tenure, the argument becomes more interesting, and seems fair in my eyes. This is coming from a Bulls and and huge MJ fan..

I think it would be just more logical to compare Kobe and MJ based upon their ages.. Starting with Kobe and Mike at the age of 22(when Mike entered the league) and leading up..
Sure...

When you discount Kobe's first 3 seasons, you get

873 games
24,357 points
27.9 ppg

When you discount Jordan's last 3 seasons to make up for that, you get

848 games
26,920 points
31.7 ppg
 7 years ago '09        #58
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
no cheating refs=no rings for kobe
 02-09-2011, 09:59 PM         #59
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE CHAMPIONSHIPS THAT THE REF DONAGHY GAVE THE LAKERS. And oh yea he was the only ref involved out the 5 Kobe has... cmon son
Its funny you mention refs cause you probably never seen Jordan play but this dude got every call for a whole decade minus the two retirement years. But unlike now where superstar players around the league got the calls this dude stood alone he had so many phantom calls and no calls its unreal. It was so bad that the last shot that everyone remembers of Jordan juking Russell for the open shot is an offensive foul all day long in the NBA but not for MJ so spare us the rhetoric over a team being favored by the refs.
 7 years ago '10        #60
YoungBul00 
space
space
space
$597 | Props total: 0 0
Jordan Better..........
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago