Feb 8 - College is a waste for teens? 8 alternatives to college

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
181 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '08        #81
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 3422 3422
Also college has the same feel as the military or training all you need to do is just focus, shut up and study and put the required work and more in (who cares if you that one student that asks questions and such your classmates aren't gonna pay your bills when ya get out f**k them and leave your fear of interaction in every way in the classroom) Also the people that are going for business do p!ss me off just due to the fact that they don't even know the basic structure of business, It just looked appealing to them, I was lucky to be in situations where i got to start up small business while in grade school and up from helping distributing beckett mags and buying and reselling brokered stuff from local firms in high school and am working on getting some ideas set up so i can build while on college and network with my fellow students.
 7 years ago '07        #82
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 1109 1109
Been having this debate a lot with myself the past couple of months. I have two semesters left until I get my bachelors double majoring in Accounting and Finance. Whoever compares college to an education is wrong, its not an education its training simple as that. With that being said thats why it seems like bulls**t at times because you are learning the ins and out of doing a job, not how to survive in life. But it is a good look in the long run and I suggest that people atleast check it off before they s**t on it. Mad people are in here s**tting on school because they think youre have this huge amount of debt. That s**t aint true; my school is $32,000 grand a year and im barely paying anything because of the scholarships and grants that I get.
 7 years ago '04        #83
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,457 | Props total: 6610 6610
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
Been having this debate a lot with myself the past couple of months. I have two semesters left until I get my bachelors double majoring in Accounting and Finance. Whoever compares college to an education is wrong, its not an education its training simple as that. With that being said thats why it seems like bulls**t at times because you are learning the ins and out of doing a job, not how to survive in life. But it is a good look in the long run and I suggest that people atleast check it off before they s**t on it. Mad people are in here s**tting on school because they think youre have this huge amount of debt. That s**t aint true; my school is $32,000 grand a year and im barely paying anything because of the scholarships and grants that I get.
Dog...that's ALOT of f**king money either way!!!

You DON'T need college to make alot of money...period and point blank you can't even argue that fact.

BUT....

You do need an education to be succesful in anything. Some places college is where you can get that. But you can take seminars, you can get apprenticeships, work as an intern, go to workshops. ANY book can be had online now that will further help you in your education so that college library s**t isn't nowhere near as heavy a factor.

Anyone who s**ts on college education is a fool...because it is a higher form of education which you do need...a higher form of education...You DON'T have to get that from college...

Oh yeah and military experience >> College (yes im biased haha)

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 02-10-2011 at 10:12 AM..
 02-10-2011, 11:54 AM         #84
LYRICALDETOX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol oh sh!t
 7 years ago '06        #85
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
I don't buy this whole idea that going to college is a waste of money. I know there's not a lot of jobs out there when you leave college but you gotta remain patient, it's not going to happen right away. For me I went to grad school and now I'm 1 semester away from getting my master's degree. I really wasn't going to get a job straight out of college anyways so I figured it was a better investment than getting a lower level job somewhere.

People with degrees make that money back. Unless you have some kind of skilled laborer's job like HVC or something that which requires a license rather than a college degree, there's no logic behind the idea that you should skip college, those are just people who are lazy and looking to justify their bad decisions IMO.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home         

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
265 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
77 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
33 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
99 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy