Saigon - The Greatest Story Never Told [2011]

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Your Album Rating??
Classic!!! 58 35.15%
Dopeeee!!! 76 46.06%
Good.. 14 8.48%
Not Bad... 7 4.24%
Awful.. 10 6.06%
Voters: 165. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
nuknuk42084 
space
space
$2,521 | Props total: 0 0
seriously who the f**k voted awful....
 7 years ago '06        #22
jj01 
space
space
$44,963 | Props total: 4685 4685
waiting till tuesday to cop the fye version....i waited 8 years, f**k a few more days. anybody have a cdq version of that og track wit q tip?
 7 years ago '10        #23
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
dope.
 7 years ago '10        #24
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,780 | Props total: 972 972
Planning to pick this up.

Good Album.
 7 years ago '09        #25
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,659 | Props total: 2775 2775
Got to loaded on my phone for my morning drive, been waiting on a full length album from him since I first heard "The Abandoned Nation" Mixtape. Hope this is worth my wait!
 7 years ago '04        #26
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 1040 1040
saigon cannot make a classic album <-- thats written in the stone and nothing can change that. i will not be bothered to explain why.

having that said, it was a pleasant listen just becaus i know how long ago i first heard "lames" produced by scram jones and thought sai-giddy can actually flow. its been a long time coming and anyone who can imagine what all these years must have been like for this man, you gots to appreciate.

honestly though, i didnt know this was the direction the "yardfather" was gonna take. i aint complaining cuz i like soulful beats, but just something about him takling positive/thoughtful things just feels mismatched. but i also dont like him being aggressive on a loud (as opposed to soulful) just blaze beat. i think most "hyped up" just blaze beats get played out WAYYY too quickly. it just annoying after a couple spins. you might bop your head to it when you first hear it in your car with a couple of your goons, but the next time it comes on while youre riding alone, its just annoying.

i rambled a bit but its just something about saigon that i feel.. unsettling. he sure can write rhymes and flow, but his voice/subject matter/general direction of the album feel all mismatched. but like i said before, i cant imagine this album executed in any other way being too much better, either. its long over due and idk if its pretty much what was supposed to drop back in 2004-5 or mostly newly recorded, but it does have that timeless sound. but at the same time it doesnt really stand out like that. thats the gift/curse of soulful rap i.e. blue print 1. its good, but not mindblowing good.

i'd give it 3.5/5
 7 years ago '10        #27
kennboy1 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$3,584 | Props total: 1 1
 xbossxplayax said:
saigon cannot make a classic album <-- thats written in the stone and nothing can change that. i will not be bothered to explain why.

having that said, it was a pleasant listen just becaus i know how long ago i first heard "lames" produced by scram jones and thought sai-giddy can actually flow. its been a long time coming and anyone who can imagine what all these years must have been like for this man, you gots to appreciate.

honestly though, i didnt know this was the direction the "yardfather" was gonna take. i aint complaining cuz i like soulful beats, but just something about him takling positive/thoughtful things just feels mismatched. but i also dont like him being aggressive on a loud (as opposed to soulful) just blaze beat. i think most "hyped up" just blaze beats get played out WAYYY too quickly. it just annoying after a couple spins. you might bop your head to it when you first hear it in your car with a couple of your goons, but the next time it comes on while youre riding alone, its just annoying.

i rambled a bit but its just something about saigon that i feel.. unsettling. he sure can write rhymes and flow, but his voice/subject matter/general direction of the album feel all mismatched. but like i said before, i cant imagine this album executed in any other way being too much better, either. its long over due and idk if its pretty much what was supposed to drop back in 2004-5 or mostly newly recorded, but it does have that timeless sound. but at the same time it doesnt really stand out like that. thats the gift/curse of soulful rap i.e. blue print 1. its good, but not mindblowing good.

i'd give it 3.5/5
TGSNT is arguably a classic in own right/lane, well at least a great album.
 7 years ago '07        #28
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
listened to it twice all the way thru...this s**t is hard as f**k. very well put together album...just wish he had the og version of the invitation on here...i dont really care for the new one that much.
 02-10-2011, 01:49 AM         #29
Jaypain  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
where is the juke box
 02-10-2011, 01:13 PM         #30
TuJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
s**t is bananas... but whoever mixed it or mastered it needs a swift kick to the d!ck. the vocals sound raspy as f**k and the beat is wayyyy louder than the vocals
 02-10-2011, 09:57 PM         #31
RurourniK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xbossxplayax said:

i'd give it 3.5/5

Yeah.. I pretty much agree. I thought he could gone a lot more gutter on the album. Like the priest track really didn't hit home with me- I'd like him to have some repercussions crazy s**t on there.. but it was a good album. He could make a classic however he just needs to get it together a bit,.
 7 years ago '09        #32
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,831 | Props total: 1142 1142
Lol I was just watchin him on entourage season 3 the other day
 7 years ago '10        #33
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
yall talking bout "keeping hip hop alive" yet yall are downloading dude's album from the jukebox... how bout you go buy this man's album?

support real hip hop
 7 years ago '09        #34
Xx Tecca xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,358 | Props total: 0 0
 Infamous2o1x said:
yall talking bout "keeping hip hop alive" yet yall are downloading dude's album from the jukebox... how bout you go buy this man's album?

support real hip hop
dude speaks the truth!
 02-11-2011, 01:56 PM         #35
Blunted247  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous2o1x said:

support real hip hop

s**t, I bought the full deluxe package, but I am kinda pissed. Just got an email back from the dudes at Suburbannoize.com and was told that they will not be shipping out their orders until they get all the materials in for the deluxe packages. Who the f**k knows when that will be. You try to do the right thing and order the retail copy and get f**ked for doing so!!

Items Ordered: Price: Status:
1 of : Saigon - Yardfather Pullover Hoodie - XX-Large
$0.00 Processing
1 of : Saigon - Yardfather T-Shirt - Blue - XX-Large
$0.00 Processing
1 of : Saigon – The Greatest Story Never Told Deluxe CD
$0.00 Processing
1 of : Saigon – The Greatest Story Never Told Yardfather Deluxe Package - XX-Large Hoodie - Guys - XX-Large
$34.99 Processing

Peace.
 02-11-2011, 02:31 PM         #36
3 Stacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Very good album, good replay value. Best tracks so far : The invitation , Bring Me Down pt 2 (the hook is sick) ; Enemies-Friends (pretty good combo).

The middle of the album is the weak part for sure.
 7 years ago '10        #37
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,780 | Props total: 972 972
Group Rip is out...

natedogg posted it in the jukebox
 7 years ago '05        #38
§wiff 
space
space
$1,342 | Props total: 4 4
is this as good as OB4CL II RAEKWONS JOINT?
 7 years ago '05        #39
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,730 | Props total: 2219 2219
 §wiff said:
Thats what i would like to know. If ten n*ggas after me say that s**t is just as good as or better than OB4CL 1 or 2, i think i might have to dl it to listen and if i agree go buy it for the collection.
 7 years ago '09        #40
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1868 1868
 §wiff said:
You can play it all the way through like OB4CL II
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
18 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy