Saigon - The Greatest Story Never Told Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #121
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,350 | Props total: 827 827
no grouprip yet???...dam:disdain2:
 7 years ago '04        #122
nublet 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,343 | Props total: 42 42
album is pretty sick...

only two problems with it is that a lot of the tracks sound the same production wise.. was expecting just blaze to have some sicker beats on here... the other thing is that saigon can get a bit too preachy sometimes but i guess that's just his style. solid album though.

4/5 for now... not better than Kanye's MBDTF (not even close)
 7 years ago '07        #123
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,727 | Props total: 1729 1729
For a first full listen I thought it was a solid album that will grow on me.I née the group rip tho cuz the quality is terrible on the webrip
 7 years ago '04        #124
A.G 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 nublet said:
album is pretty sick...

only two problems with it is that a lot of the tracks sound the same production wise.. was expecting just blaze to have some sicker beats on here... the other thing is that saigon can get a bit too preachy sometimes but i guess that's just his style. solid album though.

4/5 for now... not better than Kanye's MBDTF (not even close)
There's no song on this album worse than Monster or Lost in the World.

MBDTF was very overrated.
 7 years ago '04        #125
nublet 18 heat pts18
space
space
 akademiks said:
There's no song on this album worse than Monster or Lost in the World.

MBDTF was very overrated.
i don't know what you're talking about because those two songs are sick to me

are you seriously trying to tell me that you think Saigon...is better than Kanye West?

Saigon? For real?

Last edited by nublet; 02-10-2011 at 12:36 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #126
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,760 | Props total: 941 941
 nublet said:

are you seriously trying to tell me that you think Saigon...is better than Kanye West?

Saigon? For real?

Kanye West is the better Music Artist but he aint f**king with Saigon when it comes to just rapping.
 7 years ago '05        #127
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,176 | Props total: 11711 11711
Must. Wait. Til. The. 15Th.
 02-10-2011, 12:50 PM         #128
phillyCANNON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This s**t k!lls MBDTF :agreement6:
 7 years ago '04        #129
nublet 18 heat pts18
space
space

can't believe i'm reading this s**t. any one of kanye's albums s**ts on this Saigon album. even 808's.

The Greatest Story Never Told is a good, solid album. that`s it. it ain`t a f**kin classic.
 7 years ago '04        #130
A.G 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
 nublet said:

Saigon? For real?

Kanye West is not even close to Saigon's level in terms of pure rapping.
 7 years ago '04        #131
nublet 18 heat pts18
space
space
 akademiks said:
Kanye West is not even close to Saigon's level in terms of pure rapping.
maybe not in the traditional sense, but there's more Kanye quotables than there is Saigon quotables.

Kanye as an artist far surpasses Saigon...and all his albums are better overall than this Saigon album
 7 years ago '12        #132
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 nublet said:
maybe not in the traditional sense, but there's more Kanye quotables than there is Saigon quotables.

Kanye as an artist far surpasses Saigon...and all his albums are better overall than this Saigon album
Slap yourself.
 7 years ago '10        #133
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,837 | Props total: 8177 8177
Album was well worth the wait! 4.5/5.I wish he would've made friends longer!I like the original preacher but, i also Like how they switched it up 2. So far AOTY!:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '06        #134
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 nublet said:

can't believe i'm reading this s**t. any one of kanye's albums s**ts on this Saigon album. even 808's.

The Greatest Story Never Told is a good, solid album. that`s it. it ain`t a f**kin classic.
So, you're a Kanye fan. nothing wrong with that, but that doesn't mean his material is classic or that he's better, just because you're a fan. Of course you're going to think that. You're a fan, duh. Either way, to me, Kanye isn't a great rapper. In fact, he isn't a rapper at all to me. Just a producer turned entertainer, like most of those behind the scenes these days. He can't rap to me, and apparently, his music gets more credit than it deserves. Great producer, lackluster rapper (using the term rapper loosely). And I certainly don't recall anything memerable as far as quotables and lines from him. He hasn't done anything musicically as an artist to connect with or impress me.

And I don't see the problem with GSNT being called classic. Y'all throw that term around very loosely as it is. And some of the crap that's been considered classic by y'all the last few years was crazy. Beause it was some subpar, below average garbage. Either way, if people think Saigon is a better artist to them, and that his album is a classic. They have every right to feel that way. Just like you going to bat for Kanye. Everybody isn't going to agree with your preference. Everybody isn't going to like the same artist you like. So why try and belittle how somebody else feels about their artist, by trying to force your opinion of Kanye on them, all while trying to deminish Saigon's talent? I don't get that.

You're entitled to your preference and opinion. In fact, you're free to express that. But not all of us think Kanye is some musical genius with classics out the a$$. You can appreciate and admire other artist in the same manner. I don't care for Jay Z or 2 Pac (never did never will). But people will have a fit if you don't think of them as they do. They're overrated and overinflated to me. But I don't sit there and debate with their fans about how overrated they are, and how they aren't as great as they make them out to be.
 7 years ago '10        #135
justdezit 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,134 | Props total: 2208 2208
 MissLoveOne said:
So, you're a Kanye fan. nothing wrong with that, but that doesn't mean his material is classic or that he's better, just because you're a fan. Of course you're going to think that. You're a fan, duh. Either way, to me, Kanye isn't a great rapper. In fact, he isn't a rapper at all to me. Just a producer turned entertainer, like most of those behind the scenes these days. He can't rap to me, and apparently, his music gets more credit than it deserves. Great producer, lackluster rapper (using the term rapper loosely). And I certainly don't recall anything memerable as far as quotables and lines from him. He hasn't done anything musicically as an artist to connect with or impress me.

And I don't see the problem with GSNT being called classic. Y'all throw that term around very loosely as it is. And some of the crap that's been considered classic by y'all the last few years was crazy. Beause it was some subpar, below average garbage. Either way, if people think Saigon is a better artist to them, and that his album is a classic. They have every right to feel that way. Just like you going to bat for Kanye. Everybody isn't going to agree with your preference. Everybody isn't going to like the same artist you like. So why try and belittle how somebody else feels about their artist, by trying to force your opinion of Kanye on them, all while trying to deminish Saigon's talent? I don't get that.

You're entitled to your preference and opinion. In fact, you're free to express that. But not all of us think Kanye is some musical genius with classics out the a$$. You can appreciate and admire other artist in the same manner. I don't care for Jay Z or 2 Pac (never did never will). But people will have a fit if you don't think of them as they do. They're overrated and overinflated to me. But I don't sit there and debate with their fans about how overrated they are, and how they aren't as great as they make them out to be.
propz

and the album is fire. he needs to keep it coming wit new s**t.
 7 years ago '09        #136
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,392 | Props total: 5095 5095
 nublet said:
not better than Kanye's MBDTF (not even close)

kanyes album is so overrated its not funny theres mayb 2 songs on there i like
 7 years ago '04        #137
A.G 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
All this love for real hip-hop..

s**t's beautiful.
 7 years ago '09        #138
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,207 | Props total: 19306 19306
this s**t was worth the wait s**t is near classic material exceeded expectations
 7 years ago '04        #139
A.G 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #140
jj01 
space
space
$44,936 | Props total: 4619 4619
waiting to cop on tuesday, cant wait to hear this.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
253 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
27 comments
2 days ago