Eminem to release fourth Recovery single - Space Bound

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '09        #61
asid12345678 23 heat pts23
space
space
$971 | Props total: 0 0
think its dope so cool
 7 years ago '04        #62
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
 kidmakaveli said:
Talkin To Myself shoulda got this
 02-08-2011, 07:52 AM         #63
Gully Gusto 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think he released "Space Bound" as a continuation of the "Love The Way You Lie" s**t....plus he knows a track like that will attract more fans...
 7 years ago '09        #64
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
In mid-January, when Eminem was filming scenes outside Detroit's Fox Theatre for his much buzzed-about ad for the Chrysler 200, it dawned upon him and manager Paul Rosenberg that the hip-hop artist was going to appear in two commercials during the Super Bowl broadcast.
Em had already lined up a spot with Lipton Brisk Iced Tea, and had been working with a creative team for months when details for the Chrysler ad were finalized.
"It really was coincidental. It wasn't like we said, 'Let's go out there and find some Super Bowl ads,'" Rosenberg said Monday, on the phone from his New York office.
"To go from really ever doing one commercial before" — a 2005 iTunes ad for Em's greatest hits collection "Curtain Call" — "to having two in one night was sort of a big thing," he said. "It was two things that came along that were really just the right thing at the right time."
And for Eminem, the time has perhaps never been more right than it is right now. His album "Recovery" was the best-selling album of 2010, and spawned several massive hits in the single "Not Afraid" and his duet with Rihanna, "Love the Way You Lie." Eminem leads all contenders going into this weekend's Grammy ceremony, and barring a huge upset, he will win the Album of the Year Grammy, becoming only the third hip-hop artist to achieve that honor.

Making a Super Bowl splash
Meanwhile, people are still buzzing about that stirring Chrysler ad, which racked up more than 1.6 million views on YouTube by Monday evening. The clip, directed by music video whiz Sam Bayer, was first offered to Eminem around Thanksgiving and was initially presented only as a request to use his song "Lose Yourself" in the spot.
As talks continued, it was suggested that Eminem should appear in the ad. His own story of recovery mirrored that of the city and the auto companies, and Em was receptive to the idea.
"We knew that it was going to be something positive for the city," Rosenberg said. "(Em) and I have been saying for a long time, look, it's enough about the car companies and the bad things executives did and all the negative press. We've got real people living here, we grew up here, and we know the world needs to start thinking differently about this place. So this was such an opportunity do that, he felt like he couldn't say no."
Filming took place on a weeknight in mid-January, around 9 or 9:30 at night. "It was pretty low-key," Rosenberg said, noting Eminem's scenes were filmed in one day.
For Rosenberg, the response to the Chrysler clip is still sinking in. "I thought people were going to be behind it and enjoy it, but I had no idea it was going to be this powerful of a reaction," he said.
Meanwhile, Em was approached to lend his claymation likeness to the Lipton spot in October. The company was reviving a series of ads from several years ago — previous clay-mated subjects included James Brown and Elvis Presley — and wanted Eminem's involvement in the new campaign. "We thought about it and said maybe we'll be interested, but how much control are we going to have over the ad?" Rosenberg said. "And they said, 'You know what? Why don't you guys write it.'"Rosenberg and Em sat down with a commercial copywriter and came up with the idea for the spot, in which Eminem explains all the reasons he doesn't participate in commercials. The anti-ad, as it's called by Lipton, was made by the same creative team that did 2009's "Coraline." It features Eminem rapping bleeped-out lyrics, and at one point shoving an executive-type off of a high rise building. "They told us, 'We want you guys to push things in terms of controversy,' so we did. We said, 'Let's see how far we can push this.'" Lipton had some objections to the spot, and several trims had to be made. An extended version of the clip will premiere online later this week, Rosenberg said.

Looking to the future
And that's not all that Eminem has in the pipeline. His duet with Dr. Dre, "I Need a Doctor," debuted online last week and is set for a big debut on this week's Billboard Hot 100 chart. A video for the clip is set to premiere next week, Rosenberg said.
In addition to his Grammy nominations, Em is set to perform at the show. Rosenberg is mum on details, other than to say Eminem will be performing a medley of songs. He wouldn't say whether Em will perform "I Need a Doctor" with Dre on the show, as has been rumored.
Eminem is releasing one more single from "Recovery," "Space Bound," before laying the project to bed, Rosenberg said. As far as live dates, "There's gonna be some stuff here and there," Rosenberg says. "There's no tour, but we're gonna have some dates where people will be able to see Em perform later this year." As for any local concerts, "We're gonna have to wait on that," he says.
And then the focus is turning to rebuilding Eminem's Shady Records, which recently signed rap group Slaughterhouse (featuring Detroiter Royce da 5'9") and Alabama rapper Yelawolf to its ranks. In the meantime, there's still some time to soak up the good vibes from the Chrysler ad.
"It's just one of those really authentic, powerful, emotional things that sometimes just connects with people," Rosenberg said. "Eminem's story, combined with that familiar great feeling people get from 'Lose Yourself,' when you put that together with something meaningful like the comeback of the city, it's just hard to beat."
 7 years ago '07        #65
notic99 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 0 0
damn if that song wasnt played out enough in my group of friends
 02-08-2011, 11:05 AM         #66
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A video for "Seduction" would be cool.
 7 years ago '04        #67
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
I always thought it would be a single
 02-08-2011, 11:57 AM         #68
hody08 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's big time single material, I thought it had the most potential when the CD dropped.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy