[Rumor] Andy Reid to step down as Eagles coach?/John Gruden to take over?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #21
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 KeepinItTrill said:
that's the main reason we lost that Super Bowl

Gruden pretty much built that team from the ground up (Raiders) and knew how we worked

muhf**ka ripped our souls out that game
and yall aint been the same since
 7 years ago '08        #22
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,731 | Props total: 11627 11627
 stogz said:
Am I the only one that thinks John Gruden is wildly overrated?
I do to
 7 years ago '05        #23
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,827 | Props total: 210 210
 stogz said:
i would agree because he gets all this credit for winning a sb but what did he do the rest of the time he was in tampa

but then again, what offense did he ever have. kind of reminds me of jeff fisher, what are you really supposed to do with that offense you have around you

but i like both coaches, but if i was an eagle fan i could see the frustration because they've had great teams and nothing to show for it, and might need a change but i don't think gruden would be the right fit for them
 02-06-2011, 11:32 PM         #24
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwheezy said:
i would agree because he gets all this credit for winning a sb but what did he do the rest of the time he was in tampa

but then again, what offense did he ever have. kind of reminds me of jeff fisher, what are you really supposed to do with that offense you have around you

but i like both coaches, but if i was an eagle fan i could see the frustration because they've had great teams and nothing to show for it, and might need a change but i don't think gruden would be the right fit for them
Its a great fit man....gruden already has taken one guys team who couldnt win the big one and turned them into champs....
 02-06-2011, 11:36 PM         #25
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
this dude has been right on alot of stuff that i can remember

incarceratedbob
No he hasn't, stop posting bulls**t.
 7 years ago '09        #26
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
:budden:
 7 years ago '07        #27
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,092 | Props total: 30423 30423
 lilwheezy said:

I dunno if I'd say the Eagles had 'great' teams.

They had a complete team that first season Owens got there. Then they had this year's team, and I guess last year's team.

Outside of that, they were always incomplete on offense. No wide-outs, and injured RBs.
 7 years ago '09        #28
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5

[pic - click to view]

If this is true this will be a shocker. I respect the hell out of Andy Reid but I believe he's way to easy on the players. John Gruden is a no nonsense type of coach and I really like that. I just don't see where the money's gonna come from to pay him. Vick's gonna get 23M than they got to sign DeSean thats pretty much the bank right there. If this does go down I'm behind this move 100%. Thanks Andy but
[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #29
droid3000 996 heat pts996
space
space
$26,483 | Props total: 26281 26281
 StateProperty88 said:
wowsers
x100...im speechless
 02-07-2011, 12:03 AM         #30
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I’m hesitant to share this, but if it’s true and I didn’t say anything, I would probably regret not saying something…
…but I also might regret this. Here goes nothing…
A Facebook status post from Denver Broncos fullback Kyle Eckel (a former Eagle) stated the following.
Inside word. John Gruden is in Philadelphia right now shacked up in a hotel getting ready for something. My guess is he’s not about to join the Flyers’ coaching staff. New Eagles head coach? Looking like it
What the hell?!
This rumor is picking up on Twitter, but none of the major outlets have even begun to tackle this. Nothing from Schefter, Mortensen, Glazer, Florio. Nothing. What I do know is that I plan to punch Kyle Eckel in the mouth if this is all crap and I got out of bed for this. But I’ll play for now.
I’ve noted multiple times in this blog and elsewhere that decisions made by the Eagles seem less and less to have Reid’s fingerprints on them, leading me to question how much stroke the longest-tenured coach in the NFL actually has.
From the decision to trade McNabb to naming Kolb the starter, to the decision to start Michael Vick, to the post-game conference where Reid said Sean McDermott would remain as the Eagles defensive coordinator, to the hiring of Juan Castillo, to this rumor tonight… if something like this came to fruition, it would be the culmination of Reid losing his grip on the team he once had so much control of.
It’s just so hard to believe.
Gruden was an offensive coordinator in Philadelphia for three seasons before Al Davis named him the coach of the Oakland Raiders. A year after his departure from Oakland, he won a Super Bowl with a Tampa Bay Buccaneers, defeating the team he coached just the season before. He parted with the Bucs after seven seasons, and became a color analyst for ESPN in May of 2009. He currently shares the broadcast booth with Mike Tirico and Ron Jaworski on ESPN’s Monday Night Football.
Only time will tell if this rumor, that doesn’t seem to have many teeth, if any at all, holds any merit. A coaching change at this juncture ultimately seems unlikely. However, the Eagles have been throwing people off (their fans, mostly) for the better part of two years.
Just curious… if Reid goes, can he take Joe Banner with him?

UPDATE: Eckel deleted his status post just minutes after midnight. He posted a new status, saying “People remember. Its all speculative. Have fun with it. Don’t ive or die by it. Man oh man.”
As of 12:29 am, no major media outlet has picked up on this story. It should also be considered that the Super Bowl just ended, so there’s that. It just goes to show what kind of monsters Facebook and Twitter have become. I need Adam Schefter and Jay Glazer to come in and put this thing to bed… or give it new life. Just to let you know, if they even bother with this, I’m expecting the former.

Dont get your hopes up people...looks like bs
 7 years ago '98        #31
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,192 | Props total: 3589 3589
nothing out there concrete yet... could just be another twitter rumor
 7 years ago '07        #32
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,521 | Props total: 70182 70182
gruden is kinda annoying to me
 7 years ago '09        #33
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
Maybe Gruden is there to catch up with an old friend Andy Reid?
Maybe Gruden is there to help his brother get adjusted to the city since he used to live there when he coached with the Eagles?
Maybe Andy Reid is having family issues again and asked Jon to come in, possibly take over so he can take care of his family?

Gruden is a good name since he has connections to the city, his brother was just hired, he knows the offense well, works with Mr Eagle in the MNF booth and a bunch of other s**t that would connect him. But, its all just speculation at this point and nothing serious.
 7 years ago '06        #34
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
space
$54,071 | Props total: 18868 18868
i don't believe this man....:disdain2:
 7 years ago '04        #35
dirt diesal 2 heat pts
space
space
$672 | Props total: 9 9
Probably just there to interview vick, just like he did at the start of the season when he went to new orleans to interview brees.
 7 years ago '04        #36
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,443 | Props total: 6511 6511
i heard gruden taking over 5 teams in the past 2 years. until he is on the sidelines. i don't believe it
 7 years ago '06        #37
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
Gruden was just in Dallas a few hours ago for a superbowl nows hes in philly? Andy aint goin anywhere
 7 years ago '04        #38
playersclub22 
space
space
space
$391 | Props total: 84 84
 stogz said:
 Main Event said:
I do to

Thank You... I'll give him credit for reviving Rich Gannon's career and having enough sense not to blow up everything Dungy built in Tampa his first year but the way the media praises this him you'd think you had the chance to hire Bill Walsh in his prime every time a coaching position pops up. If this rumor is true I expect he'll do well but I would've liked to see him go to a San Fran or Cleveland to see what chops his really has.
 7 years ago '10        #39
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
ESPN gonna try n c*ck block like dey always do when Chucky get a job offer
 7 years ago '07        #40
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
If you hated Andy Reid....wait till Gruden takes the reign

I luv it tho (Kanye West Voice)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
130 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy