No More Debating. Aaron Rodgers Is An Elite QB.

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,366 | Props total: 2081 2081
 smokeweed101. said:
I think he needs 1 or 2 more elite seasons, and yes it is likely it happens, but it needs to happen first I can't just say he will.

That is the thing with Rodgers, he needs 3 or 4 more years, and right now Rivers is closest to matching those top 3 with another 2 or 3 years. I don't know how much you guys watch football but it is too easy for someone to fall off to jump the gun, longevity and consistency matter.

Rodgers could very well fall into the Eli area, people had high respect for him coming off the SB high and have turned on him since, if Rodgers has a down season next year I guarantee Boxden isn't saying any of this, that is why I can't rush to conclusions over one postseason.
fair enough, but to that I dont think its fair to compare him with someone like eli. While having a good defense, Rodgers literally put the whole offense on his back, I would like to see the total pass/run disparity this year.

but I can see what you mean as far as time and consistency. While I feel Brees has already put in the time to be considered.
 7 years ago '04        #62
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
 Sub 0 said:
Lets be real. Eli Manning >>>>>>> Brady. Super Bowl 42 proved that.
if Brady doesn't get his s**t together soon, that game is going to look more and more like a huge choke job and the end of his magic
 02-07-2011, 12:24 AM         #63
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Elite QBs are those that put their their team in position to compete for a super bowl and can win one. Not just Brady and Manning. Brees, Eli, Rodgers, Ben and possibly Rivers are the elite guys and thats a very shaky possibly on Rivers. He may be on that next level with guys like Cutler, Palmer, Romo, Schaub, McNabb and Hasselbeck
All depends on standards, mine are different, elite to me is about consistent top level play for 8+ years. So I can't label Brees, Eli, Rivers, Rodgers, and Ben elite yet. Of that list Brees is the only one that can make that move in under 8 years because of the level of play he has kept, Rivers and Rodgers come right behind and will have plenty of time to get their praise, but the QB position has a long shelve life so why do we love to rush things?
 7 years ago '07        #64
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 regularjoe said:
What's so consistent about Rivers?
Rivers is consistent better than Rodgers, no.
 7 years ago '07        #65
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
All depends on standards, mine are different, elite to me is about consistent top level play for 8+ years. So I can't label Brees, Eli, Rivers, Rodgers, and Ben elite yet. Of that list Ben is the only one that can make that move in under 8 years because of the level of play he has kept, Rivers and Rodgers come right behind and will have plenty of time to get their praise, but the QB position has a long shelve life so why do we love to rush things?
Damn 8 years... mine is like 4. 8 is too much. You're talking about vets and s**t . Most QBs in the league are young. By 4 years I don't mean 4 years in the league I mean 4 consistent years w/ great individual numbers. I don't care how far your "team" makes it. We all know a defense can lose a game or vice versa.
 02-07-2011, 12:26 AM         #66
Sub 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
if Brady doesn't get his s**t together soon, that game is going to look more and more like a huge choke job and the end of his magic
Brady is now a regular season stat padder. He hasn't won a playoff game since that debacle
 7 years ago '04        #67
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
 Sub 0 said:
Brady is now a regular season stat padder. He hasn't won a playoff game since that debacle
If he doesn't get it together, I will go to my grave believing Jay Alford ended that cracka's playoff career magic
 7 years ago '04        #68
regularjoe 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
$36,304 | Props total: 12973 12973
 TH35 said:
Rivers is consistent better than Rodgers, no.
I disagree.

Rivers yards first 3 years as a starter: 3388, 3152, 4009

Rodgers yards first 3 years as a starter: 4038, 4434, 3922,

Rivers completion percentage first 3 years as starter: 61.7, 60.2, 65.3

Rodgers completion percentage first 3 years as starter: 63.6, 64.7, 65.7

Rivers TDs first 3 years as a starter: 22, 21, 34

Rodgers TDs first 3 years as a starter: 28, 30, 28

I'm not trying to take anything from Rivers, he's damn good. How many Super Bowls has he won? That was always the knock against Rodgers... couldn't win big games. Well, that's gone.

You guys sound like haters to me.
 7 years ago '05        #69
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,103 | Props total: 1537 1537
 Verstand said:
thats it? playing in a dome wit no running game favors a pass happy offense
The whole no running game shouldn't be brought up really... they flashed how many run plays and pass plays Green Bay had ran (don't remember exactly when but it was deep into the 4th quarter) and GB had 37 passes and 9 rushes.

Rodgers to me is right on the cusp of being elite. He just hasn't been in the league long enough yet. 1a. Manning, 1b. Brady, 2. Brees.... then I would put Rodgers next.

However...you know hes really close when people pick him as the first QB overall in fantasy football. That is a good indicator, especially lately. Back when people picked Daunte Culpepper as the first QB overall it was because he ran A LOT and threw a lot of TDs to Moss and Carter. Rodgers has a ton of weapons when they're healthy and it says a lot that people picked him over Manning in fantasy (not all leagues obviously but a lot of experts had him the highest rated fantasy QB prior to the season).
 7 years ago '04        #70
space
space
 QualityRecords said:
The whole no running game shouldn't be brought up really... they flashed how many run plays and pass plays Green Bay had ran (don't remember exactly when but it was deep into the 4th quarter) and GB had 37 passes and 9 rushes.

Rodgers to me is right on the cusp of being elite. He just hasn't been in the league long enough yet. 1a. Manning, 1b. Brady, 2. Brees.... then I would put Rodgers next.

However...you know hes really close when people pick him as the first QB overall in fantasy football. That is a good indicator, especially lately. Back when people picked Daunte Culpepper as the first QB overall it was because he ran A LOT and threw a lot of TDs to Moss and Carter. Rodgers has a ton of weapons when they're healthy and it says a lot that people picked him over Manning in fantasy (not all leagues obviously but a lot of experts had him the highest rated fantasy QB prior to the season).
That's a good argument. I think 3 years as a starter, (with consistent numbers), they're not flukes, can erase that argument. But the time thing... I can see that.
 02-07-2011, 12:33 AM         #71
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
What's so consistent about Rivers?
I don't have his numbers but he has played longer than Rodgers and has had pretty good stats his career. Most people had him MVP favorite before Brady took off so why act like he isn't close to Rodgers now that Rodgers made it farther in one season?

This is the first season of 3 that Rodgers has made it farther than Rivers in the playoffs, think about that, he might have more rings but Rivers has shown more, if they both fall off next season who is better? Rivers. That is the way I would look at it. Honestly 5th isn't bad for Rodgers, dude is young as hell and hasn't had much time in the league, how could that be seen as a negative or hate on my part?

The only reason I was ready to put Brady in that elite level in under 8 years is because he had the greatest single season in 07, and because I am a homer. Rodgers throws 50 TDs or 5000 yards to go with that ring and we can prematurely label him elite too.
 02-07-2011, 12:35 AM         #72
Sub 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
If he doesn't get it together, I will go to my grave believing Jay Alford ended that cracka's playoff career magic

[video - click to view]

That what Brady get for talking shyt days before, he's still paying for that shyt. Losing the last two playoffs at HOME. Is that what elite QBs do????
 7 years ago '04        #73
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,456 | Props total: 6601 6601
 Sub 0 said:

That what Brady get for talking shyt days before, he's still paying for that shyt. Losing the last two playoffs at HOME. Is that what elite QBs do????
Bradys place on the throne doesn't come into question...period...and I HATE the Pats
 02-07-2011, 12:48 AM         #74
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why is a Saints fan spewing random hate? Guess one topic can't go without immaturity.
 02-07-2011, 12:49 AM         #75
Sub 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cutty Olds said:
Bradys place on the throne doesn't come into question...period...and I HATE the Pats
The only throne he have been rocking is this.

[pic - click to view]

What a playoff loser.
 7 years ago '07        #76
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 regularjoe said:
I disagree.

Rivers yards first 3 years as a starter: 3388, 3152, 4009

Rodgers yards first 3 years as a starter: 4038, 4434, 3922,

Rivers completion percentage first 3 years as starter: 61.7, 60.2, 65.3

Rodgers completion percentage first 3 years as starter: 63.6, 64.7, 65.7

Rivers TDs first 3 years as a starter: 22, 21, 34

Rodgers TDs first 3 years as a starter: 28, 30, 28

I'm not trying to take anything from Rivers, he's damn good. How many Super Bowls has he won? That was always the knock against Rodgers... couldn't win big games. Well, that's gone.

You guys sound like haters to me.
where did I say Rodgers wasn't consistent? I think you misread what I said. I thought we were talking about Rivers being consistent? They both are Also, like I said earlier Rodgers was already elite to me w/o the Superbowl. Lowkey said it best you don't have to win a Superbowl or have a Superbowl MVP to be an elite QB. Things like that just add to it especially if you have a great game. When I talk about elite QBs I'm talking about the individual, not their team. I never heard that knock on Rodgers about winning big games because that usually falls on the team, imo. I've seen him play well in big games win or loss . Take the Seahawks game w/ Brees for example he balled out but he had no run support that wasn't on him.

Last edited by TH35; 02-07-2011 at 12:53 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #77
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Why is a Saints fan spewing random hate? Guess one topic can't go without immaturity.
Ironic.
 7 years ago '04        #78
space
space
 TH35 said:
where did I say Rodgers wasn't consistent? I think you misread what I said. I thought we were talking about Rivers being consistent? They both are Also, like I said earlier Rodgers was already elite to me w/o the Superbowl.
Yep, my mistake. I did misread.
 02-07-2011, 12:50 AM         #79
Sub 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Because I can.
 7 years ago '10        #80
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,143 | Props total: 8099 8099
 Sub 0 said:
The only throne he have been rocking is this.

[pic - click to view]

What a playoff loser.

Playoff loser but a 3x Super Bowl Champ....kids these days
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy