No More Debating. Aaron Rodgers Is An Elite QB.

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #221
regularjoe 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
$36,458 | Props total: 13147 13147
 smokeweed101. said:
No it is just as simple as 6-8+ years of solid play, much more TDs than picks, a lot of yards, a consistent mid to high 60s %, wins, leadership, rings, MVPs, whatever.

I think I don't understand you if anything, I think you are a.ssuming that Rodgers can't go out and have 3 straight Dilferesque seasons and become an average QB over a 6 year average. Don't go and say what if Brady does because his average would be over 13 years.

So if they both suck for the next three years Rodgers is trash for 50% and Brady for 25% of their careers. (lets say Brady retires and Rodgers gets a career ending injury since we are already going extreme here ) That might not be possible to you but if it happens then we look dumb for jumping the gun.
No--I'm not comparing Rodgers to Brady. Don't take the argument somewhere it wasn't intended, just to "win".

What I'm saying is... it's possibly to be currently elite. And it's possible to lose that status over time, or continue it.

3 years of positive progress, great stats, Super Bowl MVP, following one of the GOAT's, and having one of the most impressive QB performances in Super Bowl history is enough for me to call him elite, currently. In addition, there's not many (if any, RIGHT THIS SECOND), better than Rodgers in the NFL.
 02-07-2011, 09:45 PM         #222
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwheezy said:
okay so let me get this straight, 3 years playing at a great level is elite for one guy (chris johnson), even though he can get hurt and is more prone to getting hurt (as you stated) and might not even play next season (i.e adrian peterson who missed a season in college and more recently in the nfl)

yet 3 years playing at a great level isn't elite when the player (a qb) in question is less injury prone (as you also stated) and one of your main arguments is that you never know what will happen in the future

ok, got it, so you really don't know what you're talking about
First of all they are the top RBs in the game, so by default they get a lower standard. Rodgers can be compared to Brady and Peyton 10 year vets, there is no 10 year RB carrying a team on his back, the top ones are all young.

And maybe I should have said 'possibly' before you got all pissy, I don't want to call them elite after only 50-60 games played but they are more deserving than Rodgers because they are the elite class of their position (calling Rodgers the same as you will is disrespectful to Brady and Manning who are in their own class imo) right now and because RBs don't play long so its not like you can judge it the same.
 02-07-2011, 09:52 PM         #223
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
No--I'm not comparing Rodgers to Brady. Don't take the argument somewhere it wasn't intended, just to "win".
You are a funny a.ss dude, real paranoid, nothing to win you are the thread starter your mind is set and so is mine (as far as my standard of elite). I brought up Brady as an example of how he can be elite and fall off and not have his whole career brought down, just 1/4th, if Rodgers falls off a few years half his career is now brought down. It is easier to look elite quick when you have played less games but on the other hand less games means the entire body of work can be brought down just as fast (in my eyes, maybe this SB is enough that nothing else will matter, understandable but not when measuring elite careers).

regularjoe said:
What I'm saying is... it's possibly to be currently elite. And it's possible to lose that status over time, or continue it.
Agreed, but to ME that is pointless, I might as well just wait, I gain nothing by throwing him up there with Brady and Peyton right now.
 7 years ago '05        #224
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,827 | Props total: 210 210
 smokeweed101. said:
First of all they are the top RBs in the game, so by default they get a lower standard. Rodgers can be compared to Brady and Peyton 10 year vets, there is no 10 year RB carrying a team on his back, the top ones are all young.

And maybe I should have said 'possibly' before you got all pissy, I don't want to call them elite after only 50-60 games played but they are more deserving than Rodgers because they are the elite class of their position (calling Rodgers the same as you will is disrespectful to Brady and Manning who are in their own class imo) right now and because RBs don't play long so its not like you can judge it the same.
how do they get a lower standard, they are putting up great numbers. it's not like they're playing with a bunch of scrubs. how about you show some consistency

and i'm trying to figure out how it's disrespectful to be mentioned in their class when in his first 3 years as a starter he has played just as well and even better come these playoffs. we aren't talking all time greats, we're talking about elite qbs playing right now and he's one of them
 7 years ago '04        #225
regularjoe 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
$36,458 | Props total: 13147 13147
 smokeweed101. said:
Agreed, but to ME that is pointless, I might as well just wait, I gain nothing by throwing him up there with Brady and Peyton right now.
So you feel there is nothing to gain, by living in the present NFL, and looking forward to the future?

Edit: Mis-read.

Last edited by regularjoe; 02-07-2011 at 09:57 PM..
 02-07-2011, 10:03 PM         #226
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwheezy said:
how do they get a lower standard, they are putting up great numbers. it's not like they're playing with a bunch of scrubs. how about you show some consistency
They get lower standards because they are not chasing a class of two multi MVP first ballot HOFs.

lilwheezy said:
we aren't talking all time greats, we're talking about elite qbs playing right now and he's one of them
We are talking what defines elite if anything, we both agree he is in the top 5 but I don't agree that top 5 = elite, you do. I don't get the point of changing the elite class every year or two, an elite QB should be proven and 3 years is a small sample size IN MY OPINION.
 02-07-2011, 10:05 PM         #227
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
So you feel there is nothing to gain, by living in the present NFL, and looking forward to the future?

Edit: Mis-read.
I can live in the present, Rodgers is the SB MVP as deserved and top 5 presently, doesn't mean I have to throw him in the clouds with legends I keep mentioning. By no point I mean some new popular guy will win and suddenly Rodgers is back to Rodgers and this guy is elite. Several young guys were elite not long ago and now suddenly they are average, so why would I bandwagon and follow idiots who do that? Makes no sense to me.

Trust me, you keep saying everyone feels this way but they will turn on Rodgers quick, and then it will just look like you're being a homer (see Eli Manning for example).

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 02-07-2011 at 10:08 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #228
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
Yeah I'll say it.......he's been entered on the list of one of my favorite players all time. Kid can ball and he has swag through the roof. Ball placement is f**king ridiculous.....n*ggaz future is f**king bright as f**k.........I hope he stays healthy.
 7 years ago '04        #229
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 agony8 said:
colt mccoy is elite...chris hanie is elite...f**k it chad pennington is elite...jamarcus russell best to ever grace the field...oh yeah jimmy claussen for first pick fantasy next year...jp losman is gonna win comeback player award...donovan mcnabb had a down year but he will bounce back...

as far as rb's go i mean deuce mcallister is a hof off his 2 year run...marshawn lynch is a hof he ran once for over 1000 yards...mike bell is the best runner i ever seen...
youre that mad huh? you can hold onto your regular season warrior brady:dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #230
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Sounds to me like a bunch of whiny Pats fans who think Brady is and always will be in a class of his own. No one's saying Rodgers is elite just because he won a Super Bowl. Dude has been putting up monstrous stats for three years now. The way he understands and plays the game is above and beyond so many other QBs. I'd even put him above my all-time favorite QB, Favre. Then you have the raw talent. He had three great seasons to back it up (6-10 record is just a record, look at his personal stats). And now he has a Super Bowl MVP. So many who played great in the same position said Rodgers had/has what it takes to be great in the league. Then they said he needed to win a playoff game. Then they said he needed to win a Super Bowl. Done all that. He's elite, deal with it. The world doesn't revolve around Peyton and Uncle Tom.
 7 years ago '04        #231
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
and he like black people AND kids, unlike tom brady/manning

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #232
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 agony8 said:
like i said he did enough this year to finally be put in the 3 to 5 range...brady>>>manning>>>brees, big ben, rodgers...u can have him 3rd, 4th or 5th n i wont bat an eye lash...he cant be any higher or any lower...facts as of right now this very day until further notice...
I'll agree to that.
 02-08-2011, 11:02 AM         #233
Sub 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The immortal Tom Brady hasn't done shyt in 5 years. Regular season stat-padder.
 7 years ago '10        #234
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
Holy s**t some of you are idiots. This isnt basketball, QBs are good because they have good players along side. The stats are reflected by the cooperation of the receivers
 7 years ago '04        #235
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 WalmartRollback said:
Holy s**t some of you are idiots. This isnt basketball, QBs are good because they have good players along side. The stats are reflected by the cooperation of the receivers
You're saying that as if the receivers are having to jump 10 feet off the ground to get every ball. Rodgers will put the ball in the exact spot it needs to be every time. Receivers sometimes don't even need to look and the ball will be in their hands when Rodgers throws it. (Jennings has done this many times.) Yea, the receivers are a huge part, but the QB has to actually get it to them. There are not many QBs who can get a ball to a receiver like Rodgers can. Put the same talent around Jason Campbell, Troy Smith, Tarvaris Jackson, or some other garbage QB and they don't just automatically get better.
 02-08-2011, 04:27 PM         #236
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
Sounds to me like a bunch of whiny Pats fans who think Brady is and always will be in a class of his own.
I like how you left out Peyton Manning, also like how you claim I am whining for saying I have my standard of elite that even Brady I held to, if anyone is whining it is the ones complaining about why I have my opinion.
 7 years ago '10        #237
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
 finishim said:
and he like black people AND kids, unlike tom brady/manning

[pic - click to view]

looks like he took that lil n*ggas milk from him........lil n*gga like dat nacho milk!
 7 years ago '09        #238
Lincecum2211 
space
space
$420 | Props total: 0 0
 agony8 said:
are u retarded manning has had one losing season n brees hasnt had one that i can recall, i believe his worst was 8 n 8 for the chargers, not sure the year he was hurt...quit posting...
Actually Brees has had two losing seasons. 03 with San Diego they went 2-9 but that season he missed 5 games due to injury and his second year with the saints he went 7-9 then following year 8-8. i think thats the year he threw 5000 yards. And manning has had two losing seasons
 7 years ago '07        #239
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,111 | Props total: 6321 6321
If you are grading a body of work you can't undermine what Brady, Manning, Brees has done the last few years.

I will say he's top 5 right behind them.... but is another solid season away from overtaking Brees and maybe one more ring to be ahead or alongside Manning.
 7 years ago '07        #240
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 ptwist said:
If you are grading a body of work you can't undermine what Brady, Manning, Brees has done the last few years.

I will say he's top 5 right behind them.... but is another solid season away from overtaking Brees and maybe one more ring to be ahead or alongside Manning.
Naw, he needs to do more than that. Manning has a lot of individual records. Another ring won't put him over Manning. Ben has 2 rings and he's not even in Manning's league.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
18 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy