No More Debating. Aaron Rodgers Is An Elite QB.

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
169 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
188 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #201
regularjoe 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
$36,417 | Props total: 13084 13084
 smokeweed101. said:
How? I thought 3 years and a few yards is all you need for the elite label.
He's elite now. Right now, today, he's elite.

And plus, you just jock Tom Brady. Just like in the thread of who would you have "Ben, Eli, or Peyton", you posted a pic of Brady. It proves my point in general. You guys who don't like Rodgers, aren't going to give him the credit he deserves.

Damn near EVERYONE, says he's now in the elite class. But you, and a couple other people don't. You're the outliers. And that's fine. Everyone always has to play that role.
 7 years ago '05        #202
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 210 210
 smokeweed101. said:
How? I thought 3 years and a few yards is all you need for the elite label.

And what do you mean argument? I am not arguing I am just telling dude why I don't rush to label things just to label them.
if you think rodgers first 3 years are just a few yards than i do really feel bad for you and would love to hear what you thought brady's first 3 years were because i'm sure it was a different tone.
 02-07-2011, 09:10 PM         #203
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwheezy said:
ok, if that's the case, then tom brady could in his next 6 years throw 30+ ints and won't win another playoff game, what then?
I would be pissed but Bill would make him retire or get traded/cut if he was hurting the team. Not that he would ever hurt the team.
 7 years ago '08        #204
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,128 | Props total: 2842 2842
Rodgers put up ridiculous numbers throughout the playoffs and could have had 5 TD passes last night, if not for drops and without a legitimate running game. They lost Grant AND Finley, yet Rodgers still held it together, can't ask for much more from a QB.

2005 NFL Draft

24 Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers Quarterback California
25 Washington Redskins (from Denver) Jason Campbell Quarterback Auburn

Congrats to the Packers. And he already accomplished something Favre didn't, get that SB MVP
 02-07-2011, 09:13 PM         #205
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
And plus, you just jock Tom Brady. Just like in the thread of who would you have "Ben, Eli, or Peyton", you posted a pic of Brady. It proves my point in general. You guys who don't like Rodgers, aren't going to give him the credit he deserves.
So you are bringing a joke from another thread up to debate my OPINION that elite (including Brady for the millionth time) takes years and years of consistency?

Then continue to say I dislike Rodgers when for the millionth time I stated he is top 5 and on the path to elite status with CONSISTENCY over TIME. Interesting, I guess GB is a lame city if this is what you do after a championship.
 7 years ago '04        #206
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
So you are bringing a joke from another thread up to debate my OPINION that elite (including Brady for the millionth time) takes years and years of consistency?

Then continue to say I dislike Rodgers when for the millionth time I stated he is top 5 and on the path to elite status with CONSISTENCY over TIME. Interesting, I guess GB is a lame city if this is what you do after a championship.

Is that what you do when I prove you wrong? You insult the city, say it's a joke, or try to point the argument away from you.

That's cool. I'll leave you alone.

02-07-2011, 09:16 PM         #207
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
Damn near EVERYONE, says he's now in the elite class. But you, and a couple other people don't. You're the outliers. And that's fine. Everyone always has to play that role.
I also heard the same about Garrard, Palmer, Vick, and Bulger before. Hope you don't mean Boxden either who claims the new Eminem and Transformers are CLASSICS!!!! Trust me, smokeweed is not the one to compare to the typical BX gun hopper.
 7 years ago '05        #208
lilwheezy 
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
I would be pissed but Bill would make him retire or get traded/cut if he was hurting the team. Not that he would ever hurt the team.
then according to you, he's not elite because that could happen

you don't need 10 years to judge talent. if that was the case then it has to work the other way around as well. why trade players, they can become elite down the road. let's wait 8 years and see how they do. you know how dumb that sounds

3 years is plenty of time to judge talent, plenty of time for everybody else except for you for some reason. there was a reason why a general manager risked his own job to get rid of an already established and elite qb in favor of rodgers and what has he done, put up great stats, win them games, and really excels come post-season
 02-07-2011, 09:18 PM         #209
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:

Is that what you do when I prove you wrong? You insult the city, say it's a joke, or try to point the argument away from you.

That's cool. I'll leave you alone.

Prove that I dislike Rodgers (not by quoting jokes in Agony's thread) and explain why a website built off jokes should be void of humor? (such as posting Brady holding a GOAT to poke fun)

I wasn't insulting your city, but you have been crying about NE, Brady, and my opinions ever since the clock hit zero.
 7 years ago '04        #210
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
I also heard the same about Garrard, Palmer, Vick, and Bulger before. Hope you don't mean Boxden either who claims the new Eminem and Transformers are CLASSICS!!!! Trust me, smokeweed is not the one to compare to the typical BX gun hopper.
No you didn't.

And not being "typical BX gun hopper"... you just like to be the guy who goes against everything. I know plenty of people like you. And no, I'm not referring to BX.
 02-07-2011, 09:21 PM         #211
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwheezy said:
then according to you, he's not elite because that could happen
He is elite because of, well we both know why. He became elite around 05-07 not in 03. My point isn't that you are not elite until you retire, but a 10 year vet falling off is still going to the HOF and still cemented in history, if Rodgers dies tomorrow in the future he is not praised for his 3 years of Brady/Peyton play (by non Packers fans I mean), he would be forgotten if he doesn't have a few more years. Nothing wrong with that, the early years are fun, I would do anything to go back to Brady's young raw days.
 7 years ago '04        #212
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Prove that I dislike Rodgers (not by quoting jokes in Agony's thread) and explain why a website built off jokes should be void of humor? (such as posting Brady holding a GOAT to poke fun)

I wasn't insulting your city, but you have been crying about NE, Brady, and my opinions ever since the clock hit zero.
Ok, you win. Rodgers isn't elite. He's top 5, but only the top 4 in the NFL right now are elite. And I haven't once cried about NE or Brady. I've done nothing but give Brady credit. Feel free to check past posts.

And it's a message board. It's for opinions, and discussion. I'm not quite sure why the Packers winning the Super Bowl has anything to do with me not needing to respond to posts? Odd.
 02-07-2011, 09:24 PM         #213
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwheezy said:
why trade players, they can become elite down the road. let's wait 8 years and see how they do. you know how dumb that sounds
I am not a GM I am a football fan, my standards are different from the next fan and I don't have nothing to lose or gain regardless. Just like how a music fan can think only a few artists are elite and another can think everyone who makes one good album is elite.

Again this is the same opinion I hold in music and movies, I am just a picky guy, I don't like to praise people too soon.
 7 years ago '05        #214
lilwheezy 
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
He is elite because of, well we both know why. He became elite around 05-07 not in 03. My point isn't that you are not elite until you retire, but a 10 year vet falling off is still going to the HOF and still cemented in history, if Rodgers dies tomorrow in the future he is not praised for his 3 years of Brady/Peyton play (by non Packers fans I mean), he would be forgotten if he doesn't have a few more years. Nothing wrong with that, the early years are fun, I would do anything to go back to Brady's young raw days.
quick question, is chris johnson or adrian peterson elite running backs?
 7 years ago '04        #215
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Your argument of "if his career ends tomorrow", is such a reach. It takes the discussion about him being elite CURRENTLY, into different areas.

So you can't be elite in a current state, but you can be considered elite if you have a great stretch, and then a good, not great stretch?

I guess I don't understand the way you interpret things.
 02-07-2011, 09:28 PM         #216
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
you just like to be the guy who goes against everything.
I have that reputation (because Boxden has tendencies to root for things I don't and against things I do), thing is I actually do enjoy the music, movies, and games that I discuss here. When I log off I am not suddenly in the mainstream crowd pulling a 360, I just am who I am, don't need to pretend.

That is why I love this site, I can have debates any time and can help out like for instance recommending movies that a lot here never heard of.
 02-07-2011, 09:31 PM         #217
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwheezy said:
quick question, is chris johnson or adrian peterson elite running backs?
RB shelve life is shorter so bad question, I get what you mean but a QB can play a lot longer.

So I would say yes, I like to look at the past to measure, and history says a QB lasts long into their 30s while a RB's legs wear down. So less years of consistency is pretty standard for a top RB.
 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM         #218
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
Ok, you win. Rodgers isn't elite. He's top 5, but only the top 4 in the NFL right now are elite. And I haven't once cried about NE or Brady. I've done nothing but give Brady credit. Feel free to check past posts.

And it's a message board. It's for opinions, and discussion. I'm not quite sure why the Packers winning the Super Bowl has anything to do with me not needing to respond to posts? Odd.
Just saying, when the Pats were winning SBs I wasn't on here like hey guys do you respect Brady? Is he elite? Why not? I would be chilling, never know if you make it back soon.
 7 years ago '05        #219
lilwheezy 
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
RB shelve life is shorter so bad question, I get what you mean but a QB can play a lot longer.

So I would say yes, I like to look at the past to measure, and history says a QB lasts long into their 30s while a RB's legs wear down. So less years of consistency is pretty standard for a top RB.
okay so let me get this straight, 3 years playing at a great level is elite for one guy (chris johnson), even though he can get hurt and is more prone to getting hurt (as you stated) and might not even play next season (i.e adrian peterson who missed a season in college and more recently in the nfl)

yet 3 years playing at a great level isn't elite when the player (a qb) in question is less injury prone (as you also stated) and one of your main arguments is that you never know what will happen in the future

ok, got it, so you really don't know what you're talking about
 02-07-2011, 09:40 PM         #220
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
Your argument of "if his career ends tomorrow", is such a reach. It takes the discussion about him being elite CURRENTLY, into different areas.

So you can't be elite in a current state, but you can be considered elite if you have a great stretch, and then a good, not great stretch?

I guess I don't understand the way you interpret things.
No it is just as simple as 6-8+ years of solid play, much more TDs than picks, a lot of yards, a consistent mid to high 60s %, wins, leadership, rings, MVPs, whatever.

I think I don't understand you if anything, I think you are a.ssuming that Rodgers can't go out and have 3 straight Dilferesque seasons and become an average QB over a 6 year average. Don't go and say what if Brady does because his average would be over 13 years.

So if they both suck for the next three years Rodgers is trash for 50% and Brady for 25% of their careers. (lets say Brady retires and Rodgers gets a career ending injury since we are already going extreme here ) That might not be possible to you but if it happens then we look dumb for jumping the gun.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
204 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy