Lakers GM Kupchak Considering Roster Changes

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
27 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-31-2011, 09:40 PM         #21
LoverKevinn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
What the f**k happend to Ron Artest? Dude used to average 17-18ppg and played stellar D... Now he's a bum... wow
^ this....man that n*gga Artest won his ring and now he straight slaccin on the court..s**ts horrible
 7 years ago '04        #22
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
 CaliIsActive said:
The league about to be mad when we trade bynum for Howard straight up
if the lakers get away with another Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown type of trade, you know this s**t is rigged, no more doubt after that
 7 years ago '04        #23
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Liquid-Science said:
if the lakers get away with another Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown type of trade, you know this s**t is rigged, no more doubt after that
It was an expiring contract that the Grizzlies were after, what exactly did they "get away" with?
 7 years ago '08        #24
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,743 | Props total: 11629 11629
I see a Steve Blake for Chris Paul straight up trade in the works and i dont like it
 7 years ago '09        #25
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64 OP
space
space
$49,176 | Props total: 22638 22638
 ReggieA said:
Kobe asked for a trade, knowing damn well he was not going to leave LA, just telling Mitch and Jerry, "I ain't winning no f**king championship with Smush Parker and f**king Kwame Brown!"
indeed. that doesn't really have much to do with players consistently not playing up to there talent level tho, considering there was no talent back then to begin with. if the right deal, right fit, right situation would have been there he probably would have dipped tho
 7 years ago '09        #26
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,662 | Props total: 2782 2782
 ozWinston said:
indeed. that doesn't really have much to do with players consistently not playing up to there talent level tho, considering there was no talent back then to begin with. if the right deal, right fit, right situation would have been there he probably would have dipped tho
I just don't see who is worth moving around on their roster, maybe a package with Artest and Blake for another scorer/defender like a Stephen Jackson or Gerald Wallace, I just don't see them moving anyone, unless they really are desperate to go out and get someone. Bynum is staying, I don't care what Lakers fans say, until at least Howard opts out in 2012, but now, either they are plotting a trade, or they are just trying to wake the team up.
 7 years ago '09        #27
WiLL 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,927 | Props total: 192 192
 P. Dedos said:
they have the "GOAT" and the most stacked team in the nba with lamar odom coming off the bench

how much more help can the great lakers need
you should be the last one talkin bout stacked teams
 7 years ago '09        #28
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
Artest is trash and Fish is done. Knowing the Lakers, they'll get hot around playoff time and get back to the Finals.
 7 years ago '04        #29
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
IF they are making a trade its going to be a minor trade. They have a $5M trade exception to use.

To get Melo they have to give up Bynum or Odom and that's not going to happen.
 7 years ago '04        #30
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
 MPLSallstar said:
Trade:
Ron Artest
Andrew Bynum

For:
Carmelo Anthony

Clears room in the paint. Melo would need to play the 3 (Trading Artest opens this idea), underrated defender, and can certainly defend strong 3's. Matt Barnes is returning soon.

I doubt Nuggs would do that, but I agree with that... Try to move Bynum for Melo... Throw in Brown, Ebanks, what ever picks you can...
 01-31-2011, 10:10 PM         #31
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I remember a certain team going through the same struggles last year around this time..

What team was that?

Oh, yeah, the Celtics.

It's a different game come May and June.
 7 years ago '05        #32
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
They won't be able to get a good enough player to improve the team without dealing Bynum, so.... go ahead. No one is stopping you.

East winner will win the Finals regardless.
 7 years ago '09        #33
NLSP42 155 heat pts155
space
space
$7,873 | Props total: 9199 9199
 The Lefty said:
I remember a certain team going through the same struggles last year around this time..

What team was that?

Oh, yeah, the Celtics.

Homeboy we made a trade....and although Nate sucks at times....he did do good in the finals against LA
 7 years ago '04        #34
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
Really, I was just kidding with the Melo talk.. You guys can rest a.ssured that he's not going to be a Laker.

Trading away Bynum spells more trouble. Defense is already piss-poor as it is..You compound that by taking away the only shot-blocker the team has (sorry, but Pau's positional defense and ability to contest shots in the paint is disturbingly bad).

I think Artest may be gone just because they think he's dragging the team down. I hope this isn't the case, but it could be just for a short term solution and they trade for an expiring contract or something. Can't see too many teams wanting to take on Artest's long contract though.
 7 years ago '09        #35
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64 OP
space
space
$49,176 | Props total: 22638 22638
 The Lefty said:

What team was that?

Oh, yeah, the Celtics.

you do know we traded for nasty nate right?
 7 years ago '06        #36
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
I didn't see b**chboy kobe staring down Shaq after takin the L
 01-31-2011, 10:20 PM         #37
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes, Nate Robinson was the reason the Celtics turned it around.

7 years ago '05        #38
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Ron Artest is on the steady decline and his contract doesn't end until he's 35 years old. I don't see why the Nuggets, or any other team looking to rebuild for that matter would take him on at the expense of a player of Carmelo Anthony's value.

If anything, I could see some type of deal involved around Bynum/Iggy but I don't see how that makes the Lakers much better. Defensively they'd become the worst of all elite teams in basketball. They're better off staying as is. They'll come together when the games mean more.

Last edited by 2 Pistolz; 01-31-2011 at 10:23 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #39
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
It wont just be the guards moved. Odom, Bynum or even Pau could be shipped out. They may feel they dont have th inside players to challenge the Celtics in a finals matchup if they get there. But, what bigs could they get? Dalembert, Camby is about all thats out there. Unless they would take back Ben wallace and rip from detroit

They could work a deal with MJ for Jack and Kwame or keep an eye out for a deal with memphis for z bo and oj
 7 years ago '07        #40
Avon_Barksdale 4345 heat pts4345
space
space
$42,546 | Props total: 56352 56352
 philly337 said:
Oh my I smell another bulls**t trade coming...pau gasol part 2
Denver won't trade melo to the nets for multiple first rounders but well somehow agree to an artest and a draft pick for him lol
Me too...I just want to know why Stern hasn't sent CP3 or Melo to the Lakers for trash yet.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy