Jan 31 - Modern Day Detroit in Pictures

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #101
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,823 | Props total: 724 724
some of my homies stay in the D, its crazy up there
 7 years ago '05        #102
GoDzSoN35 
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 0 0
I spent a week in downtown detroit. That s**t is terrible. Abandoned buildings everywhere. Places that look like they havent been touched since the 60's and 70s. Huge sky scrapers empty. Homeless people everywhere. And i mean like 4 or 5 on each block. s**t is depressing. But s**t is dirt cheap there and you can live like a king if you already have a good job. I hope things turn around for them.
 7 years ago '07        #103
GrezyNclean 172 heat pts172
space
space
$7,858 | Props total: 660 660
 BRonin357 said:
I read the entire article and it seemed factual enough with approximate stats. Bringing race in is a mid blow, but when you think of it, what large black owned companies do you know off top that could fill the void of gm and ford!? How many black entrprenuers do you know that could re hire 100,000 people?

Few to none.........................Excatly!

To me showing those pictures represents the reality that your city can't afford to tear down buildings that look like something out of fallout 3! I can understand wanting to defend your city, but lets be real stats like those don't lie! You could be on the upswing, but is it enough to really bring your city back to former glory in the next 10 yrs? I doubt it.

As for the city council vid...........................................:smh :

I hope those kids grow up fast to take over cuz they got better sense than that chick! Plus whats up with the reporter, he was really the geek!
Dave Bing passed legislation that states all the buildings u see will be torn down by 2015 i believe.....it wasn't that we couldn't afford to do it, it was that the buildings are historical "artifacts"

Detroit is the one of the only cities that still has most of its French Architecture still in place from I think like the 18th and 19th centuries wen Europeans settled in America.....
 7 years ago '10        #104
Flex Luger 257 heat pts257
space
space
$12,279 | Props total: 36117 36117
Looks Like Sum s**t From Ghost Hunters...
 7 years ago '10        #105
space
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 1832 1832
 C19932 said:
...then why would you love it
Because its my HOMETOWN. Thats where I was born and raised. I have a lot of fond memories from my childhood through my early adult years. However that does not mean that I dont acknowledge that it has serious flaws. Lets a.ssume your mother/father or any family member for that matter made a wrong choice in life..would you stop loving them?
 7 years ago '04        #106
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
 Got Cheeve? said:
word whats yalls weed policies there? hmmm interesting
@ weed policies

you can get weed almost anywhere in any state or city...

one difference here tho now is the medical marijuana is now very abundant due to the passing of the law sayin if u got a prescription for it.. you can have it...
but even with it... they still crack down on the young folk with it....

any old person with they red white and blue card can get it.. walk around with it.. and not get questioned

Ive seen it happen cause I work as a home health aide and I take care of a few old people who all they do is smoke
 7 years ago '04        #107
Bossalinie 
space
space
$4,756 | Props total: 41 41
police aint tryna do no paperwork unless you got dope or guns out here
 7 years ago '10        #108
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,285 | Props total: 23795 23795
wow, why dont bums want to fix it up? lol
 7 years ago '08        #109
CarmeloStarks 93 heat pts93
space
space
$9,187 | Props total: 971 971
 KnicksLost said:
Damn I thought north philly was bad...but I heard Cleveland was almost on the same level as Detriot to...Now I see where DC's debt came from

[pic - click to view]

02-02-2011, 02:18 AM         #111
atl12o13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MysticKJ said:
i knew that game was real......

but if you meant Gran Torino...that's not helping your case since that movie was filled with a racist old man, gangs, and little girls getting their a.ss beat...

Haha gimme a beer Dragon Lady....everyone in that whole damn movie was racist as hell.The neighborhood was bad too,and the racist white guy was blaming another race,just like you say they are doing in the misleading report.Comment above me is right,its not helping your cause.They filmed four brothers there too.When the last time Detroit has a film not based in a horrible neighborhood with nothing but negative stuff going on?I never been there and im not saying its true,but they catching a bad vib from it.If that Conyers chick was my wife,she would be kept away from cameras for the sake of my career,chick is retarded.
 7 years ago '04        #112
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
They're trying to make sure the next season of "The Walking Dead" is shot there.
 02-02-2011, 02:31 AM         #113
atl12o13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bullseye said:

This s**t......is crazy.Damn....someone compared Detroit to other major cities,i lived in like 10 states and never seen nothing like that...Including Atlanta which i saw someone reference.Aint nowhere in actual Atlanta looking like that.Maybe metro city limit crap bc it goes out into middle of nowhere kinda.
 7 years ago '04        #114
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
I moved up here in 2002 with my wife (whose from the D). I stayed in the 7 mile/telegraph area before moving to the burbs. I still work Downtown.

It sucks that the worst of the city is all that the nation ever sees. I guess thats what gets the ratings. No one talks about the Eastern Market in the spring and summer. No one talks about the independent community farms and gardens. No one talks about (except in this thread) about the artistic work being done in the city. That s**t doesnt make for good news ratings. But really, f**k news ratings.
 02-02-2011, 08:50 AM         #115
b0p 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrezyNclean said:
Man i hate when articles do this.....ok so you took the worst of a city and focused on that....if you did that with Chicago, Memphis, Cleveland, Atlanta, Compton, hell even New York, you'd get the same type of terrible news....

Public School isn't just a problem in Detroit, it's a problem everywhere....and the sample video is missleading too. Regardless, Detroit is on the upward move and is creating jobs as we speak. I cannot believe they took photos of our worst spots in Detroit and are talking bad about us...yeah those buildings need to be Destroyed but wat about the Detroit Arts Institute, Cobo Hall, home of the International Auto Show, Detroit Riverfront, Hart Plaza? No No no...let's show us at our worst....that's some bulls**t and everyone looking at this and believing this bulls**t is stupid and naive....the Media will always depicting something as worse then what it is...

Also, I guarantee that if you looked at 50 articles talking about how bad Detroit is, you'd see the same photos....BS!!!
people just need some body to look down on so why not detroit thats BS
 02-02-2011, 09:13 AM         #116
eyerocket05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bullseye said:

Dam all of those clips are right around the corner from my old house LMAO.....
 7 years ago '09        #117
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
 GrezyNclean said:
Man i hate when articles do this.....ok so you took the worst of a city and focused on that....if you did that with Chicago, Memphis, Cleveland, Atlanta, Compton, hell even New York, you'd get the same type of terrible news....
The worst of Memphis is nowhere as bad as this...Feel bad for Motown
 7 years ago '08        #118
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 dtownboy313 said:
oh this the bash detroit thread huh....f**k any and everybody who got something to say about my city. yall show a building that has been inoperable for idk how many years....for what? any major city has the same issues we have. im tired of the pick on detroit s**t. i bet you before we all leave this earth the country will need us for something to survive just like we were needed for the car revolution. before you tear down because you never know when you might need them again..
It's the truth, Detroit is dead and it's a mid level city now. How is it a "major city" when they dropped from over a million people to like 700,000? That's called decline. What Joakim Noah said about Cleveland applies more to Detroit. Even Downtown Detroit is wack.
 7 years ago '04        #119
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
 Chief Dee said:
It's the truth, Detroit is dead and it's a mid level city now. How is it a "major city" when they dropped from over a million people to like 700,000? That's called decline. What Joakim Noah said about Cleveland applies more to Detroit. Even Downtown Detroit is wack.
n*gga you crazy as hell!!!!have you been here??? we ain't s**t compared to cleveland. thats a insult. just stay in chicago with your gangs and your f*gs my n*gga. don't wear the wrong color. i guarantee you noah a come here and lose his mind with this night life. why do you think iverson was so f**ked up when he left here. get yo facts straight before you come here in talking wreckless.......JOE!!!!!!!

Last edited by dtownboy313; 02-02-2011 at 10:52 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #120
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 dtownboy313 said:
n*gga you crazy as hell!!!!have you been here??? we ain't s**t compared to cleveland. thats a insult. just stay in chicago with your gangs and your f*gs my n*gga. don't wear the wrong color. i guarantee you noah a come here and lose his mind with this night life. why do you think iverson was so f**ked up when he left here. get yo facts straight before you come here in talking wreckless.......JOE!!!!!!!
Detroit is exactly like Cleveland, and it is a declined city. That's a fact not an opinion. You really show how little you know by saying that Chicago is just some gang city. Yeah Chicago got gangs but Chicago is also an economic powerhouse with things going for itself besides gangs, drugs, and murder. Detroit does not. Chicago is the 9th richest city in the world and is the second most important business city in America. The Chicago Loop is the second largest central business district in America behind Midtown Manhattan and is the second most important city in the financial sector of the country behind New York. The Chicago Mercentile Exchange is the largest future contract trading exchange in America. Chicago is the largest transportation hub in America.

So if you wanna characterize Chicago for being an important gang city, you need to also acknowledge our economic importance. But they dont teach economics in Detroit I guess.

Last edited by Chief Dee; 02-02-2011 at 11:31 AM..
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy