New study: Facebook Makes You Overestimate How Happy Your friends Are, In Turn, Makes You Depressed

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #101
zenndogg98 26 heat pts26
space
space
$751 | Props total: 1 1
 ra1n said:
Coincidentally, I've been thinking about this lately. And yes, facebook does make me depressed and angry. Especially seeing girls post about trivial things like their boyfriends or getting starbucks.

The superficiality of it all just makes me angry -- I feel I can't post anything that pertains to my interests (philosophy, science, my taste in music, etc.) because either no one would care or no one would understand.
thats why i made a twitter and chopped my FB.
 6 years ago '05        #102
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,260 | Props total: 6354 6354
 ra1n said:
Coincidentally, I've been thinking about this lately. And yes, facebook does make me depressed and angry. Especially seeing girls post about trivial things like their boyfriends or getting starbucks.

The superficiality of it all just makes me angry -- I feel I can't post anything that pertains to my interests (philosophy, science, my taste in music, etc.) because either no one would care or no one would understand.
this
 08-25-2011, 10:10 PM         #103
*Missy*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Facebook friends should be the same friends u have real life,so how the hell don't u know how happy your friends are or why do u need facebook to verify your friends feelings?
 6 years ago '06        #104
vinylfiend1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 346 346
 DJ Endo said:
This guy broke it down, funny as hell.
 6 years ago '11        #105
rayraysray 54 heat pts54
space
space
$1,180 | Props total: 311 311
facebook is aight lets u know who is really close and who are just friends that you met once or twice
 6 years ago '08        #106
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,648 | Props total: 1219 1219
facebook makes me at least 15k a year if not more. so i LOVE facebook

im a graphic designer and i just spend like a hour or 2 a week promoting on there and i get orders out the a.ss that way..

i take whats given to me. and use it to my advantage..instead of bi*ch and whine about it.

08-28-2011, 05:45 PM         #107
tmitch19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vinylfiend1 said:
This guy broke it down, funny as hell.
Did u watch the other videos..?
 6 years ago '07        #108
jrawmia305 
space
space
$113 | Props total: 1 1
 Gmengfx said:
facebook makes me at least 15k a year if not more. so i LOVE facebook

im a graphic designer and i just spend like a hour or 2 a week promoting on there and i get orders out the a.ss that way..

i take whats given to me. and use it to my advantage..instead of bi*ch and whine about it.

whats your facebook link, let me peep some art..
 6 years ago '07        #109
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 1084 1084
 FlamboyantOne said:
The 95% of you guys criticizing it........really.......its not that serious. Im older than most of all you dudes.....and, it is nothing more than something I click on to k!ll TIME! Who the hell gets emotional or offended by someone elses status updates/pics of them flossing.........even if its a bit fabricated or not???? I find it funny, and say plenty of off the wall sh*t too at times.....and fail to care if anyone ' likes' it......or comments on it.......its NOT THAT SERIOUS, unreal how people get emotional over trivial sh*t.......usually pertaining to other people.......
thats real sh*t..i still dont understand how people get so offended over it

especially when you post something on their status lol
 6 years ago '06        #110
24 Kalibur 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,898 | Props total: 1170 1170
i deactivated my sh*t lets see who'll notice from my true friends prolly like 2 months later " dude you delete your fb" then i gotta give em the
 09-03-2011, 12:35 AM         #111
Shakezula714  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
facebook to me is not needed but ok to have...point of having one is to keep in touch with friends and family but thats why i have their numbers so facebook is a luxury
 09-03-2011, 12:56 AM         #112
Desmond A  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Deleted mine for a year, then started a new one. 90% of the time it was me just being nosy for no reason. Clicking the x and going to "hide all posts by" is very helpful since most people will catch feelings if you dont add them and this way I only contact them when needed and keep the most productive people on my news feed, i.e. funny people, business related, music, etc. The emo and cynical folks get the x LOL. Wish twitter would do this next.
 6 years ago '09        #113
stay.tru23 
space
space
$229 | Props total: 12 12
End of the day im
 6 years ago '07        #114
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,476 | Props total: 6059 6059
well everyone takes pictures when they're on vacation or at a concert etc.... doesn't exactly mean they're living an extravagant adventurous life. nothing to get jealous over.

i'm not facebook much. i probably have a lil over 200 friends on it and i rarely put up new pictures and sh*t.

but facebook is a lifestyle for some people. like literally a place to show off and vent about sh*t in their lives etc... some people are just pathetic and lonely and really need friends.
 09-12-2011, 05:28 AM         #115
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think some of yall are taking it too seriously...if people post too much positive stuff they're phony? But I bet you also think that those people that constantly post negative stuff are losers...so where is the middle ground? Face facts, some people have good lives and some people have crappy lives. Who are we to judge for the situations that they are in?

Seeing someone upload pictures of their vacations or club outings don't bother me at all. Now if you're constantly talking about how much money you make or how many hoes you smash ish can get annoying. Also the females who complain about how thirsty n*ggas are always hitting them up when most of the times they the ones splashing water withs.lutty pics and statuses.

I also can't stand people who check in to every place they goto on there. I have my location listed as a city that I don't even live in on there and my statuses are usually just random ish for laughs. I don't get too personal I'd rather just crack jokes or discuss current events. I don't have any of my actual family members linked to my page just a bunch of random friends (you'll be amazed at how many people will accept a random family request).

My main pet peeve with facebook are people who post the illegal ish they engage in on there. I saw a n*gga post a pic of him lighting a blunt before wtf and then you got these underaged kids uploading pics of them drinking. Also people who constantly upload pictures of their children...really I don't care who your kid is or what they look like. But I'm sure some werido surfing through does and that's the problem. If I had a seed I wouldn't have one picture of them on my page.

Facebook is cool as long as you don't take it too seriously be it what you do or what you see on there. Facebook has NEVER ruined a friendship, relationship or job of mines because I'm smart with it. Meanwhile I see people's social lives get ruined on there never everday...I don't get it Also if you're worried about random people seeing what you or doing or knowing your info then beef up your privacy settings and keep your friend count small. There is NO reason for anyone to have 1000+ friends unless you are a promoter, model or artist. The average FB user has 400 friends, do you even have 400 friends in your phonebook? (Not counting when FB syncs numbers) Keep your page at 200 friends max if you're so paranoid lol

Twitter is worse to me because it just seems like one big blog for people to bi*ch about their lives or make wack jokes relating to "trending topics". Besides if I want to talk to a bunch of strangers I'll just log on here

Last edited by Krazy K; 09-12-2011 at 05:35 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #116
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Krazy K said:
I think some of yall are taking it too seriously...if people post too much positive stuff they're phony? But I bet you also think that those people that constantly post negative stuff are losers...so where is the middle ground? Face facts, some people have good lives and some people have crappy lives. Who are we to judge for the situations that they are in?

Seeing someone upload pictures of their vacations or club outings don't bother me at all. Now if you're constantly talking about how much money you make or how many hoes you smash ish can get annoying. Also the females who complain about how thirsty n*ggas are always hitting them up when most of the times they the ones splashing water withs.lutty pics and statuses.

I also can't stand people who check in to every place they goto on there. I have my location listed as a city that I don't even live in on there and my statuses are usually just random ish for laughs. I don't get too personal I'd rather just crack jokes or discuss current events. I don't have any of my actual family members linked to my page just a bunch of random friends (you'll be amazed at how many people will accept a random family request).

My main pet peeve with facebook are people who post the illegal ish they engage in on there. I saw a n*gga post a pic of him lighting a blunt before wtf and then you got these underaged kids uploading pics of them drinking. Also people who constantly upload pictures of their children...really I don't care who your kid is or what they look like. But I'm sure some werido surfing through does and that's the problem. If I had a seed I wouldn't have one picture of them on my page.

Facebook is cool as long as you don't take it too seriously be it what you do or what you see on there. Facebook has NEVER ruined a friendship, relationship or job of mines because I'm smart with it. Meanwhile I see people's social lives get ruined on there never everday...I don't get it Also if you're worried about random people seeing what you or doing or knowing your info then beef up your privacy settings and keep your friend count small. There is NO reason for anyone to have 1000+ friends unless you are a promoter, model or artist. The average FB user has 400 friends, do you even have 400 friends in your phonebook? (Not counting when FB syncs numbers) Keep your page at 200 friends max if you're so paranoid lol

Twitter is worse to me because it just seems like one big blog for people to bi*ch about their lives or make wack jokes relating to "trending topics". Besides if I want to talk to a bunch of strangers I'll just log on here
 6 years ago '04        #117
brilljt 
space
space
$547 | Props total: 49 49
read a few responses, alot of truth.. remember looking at certain peoples myspace when myspace was hot.... i felt madd depressed like a fukkin bum.. i was a student, broke as a joke... then things changed.. got to know a few people more on myspace, and jus noticed its all a fukin front, especially musicians thought damn they got mad groupies and got clubs on smash.. what aload of bullsh*t!
kids looking bummy as fuk, bi*ches got like 3 kids, no job living of the council..
imma get into FB next post !
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago