New study: Facebook Makes You Overestimate How Happy Your friends Are, In Turn, Makes You Depressed

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
14 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
83 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
 jeehtoven said:
I agree with what everyone's saying...I noticed people on Facebook can be fake and don't really show how they're truly feeling. I don't think that's what Zuckerberg wanted...

I got rid of 650 friends because I thought they were acting phony. It's like you can't have real friends on that site. It's going to be the next MySpace if people don't just be themselves and start connecting with REAL friends.

Real talk.

[pic - click to view]

So you got rid of the people you didn't actually know
 7 years ago '05        #62
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
if you are smart enough you would figure out it is set up to distract you for just that,so you can join the superficial world. As soon as they started allowing high shool and random street individuals it became so apparent and it kind of bothered me because it gave the low lives a chance to think they are actually on the same mental level as college students. That also helped me weed out the dumbasses from the real because all of a sudden i started seeing an increase in bi*ches who were actually in college typing like theyre still in the hood. like "im deadass tired" or "o.d ,cant wait for march so i can get it poppin" , like really? ever heard of evolving?. the fu*k are you going to school for?you think someone with any sense is going to take you serious whenyou carry yourselves like that?.The thought of even watching people whom never had an education writing up statutes that made no logical sense was like nails to a chalk board for me i cant stand it they should of left them for myspace.

i eliminated my account after i came back from visiting family in the dr, and over there they still have their progressive dialogue, clear wit, sence of humor in checknbecause they dont really depend on social media or technology to define them like n*ggas here are brainwashed to do,since they are smart enough to know that its just "LITTLE COMPUTER, site" its crazy how i came back and it felt like i was in a zombie world fam.Its crazy how people dont know that by putting their personal feelings on their statutes it makes them even more vulnerable for people to push youre buttons. i cant believe people have stooped to such a high level of stupidity.My mentor told me the worst you can do is to present youre self in an unsober way, especially in a party being a mess/facbook picture.

Last edited by dg177bx; 07-29-2011 at 07:00 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #63
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4759 4759
 nahsuhmeanz said:
i really hate fb, i dont even know why i still have an account
this...i don't even login anymore...
 7 years ago '06        #64
4cornerspt.2 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,411 | Props total: 8 8
I be deleting my sh*t on and off.Its alot of real talk going on in here.I didnt know it was others that felt the same way I felt about facebook.People on there bashing either other,making status updates every single day of there lives.Then you got your girlfriend or your childs mom going down your wall looking and sh*t.I had a chick I started talking too go back a whole damn year on my facebook wall asking me about a status update I posted 8 months before me and her ever started talking.Everytime a chick comment on my status or I comment on a chicks status she claim we was fu*king off.Then you got people that just put all there business there wall.A stranger kind know all about you,what you like,who your relatives are,best friends,what your kids look like,your car,your job,your lifestyle,etc just by being your friend on facebook.Because I sure have added random people I didnt know and accepted friend request from people I didnt know.Only reason I do like it is becasue of all the females are just one mouse click away.Just another way of getting some new pus*y or some old pus*y you use to fu*k years ago.But other than that is useless and stupid.People living in that sh*t now and its getting out of hand.Im gone share this sh*t on twitter and facebook,I wish the title was different though
 7 years ago '08        #65
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
i co-sign this entire thread. i deactivated mine last summer. i cant handle people reading into everything i post, like it must be about them or someone they know. or why did i add this person or that person, what is she trying to say to you, why am i friends with them. and if youre in a relationship, its just too easy for planting a seed to cheat. and the others who are fake as hell. i knew someone who constantly posted how thankful he was and thanking God and how he is blessed he was and posting scriptures. im not against any of that, but in reality, the same n*gga is fu*king another n*ggas wife and showing up at their family functions and sh*t. the same n*gga who is always trying to sleep with his friends girlfriends. yet, he posts all these warm and thankful posts trying to put off that he is some great guy. and since its facebook and you dont see the real person, hoes and distant friends soak that sh*t up. i know who my real friends are without facebook. the ones who actually care know my number and use it. so im good without that site.

ever since i got off, i worry about my own life 46483964x more and not once do i think, "i wonder what _____ is posting". its idiotic when you step back and take a look.
 7 years ago '04        #66
BeatTycoon 268 heat pts268
space
space
$4,151 | Props total: 4 4
As far as I can tell, Facebook is a rest haven for bi*ches who crave attention and the n*ggas who simp for them. These the kind of bi*ches who think that having their photo on some nightclub pictures website makes them somebody. It makes more sense to me that the people who have real sh*t going on in their lives don't have the time or desire to post updates and pictures about the sh*t.

But I do agree that FB is a great way to get in contact with people you haven't seen in awhile.
 7 years ago '09        #67
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,337 | Props total: 922 922

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #68
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,667 | Props total: 1226 1226
 420Sosa said:
 7 years ago '06        #69
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,690 | Props total: 8649 8649
I could never get into facebook when tried i just couldnt do it. i saw the sh*t for what it was life outside of reality for the most part.
 7 years ago '11        #70
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,249 | Props total: 1277 1277
 ra1n said:
Coincidentally, I've been thinking about this lately. And yes, facebook does make me depressed and angry. Especially seeing girls post about trivial things like their boyfriends or getting starbucks.

The superficiality of it all just makes me angry -- I feel I can't post anything that pertains to my interests (philosophy, science, my taste in music, etc.) because either no one would care or no one would understand.
I feel that.
I've also noticed people trolling Facebook, looking for fails or people posting sh*t all day; which gives that person a sense of superiority over them.. Like, he's more of a loser than I am *pats own shoulder* fu*kin' hate it. Nothing really ever relevant to discuss in terms of politics, spirituality, or even news. Just a bunch of trivial "look what I'm doing now, swag on brag." Yeah, I lightweight digress over bullsh*t.
 7 years ago '04        #71
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 SomeOnesoN said:
I feel that.
I've also noticed people trolling Facebook, looking for fails or people posting sh*t all day; which gives that person a sense of superiority over them.. Like, he's more of a loser than I am *pats own shoulder* fu*kin' hate it. Nothing really ever relevant to discuss in terms of politics, spirituality, or even news. Just a bunch of trivial "look what I'm doing now, swag on brag." Yeah, I lightweight digress over bullsh*t.
Exactly....People don't wanna hear about anything that is gonna inspire and motivate the next man..Its because of what you said, people look for failure so they can feel as if they are better than that person...I've always said this to my friends, family and other people: People hate success and love failure.

Its a shame that when you wanna say something positive that no one talks about it...But if you were to say some bullsh*t like "bi*ches/n*ggas ain't sh*t", "I just got back home from the store and now I'm about to make some chili", or "Why is he wearing Air Force Ones, don't he know that they went out of style" then you get all kinds of comments...

Facebook is really made for those who seek attention from other people..I mean all that sh*t, from updating your status every 5 minutes, to posting up pictures of you taking a vacation, going to clubs, etc...

And females are the worst when it comes to facebook...
 7 years ago '04        #72
SharkyLocz408 
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 58 58
 knowughetto said:
And females are the worst when it comes to facebook...
when you analyze this, you find this to be true.
 7 years ago '10        #73
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,286 | Props total: 23798 23798
i like facebook
 7 years ago '08        #74
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
I use facebook for my music, and networking. But thats about it tho. I rarely update my pics or statues cuz it pointless to me. And I rarely read other peoples statues cuz it has nothing to do with me.

But I will say this tho.......myspace >>>>>>> facebook, just cuz you have more of a privacy...
 7 years ago '07        #75
Avon_Barksdale 4344 heat pts4344
space
space
$42,483 | Props total: 56015 56015
 BeatTycoon said:
As far as I can tell, Facebook is a rest haven for bi*ches who crave attention and the n*ggas who simp for them. These the kind of bi*ches who think that having their photo on some nightclub pictures website makes them somebody. It makes more sense to me that the people who have real sh*t going on in their lives don't have the time or desire to post updates and pictures about the sh*t.

But I do agree that FB is a great way to get in contact with people you haven't seen in awhile.

Females are the worst on facebook...some of them think there to good respond to people but you want people to comment on there pics when all it does it make there head bigger, I see no difference between Facebook and Myspace when it come to females on both sites.
 07-28-2011, 06:42 PM         #76
diesel1221  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree with a lot of the things people have said above me and give props to them and yea facebook is pretty much gettin worse now. Everyone keeps puttin up like hundreds of ....pictures of themselves, statuses, posts, and keep on adding friends they dont have any "good" amount of mutual friends with and then get worried why they are gettin stalked by people who they dont even know and are sometimes OUT OF THE COUNTRY. They also keep puting up statuses that sometimes explain WHAT THEY DO EVERYDAY IN THEIR LIFE AND WHERE THEY GO.Seriously I wish facebook hadn't had so many changes. I still like it for keeping in touch with friends as well as females but I really wish it was the way it 2 years ago back in 2009.
 6 years ago '06        #77
I_Am_Hiphop134 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,923 | Props total: 156 156
 diesel1221 said:
I agree with a lot of the things people have said above me and give props to them and yea facebook is pretty much gettin worse now. Everyone keeps puttin up like hundreds of ....pictures of themselves, statuses, posts, and keep on adding friends they dont have any "good" amount of mutual friends with and then get worried why they are gettin stalked by people who they dont even know and are sometimes OUT OF THE COUNTRY. They also keep puting up statuses that sometimes explain WHAT THEY DO EVERYDAY IN THEIR LIFE AND WHERE THEY GO.Seriously I wish facebook hadn't had so many changes. I still like it for keeping in touch with friends as well as females but I really wish it was the way it 2 years ago back in 2009.

how did facebook used 2 be?

Last edited by I_Am_Hiphop134; 07-29-2011 at 02:00 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #78
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
 I_Am_Hiphop134 said:
how did facebook used 2 be?
what n*gga?
 6 years ago '06        #79
I_Am_Hiphop134 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,923 | Props total: 156 156
 dg177bx said:
what n*gga?
Can you read! , dude that I quoted said facebook was different 2 years ago and they had made changes. I jus wanted to know HOW different, an why it was better back then.
 07-29-2011, 08:48 PM         #80
jackedNtan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i never had a facebook account. i'm heteros3xual.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago