The Official College Football Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
206 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
40 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,062 | Props total: 6966 6966
 titanreese said:
Its either SC or SC.....No way he goes to Bama :)
fixed...dont put Bama in there like you have a real shot
 7 years ago '06        #42
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1036 1036
 Junior G said:
fixed...dont put Bama in there like you have a real shot
His parents are very high on Bama so atleast we got a chance....FSU isnt even in the discussion....He prolly stays in SC but we got about a 20% of landing him
 7 years ago '04        #43
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
Tom Savage can look into transfer

* Email
* Print
* Comments3

By Joe Schad
ESPN
Archive

Rutgers coach Greg Schiano said Monday evening that he has informed quarterback Tom Savage he can have contact with Florida and Miami about a possible transfer to those schools.

A Rutgers appeal committee had recently denied Savage's request to be able to transfer to those schools for "competitive reasons." But Schiano said after conversing with the highly-touted former recruit he better understands that family reasons play a part in Savage's wishes.

"He's a great kid," Schiano said of Savage, who was beaten out for the starting position by Chas Dodd last year. "He has family in Florida and he's looking for a fresh start and I understand that."

Schiano had originally denied Savage's request because Rutgers heavily recruits the state of Florida.
Don't mind him having him here... we're real weak at QB as far as depth and... s**t even as far as talent. But with the possibility of Brissett committing I dont know if he'll get a scholarship. Though Golden has said he wanted two QBs in this class..
 7 years ago '05        #44
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 titanreese said:
His parents are very high on Bama so atleast we got a chance....FSU isnt even in the discussion....He prolly stays in SC but we got about a 20% of landing him
you're not in the discussion.....
 7 years ago '04        #45
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
January 31, 2011

Rivals.com recruiting staff
NOTES: Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday | NSD coverage

When the nation's No. 2 cornerback, four-star Marcus Roberson of St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., committed to Texas Tech two weeks ago, it seemed too good to be true for the Red Raiders.

Marcus Roberson ended the suspense early by announcing Auburn.
Apparently, it was.

Roberson announced Monday that he now is committed to Auburn.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound Roberson planned on waiting until Wednesday, National Signing Day, to announce his decision, but said he didn't see any reason to wait.

"I know Auburn is where I want to go," Roberson said Monday morning. "That's the school I'm comfortable with. I've wanted to go to Auburn since the beginning.

"There is just something about Auburn that I love. There is a lot of history, a lot of tradition. I just feel Auburn is the best place for me."

Roberson chose the Tigers over offers from Florida, Texas Tech, USC, Georgia, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Miami, among others. He committed to Texas Tech two weeks ago, but reopened his recruitment before choosing the Tigers.

Roberson is Auburn's 23rd commitment in the 2011 class.

Thomas heads north

Oregon is making a major push for DeAnthony Thomas.

Five-star athlete De'Anthony Thomas made a surprise and relatively secretive trip to Eugene, Ore., last weekend. There have been reports that the Los Angeles (Calif.) Crenshaw standout is close to switching his commitment but that is premature at this time, according to sources.

There are a few things that might hold up a switch: Thomas doesn't like being too far from home and he especially doesn't like the cold weather. Also, the five-star standout is extremely close with Keyshawn Johnson, so making a switch so quickly could be difficult to do.

Victor Blackwell, a fellow USC commit, said he doesn't believe Thomas would make the switch. The two talked about Thomas' visit to Oregon, about the facilities and all the Nike influence there, but still Blackwell feels Thomas is sticking with USC.

There had also been rumors that Thomas was trying to lure five-star wide receiver George Farmer from USC and to Oregon with him, but that chatter was quickly squashed Sunday night when a source close to Farmer said there is absolutely no way Farmer would do that. The source said Farmer, rated as the third-best player in the 2011 class, is definitely sticking with USC.

More recruiting notes

Puka Lopa visited California last weekend and the Golden Bears have to be considered one of his favorites. But the Sacramento (Calif.) Grant defensive end said he's holding off on making an announcement until National Signing Day. The thinking is that since Lopa and Grant teammate Viliami Moala, a Cal pledge, are close friends, they're going to go to the same college. Lopa said that's not necessarily the case. Cal is high on his list but he's also strongly considering Oregon State and UCLA.

It's down to three for Timmy Jernigan.
Lake City (Fla.) Columbia defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan took his final official visit to Tennessee last weekend. After the visit, the four-star is ready to make his final decision on Wednesday and has three schools standing out.

"Florida State, LSU and Tennessee. You know, those three I'm really looking at the hardest," Jernigan told Volquest.com. "I'm just going to lay down the pros and cons of all three and just pray on it man, that's all I can do. Because I really feel like there isn't such a thing as a bad choice, and I feel like it's just finding the best choice." After several weeks of worrying whether or not star quarterback Kevin Sousa would be swayed by other suitors, Wake Forest fans can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Deacons Illustrated spoke with Sousa about his intentions to sign with Wake on Wednesday.

Over the past few weeks, Miami and USF have been trying to pry the three-star quarterback from the Deacs. After an official visit this weekend to USF, Sousa decided that he had seen enough and was ready to make his final decision.

Lauderdale Lakes (Fla.) linebacker Kent Turene officially visited Texas Tech this weekend, ending a three-week stretch of visits and six-month commitment to USC.

Sunday morning, Turene announced he was decommitting from USC and officially re-opening his recruitment.

"I texted the USC coaches to let them know I was decommitted, but I haven't heard from them yet," Turene told USCFootball.com on Sunday afternoon. "I was on the plane coming home."
I think FSU ends up with Jernigan at the end of the day.... no shot at Clowney though.
 01-31-2011, 05:34 PM         #46
feardafoot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 titanreese said:
We should be able to pull in cyrus but imagine our class if we get Clowney too :wow:
Believe it or not we might get Clowney. I wish.... Davis is doing well again though
 7 years ago '09        #47
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
Crowell, Pagan, Turene all DAWGS

possiblily richardson
 7 years ago '09        #48
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said:
you're not in the discussion.....
yeah they are but clowney will stay in state
 7 years ago '04        #49
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
 CutKidd21 said:
Crowell, Pagan, Turene all DAWGS

possiblily richardson

you n*ggas cleaned up this year............ got the all-star team
 7 years ago '09        #50
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,414 | Props total: 12357 12357
 ThaReapa420 said:
Give the n*gga a fair chance bruh. Weis couldn't recruit a brown paper bag to ND cuz he didn't respect the tradition of ND and was tryna recruit based off some rings that noone attributes to his offensive expertise. Kelz is doin his thing on the recruiting trail and he took that below average cupboard Weis left him to a decent bowl AND a win there...you'll be eating these words 2 seasons from now callin him Brian Holtz and s**t.
Nah, I wont be saying that. Weis recruited all the players that played on this years team, what are you talking about? Notre Dame actually lost recruits when Weis was let go. I'm not saying he is or isnt better than Weis. I'm saying he isnt that good and will run into the same problems The last 3 coaches did. But, I think his firing will be justified unlike the last 3.

Once again, this isnt about just this season. All the previous three coaches had great seasons when they started then what happened. This dude is a clown and wont last from the pressure alone. Plus, the problems are a little higher than the coach anyways.

Again, I say he sucks. Let's see how good he is at getting players for the spread offense that meet the academic requirements at Notre Dame. Aint no Mardy Gilyards getting in there pal
 7 years ago '09        #51
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
you n*ggas cleaned up this year............ got the all-star team
yup bout to have a better class than the defending national champs after a 6-7 season

hands down the best class in the history of the school (on paper). 1979 was the best for obvious reasons
 7 years ago '05        #52
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
aint no think....Jernigan been a lock for us
 7 years ago '05        #53
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
All we do is win.
 7 years ago '06        #54
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14767 14767
Wonder how Auburn all of a sudden got good recruits?

[pic - click to view]

^^ Dakota Mosley (from last year), just so happens he's Michael Dyer's best friend

and there's that Petterson and Robberson or w/e is name was kid that was flashing wads of cash after his trip to AU and even admitted on Facebook "got me a new Iphone on my trip to Auburn"
 7 years ago '09        #55
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 Birdman's Back said:

[pic - click to view]

^^ Dakota Mosley (from last year), just so happens he's Michael Dyer's best friend

and there's that Petterson and Robberson or w/e is name was kid that was flashing wads of cash after his trip to AU and even admitted on Facebook "got me a new Iphone on my trip to Auburn"
They have evidence EVERYWHERE but at this point I feel like these motherf**kers are untouchable

I know all yall in Alabama heard about the "club promotion" that had all those recruits in Auburn that the athletic department had nothing to do with
 7 years ago '06        #56
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14767 14767
u mean the one with the "reality star" hosting it?

they aint even trying to hide it now which makes it so funny. the similarities to the SMU deal are definitely there.
 7 years ago '07        #57
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 Birdman's Back said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #58
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,675 | Props total: 16947 16947
 CutKidd21 said:
They have evidence EVERYWHERE but at this point I feel like these motherf**kers are untouchable

I know all yall in Alabama heard about the "club promotion" that had all those recruits in Auburn that the athletic department had nothing to do with
DAMN my n*gga! How is the NCAA still letting Auburn keep SMU-ing it up?
 7 years ago '04        #59
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts OP
space
space
 Birdman's Back said:

[pic - click to view]

wow...........

this goes perfect along with Lemonier's corvette after his commitment, the status on facebook by robberson, cecil newton's "negotiations"........ its ridiculous....

I feel like nothing is gonna happen to auburn until Alabama/UGA or LSU start snitching. When auburn starts clearing recruits from those schools then thats when it might happen..
 7 years ago '09        #60
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
wow...........

this goes perfect along with Lemonier's corvette after his commitment, the status on facebook by robberson, cecil newton's "negotiations"........ its ridiculous....

I feel like nothing is gonna happen to auburn until Alabama/UGA or LSU start snitching. When auburn starts clearing recruits from those schools then thats when it might happen..
The thing is, even with the money, gifts and now a national championship.. Auburn still can't pull recruits from any of those schools

The only thing I can think of is the NCAA is piling up everything they are doing and will SMU f**k them but at this point I really think they feel untouchable and we're starting to believe they are.. cuz they don't really hide s**t
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago