My P90X progress

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #21
Gotti211 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,721 | Props total: 6 6
 Cap Peeler said:
P90x is crazy, I did that s**t for 2 months just to try it out and it definitely works. I'll be restarting it again once I get done with this lift cycle I have going on.

just a lil tip for those wanting to be on a diet but can't afford it, my advice is to buy a whole chicken, for us in the US, buying a rottissiere(sp?) chicken is only 4.99 at walmart, costco, publix or kroger. This way, you dont have to worry about even cooking it. It's really cheap... I go through 2 chickens/week and is light on the budget.
I looked at the nutrtion value and saw the rotisseirie chicken from walmart only has like 160 cals per serving but the calories from fat is kinda high...I'm no nutrition buff just wondering whats the difference in eating something thats low in calories and has low calories from fat and then eating something that is low in calories but has high calories from fat?
 7 years ago '06        #22
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 0 0
 Gotti211 said:
I looked at the nutrtion value and saw the rotisseirie chicken from walmart only has like 160 cals per serving but the calories from fat is kinda high...I'm no nutrition buff just wondering whats the difference in eating something thats low in calories and has low calories from fat and then eating something that is low in calories but has high calories from fat?
You do need some fat in your diet. Not a lot - obviously - but there's no need to cut it out completely. If this fat was most - if not all - the fat you had in a day, I wouldn't worry about it.
 7 years ago '06        #23
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
By the way, day 12. I'm seeing a few gains, but not many. But that's to be expected - I'm not even two weeks in. Also, I'm lifting slightly heavier, and doing more pull-ups and push-ups. This workout does work, you've just gotta stick with it for 90 days. Not 12.
 02-04-2011, 11:35 PM         #24
neezy523 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JeeQ said:
I think your goal is definitely achievable, as long as you stick to the diet and lift heavy with your exercises. You're going to need to up your caloric and protein intake and supplement that with a lot of complex carbs. As long as your highly dedicated I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to put on 10-15lbs with this program.

The best advice I can give is to find a set of meals you love and don't mind eating every day. For me it's Chicken and Brown Rice. I eat that combination at least once a day, sometimes twice. I spice it up with condiments like Taco Sauce and Salsa which are both 0 calories. Soy sauce and BBQ sauce are also good choices. I'd also say a good multi-vitamin is mandatory, your body will thank you for it. Protein powder is also great to have, especially after a workout, or those times when you need protein and don't have time to make a meal. The last supplement I use is creatine, I mix it in with my after workout protein shake. That's about all I can think of at the moment, good luck with the program and any more questions, just ask.

@Rebel..Hey man good looks on the advice and tips. I'll let you know how my progres goes and hit ya up if I have any questions. I'm not real savvy when it comes to the vitamin supplement part. Are there any particular vitamins you would recommend that I start taking to get started and I can get them over the counter at any nutrient store?
 7 years ago '07        #25
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,791 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Gotti211 said:
There's good fat and bad fat it depends on which one you're eating. You can't cut out fat completely if you go on a diet either. I love P90x, you get crazy results.
 7 years ago '06        #26
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
Day 13:

Right, hear me out. I mean it.
Kenpo-X is one of the best, and funnest cardio workouts I've ever done. Cardio-X probably burns more calories (I tried that one out a couple years back), but with Kenpo it's all about continuous movement, and f!ghting moves (essentially). Like I said, you'll probably burn more calories off of Cardio-X, but this is a great workout to end the week cycle. Definitely something to looking forward to.
I'm out all day tomorrow (church etc.) so I'm not going to be able to do 'Stretch-X', but the guide says that's voluntary - you can rest if you wish. I'll probably take that option.

Seriously though, if you haven't tried P90X yet, get on it. You won't regret it.
And for the first few weeks it's not all about your gains - it's about being refreshed every day having done a monumental workout. I've seen a few gains - not many - but like I said in a previous post, I'm hitting more pull-ups, more pushups, more reps when I left, and I'm quicker on my feet (because of Plyo).
 7 years ago '06        #27
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
Day 15.

Had a bit of a nightmare during the Chest & Back workout. Felt as if my left pec was going to rip or something mid-way through. I was hitting the pull-ups and push-ups hard, rep count is getting better each week. I dunno what happened though so I just stopped. I'd rather half-finish a workout and get back on it tomorrow (Plyo) than be out for a couple weeks with some lame-ass injury.
 7 years ago '04        #28
LikeABoss38701 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,416 | Props total: 1572 1572
I'm in my second week of the workout & I'm already seeing nice results. I'm also taking Oxy Elite Pro... It's a supplement from GNC that burns fat & gives a boost to the metabolism... I enjoy it... As for my eating habits, I'm a busy guy, so I mostly eat a subway(5 dollar foot long) & things such as jello for snacks... I also bought a gang of healthy microwaveable dinners from wal mart...
Good luck to all of you people

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #29
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
 LikeABoss38701 said:
I'm in my second week of the workout & I'm already seeing nice results. I'm also taking Oxy Elite Pro... It's a supplement from GNC that burns fat & gives a boost to the metabolism... I enjoy it... As for my eating habits, I'm a busy guy, so I mostly eat a subway(5 dollar foot long) & things such as jello for snacks... I also bought a gang of healthy microwaveable dinners from wal mart...
Good luck to all of you people

[pic - click to view]

When do you take those pills man? In terms of pre-/post-workout?
 7 years ago '04        #30
LikeABoss38701 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,416 | Props total: 1572 1572
 CuZzA said:
When do you take those pills man? In terms of pre-/post-workout?

I take them 15-30mins before I eat lunch/dinner, wait an hour... then get on my p90x grind.... take a bath then call it a night... I really hate to eat after I work out... I feel that its good to end your night with a good workout because your body will continue to burn the fat as you slp(a note I've heard b4) compared to eating before you slp, which would just add fat as you slp...

The lady at GNC also recommended that I also take a Dietary supplement that supports energy and metabolism... So every other day I take both Oxy elite pro & Mega men sport dietary supplement...I researched both...& they're both healthy & have good reviews from many fitness websites...

[pic - click to view]

So to some it up... I take Oxy elite pro to boost metabolism & I take Mega men sport to support the metabolism & give extra engery...

eat right...

Last edited by LikeABoss38701; 02-11-2011 at 12:35 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #31
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
Alright guys. I completed Phase 1 on Sunday (the first 30 days), and the numbers I have been putting up are impressive. Unfortunately, I only stuck to the diet about 60%/40% so visually, there haven't been great gains. However, like I said, my numbers have increased, and so has my form.

Anyway, Phase 1 is in the past, and I have 60 more days to transform my body (visually, obviously). Now onto Phase 2.

In terms of diet, I've completely changed it. I eat at 8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm, workout at 7pm (finish about 8.30/9ish ) and have a protein shake. I then don't eat until the next morning.
I'm currently intaking about 2300 calories now, which is the recommended intake for Phase 2 for my age/weight etc.

Unfortunately, I was ill at the beginning of this week, so I haven't been able to do week 5 'in all it's glory'. I've only been able to do three of the five workouts over the last five days, so I'm thinking of doing whatever I can this week, then next week, just restart Week 5. Everybody gets ill, and it's only an extra week to add on so I'm cool with that.

Anyway yeah, if anyone's thinking of doing P90X - do it. I encourage you to try it. It does work. Sure, I mucked up on the diet for the first month, but the numbers have increased drastically since Day 1. So that's a real encouragement (and is what made me completely rethink my diet!)

Did Back & Biceps today. That workout isn't even funny. In the past I'd have just quit halfway through and called it a day. But I just carried on. Sometimes it is easy to let your ego get in the way of your lifts, and you don't want to drop from say 15kg to 10kg - but you have to because the workouts are so intense. The last exercise I ended up curling 4 sets of 8 reps at 6kg twice (13lbs) and 5kg twice (11lbs). I can normally lift 1 set of 8 reps at 13.5kg (29.7lbs).

Anyway yeah, there's my update.
 7 years ago '10        #32
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,929 | Props total: 56 56
@CUZZA...what all did you need for this? far as lifting goes...do you need dumbells and stuff like that or just a pullup bar?
 7 years ago '06        #33
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
 UcantCme said:
@CUZZA...what all did you need for this? far as lifting goes...do you need dumbells and stuff like that or just a pullup bar?
Yoga blocks (not essential, but useful)
Yoga mat
A good range of dumbbells
Pull-up/Push-up bars
A Sturdy chair
 7 years ago '11        #34
corkstr04 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
been working out hard for a month now been takin no-shotgun before and 100% whey protein afterwards. i can always finish that last rep with no-shotgun and the protein helps with recovery. guys should try it out
 7 years ago '07        #35
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1384 1384
 CuZzA said:
Yoga blocks (not essential, but useful)
Yoga mat
A good range of dumbbells
Pull-up/Push-up bars
A Sturdy chair

Can you use resistance band instead of DB?
 7 years ago '06        #36
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
Can you use resistance band instead of DB?
Yeah, definitely. There's always a guy in the video using bands instead of dumbbells.
 03-07-2011, 12:32 PM         #37
MrHonor323 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great progress to hear, but what are some inexpensive options for the diet part? I'm on week 4 and took two days off before yesterday (which was Core Synergistics, and I'm thinking about restarting this week) and I've achieved noticeable results, not great or anything, but I can do much more reps without taking breaks now. Eating clean is kinda expensive without a job
 7 years ago '07        #38
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1384 1384
 MrHonor323 said:
Great progress to hear, but what are some inexpensive options for the diet part? I'm on week 4 and took two days off before yesterday (which was Core Synergistics, and I'm thinking about restarting this week) and I've achieved noticeable results, not great or anything, but I can do much more reps without taking breaks now. Eating clean is kinda expensive without a job
Get bonesless chicken brea$t then, and vegetables. chicken is fairly cheap.
 7 years ago '08        #39
big leo 415 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,474 | Props total: 9 9
wheres the link fam!?
 03-10-2011, 11:08 PM         #40
savmikey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
keep up the good work
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy