Jan 24 - Taco Bell being sued for false advertisement

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
157 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
92 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
10176 pageviews
133 comments

MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,421 | Props total: 4757 4757
Jan 24 - Taco Bell being sued for false advertisement

Source:
[pic - click to view]

Alabama law firm to Taco Bell: That's not beef - Business - Consumer news - Food Inc. - msnbc.com

[pic - click to view]

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.

The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.

The class-action lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in the Central District of California by the Montgomery law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles.

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.

Miles said the lawsuit does not seek monetary damages, but asks the court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising.

"We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef," Miles said.

"Taco Bell prides itself on serving high quality Mexican inspired food with great value. We're happy that the millions of customers we serve every week agree," Poetsch said. He said the company would "vigorously defend the suit."
i tried to cut and paste the article, but it doesn't have a format...

apparently, Taco Bell is being sued for calling their beef, beef...the meat mixture is less than 35% beef which they say is less than what is allowed for beef to be called beef for that industry...

133 comments for "Jan 24 - Taco Bell being sued for false advertisement"

7 years ago '05        #2
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
thats why I never f**ked with taco hell .... the "meat" they give us is piled up on a dirty a.ss floor then bagged
 7 years ago '10        #3
tallulahmademe 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,939 | Props total: 9211 9211
DAMN IM EATIN A HARD SHELL TACO NOW. WHO CARES DIS b**ch ROLLIN
 7 years ago '07        #4
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,392 | Props total: 21513 21513
oh my damn!
 7 years ago '05        #5
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 2751 2751
well duh. it gives u the bubbleguts an hour later.
 7 years ago '06        #6
Snowboarder130 
space
space
$201 | Props total: 0 0
its only 35%??? what the hell
 01-24-2011, 11:58 PM         #7
K PeeZy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
y is there a truck threw the window?? lol
 7 years ago '05        #8
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
 tallulahmademe said:
DAMN IM EATIN A HARD SHELL TACO NOW. WHO CARES DIS b**ch ROLLIN
so will the ambulance that comes to get u if u keep eatin that s**t
 01-25-2011, 12:05 AM         #9
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K PeeZy said:
when i saw the thread title and that pic i was like please dont say someone's claiming false advertising for that "drive-thru" sign in the window....like they could drive their damn car through the building.

then read the article and... :jay: at that "beef"
 7 years ago '05        #10
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
 K PeeZy said:
when i googled taco bell, i thought that was the best pic
 7 years ago '05        #11
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
i took this comment from that link:

"They should go after McD's and others. The burger wrappers have more taste than the burgers. It's like you are paying for cardboard! That's why they have so much crap like sauces on it to make people think they are eating and to give it some form of taste. My dog won't eat the burger."

people eat the McDonald's wrappers? i know the 'cheese' gets stuck sometimes...
 7 years ago '07        #12
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
MONTGOMERY, Ala. — An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.

The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.

The class-action lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in the Central District of California by the Montgomery law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles.

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.

Miles said the lawsuit does not seek monetary damages, but asks the court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising.

"We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef," Miles said.
Story: Nutrition info coming to fronts of food packages

Irvine, Calif.-based Taco Bell spokesman Rob Poetsch (PAYCH) said the company denies that its advertising is misleading.

"Taco Bell prides itself on serving high quality Mexican inspired food with great value. We're happy that the millions of customers we serve every week agree," Poetsch said. He said the company would "vigorously defend the suit."

The lawsuit says that Taco Bell's "seasoned beef" contains other ingredients, including water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch.
Me an my dad own a Sandwich shop in Seattle an it cracks me up when people say to me "why is your burgers so much more expensive than McD's?"

Think Im gonna print this article out an leave it out as reading material........s**t is cheaper when most of the Burger is Oatmeal an fillers
 7 years ago '06        #13
revolution03 
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1 1
 illmatix said:
when i saw the thread title and that pic i was like please dont say someone's claiming false advertising for that "drive-thru" sign in the window....like they could drive their damn car through the building.

then read the article and... :jay: at that "beef"
^THIS
 7 years ago '10        #14
spazzg 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 13 13
Tacobell go hard f**k u homos3xual salad a.ss n*ggas
 7 years ago '05        #15
BO$$ Playa 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,461 | Props total: 3 3
never f**ked with taco bell's meat. if i go there i tell em to make me some bean tacos. yessir :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '07        #16
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,784 | Props total: 2400 2400
welp, now taco bell's ruined for me. thanks i guess?
 7 years ago '05        #17
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,099 | Props total: 4231 4231
so wtf is that other s**t
 7 years ago '08        #18
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,730 | Props total: 11627 11627
Taco Bell = the dirtiest fast food restaurant there is. You know they be using dog meat and s**t
 01-25-2011, 12:43 AM         #19
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so happy to read this. reason #1 why i don't f**k with fast food anymore.
 01-25-2011, 12:46 AM         #20
BrewCityMobsta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I never was a big taco bell fan personally...but when I did go there I tried to eat the steak and chicken selections...and then last year I read a featured yahoo article about various food products that contained various ingredients that the average consumer doesnt think about while eating the food...after reading that the steak, chicken, AND "beef" products all were made with SILICA - which is ultimately a chemical compound for dirt/sand -- I stopped effin with it altogether...I slipped up and got an XXL chicken chalupa one time last year...but I am not a regular customer anymore---

(Same with doritos--the article said there are about 40 or 50 chemical ingredients that are used to make doritios that are not inherent (or natural) to making a cheese flavored corn chip-- dont eff with those anymore either....) Overall, we need to be concious of what we are consuming...because our food system is doing more harm than good...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy