NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
17 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
62 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
6886 pageviews
82 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Deron Williams: My contract's up in two years. It's a now or never situation

What's Deron Williams thinking these days?

I hate to do this to my friends in the 801, but there's no point in sugarcoating it. When this Carmelo business is done, you're on the clock, Utah.

Deron Williams ain't especially happy, and as every NBA fan should know by now, an unhappy star makes for a vulnerable team in the Age of LeBron.

"It should be happening by now," Williams said last week. "We've just got to figure it out. We can't just come out and expect teams to give us games."

The "it" in Williams' mind is the maddening inconsistency of the Jazz
, culminating in Utah's 0-fer road trip, including bad losses at Video Washington and Video New Jersey. You can usually set your watch by Utah's defense and its offensive efficiency under Jerry Sloan, but this season the Jazz has been all over the place, falling behind by double digits a dozen times in the first two months of the season.

That Utah came back to win most of those games made a great story, and as late as last Monday the Jazz were tied for first in the Northwest. (They're 1 1/2 games behind the Thunder for the division lead now). But Utah hasn't been the defensive stopper of years past (the Jazz are 17th in points allowed) and they don't bludgeon opponents on the glass (24th in rebound differential, getting outboarded by 2.16 rebounds per game). Nor has Utah been next to unbeatable at Energy Solutions Arena (they're 15-7 there this season after going 32-9 at home last season).

"We've had some games where we've had some miracles happen and we came back and won them," Williams said. "We can't rely on that game after game. We have to find some consistency. We have to find a way to be tougher mentally and get out and put teams away early. We can't let teams build confidence on us early and get their confidence going, because any team in the league can beat you when they do that ...we've struggled on defense at times; we've struggled offensively at times; we've played great offensively at times, we've played defensively at times."

But Williams is also disappointed at the parade of talent out of Salt Lake City.

He made no secret of his displeasure last year when the Jazz traded Ronnie Brewer to the Grizzlies for a first-round pick, and he lamented the imminent departure of Carlos Boozer to free agency. And when Kyle Korver followed Boozer to Chicago, and the Jazz didn't match Portland's offer sheet for undrafted rookie Wes Matthews, Williams wasn't the only one worried that Utah's talent drain couldn't be overcome.

Utah's great general manager, Kevin O'Connor, salvaged the situation as well as could be expected, trading for power forward Al Jefferson and signing free agent guards Raja Bell and Earl Watson. But is Utah better, or running in place in the ultra-competitive West?

Williams was happy with the moves.

"I was excited, 'cause it got a little scary there," Williams said. "We lost Wes, we lost Kyle, we lost Booze, and it was like, 'What are we going to do?' And we bounced back and we added some good guys. We added Al, we added Earl, we picked up Gordon (Hayward) and Jeremy (Evans) in the Draft, and they've been two bright additions to the team. And I was pleased. We got Raj."

But is Utah as good defensively as it used to be? And does this team have the luxury of working all those new players in?

"Not really," Williams said. "My contract's up in two years. It's a now or never situation. I don't know what I'm going to do after this one."

Gulp.

Williams has not said what he will do in the summer of 2012, only that he won't have a half-hour program to announce his intentions. But he paid attention to what happened last offseason, when James, Chris Bosh and Wade teamed up and went to Miami as a package deal.

"Of course," Williams said. "You've got to. It's a different state. Guys are doing different things now. They're trying to change that with the CBA, that's for sure."

That may be Utah's biggest edge going forward. Regardless of what changes are made to the next collective bargaining agreement, it's almost a certainty that a new deal will still allow the incumbent team to pay more than other teams. It's been a hallmark of the Commish's desire to make sure that smaller markets have a chance to field competitive teams. And Williams will give the Jazz every chance to improve the roster further between now and '12.

But the clock is ticking, as of right now.

"It's not surprising on the road," Williams said. "We've had that problem before on the road. Our record is a lot better this year. But it's surprising at home. We still haven't figured out what's going on. We're at the halfway point now. It should have happened weeks ago, months ago. But it is what it is."

[pic - click to view]

Celtics' starters can't wait for Perkins to return to lineup | NBA.com

[pic - click to view]

this clearly means he's coming to the pistons

82 comments for "Deron Williams: My contract's up in two years. It's a now or never situation"

7 years ago '09        #2
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
my favorite pg in the game, I hope he comes to LA
 7 years ago '07        #3
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,268 | Props total: 15126 15126
 Spiffy said:
ditto on both parts

him and Pau
 7 years ago '10        #4
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19636 19636
Is it me or did LeBron shake up a beehive?
 7 years ago '06        #5
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Deron has been playing like an upset little b**ch, I like the n*gga but thats just truth
 7 years ago '05        #6
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
 Hovi Bryant said:
Is it me or did LeBron do s**t exactly how it should be done? He didn't say a damn word while he was still getting paid by his employers, then made a decision to go somewhere else when he had the opportunity to do whatever he wanted. Now all these b**ch-ass players wanna cry about how bad their teams are when they've got one or two years left playing for them. LeBron made the most of his bad situation then left when he decided it wasn't good enough.
 7 years ago '05        #7
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12569 12569
 Hovi Bryant said:
He pretty much did, he gave players around the league the balls enough to come out and stand up to management and not be afraid to leave their teams via free agency..
 7 years ago '08        #8
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,819 | Props total: 3450 3450
 alkoholyck said:
Is it me or did LeBron do s**t exactly how it should be done? He didn't say a damn word while he was still getting paid by his employers, then made a decision to go somewhere else when he had the opportunity to do whatever he wanted. Now all these b**ch-ass players wanna cry about how bad their teams are when they've got one or two years left playing for them. LeBron made the most of his bad situation then left when he decided it wasn't good enough.
Lebron faked an elbow injury then quit in game 5 against the Celtics. Get off his nuts.
 7 years ago '06        #9
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Sticks said:
He gave good reasoning

Players he liked playing with aren't on the team anymore. Deron should be on a championship caliber squad. Not sure where he would go though :hmm:
Yeah they lost some players, it happens. They couldnt retain Boozer but went out and got Al Jefferson.... its not like theyre some bottom feeder, playoffs start today and theyd be in it.

No reason to dog it on the court, Deron clearly has.
 7 years ago '04        #10
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 eLLz said:
Yeah they lost some players, it happens. They couldnt retain Boozer but went out and got Al Jefferson.... its not like theyre some bottom feeder, playoffs start today and theyd be in it.

No reason to dog it on the court, Deron clearly has.
he seems like the type to do that
 7 years ago '08        #11
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,775 | Props total: 12277 12277
 alkoholyck said:
He aint say a word cuz he planned to quit on his team all along.

back-2-back 60 win MVP seasons is bad

n*gga Lebron started this--and you can thank him for how f**ked up the NBA is gonna be for 26 of 30 teams the next 10 years.
 7 years ago '10        #12
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 Spiffy said:
:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '08        #13
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
deron williams has been talking like this since before "the decision"

Speaking with reporters the day after the Jazz sent Brewer to Memphis for a protected first-round draft pick, Williams expressed frustration with the trade and hinted that he was ready to leave as well: "That's why I signed a three-year deal."

Read more:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #14
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
Why can't guys just stay on their teams? s**t like this will k!ll the NBA in 5 years... 25 teams will be s**t, 5 teams will be stacked with all-stars... man f**k this...
 7 years ago '06        #15
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Russ369 said:
Why can't guys just stay on their teams? s**t like this will k!ll the NBA in 5 years... 25 teams will be s**t, 5 teams will be stacked with all-stars... man f**k this...
Hard cap would solve that. League would have A LOT more parity with it but players will never agree.
 7 years ago '04        #16
thisisgame 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 41 41
come to the MAVS! Jkidd should be gone in 2 years so youll f!ght right in.
 7 years ago '06        #17
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
 alkoholyck said:
Well as much as I might agree with you, there is one thing you didn't hit on - the owners. See, the owners...well once the immates decided to try and take control of the a.ssylum it only started a fire. The lockout wont be because the player want more, it will because the owners will attempt to retake control. If the players want to do their own thing they will have their chance...overseas.

You have the right to make your own choices, but to every action there will be a reaction.
 01-24-2011, 03:34 PM         #18
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
small market teams are in deep s**t.
 01-24-2011, 03:36 PM         #19
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thisisgame said:
come to the MAVS! Jkidd should be gone in 2 years so youll f!ght right in.
How good is dirk goin be by then the fact that dirk is still a top player at this age is amazing but in two more years what is he goin be?
 7 years ago '04        #20
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
 big blak afrika said:
How good is dirk goin be by then the fact that dirk is still a top player at this age is amazing but in two more years what is he goin be?
Athleticism can dwindle away, but a jump shot is forever...
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy