All Thing's Root!!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
66 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
110 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #41
SmokinPiff  OP
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 illogik said:
I have ClockworkMod Recovery. Does that count orrr?
then download rom manager from the market and that way you can use that app to download roms and easily (more so) install roms that you have on your sd card.
 7 years ago '04        #42
diplomat 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 16 16
if i root my phone, will everything get deleted?
 7 years ago '05        #43
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 diplomat said:
if i root my phone, will everything get deleted?
No, in Laymens terms its logging into your phone as a Superuser/Admin instead of a end user
 7 years ago '04        #44
biggz 30 heat pts30
space
space
$6,977 | Props total: 6588 6588
I rooted my phone and have clockwork mod and my battery life still sucks......can someone link me to a good kernel so I can have better battery life?
 7 years ago '05        #45
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
Hopefully somebody can explain what went wrong here.

Last night I rooted my thunderbolt with no problem, installed a bunch of apps and was ready to flash a rom. So I went through the steps of using titanium backup and then creating a backup of the current room through rom manager. I made sure I had the 2 boxes checked before flashing the rom also. So after clockwork started on reboot and did it's thing the phone rebooted but I had no apps as expecte. The problem was I didn't even have the market app to go and download titanium backup/app brain to get all my apps back.

So in my panic I ended up rooting again and everything has been fine since but I'm scared of trying to flash a rom again and have to do everything all over.
 7 years ago '08        #46
mabstar 
space
space
$151 | Props total: 1 1
 Stupendamatic said:

Last night I rooted my thunderbolt with no problem, installed a bunch of apps and was ready to flash a rom. So I went through the steps of using titanium backup and then creating a backup of the current room through rom manager. I made sure I had the 2 boxes checked before flashing the rom also. So after clockwork started on reboot and did it's thing the phone rebooted but I had no apps as expecte. The problem was I didn't even have the market app to go and download titanium backup/app brain to get all my apps back.

So in my panic I ended up rooting again and everything has been fine since but I'm scared of trying to flash a rom again and have to do everything all over.
sounds like you didnt install the google apps for that ROM build.
 7 years ago '07        #47
Itzike 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 407 407
 Stupendamatic said:

if ur using a AOSP gingerbread based rom here get the latest GAPPS

@Mabstar whos the broad in ya avi
 7 years ago '08        #48
fly_society_05 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,293 | Props total: 26 26
how do i root my Droid 1 ????
 7 years ago '09        #49
hurw0 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$356 | Props total: 2 2
Will rooting void the warrantee?
 7 years ago '07        #50
SmokinPiff  OP
space
space
 fly_society_05 said:
how do i root my Droid 1 ????
theres a link at the top of this page to where you can learn how to root it.

hurw0 said:
Will rooting void the warrantee?
yes
 7 years ago '05        #51
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Itzike said:
if ur using a AOSP gingerbread based rom here get the latest GAPPS

@Mabstar whos the broad in ya avi
this, for legal reason they cant put and GAPP's in the rom, so you have to flash them after, you also dont need to check those 2 boxes when flashing this zip in rom manager...
 7 years ago '05        #52
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
that doesn't work for Droid 1
xda-developers, they have in depth walk-throughs for every phone
 7 years ago '07        #53
SmokinPiff  OP
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
I went to them first...sh*t doesn't work

maybe it's because I'm on 2.3 on Droid 1 but their jb software for the phone is outdated

first off you know what your post just told me? that you went to xda-developers and didn't look, you skimmed through that motherfu*ker... try again and don't be lazy cuz the sh*t is on there. how the fu*k everybody and their mama has found out how to root their og droids on there (even after software updates) but you can't?

second off keep that iphone lingo out of my motherfu*king ANDROID ROOTING thread

fu*k is wrong with you

third off...
 6 years ago '08        #54
Chicken_N_I-Roc 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,864 | Props total: 3453 3453
So i recently got a the htc thunderbolt about 2 weeks ago. Now i want to root it, just cus. lol I'm pretty good with tech stuff....so i shouldn't have too much problems with that. Can anyone point me into the right direction for rooting this model? I don't think it would be the same thing for the htc evo on sprint. Verizon like to lock their phones pretty tight, i highly doubt their methods for that model will get this phone rooted.
 6 years ago '07        #55
SmokinPiff  OP
space
space
 Chicken_N_I-Roc said:
So i recently got a the htc thunderbolt about 2 weeks ago. Now i want to root it, just cus. lol I'm pretty good with tech stuff....so i shouldn't have too much problems with that. Can anyone point me into the right direction for rooting this model? I don't think it would be the same thing for the htc evo on sprint. Verizon like to lock their phones pretty tight, i highly doubt their methods for that model will get this phone rooted.

go there, check the root thread... also check to see if your phone is on the right software.
you should be good to go if you follow all the instructions.
 6 years ago '04        #56
fame614 220 heat pts220
space
space
$5,716 | Props total: 356 356
i been searching for a few days on how to root my inspire i found some ways but which one is the best way to root the inspire in your opinion
 6 years ago '08        #57
Chicken_N_I-Roc 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,864 | Props total: 3453 3453
Ok I did everything correctly from this website on how to install ADB on windows XP.

I got all the way up to the last bit and still my comp "new hardware wizard" keeps saying "Cannot find hardware". WTF....i have the google usb drivers, but it still won't work. Also i downloaded the java program for it.

PLEASE HELP

Ps: I did it before i discovered and was informed about xda. smh
 6 years ago '06        #58
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
I rooted my Droid 2 using Z4Root and wanted to know how to update to latest android firmwqre
 6 years ago '10        #59
5K Studios 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,845 | Props total: 72 72
Has anyone rooted the Sensation?
 6 years ago '04        #60
biggz 30 heat pts30
space
space
$6,977 | Props total: 6588 6588
is there a way to root with 2.3 Gingerbread?
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago