most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
46 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
7 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
the nuggets r gonna look stupid if they dont trade melo before the trading deadline
 7 years ago '05        #42
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
Also maybe the Nuggets feel that they can wait until FA season to accept the Knicks offer because at the end of the day, Melo wants his big contract and maximum.. The Knicks would probably still give up Gallo and possibly Feilds this summer so Melo can get his money.. So it's no rush for them to accept this deal.. See what GSW gave up to get David Lee in a sign and trade this summer, at the end of the day though once summer hits Melo is going to really be interested in one team and thats the Knicks..
 01-22-2011, 02:27 PM         #43
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sc0tttie said:
I've been hearing lately that warriors may try and package steph curry for melo. Best prospect the nuggets can get. But melo and monta on the same team seems redundant
Warriors would be stupid to do that.
 7 years ago '08        #44
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,764 | Props total: 12240 12240
Nets aren't outta this by any stretch.

Denver balked on them then balked on the Knicks.

Denver will come crawling back to the Nets once we get close to the Trade Deadline and they know Melo is peacing out.
 7 years ago '06        #45
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
They were jumping for joy when offered that by the Nets. Too bad Melo wasn't having it. Jersey wasn't going to trade for him without the extension, so the Nuggs had to keep stringing them along to not lose leverage with the Knicks...but its too late for that. I think its safe to say by now that we all know what's going on here. Melo will be in NY by hook or crook.
Is that why Melo had a meeting set with prokorov.. Keep lying to yourself man..
 7 years ago '08        #46
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Hold That said:
Also maybe the Nuggets feel that they can wait until FA season to accept the Knicks offer because at the end of the day, Melo wants his big contract and maximum.. The Knicks would probably still give up Gallo and possibly Feilds this summer so Melo can get his money.. So it's no rush for them to accept this deal.. See what GSW gave up to get David Lee in a sign and trade this summer, at the end of the day though once summer hits Melo is going to really be interested in one team and thats the Knicks..
Melo wants the Extension and NY...if he waits to FA Season he doesn't get top dollar cuz of the New CBA...do you really think Denver has a chance this summer wit Melo wit him taking less money? Hell naw, if this plays out to the summer Denver will be a bottom feeder like Cleveland. They better trade him that's all I got to say.
 7 years ago '06        #47
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 iCON-8 said:
There have been multiple reports that no meeting was ever scheduled, and if there were, why would your owner cancel the meeting the day before when they've been waiting on one for 5 almost months to try and convince Melo to come to Jersey?

Do you realize that you are not making ANY sense? I'm not "lying" to myself, I'm just able to think logically...you should try it sometime.
 7 years ago '08        #48
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
 iCON-8 said:
Melo didn't have s**t set with Prokorov...Denver and Prokorov arranged that Meeting. When it was understood Melo didn't want to communicate right now the meeting was canceled.

Melo even said so
 7 years ago '07        #49
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 iCON-8 said:
Never happened

Melo doesn't want to play for your team. Accept it.

Truth hurts.
 7 years ago '04        #50
Motion 817 heat pts817
space
space
$19,231 | Props total: 1659 1659
sit tight New York and just get him in the offseason without giving up anything

i'm tired of this carmelo anthony s**t
 7 years ago '05        #51
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 iCON-8 said:
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
There have been multiple reports that no meeting was ever scheduled, and if there were, why would your owner cancel the meeting the day before when they've been waiting on one for 5 almost months to try and convince Melo to come to Jersey?

Do you realize that you are not making ANY sense? I'm not "lying" to myself, I'm just able to think logically...you should try it sometime.
Meetings were TRYING to be scheduled but Melo kept giving them the run around.. Not sure why the Nets fans seem to ignore it..

Melo on wanting to meet with the Nets..

‘Melo added that he has no desire to talk to another team, noting the Nuggets still dish out his paychecks. He claimed not to know anything about a proposed meeting with the Nets, which reportedly would include a personal pitch from New Jersey billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov.
“I don’t want to talk to nobody,” Anthony said. “I’ll let the front office handle that type of stuff. That ain’t my job to be talking to New Jersey, Lakers, Dallas, no one. That’s not my job to do.”
And if given permission?
3 days later the Nets owner holds a press conference saying they are out..

Now today this story leaks out..

In a postmortem on the Nets' aborted attempt to trade for Carmelo Anthony, Ken Berger reports that New Jersey's front office at first believed that it had a meeting scheduled with Anthony for Tuesday.

Then word got back to New Jersey that Tuesday would not work for Anthony but that Thursday might be possible.

Still there was no firm commitment from Anthony and ultimately the Nets may not have wanted to risk the embarrassment of flying out to meet with Anthony only to have him decline the extension.

Read more:
The deal was already agreed upon, it was up to Melo to agree to sign an extention.. Not only did he not agree to sign an extention HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO TALK TO HEAR WHAT THE NETS HAD TO OFFER. He kept giving them the run around, so the Nets owner said f**k it, we done..

Nets are acting like that girl, who keeps pressing you to date her, but you try to be cool and let her know in small subtle hints you not interesting so you wont hurt her feelings, but she keep pressing harder until you literally have to insult the b**ch so she can get the point that you just not interested.. Nets still in denial, it's time to move on.. It don't get any more clearer and obvious from what i just posted, if you don't get it, then you just don't want too and not trying too..

Last edited by Hold That; 01-22-2011 at 02:53 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #52
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,370 | Props total: 9631 9631
 Hold That said:
Meetings were TRYING to be scheduled but Melo kept giving them the run around.. Not sure why the Nets fans seem to ignore it..

The deal was already agreed upon, it was up to Melo to agree to sign an extention.. Not only did he not agree to sign an extention HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO TALK TO HEAR WHAT THE NETS HAD TO OFFER. He kept giving them the run around, so the Nets owner said f**k it, we done..

Nets are acting like that girl, who keeps pressing you to date her, but you try to be cool and let her know in small subtle hints you not interesting so you wont hurt her feelings, but she keep pressing harder until you literally have to insult the b**ch so she can get the point that you just not interested.. Nets still in denial, it's time to move on.. It don't get any more clearer and obvious from what i just posted, if you don't get it, then you just don't want too and not trying too..
got em
 7 years ago '04        #53
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
The deal definitely wasn't a "lowball" offer, but its not what the Nuggs are really looking for. Chandler is going to be due an extension upwards of $10 million a year. Denver would also love to shed longterm contracts such as Harrington or Birdman giving them more flexibility within the cap for the years to come.

This was obviously the starting point in negotiations. Walsh definitely showed his interest by including the player they covet (Fields). I'm sure if we had to swap Gallo for Chandler or take back a contract, Walsh will be willing to do so on his terms.

His patience has been a godsend, he won't overreact to the current losing streak...he'll know the right time and the right price, I'm very confident in that.
I don't want to give up fields thought.....Trade Chandler and Gallo and as 1st rounder..We will be looking for a 2 guard if we trade fields. I say we wait for Melo to become a free agent.
 7 years ago '06        #54
bigkilla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,582 | Props total: 5352 5352
I don't think Melo cares about a max contract because being in NY I think he'll make alot of money off endorsements.
 7 years ago '06        #55
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #56
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,642 | Props total: 437 437
 Hold That said:

:agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #57
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
 ReggieA said:
I had a feeling the Knicks were not going to bite on this trade, who is still in the Melo sweepstakes anyways, and if it's Chicago, who and what are they going to give up to get him?
Chicago is giving up Deng, Korver, and possibly their 1st and 2nd rounders in this year's draft... I think Melo would fit in nice with that bulls roster... imo but I still believe he should find his way to New Orleans or somewhere with Cp3 out west... no need to stack up the east and wear yourself out getting to the finals just to get hounded by a rested western team... imo
 7 years ago '08        #58
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,940 | Props total: 7344 7344
I think the Nuggets are just waiting last minute to see there options to trade.
 7 years ago '10        #59
SandmanNyC 26 heat pts26
space
space
$4,602 | Props total: 2282 2282
shiiiieeeeeeeeeeeet, thank rose they didn't except that deal.

I'd rather wait till free agency, and sign him then. Fuk giving up Chandler and Fields. Those guys are SOLID players that we need and have a bright future. Come Free agency, Denver will have 0 leverage. Denver will have to except wat we give them or just let him go for nothing. s**t we can offer Walker, Randolph (or 1st round pick), Douglas, and Curry.

But in all honesty, I don't think Melo really cares about getting traded for the extra money. He just wants to win. Money is not a factor because of two main reasons. First, he does not know if the max contract will go down substantially due to the new agreement, maybe a 1 or 2 million, but you never know. Second, even if it does go down, he will be making that money times 10 in endorsements in NY. He will be set.

Melo is not a dumb guy. He knows Chandler/Fields/ Gallo are needed to make a run at the championship. If they are going to trade 2 of the 3 guys, he'll be basically going to NY to play w/ Amare which is not enuff b/c Miami will still whip us. He also knows that these guys can actually be used in the future for trades to get pieces that we need, like a center. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but if I was Melo, this would def be going through my mind.

On a side note, I think that article that came out saying Chandler will command 12+ mil was genius. Denver will not want to take on a player who is due for a big raise. Walsh does not want to lose him either. Put that together and genius. I don't think we will get Melo this season, but during FA. But until then Go NY Go Ny Go!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: right when i posted this, i saw this:

Sources: Carmelo Willing To Wait, Sign With Knicks As Free Agent

Several sources close to Carmelo Anthony tell Chris Broussard that he is willing to play out the season and sign in New York as a free agent next summer, feeling that he can make up lost salary through endorsements.

With the belief that Anthony will end up signing with the Knicks growing, teams may back off their pursuit of the All-Star forward.

"Sources also say sentiment around the league that Anthony will sign with New York is so strong that many teams that have been willing to trade for Anthony as a rental are now reconsidering," Broussard writes.

The Rockets are thought to be a prime candidate to rent Anthony but if the team feels its chances of convincing him to sign an extension to stay in Houston are slim, it will not make a substantial offer to Denver.

Sources tell Broussard that the Knicks' timetable for trading Anthony Randolph may be pushed back by about one week with the Nets pulling out of trade discussions to acquire Anthony.

Minnesota and Indiana are the likeliest destinations for Randolph because both teams have an available first-round pick that the Knicks can use in a trade for Anthony.

But the Nuggets may be interested in taking Randolph for themselves.

Read more:
imma fukin genius

Last edited by SandmanNyC; 01-22-2011 at 03:34 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #60
BayBuryYa 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,113 | Props total: 5400 5400
 Tempus # 1 said:
I wanna see Oj Mayo and Melo go to the Bulls

Rose/Watson
Brewer/Mayo
Melo/Korver
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Thomas
No way they keep ALL of those pieces in a deal for Melo.

Gibson or Noah or Korver...somebody's getting moved too.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
200 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
85 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy