Activision may close PlayStation Network Black Ops servers

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
26 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #81
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 intoxicated662 said:
It's not activision's fault and no update can fix this problem. The problem lies within Sony, the ps3 hack crippled the ps3 and did more bad than good. Sony lost
Not true at all bro the servers was a.ss before the system got cracked. So that cant be the problem.
 7 years ago '04        #82
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 692 692
 intoxicated662 said:
no one has to prove anything to you, YOU'RE NOBODY. go read the articles for yourself and figure it out. if it really bothers you that much, contact activision. start up a petition on facebook or elsewhere, stop crying and just deal with it. It's not the end of the world.
You mad, son?

No one is crying or any of the things you accuse me of in your post. How familiar are you with this stuff? I'm pretty familiar with it, not necessarily in gaming applications, but I'm pretty decent with server security and I've got the experience and credentials to prove it.

Like I said, this can be fixed. Its just a matter of knowledge and or laziness.

You claim that it can't be fixed. Prove it. Wait nevermind, YOU'RE nobody, so for you to say it can't be fixed is merely conjecture.

Run along now.
 01-19-2011, 10:10 AM         #83
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok, there are people in here who once again prove with their statements that they know nothing. First of all the god mode has nothing to do with jailbreaking. Black ops was not even playable online until a few days ago. Second there are no modified files for the game released that allows god mode for jailbroken ps3s. Third, activision are lazy f*cks who decided to blame their problems on a hack that up until a few days ago did not even allow their game online.

Anybody who tells you this has to do with jailbreak knows nothing. Stop spreading rumours and read about the jailbreak and what has and has not been done before you start talking nonsense.
 7 years ago '04        #84
The Go 2 Guy 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 10 10
 <<InphDigi>> said:
You mad, son?

No one is crying or any of the things you accuse me of in your post. How familiar are you with this stuff? I'm pretty familiar with it, not necessarily in gaming applications, but I'm pretty decent with server security and I've got the experience and credentials to prove it.

Like I said, this can be fixed. Its just a matter of knowledge and or laziness.

You claim that it can't be fixed. Prove it. Wait nevermind, YOU'RE nobody, so for you to say it can't be fixed is merely conjecture.

Run along now.
I claim? Nope. Activision and IW claim, go read the articles like I said. I stated what was posted in those articles as others have seen for themselves. Reading is fundamental. No one is crying? You must be lost then, otherwise if no one cared then people wouldn't be making a big deal about it. By the way, read my above post. "It'll really be time consuming, take up resources, $ and all. Not worth it in activision's eyes and they should just say it."

Can activision probably fix it? Perhaps. Are they going to do it? Maybe. Do they wanna do it and invest into this for older games? Probably not. Time to find a new shooter game that you like and stop wondering what'll happen to cod. Bad company 2 is better imo, there's k!llzone, mag, uncharted 2 and other good games on ps3
 7 years ago '10        #85
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
 Blood Edge said:
^ I was with u until the glitches u mentioned....those aren't prevalent on the 360 because jtagged systems are banned pretty quickly

ps3 on the other hand doesn't have any countermeasures like that

but outside of what you didn't know about s**t is the same on both systems...an unfinished product
Well jailbreaking is pretty new on PS3 so of course there is not much countermeasures.

Im sure Sony will react to it soon.

I played both 360 and PS3 COD games and I and many others have seen more hackers on 360 lol.

Last edited by Bass G; 01-19-2011 at 10:36 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #86
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,518 | Props total: 104 104
who the hell plays cod on ps3 anyway? unless that the only console you own theres no reason to and even then, cod is pretty s**tty on ps3.
 7 years ago '08        #87
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
how did i know this intoxicated nerd would be in here popping off as usual?
 01-19-2011, 11:14 AM         #88
Ivory602 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bottom line, you get what you pay for!!!! Get an xbox 360, and learn what real online play is about.... F Sony
 7 years ago '10        #89
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
^Those Xbox Fanboys never give up lol.
 7 years ago '04        #90
space
space
space
 el bundy said:
how did i know this intoxicated nerd would be in here popping off as usual?
you're doing the same, go figure nerds like u need to stay in your place before their pocket protectors get broken and their lunch $ taken. there goes the money for your yugioh cards
 7 years ago '08        #91
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
not funny
 7 years ago '04        #92
space
space
space
 el bundy said:
not funny
you= Back on topic, servers get taken down after a game is more than a year old. EA does it often and just did it recently. Even if Activision & IW do an update and patch the current issues, there will be more later on which is why they'd rather not bother. It's going to take too much time and they'll have to invest resources and all which I don't think they wanna do.
 7 years ago '06        #93
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
 intoxicated662 said:
It's not activision's fault and no update can fix this problem. The problem lies within Sony, the ps3 hack crippled the ps3 and did more bad than good. Sony lost
Do your homework, it is activisions fault, why can you play madden or f!ght night with less issues?
 7 years ago '04        #94
space
space
space
 ClevelandRay said:
Do your homework, it is activisions fault, why can you play madden or f!ght night with less issues?
Less issues, such as? we're talking about COD right now and not being able to play it @ all in the future is what's at stake. At least you'll be able to play other games online.
 7 years ago '04        #95
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,940 | Props total: 3137 3137
 Da Ill One said:
I can't believe you people turn an innocent thread into a f**king PS 3 vs 360 s**t fest again...wtf I thought we were all off that s**t for '11...

The fact is Activision WON'T do anything even though they could... but for the record the same glitches and stuff is happening on the 360 and Activision/Treyarch/IW haven't said s**t about taking it's servers down... they are just lazy and don't want to put the extra work into perfecting the PS 3 code which is harder to write and maintain...

and anyone who says differently is lying... because God Mode on Ps3? also on 360 (started on 360 not counting PC), Unimited ammo? been on 360 for a while, just recently got to PS3, super jumps and superhuman speed running? guess what yeah that's been on 360...

so why hasn't activision threatened to take 360's servers down...since it's all in the GAME code...NOT the system hardware...

they just don't have an excuse for being lazy bums so they have to blame someone else... (typical its' not my fault thinking)

AND NO I AM NOT SAYING 360 SUCKS...JUST SAYING ALL THE HACKS THAT ARE ON PS3 WERE ON 360 LONG BEFORE AND THEY HAVEN'T BEEN PATCHED YET...PEOPLE STILL HAVE UNLIMITED ROCKETS AND s**t IN MW 2...SO EITHER THEY CAN'T PATCH THEM ON MS SIDE EITHER AND JUST WANT TO p!ss ON PS 3 BECAUSE MS GIVES THEM d!ck (WHICH WE ALREADY KNOW) OR THEY HAVE A f**kED GAME CODE AND ARE TOO LAZY TO CARE
Only JTAG modders had the god mode on 360 & they can't go online without getting ban on the spot. so in sense it did started on the 360 side but it never made it online to see the light of day. In-game glitches was on both systems. It's just that PS3 is now similar to a 360 that's JTAG'D only it's more secure online cause of the keys & easy to do.
 7 years ago '10        #96
jbn2233 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$951 | Props total: 162 162
 Tiko377 said:
I don't really care I will be playing k!llzone 3, bulletstorm starting next month
hell yeah f**k COD
 7 years ago '10        #97
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
 slimgangsta18 said:
Only JTAG modders had the god mode on 360 & they can't go online without getting ban on the spot. so in sense it did started on the 360 side but it never made it online to see the light of day. In-game glitches was on both systems. It's just that PS3 is now similar to a 360 that's JTAG'D only it's more secure online cause of the keys & easy to do.
So your saying that there wasnt ever a time when Jtag 360's could of went online before they started getting banned?

So your saying that Sony will never start banning jailbreaked PS3's?
 7 years ago '04        #98
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,940 | Props total: 3137 3137
 Shade737 said:
So your saying that there wasnt ever a time when Jtag 360's could of went online before they started getting banned?

So your saying that Sony will never start banning jailbreaked PS3's?
Hell no they couldn't go online without getting banned. It was a matter of time.

I'm sure sony would start banning jailbreak ps3 but their keys is out open & if done right, they wouldn't notice. Of course they might notice the god mode.
 7 years ago '11        #99
MakeItHappen456 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,198 | Props total: 1609 1609
lets wait and see what will happen
 01-19-2011, 01:46 PM         #100
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimgangsta18 said:
Hell no they couldn't go online without getting banned. It was a matter of time.

I'm sure sony would start banning jailbreak ps3 but their keys is out open & if done right, they wouldn't notice. Of course they might notice the god mode.
Wrong! It is not hard at all for Sony to ban people right now. Backup managers show their game ids online. Sony can easily ban people. And having the mtldr keys has nothing to do with staying stealth online. The keys are just used to create the custom firmware. Custom firmware is still needed to run backups. Sony can implement checks to detect the firmware and see if files have been modified. They are probably doing that right now. People on here swear up and down that having keys mean Sony cannot detect modifications. Custom firmware is not the same as official. Signing just allows the firmware to be installed.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy