Lauryn Hill angers ATL crowd, fans vow to never attend another

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
189 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
127 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,611 | Props total: 722 722
 geovanni. said:
are we really going to sit here and act like she didn't have one of the best albums of the 00s with her unplugged cd?

Are we gonna sit here and act like no one cares now at this point? I think we are....
 01-18-2011, 08:41 PM         #62
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont understand what people want from lauryn. she was never that spectacular of a performer, was she?
 01-18-2011, 08:51 PM         #63
BasedHead 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait until that b**ch go broke she start to appreciate her fans more.. she haven't had new material and how many years?? ppl grown older and grow tired of the same shyt black ppl that is..
 7 years ago '09        #64
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,912 | Props total: 1665 1665
Who still checking for this weirdo..
 7 years ago '07        #65
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
space
$30,438 | Props total: 14815 14815
Na this what happen to lauryn

The critics who have made Lauryn Hill's solo debut the most acclaimed release of 1998 have consistently praised the album for its vision and honesty in presenting one woman's view on life and love.

But now, on the eve of the Grammy season in which it is a sure contender, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" is being portrayed in a lawsuit filed by a group of musicians as something far different--a group project and a lesson in the unfairness of the music business.

The musicians, known collectively as New Ark, are suing Hill and her label in U.S. District Court in Newark, N.J., claiming they deserve a share of songwriting or production credit on 13 of the album's 14 songs--and, of course, a sizable chunk of the profits generated by the album, which has sold 2.4 million copies to date.

The 23-year-old Hill, who gained fame as a member of the Grammy-winning Fugees trio, said in a statement that the suit is "without any merit whatsoever." A spokesman for the singer added this week that Hill feels "deeply betrayed" by the New Ark group, who toiled on the Ruffhouse/Columbia Records release for months at a studio in Hill's South Orange, N.J., home.

The album credits say the album is "produced, written and arranged" by Hill, and she is also listed as executive producer on all the tracks. The New Ark members--Vada Nobles, Rasheem "Kilo" Pugh and twin brothers Johari and Tejumold Newton--are acknowledged several times for "additional production," "additional musical contribution" and "additional lyrical contribution" on some songs.

They claim, however, to be the primary songwriters on two tracks, "Nothing Really Matters" and "Everything Is Everything," and major contributors on six others. Full or partial production credit is also due to the team on five tracks, the suit claims. The musicians also claim to have made sizable, uncredited production contributions to "A Rose Is Still a Rose," a song Hill produced for Aretha Franklin's last album.

The dispute has been discussed by attorneys on both sides for months, but an impasse led to the federal lawsuit filing earlier this month.

Lawsuits are hardly a rarity in the realm of song credits--as one music publishing veteran remarked this week, "Where there's a hit, there's a writ"--but the suit against Hill is especially intriguing because she was viewed primarily as a vocalist before "Miseducation" won raves for her songwriting and production craft.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was released 10 years ago this week and went on to sell more than 8 million copies, win five Grammys and earn a four-star review in Rolling Stone. Mary J. Blige hailed it as "one of the most incredible albums ever made" and the record influenced a generation of soul and hip-hop artists.

"Music is about to change," Hill told Rolling Stone's Touré for his 1999 cover story. "I think now people feel a little more comfortable playing with the parameters. Writing more intensely."

Miseducation's liner notes mostly credit Hill with producing, writing and arranging the entire album. It was, in fact, a huge group effort, as underlined by a lawsuit settled out of court in 2001 for a reported $5 million

New Ark’s lawyer, Peter C. Harvey, scoffed at Hill’s image as a prolific songwriter. “She is not a musician, she is not a producer…I dare say if you put Lauryn Hill in a studio alone, she couldn’t do it again.”

thats why there hasnt been a new lauryn hill album released

her 1st album was dope i will admit but they tried to portray it as she did it alone and she didnt

thats why she paid them 5 million

and there lawyer said he would like to see her do it again and she hasnt
 7 years ago '04        #66
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 1575 1575
 timdog said:

The critics who have made Lauryn Hill's solo debut the most acclaimed release of 1998 have consistently praised the album for its vision and honesty in presenting one woman's view on life and love.

But now, on the eve of the Grammy season in which it is a sure contender, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" is being portrayed in a lawsuit filed by a group of musicians as something far different--a group project and a lesson in the unfairness of the music business.

The musicians, known collectively as New Ark, are suing Hill and her label in U.S. District Court in Newark, N.J., claiming they deserve a share of songwriting or production credit on 13 of the album's 14 songs--and, of course, a sizable chunk of the profits generated by the album, which has sold 2.4 million copies to date.

The 23-year-old Hill, who gained fame as a member of the Grammy-winning Fugees trio, said in a statement that the suit is "without any merit whatsoever." A spokesman for the singer added this week that Hill feels "deeply betrayed" by the New Ark group, who toiled on the Ruffhouse/Columbia Records release for months at a studio in Hill's South Orange, N.J., home.

The album credits say the album is "produced, written and arranged" by Hill, and she is also listed as executive producer on all the tracks. The New Ark members--Vada Nobles, Rasheem "Kilo" Pugh and twin brothers Johari and Tejumold Newton--are acknowledged several times for "additional production," "additional musical contribution" and "additional lyrical contribution" on some songs.

They claim, however, to be the primary songwriters on two tracks, "Nothing Really Matters" and "Everything Is Everything," and major contributors on six others. Full or partial production credit is also due to the team on five tracks, the suit claims. The musicians also claim to have made sizable, uncredited production contributions to "A Rose Is Still a Rose," a song Hill produced for Aretha Franklin's last album.

The dispute has been discussed by attorneys on both sides for months, but an impasse led to the federal lawsuit filing earlier this month.

Lawsuits are hardly a rarity in the realm of song credits--as one music publishing veteran remarked this week, "Where there's a hit, there's a writ"--but the suit against Hill is especially intriguing because she was viewed primarily as a vocalist before "Miseducation" won raves for her songwriting and production craft.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was released 10 years ago this week and went on to sell more than 8 million copies, win five Grammys and earn a four-star review in Rolling Stone. Mary J. Blige hailed it as "one of the most incredible albums ever made" and the record influenced a generation of soul and hip-hop artists.

"Music is about to change," Hill told Rolling Stone's Touré for his 1999 cover story. "I think now people feel a little more comfortable playing with the parameters. Writing more intensely."

Miseducation's liner notes mostly credit Hill with producing, writing and arranging the entire album. It was, in fact, a huge group effort, as underlined by a lawsuit settled out of court in 2001 for a reported $5 million

New Ark’s lawyer, Peter C. Harvey, scoffed at Hill’s image as a prolific songwriter. “She is not a musician, she is not a producer…I dare say if you put Lauryn Hill in a studio alone, she couldn’t do it again.”

her 1st album was dope i will admit but they tried to portray it as she did it alone and she didnt

Wyclef has said the same thing about her. I used to think he was hating but it appears he was speaking the truth
 7 years ago '04        #67
Kadroan 102 heat pts102
space
space
$33,411 | Props total: 6377 6377
dang that's messed up, im so glad i didnt get tickets
 7 years ago '08        #68
OzzieCanseco 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,334 | Props total: 106 106
Lauryn Hill>>>Niki Minaj
 01-19-2011, 12:30 AM         #69
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aaaaaand she's going to be at coachella...and i'm gonna wait

fml
 7 years ago '08        #70
OzzieCanseco 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,334 | Props total: 106 106
 badboy600 said:
Wyclef has said the same thing about her. I used to think he was hating but it appears he was speaking the truth
:surprised:
 7 years ago '04        #71
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6375 6375
 badboy600 said:
so basically she milli vanilli it
 7 years ago '04        #72
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,735 | Props total: 2399 2399
 justinjones said:
nobody paying u money to let u sing your songs on some random sh!t. what she could of been just makes me it went all to hell

i know some hill fans are like this
1:05

7 years ago '05        #73
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,719 | Props total: 2205 2205
 timdog said:

Makes perfect sense, it was said already but i thought it was lies. She loses credibility in my book for that then. The album will still remain a classic but f**k her yo. real talk.
 7 years ago '04        #74
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 justinjones said:
nobody paying u money to let u sing your songs on some random sh!t. what she could of been just makes me it went all to hell

i know some hill fans are like this
1:05

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 7 years ago '05        #75
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,719 | Props total: 2205 2205
 NO RELIGION said:
When Lauryn was in her prime she had the whole world at her f**king feet! Everybody loved her whites,black and in between.

If she would've stayed on her grind she could've been the female equivalent of what Jay-z is today. but the b**ch wanted to shoot some kids out of her c*ck for some bum a.ss n*gga....typical black woman
^This. That Marley dude f**ked her head up something serious because i still dont understand.
 7 years ago '11        #76
MakeItHappen456 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,198 | Props total: 1609 1609
She's losing it again
 7 years ago '07        #77
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 MakeItHappen456 said:
She's losing it again

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Bullseye; 01-19-2011 at 09:38 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #78
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,729 | Props total: 12514 12514
 geovanni. said:
i dont understand what people want from lauryn. she was never that spectacular of a performer, was she?
Yes she was..

When she came out she was the female version of 2pac after he first album.. The messages in her music to her rap skills and acting skills you would think her an Pac were distant brother and sisters..

Anyone who says otherwise is a damn lie.. her impact was huge, and she had the ability to make songs that men and women could relate too.. not only could she sing, but she could rap with some of the best rappers out..

She got scared off by all the media attention, went away, probably did drugs, and didn't come back the same or with that same aura..When she went away for such a long time you would have thought she was dead.. And you know how you get overly appreciated when you are absent and the music you left behind was nothing short of greatness.. People want the OLD miseducation Hill back, anything less than that people will never be satisfied. It's almost like if B.I.G,Pac and Pun came back from the dead and started putting out music the standards of low rappers like Gucci Mane.. People would be pissed, because the bar is so high for them that they don't want them doing anything less than what was set previously.

Last edited by Hold That; 01-19-2011 at 01:07 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #79
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5501 5501
 J.R. Hyphy said:
A ok I guess jimi didnt lead himself to his demise
lol He died bc of an overdose on sleeping pills. If you wana compare that to Lauren Hill playing in the snow then be my guest, but that's about as many similarities as you'll find.

Jimi Hendrix changed music forever and is still considered the best guitar player ever, even after he's been dead for 40 years. Not to mention he was a chill motherf**ker who put on amazing live performances and released a huge library of music.

Lauren Hill made one Milli Vanilli style album, refuted the criticism and still hasn't done s**t since then. All while being a huge c*nt to her fans and everyone else.

Yet, you smoke her c*ck.
 7 years ago '04        #80
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
 hold that said:
yes she was..

When she came out she was the female version of 2pac after he first album.. The messages in her music to her rap skills and acting skills you would think her an pac were distant brother and sisters..

Anyone who says otherwise is a damn lie.. Her impact was huge, and she had the ability to make songs that men and women could relate too.. Not only could she sing, but she could rap with some of the best rappers out..

She got scared off by all the media attention, went away, probably did drugs, and didn't come back the same or with that same aura..when she went away for such a long time you would have thought she was dead.. And you know how you get overly appreciated when you are absent and the music you left behind was nothing short of greatness.. People want the old miseducation hill back, anything less than that people will never be satisfied. It's almost like if b.i.g,pac and pun came back from the dead and started putting out music the standards of low rappers like gucci mane.. People would be pissed, because the bar is so high for them that they don't want them doing anything less than what was set previously.
this...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy