most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-18-2011, 11:09 AM         #21
mistermarvel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
Why is the archaic notion on human beings being the only intelligent form of life in this universe still a viable reality to most people?

That's the better question.

Also you say we have all this information today... but really its miniscule to the amount of information we could have... we've only been traveling in space now for 60 years or so. And you expect us to know everything... when we don't even know everything about our own planet.

Its sad and pathetic for you to a.ssume with our information that we must know everything.

The earth is just a peice of sand in this universe and for all we know there could be a infinite amount of other universes. And if that's the case then our universe is just a piece of sand in a multiverse which makes the earth even smaller.

We do not know everything though some think we do.
he didn't say that we're the only intelligent lifeform in the universe. in fact, i think very few people believe that. he was talking about alien visitation to earth. it's taken us an extremely long time to evolve enough just to get into space, and we're not even remotely close to being able to travel across our own galaxy. how long will it be until an asteroid hits the earth and we're wiped out? it could be in 20,000 years and we still wouldn't have enough time to make it to another planet that sustains sentient life. the same is true theoretically for alien civilizations. look up the drake equation, the equation itself might be bs but it has some sound principles in it
 01-18-2011, 11:24 AM         #22
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So yeah people online stupid as f**k talking about ailens
 01-18-2011, 11:38 AM         #23
Pat McGroin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not gonna lie i wouldn't be suprised if there were footprints on the moon, earth has been around forrrr soooooo fucccckinnngggggg long there had to have mannnnny times were society started over rebuilt to great technology and feel to ruins again. You think in the passed trillion years we were the only people to get this far on earth?
 7 years ago '09        #24
Xx Tecca xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,358 | Props total: 0 0
 7 years ago '05        #25
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 mistermarvel said:
he didn't say that we're the only intelligent lifeform in the universe. in fact, i think very few people believe that. he was talking about alien visitation to earth. it's taken us an extremely long time to evolve enough just to get into space, and we're not even remotely close to being able to travel across our own galaxy. how long will it be until an asteroid hits the earth and we're wiped out? it could be in 20,000 years and we still wouldn't have enough time to make it to another planet that sustains sentient life. the same is true theoretically for alien civilizations. look up the drake equation, the equation itself might be bs but it has some sound principles in it
What I a planet has been around a billion years longer then earth... and life started there the same time it started in earths history? That would give them a billion year head start on us.

We can't go by earths time line when talking about different planets... because not every planet was made the same time earth was.

For all we know there could be a civilization on another planet with 10,000 years of advancement on us.

And if in just over 100 years we've gone from finding how to use oil to run a vehicle to using to to travel through outter space imagine what another 100 or 200 years will do... let alone the 20,000 years you mentioned.
 7 years ago '04        #26
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
 Jtad88 said:
I'm not gonna lie i wouldn't be suprised if there were footprints on the moon, earth has been around forrrr soooooo fucccckinnngggggg long there had to have mannnnny times were society started over rebuilt to great technology and feel to ruins again. You think in the passed trillion years we were the only people to get this far on earth?
Uh, yeah. At least technologically speaking.
 01-18-2011, 12:17 PM         #27
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
Why is the archaic notion on human beings being the only intelligent form of life in this universe still a viable reality to most people?

That's the better question.

Also you say we have all this information today... but really its miniscule to the amount of information we could have... we've only been traveling in space now for 60 years or so. And you expect us to know everything... when we don't even know everything about our own planet.

Its sad and pathetic for you to a.ssume with our information that we must know everything.

The earth is just a peice of sand in this universe and for all we know there could be a infinite amount of other universes. And if that's the case then our universe is just a piece of sand in a multiverse which makes the earth even smaller.

We do not know everything though some think we do.
The part of your argument that I put in bold is the main argument for my point. if the milky way (our galaxy) has between 500 billion to 1 Trillion stars, with a large proportion having their own solar systems, times the 60 Billion galaxies that we can observe is a number that we can't even begin to wrap our brains around. So exactly like you said the earth is just a piece of sand in this universe, probably infinitely smaller than that.

So my question to you is, with all that being said. What do you think the odds that intelligent life would pick Earth out potentially trillions of other options?

Then when you throw in the relativity of time in space, the chance that "aliens" would visit earth the amount of times it has been reported in the last 100 years makes that probability even more minuscule.

For instance we use the same logic but in reverse with the lotto, the mega millions was at 350,000,000. with the chance of winning 1 in 175,000,000. Now most normal people buy a ticket a.ssuming that they will not win, not saying you can't. It's just that the odds are severely not in your favor. However, when this same math and logic is applied to the chances of alien life visiting earth, even tho the odds are probably a billion times worse than hitting the lotto, earth hits the impossible jackpot damn near every week.

Simple math and logic. I'm not saying all of this is impossible. All I'm saying is that we as humans regard events with significantly higher probabilities of happening (such as winning the Mega Millions @ 350,000,000) near impossible, while not doing the same with events with significantly low probabilities of happening (being visited by aliens in our lifetime).

Last edited by 80sbabyent; 01-19-2011 at 02:01 PM..
 01-18-2011, 12:26 PM         #28
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JuStAnOtHaXaZn said:
I highly disagree. We've explored such a small percentage outside our planet there is no way we can rule out extraterrestrial life. If anything what we've learned can only further support the fact that their may be life in space with the discovery that life may be able to exist without our basic 4 elements that we believed were needed to sustain life.
Again.. I never said that I didn't believe in other life. In fact, I'm 100% sure that there is.. My whole point is that the number of times our small a.ss planet, universally speaking, has supposedly had alien contact in no way adds up with the probability of it actually happening, giving what we know about the sheer vastness of the universe as a whole. The more we discover about the universe the smaller the probability of being visited by alien life gets, because it seems like earth gets smaller the more we discover.

The idea of aliens visiting us was cool back when we thought our solar system was HUGE and our Galaxy was HUMONGOUS now we know that both are pretty insignificantly small in the grand scheme of things.
 7 years ago '10        #29
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
Ill make the Aliens smoke a blunt with me. Maybe they'll change their minds.
 7 years ago '06        #30
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 DaKid730 said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #31
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
aliens, nuke war, natural disaster

one of those 3 will get us eventually
 01-18-2011, 12:56 PM         #32
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is almost as stupid as the government knocked the towers theory.
 7 years ago '04        #33
TBX 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,937 | Props total: 615 615
Finally real news! f**king AP never shows you what's up.
 7 years ago '04        #34
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,409 | Props total: 4306 4306
the insane thing about this is aliens have beeen comin and going from this planet...

this seems to much of a setup.. and im not much for believing those conspiracies
 7 years ago '07        #35
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,628 | Props total: 3275 3275
 Jtad88 said:

Wow. Just....wow
 01-18-2011, 01:58 PM         #36
mistermarvel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 80sbabyent said:
The part of your argument that I put in bold is the main argument for my point. if the milky way (our galaxy) has between 500 billion to 1 billion stars, with a large proportion having their own solar systems, times the 60 Billion galaxies that we can observe is a number that we can't even begin to wrap our brains around. So exactly like you said the earth is just a piece of sand in this universe, probably infinitely smaller than that.

So my question to you is, with all that being said. What do you think the odds that intelligent life would pick Earth out potentially trillions of other options?

Then when you throw in the relativity of time in space, the chance that "aliens" would visit earth the amount of times it has been reported in the last 100 years makes that probability even more minuscule.

For instance we use the same logic but in reverse with the lotto, the mega millions was at 350,000,000. with the chance of winning 1 in 175,000,000. Now most normal people buy a ticket a.ssuming that they will not win, not saying you can't. It's just that the odds are severely not in your favor. However, when this same math and logic is applied to the chances of alien life visiting earth, even tho the odds are probably a billion times worse than hitting the lotto, earth hits the impossible jackpot damn near every week.

Simple math and logic. I'm not saying all of this is impossible. All I'm saying is that we as humans regard events with significantly higher probabilities of happening (such as winning the Mega Millions @ 350,000,000) near impossible, while not doing the same with events with significantly low probabilities of happening (being visited by aliens in our lifetime).
that's exactly what i'm talking about. my dude.

can't forget that we're dealing with INCREDIBLY large numbers, so high that we can't even fully understand them.

as for 'measuring by earth's time,' that's all relative. time still passes. whether it's 20,000 earth years or .2 of some unit of time on another planet, it's still a long, long time.

and making a car engine work on gasoline is a tad bit easier than the physical and philosophical problems presented with traveling to places that are LIGHT YEARS away.
 7 years ago '04        #37
D.IrIsH 334 heat pts334
space
space
$5,228 | Props total: 7093 7093
/thread.

Why do bulls**t threads like these get so much attention? Is it because, deep down, we truly want an alien invasion? Or is it because we're either incredibly fascinated or fearful of the potential for intelligent life confronting us in a peaceful or hostile attitude?

Who knows...

All I know is... Until I start seeing some real evidence, supported by real scientists with real names in real places... I don't take any of these threads or topics seriously. How can I? There's just way too many nutjobs and alien fanatics out there who want nothing more than to fabricate an alien invasion story to satisfy their own desire for an opportunity to play the leading role in their own sci-fi film.

Last edited by D.IrIsH; 01-18-2011 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: changed "talk" to "take" in last paragraph
 7 years ago '05        #38
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 80sbabyent said:
The part of your argument that I put in bold is the main argument for my point. if the milky way (our galaxy) has between 500 billion to 1 billion stars, with a large proportion having their own solar systems, times the 60 Billion galaxies that we can observe is a number that we can't even begin to wrap our brains around. So exactly like you said the earth is just a piece of sand in this universe, probably infinitely smaller than that.

Ill answer your main question first, the bolded part.

I think if there is another lifeform out there capable to traveling across not only a galaxy but to other galaxies that they are more then likely capable of seeing what is there before they travel there. Instead of blindly going from one spot to another searching for something don't you think they would have a far more advanced system of seeing what's out there?

I can see your point for sure... but you gotta also take into account all the past history the earth has with Ufos... not just since roswell but dating back to ancient egypt, myans, sumarians and before. Almost every civilization mentions gods that came from the heavens. Now back then they had no name for ufos or ETs or spaceships... so what if we had been visited dating all the way back then, what if they first found us then and have periodically stopped by since then?

Also another thing you have to take into account is that more than likely half to 3/4s of UFO sighting are either bulls**t or some other kind of explainable sighting. For all we know it could be far more then that... 80% or even 90% being complete bulls**t.

In my opinion the idea that humans have mentioned "gods" or "people from the sky" for thousands of years almost certainly means we've been visited before... which means they know where we are. And I also believe that since we've established ways of gettin into outer space that aliens are more than likely sticking close to watch over us. I mean the real boom in ufos have been since around the time we got the atomic bomb... maybe they feel we are advanced far enough that they should stick around so we don't do anything stupid.

I also think its nothing far fetched to a.ssume that aliens have 1000s of years of space travel under there belt... and for humans who have only seen 60 or 70 years of it to a.ssume we know what space travel really is is ignorant. Its like weapons... thousands of years ago a stick and rock was top notch gear and they probably never a.ssumed that one day there would be a bomb that can decimate and entire city. We are still at the very begining of space travel and in reality we probably don't know 10% of everything there is ya know?

I know I man seem like a conspiracy nut... but to me there is without a doubt aliens out there. Mathmatically they're should be, and for us to a.ssume were it is foolish and stupid.

Last edited by Freemind; 01-18-2011 at 02:54 PM..
 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM         #39
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jtad88 said:

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #40
boxden813 
space
space
$246 | Props total: 8 8
 Jtad88 said:
The earth isn't more than 7 billion years old..... so billion and trillion is a far far far way apart.
Home         

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy