"Ricky will not be invited back to host the show next year, for sure"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
189 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
127 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
8207 pageviews
92 comments

latin_linx 349 heat pts349
space
space
$9,765 | Props total: 292 292
"Ricky will not be invited back to host the show next year, for sure"

Ricky Gervais hosted last night’s Golden Globes Awards, a repeat gig from last year because everyone liked how he gleefully made fun of Hollywood. He returned this year with a promise to be meaner, and he followed through (watch the monologue below), resulting in a lot of dripping gashes getting offended. FilmDrunk has a breakdown of which media outlets have twats for TV reviewers, but the gist of it is this:

“Ricky will not be invited back to host the show next year, for sure,” a member of the [Hollywood Foreign Press a.ssociation] told me, adding that Ricky’s relentlessly mean shtick could have even larger consequences. “For sure any movie he makes he can forget about getting nominated. He humiliated the organization last night and went too far with several celebrities whose representatives have already called to complain.” [...]

“Ricky blew it big time. It’s one thing to make fun of celebrities but it’s another to make them totally uncomfortable,” an insider tells me. “People in that room were furious but had to sit and smile because the camera’s were on them. It really says something when several people who attended said they would have felt safer with Kathy Griffin hosting.” [Popeater]

What a steaming pile of pig sh*t. The overblown media reaction is only going to coddle these delicate egomaniacs even more. Make them sit there and take their lumps like adult human beings, maybe it’ll make them think twice before mailing in crap like The Tourist.

[pic - click to view]

2011 Golden Globes: List of Winners + Ricky Gervais's Monologue

There was really no reason to watch last night’s Golden Globes other than to see what Ricky Gervais was going to do, and the man did not disappoint. He was ballsy, but more importantly, he was funny. He began the night ripping on The Tourist and the Hollywood Foreign Press (the elephants in the room, let’s face it), and proceeded to actually be funny every time he was onstage, making reference to John Travolta being closeted (”‘I Love You Phillip Morris’ — two heteros3xual actors pretending to be gay – which is the exact opposite of some famous Scientologists … probably.”) and introducing Bruce Willis as “Ashton Kutcher’s dad.”

Ricky Gervais did most of the obvious jokes (Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Etc.), but he executed them brilliantly. To host this kind of Hollywood circle jerk without coming off as a massive tool would be a feat; to actually be funny, entertaining, and honest was nothing short of a miracle. A gay, scientology miracle. (pic via DailyWhat)

Of course, there’s a reason people in Hollywood are famous for being thin-skinned pussies, and the reason is that Hollywood people are thin-skinned pussies. Actually, that’s not quite true. Most of the stars seemed to understand the way jokes work (especially Christian Bale). It seems to be the media that’s largely responsible for misinterpreting playful ball-busting for conflict (or deliberately stoking controversy). How say you, O Great Greek Twat Chorus?

WashingtonPost: “Are we at war with England? If not, then why have we been subjected to two years of Gervais hosting the Golden Globe Awards, witnessing a growing hostility between the British comedian and a resentful audience of celebs?” [This writer should be sentenced to 30 hours of Gervais-free Globe coverage]

NYTimes: “It’s so rare for presenters to be at open war with their host, and at times it almost looked as if Mr. Gervais and Mr. Bale were intent on bringing to Hollywood some of the incivility and extremism that veins political discourse. Theirs was certainly the most conspicuous wisp of conflict of the night, and that is unusual.” [Oh NY Times, you win the Golden Globe for Most New York Timesyest]. “Trashing the a.ssociation that feeds you, on the other hand, is bad form, or bad politics.” [Not true. To not acknowledge that the HFPA is a joke would just be dishonest. Also, who gets fed by an a.ssociation?]

LATimes: Headline: ‘Golden Globes: Host Ricky Gervais was just too nasty.’ The host pulled no punches, but he should have knocked himself out. [What does that even mean? Is this a f!ghter review?] The opposite of dull and deferential is not snotty and abusive. [Likewise, the opposite of dull and uninformed is not humorless and c*nty.]

FoxNews: Ricky Gervais draws more gasps than grins at the Golden Globes. [But neither from me, because I had a big wiener in my mouth!]

BaltimoreSun: The normally clever-to-brilliant Ricky Gervais resorted to nonstop insult comedy as “the host” of the Golden Globes last night. He appeared to be auditioning for a dinner-theater version of “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” His main game was “Get the Guest.”
When he wasn’t putting down easy targets like Charlie Sheen or joking about the vanity of “s3x and the City” stars and the age of Cher, his staggeringly lame fallback position was to list the lesser credits of A-listers like Bruce Willis.

[pic - click to view]

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.c .. -is#more-38880

Last edited by latin_linx; 01-17-2011 at 01:45 PM..

92 comments for ""Ricky will not be invited back to host the show next year, for sure""

7 years ago '05        #2
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,248 | Props total: 2421 2421
lol he ethered alot of people in that room
 01-17-2011, 02:43 PM         #3
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wonder if Conan helped Ricky write a few of his jokes.
 01-17-2011, 02:44 PM         #4
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude k!lled it...

Let him Host the f**ken Oscars next year.
 01-17-2011, 03:30 PM         #5
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ christian bale lookin like jesus christ and cracking up with him.
 7 years ago '07        #6
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
People are way too soft these days...
 7 years ago '05        #7
theylikeme05 
space
space
$2,660 | Props total: 366 366
Yeah he went IN....Hollywood needed that...a bunch of fukkin pusdsies...their just people and not one of his jokes was a lie
 7 years ago '09        #8
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,534 | Props total: 3825 3825
ricky is a f**king LEGEND!!!!!
i used to have to get resuscitated after episodes of the show EXTRAS on hbo.

i didn't watch the golden globes, but i just looked up the video since i seen a lot of talk about it on the net. here goes for those who haven't seen it or care to see it again:

[video - click to view]

01-17-2011, 04:15 PM         #9
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sid 6point7 said:
@ christian bale lookin like jesus christ and cracking up with him.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #10
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
 5_star_smitty said:

i didn't watch the golden globes, but i just looked up the video since i seen a lot of talk about it on the net. here goes for those who haven't seen it or care to see it again:

That skit about Hugh Hefner had me dying..
 7 years ago '06        #11
Addled Thoughts 1 heat pts
space
space
$744 | Props total: 18 18
Anyone want to break down his Christian Bale jokes? They were laughing together?
 7 years ago '06        #12
UrZTrulY-KINg 13 heat pts13
space
space
$829 | Props total: 120 120
 5_star_smitty said:

I'm about to watch it just because of that
Heres his last year bits in one video

[video - click to view]

!
 7 years ago '08        #13
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$27,998 | Props total: 19884 19884
i hope i become a celebrity, id be jokin on the other b**ch made celebrities right along with ricky!!!
 7 years ago '09        #14
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,543 | Props total: 87 87
 UrZTrulY-KINg said:
I'm about to watch it just because of that
Heres his last year bits in one video
!
 7 years ago '07        #15
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Bleezy said:
People are way too soft these days...
I honestly thought after last year and how uptight they are they wouldn't bring him back this year. He doesn't care when it comes to jokes .
 7 years ago '05        #16
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 7 7
ay what was christian bale saying before they cut him off?
 7 years ago '04        #17
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
His sign-off was good too

"…and thank you to god for making me an atheist."
 7 years ago '09        #18
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,168 | Props total: 2555 2555

Never watched those award shows but it looks like I missed out on a fun night.
 7 years ago '05        #19
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Them f**got a.ss pussies that run the show shouldn't of put him in if they had doubts. Dude is funny as f**k and has shown before he don't give a f**k.
 7 years ago '04        #20
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy