Game - The Documentary (2005)

most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 25 - The Photo This Nation Needs Right Now
21 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside For $100,000 would you do it?? Hmmm..
86 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Game - Documentary
Live Up To its Hype (5 games) 2,154 56.73%
4 games 1,045 27.52%
3 games 317 8.35%
2 games 77 2.03%
fuck this cornball overhype shit (one game) 204 5.37%
Voters: 3797. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #141
Hustler_101 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,402 | Props total: 64 64
haters are so funny lol
 12 years ago '04        #142
1000bluntz 
space
space
$14,617 | Props total: 756 756
Honestly, the track that Havoc produced that had Faith Evans on the hook and Start From Scratch are the two best beats on this sh*t by far, those sh*ts are ill.
 12 years ago '04        #143
1000bluntz 
space
space
 Hustler_101 said:
haters are so funny lol
How is pointing out that the Game is one of the most generic as fu*k gangster rappers hating moreso than obvious truth?
 01-07-2005, 04:28 PM         #144
kev_krush 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This album is fire!! classic!! been bumping it all da had 2 drop like 7 tracks of da album on my radio show 2day, would jus played da whole album on air its dat hot... but i dnt want over do it kno
 01-07-2005, 04:59 PM         #145
tbagz_thizz_it 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
in the process of slappin.....so far i like wut i hear...no final rating but ill holla
 12 years ago '04        #146
Born_Loser|M 69 heat pts69
space
space
$39,565 | Props total: 1263 1263
Whoa Whoa Whoa

Nowhere Near Classic

Slow Down With That...
 01-07-2005, 05:56 PM         #147
CRiley1111 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lyrics-Hott, Production-Hott 4/5

Sayin its a classic is goin too far tho, classic is like Jay, Nas, BIG, Pac. Game is hott but nowhere near their level but I feel in time he could get there
 12 years ago '04        #148
dummyinacan 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,775 | Props total: 0 0
i dont c how the fu*k people say games lyrics r wack, i know hes not the best, but saying he cant rhyme is just plain ol fu*king hating...listen 2 it again haters(thats if u listened at all)
 12 years ago '04        #149
1000bluntz 
space
space
 dummyinacan said:
i dont c how the fu*k people say games lyrics r wack, i know hes not the best, but saying he cant rhyme is just plain ol fu*king hating...listen 2 it again haters(thats if u listened at all)
I don't think you listened to the album very well if you think the lyrics are good. How many fu*king times do I have to hear him talk about Eazy (who he didn't even fu*king know in the first place), Dre, being from Compton, Nike Air One's, G-Unit, NWA, or wanting to fu*k Mya? That sh*t is beyond wack, dude has no content whatsoever, just throws names around all throughout his verses. Anybody could do that sh*t.
 01-07-2005, 06:27 PM         #150
Dooper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1000bluntz said:
I don't think you listened to the album very well if you think the lyrics are good. How many fu*king times do I have to hear him talk about Eazy (who he didn't even fu*king know in the first place), Dre, being from Compton, Nike Air One's, G-Unit, NWA, or wanting to fu*k Mya? That sh*t is beyond wack, dude has no content whatsoever, just throws names around all throughout his verses. Anybody could do that sh*t.
Lmao :eek:
 12 years ago '04        #151
1000bluntz 
space
space
 Dooper said:
Lmao :eek:
You know that sh*t true n*gga lol
 12 years ago '04        #152
dummyinacan 1 heat pts
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
i dont think u listened to the album well if thats all u got from his lyrics....
 01-07-2005, 07:15 PM         #153
tehsheet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TD is straight fire. Not a single track on here is filler every single tracks fire Game brings it lyrically and the production is the best I've heard in a LOOOOOOOOOOONG fu*king time. Album 5/5 (and I ain't no shady/aftermath/guint d!ck rider neither). Cop this sh*t for real when it drops in stores cause it's worth your 15 dollars. I'd buy this if it was 25 fu*king dollars. Only thing I see being able to even compete with this is 50 or Detox and I expect 50's to have a sophmore slump..download this sh*t NOW if you aint got it I dont give a damn if you hate Game. Listen to it and throw your hate away for awhile and see what you think.
 01-07-2005, 07:30 PM         #154
TRIPLE H 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the cd is a.ss
 12 years ago '04        #155
snoopamd 
space
space
space
$244 | Props total: 0 0
 CRiley1111 said:
Lyrics-Hott, Production-Hott 4/5

Sayin its a classic is goin too far tho, classic is like Jay, Nas, BIG, Pac. Game is hott but nowhere near their level but I feel in time he could get there
Agreed. He has potential, but his lyrics lack that oomph and a bit of depth. He needs to extrapolate more thoroughly on his experiences. He definitely has a story to tell. I also thought that at times the beats distracted from his lyrics. Particularly on Em and Just Blaze's joints.

Beat wise, the album is solid. Dre productions are on point, the Hi-Tek beat is classic ("he's so hot right now"), and the others bring some of their best. Em's beat is cool (if repetitive and too much like all his other beats), with a great hook, but Em's verse is straight trash, as usual. Dude -- move on! fu*ker can't quit talking about k!lling, p*nises, and the law. It's so, like, five minutes ago.

Game's lyrics, on the other hand, are decent overall, excellent in some places, and repetitive in others.

As a small rant, I challenge a rap artist to create an album full of material without using a variation on the words "money," "girls," "guns," and "liquor." This stuff is getting SO old. There is soooooo much in this world besides thug-life. How about an album expounding on 19th century philosophies. Or some storytelling ala the Slim Shady LP or Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...? A concept album or two? Politics, but not backpack style, rather more or less like Mosh (with good lyrics).

Instead, rap is all about how much cheese I'm wielding, who I've fu*ked, and how many times I've been shot.

schnooopy

Last edited by snoopamd; 01-07-2005 at 08:22 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #156
kc10785 
space
space
$4,203 | Props total: 50 50
all i need to say sh*t is not that great its just another cd for my collection i give it a 3 i listen to the whole cd best track is "dreams" produce by kanye west

Last edited by kc10785; 01-07-2005 at 09:09 PM..
 01-07-2005, 09:10 PM         #157
jmt12856 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 mics

album is hot, really suprised me, production is extremely good and game was decent lyrically. who is this jeff bhasker? his beat is dope as hell
 12 years ago '04        #158
dummyinacan 1 heat pts
space
space
 snoopamd said:
but Em's verse is straight trash, as usual. Dude -- move on! fu*ker can't quit talking about k!lling, p*nises, and the law. It's so, like, five minutes ago.
holy sh*t....please....PLEASEEEEE hear eminems verse again...he murderED AND r*peD thats song!
 12 years ago '04        #159
snoopamd 
space
space
space
$244 | Props total: 0 0
 dummyinacan said:
holy sh*t....please....PLEASEEEEE hear eminems verse again...he murderED AND r*peD thats song!
Yeah, OK, so the rhymes are slick, but the content is overplayed. "murdered" and "Raped" exactly. How many times do we need to hear about him sticking a p*nis up someone's a.ss, or opening up his head with a hatchet.

snopopopopop
 01-07-2005, 09:41 PM         #160
beansy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aight, I really don't know much about Game, or could really care. He's on Aftermath, he claims he's trying to bring back the west, so I gave this album a listen. On my fourth listen now, sh*t is straight fire. Production wise, easily tops anything from 2004. Lyrically though, only a few songs on point. Rest are fairly generic. Plus, this sounds nothing like any westcoast album I've ever heard, lyrically OR production wise. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just kinda false advertisement for anyone who thought it would be something that it isn't. All adds up to a 4/5 for me. Pretty nice coming from someone who had no expectations whatsoever.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
bruh the Menace 2 Society Interrogation Scene got me fu-king crying :dead:
47 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cartoons That End So Unexpectedly It Will Make You Laugh
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Bold Superhero Show Iíve Been Waiting for!#F..
53 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
386 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Bankrupt 50 and his Private Jet
56 comments
19 hours ago