Game - The Documentary (2005)

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

Game - Documentary
Live Up To its Hype (5 games) 2,156 56.75%
4 games 1,045 27.51%
3 games 317 8.34%
2 games 77 2.03%
fuck this cornball overhype shit (one game) 204 5.37%
Voters: 3799.   (BX member poll)

15 years ago '04        #151
1000bluntz 
space
space
$20,414   Props total: 23347 23347
 Dooper said
Lmao :eek:
You know that sh*t true n*gga lol

15 years ago '04        #152
dummyinacan  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,775   Props total: 1 1
 1000bluntz said
I don't think you listened to the album very well if you think the lyrics are good. How many fu*king times do I have to hear him talk about Eazy (who he didn't even fu*king know in the first place), Dre, being from Compton, Nike Air One's, G-Unit, NWA, or wanting to fu*k Mya? That sh*t is beyond wack, dude has no content whatsoever, just throws names around all throughout his verses. Anybody could do that sh*t.
i dont think u listened to the album well if thats all u got from his lyrics....

01-07-2005, 07:15 PM         #153
tehsheet 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
TD is straight fire. Not a single track on here is filler every single tracks fire Game brings it lyrically and the production is the best I've heard in a LOOOOOOOOOOONG fu*king time. Album 5/5 (and I ain't no shady/aftermath/guint d*ck rider neither). Cop this sh*t for real when it drops in stores cause it's worth your 15 dollars. I'd buy this if it was 25 fu*king dollars. Only thing I see being able to even compete with this is 50 or Detox and I expect 50's to have a sophmore slump..download this sh*t NOW if you aint got it I dont give a damn if you hate Game. Listen to it and throw your hate away for awhile and see what you think.

01-07-2005, 07:30 PM         #154
TRIPLE H 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
the cd is a*s

15 years ago '04        #155
snoopamd 
space
space
space
$245   Props total: 0 0
 CRiley1111 said
Lyrics-Hott, Production-Hott 4/5

Sayin its a classic is goin too far tho, classic is like Jay, Nas, BIG, Pac. Game is hott but nowhere near their level but I feel in time he could get there
Agreed. He has potential, but his lyrics lack that oomph and a bit of depth. He needs to extrapolate more thoroughly on his experiences. He definitely has a story to tell. I also thought that at times the beats distracted from his lyrics. Particularly on Em and Just Blaze's joints.

Beat wise, the album is solid. Dre productions are on point, the Hi-Tek beat is classic ("he's so hot right now"), and the others bring some of their best. Em's beat is cool (if repetitive and too much like all his other beats), with a great hook, but Em's verse is straight trash, as usual. Dude -- move on! fu*ker can't quit talking about k*lling, p*nises, and the law. It's so, like, five minutes ago.

Game's lyrics, on the other hand, are decent overall, excellent in some places, and repetitive in others.

As a small rant, I challenge a rap artist to create an album full of material without using a variation on the words "money," "girls," "guns," and "liquor." This stuff is getting SO old. There is soooooo much in this world besides thug-life. How about an album expounding on 19th century philosophies. Or some storytelling ala the Slim Shady LP or Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...? A concept album or two? Politics, but not backpack style, rather more or less like Mosh (with good lyrics).

Instead, rap is all about how much cheese I'm wielding, who I've fu*ked, and how many times I've been shot.

schnooopy

Last edited by snoopamd; 01-07-2005 at 08:22 PM..

15 years ago '04        #156
kc10785 
space
space
$4,362   Props total: 273 273
all i need to say sh*t is not that great its just another cd for my collection i give it a 3 i listen to the whole cd best track is "dreams" produce by kanye west

Last edited by kc10785; 01-07-2005 at 09:09 PM..

01-07-2005, 09:10 PM         #157
jmt12856 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
4 mics

album is hot, really suprised me, production is extremely good and game was decent lyrically. who is this jeff bhasker? his beat is dope as hell

15 years ago '04        #158
dummyinacan  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,775   Props total: 1 1
 snoopamd said
but Em's verse is straight trash, as usual. Dude -- move on! fu*ker can't quit talking about k*lling, p*nises, and the law. It's so, like, five minutes ago.
holy sh*t....please....PLEASEEEEE hear eminems verse again...he murderED AND r*peD thats song!

15 years ago '04        #159
snoopamd 
space
space
space
$245   Props total: 0 0
 dummyinacan said
holy sh*t....please....PLEASEEEEE hear eminems verse again...he murderED AND r*peD thats song!
Yeah, OK, so the rhymes are slick, but the content is overplayed. "murdered" and "Raped" exactly. How many times do we need to hear about him sticking a p*nis up someone's a*s, or opening up his head with a hatchet.

snopopopopop

01-07-2005, 09:41 PM         #160
beansy 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
Aight, I really don't know much about Game, or could really care. He's on Aftermath, he claims he's trying to bring back the west, so I gave this album a listen. On my fourth listen now, sh*t is straight fire. Production wise, easily tops anything from 2004. Lyrically though, only a few songs on point. Rest are fairly generic. Plus, this sounds nothing like any westcoast album I've ever heard, lyrically OR production wise. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just kinda false advertisement for anyone who thought it would be something that it isn't. All adds up to a 4/5 for me. Pretty nice coming from someone who had no expectations whatsoever.

15 years ago '04        #161
tmed834  5 heat pts5
space
space
$1,448   Props total: 96 96
Em k*lled that track......................i was like whooooa

01-07-2005, 10:07 PM         #162
Dooper 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
Yeah n*gga ^^ That was totally unexpected.. Em is a beast

15 years ago '04        #163
ABSOLUTE STYLE 
space
space
$1,877   Props total: 2 2
...album is sick...and detox is supposed to come out the year [hopefully]

15 years ago '04        #164
jusdre2 
space
space
space
$465   Props total: 2 2
its fire its better than i thought it would b

15 years ago '04        #165
Franchyze 
space
space
space
$1,139   Props total: 0 0
Its a pretty solid album I give it a 4.5 Classic, I dont know gotta let it breath. It is one of the best commercial west coast albums I heard in a while though besides Xzibit.

15 years ago '04        #166
ZiMMie 
space
space
space
$275   Props total: 20 20
2.5/5. Wack Lyrics!!!!

01-07-2005, 11:53 PM         #167
grd601 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
If this album is a 5...Nas is a 10. It's a good album, but it ain't no classic. Hip-hop is so diluted these days, when someone comes with an album that is half decent, people be calling it a classic. I blame that on too much BS in the rap game. Mase, Chingy, and whoever u can think of that has a lot to say...but ain't say sh!t.

15 years ago '04        #168
rjayasin 
space
space
space
$981   Props total: 21 21
 dummyinacan said
i dont think u listened to the album well if thats all u got from his lyrics....
^^^I gotta agree with you. Yah, he does drop names a lot but on this album there is a lot of content in the lyrics and people don't hear that then they are just not listening hard enough. And i hate when people say he can't talk about Easy just cos he didnt know him....so now you can't mention someone if you didnt personally know them? come on....stop the hate....

01-08-2005, 12:26 AM         #169
t-man20001 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
why didnt em spit like that on his album?

15 years ago '04        #170
JoeyAvalanche  1 heat pts1
space
space
$2,854   Props total: 194 194
I was seriously waiting on another watered down G-Unit album and seriously tried to get into the Game beforehand but there is 2 words for this album....
Ba - nanas!

Pretty much every song is crazy, Just Blaze is the best producer out right now i think, that No More Fun And Games is bullsh*t!!!

And if ur hatin on Game's lyrics sayin they weak check out his last verse on no more fun and games where he rappin bout 3 years 2 months 45 days......

Best line so far is "I used to move birdies till i put a hole in one"

01-08-2005, 03:28 AM         #171
jmt12856 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
after a few listens, the lyrics do seem pretty lame and the name drops get really annoying, but the beats are still bangin, so my rating is 3.5

01-08-2005, 04:45 AM         #172
ThaEVilGEniuS 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
pretty good album..we ain't and special are the best tracks imo..lyrically hot too

15 years ago '04        #173
Kiss The Stick  1 heat pts1
space
space
$7,337   Props total: 32 32
 ABSOLUTE STYLE said
...album is sick...and detox is supposed to come out the year [hopefully]
haahahahahahahahahahaahahaaa...
dre would proberbly shelve his own damn album :D

15 years ago '04        #174
basuta1 
space
space
$103   Props total: 4 4
a decent album with the production being firee..bt tht dnt make an album a classic...put any rapper over these beats an ul hav a hot album.
production wise = 5/5
lyrics = 2/5
overall =3.5

01-08-2005, 08:42 AM         #175
capostatus23 
space
space
space
$n/a   Props total:  
it's straight

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+89online now  44
Image(s) inside Oct 21 - Black Wallstreet Trending - 1921 Tulsa Massacre
163 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+31online now  40
Video inside Oct 21 - Fox News Asks Wrong Random Guy A Question (video)
18 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  34
Image(s) inside Official Halloween Dope costume Thread ! 👻👹😈&#..
49 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Oct 21 - Downtown Miami Chooses Feces Over Helping Homeless
114 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy