Cavs golden voice is drinking again

most viewed right now
 61
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 42
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
6566 pageviews
95 comments


bkid 126 heat pts126
space
avatar space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 4542 4542
Cavs golden voice is drinking again
 

 

[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]

 http://www.washingtontime .. -williams-cel/

Ted Williams' Daughter: My Dad is Drinking Again
Homeless Radio Announcer Says He's Sober, Has Altercation with Daughter that Leads to Police Questioning


(AP) LOS ANGELES - A trip to Hollywood for appearances on "Dr. Phil" and "Entertainment Tonight" got off to a rough start for an Ohio homeless man whose golden voice has made him an Internet sensation.

A disturbance report was made after Ted Williams and his daughter got into a heated argument Monday at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa.

"It was minor. Both parties were angry but there were no signs of visible abuse," Los Angeles police Officer Catherine Massey said Tuesday. She said the two "were brought in, calmed down, talked to and released" and she did not know the nature of the argument.

Williams and his daughter were held at the Hollywood police station for less than an hour and they were not arrested, Massey said.

She declined to name Williams' daughter, but a statement from "Entertainment Tonight" identified her as Janey Williams.

(Scroll down to watch Williams on "The Early Show" last week)

Ted Williams told ET in a Tuesday night show that it was a family gathering that got out of control.

"I wanted to bring it to a close by just saying 'shut the hell up and let me talk to your mother.' When that was said out of my mouth my daughter exploded, just erupted into this jump up in my face type of thing, fists started flying, none of which were mine, none of which were mine, but it could have escalated to the point where it could have gotten really ugly. So in the process of doing that, I got scratched on my face," he told ET.

Janey Williams told ET she was angry because her father, a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, had resumed drinking.

"He has consumed at least a bottle of Gray Goose a night. That's not including the Coronas he ordered, that's not including the Budweisers he ordered, the other alcohol, the wines. He drinks heavily," she said.

Ted Williams denied to ET that he had been drinking.

It was not known whether the two returned to the hotel next to the Hollywood Boulevard home of the Academy Awards presentation.

"Due to guest privacy laws, we don't share details of our guests or their stays," said Dan Shaughnessy, director of sales and marketing for the Renaissance.

Williams flew into town to tape appearances on TV's "Dr. Phil" show and "Entertainment Tonight."

"Entertainment Tonight" covered his meeting with voiceover actors at a Screen Actors Guild Foundation sound studio who offered to help Williams become a guild member voiceover artist, according to a show statement.

The two-part "Dr. Phil" episode was taped over the weekend to air Tuesday and Wednesday. On the Wednesday segment, Williams meets with his ex-wife, Patricia, and five of his nine children, according to a statement from the show.

"In this emotional reunion, Williams talks openly with his family about the man he is today, the influences that threaten his sobriety and what his children can expect from him in the future. His children respond in a very raw and candid manner," the statement said.

"Everyone is pulling for Ted, but his 15 minutes are going to be over and then he'll be left to manage a life filled with temptation," host Phil McGraw said. "We're going to try and help him prepare for that because it would be a real tragedy if he did not make the most of this extraordinary second chance."

Williams, 53, trained to be a radio announcer but found his life derailed by drugs and alcohol in the 1990s. He has served time in prison for theft and forgery and has been cited with numerous misdemeanors, including drug abuse.

Williams became famous almost overnight after The Columbus Dispatch newspaper posted a Web video of him last week. Viewers were enthralled to hear a deep, honeyed professional voice coming from the shabbily dressed man.

Since then, he has done a TV commercial for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, appeared on various news shows, recorded voiceover promos for cable news and was offered an announcing job with the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team.

Although he says he has been clean for more than two years, the recovering addict has acknowledged that it has been challenging dealing with sudden fame.

"I wanted a nerve pill yesterday, to be honest with you," he told CBS on Friday.




cavs lost image

95 comments for "Cavs golden voice is drinking again"

 7 years ago '05        #2
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$47,180 | Props total: 11743 11743
Shuda never gave this n*gga money
 7 years ago '04        #3
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
You know Dr. Drew is gonna scoop him up for Celebrity Rehab
 7 years ago '08        #4
coltraver 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,427 | Props total: 25 25
 bkid said:
Ted Williams' Daughter: My Dad is Drinking Again
Homeless Radio Announcer Says He's Sober, Has Altercation with Daughter that Leads to Police Questioning


(AP) LOS ANGELES - A trip to Hollywood for appearances on "Dr. Phil" and "Entertainment Tonight" got off to a rough start for an Ohio homeless man whose golden voice has made him an Internet sensation.

A disturbance report was made after Ted Williams and his daughter got into a heated argument Monday at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa.

"It was minor. Both parties were angry but there were no signs of visible abuse," Los Angeles police Officer Catherine Massey said Tuesday. She said the two "were brought in, calmed down, talked to and released" and she did not know the nature of the argument.

Williams and his daughter were held at the Hollywood police station for less than an hour and they were not arrested, Massey said.

She declined to name Williams' daughter, but a statement from "Entertainment Tonight" identified her as Janey Williams.

(Scroll down to watch Williams on "The Early Show" last week)

Ted Williams told ET in a Tuesday night show that it was a family gathering that got out of control.

"I wanted to bring it to a close by just saying 'shut the hell up and let me talk to your mother.' When that was said out of my mouth my daughter exploded, just erupted into this jump up in my face type of thing, fists started flying, none of which were mine, none of which were mine, but it could have escalated to the point where it could have gotten really ugly. So in the process of doing that, I got scratched on my face," he told ET.

Janey Williams told ET she was angry because her father, a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, had resumed drinking.

"He has consumed at least a bottle of Gray Goose a night. That's not including the Coronas he ordered, that's not including the Budweisers he ordered, the other alcohol, the wines. He drinks heavily," she said.

Ted Williams denied to ET that he had been drinking.

It was not known whether the two returned to the hotel next to the Hollywood Boulevard home of the Academy Awards presentation.

"Due to guest privacy laws, we don't share details of our guests or their stays," said Dan Shaughnessy, director of sales and marketing for the Renaissance.

Williams flew into town to tape appearances on TV's "Dr. Phil" show and "Entertainment Tonight."

"Entertainment Tonight" covered his meeting with voiceover actors at a Screen Actors Guild Foundation sound studio who offered to help Williams become a guild member voiceover artist, according to a show statement.

The two-part "Dr. Phil" episode was taped over the weekend to air Tuesday and Wednesday. On the Wednesday segment, Williams meets with his ex-wife, Patricia, and five of his nine children, according to a statement from the show.

"In this emotional reunion, Williams talks openly with his family about the man he is today, the influences that threaten his sobriety and what his children can expect from him in the future. His children respond in a very raw and candid manner," the statement said.

"Everyone is pulling for Ted, but his 15 minutes are going to be over and then he'll be left to manage a life filled with temptation," host Phil McGraw said. "We're going to try and help him prepare for that because it would be a real tragedy if he did not make the most of this extraordinary second chance."

Williams, 53, trained to be a radio announcer but found his life derailed by drugs and alcohol in the 1990s. He has served time in prison for theft and forgery and has been cited with numerous misdemeanors, including drug abuse.

Williams became famous almost overnight after The Columbus Dispatch newspaper posted a Web video of him last week. Viewers were enthralled to hear a deep, honeyed professional voice coming from the shabbily dressed man.

Since then, he has done a TV commercial for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, appeared on various news shows, recorded voiceover promos for cable news and was offered an announcing job with the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team.

Although he says he has been clean for more than two years, the recovering addict has acknowledged that it has been challenging dealing with sudden fame.

"I wanted a nerve pill yesterday, to be honest with you," he told CBS on Friday.




cavs lost
 01-12-2011, 12:32 PM         #5
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bring on the Hookers. fall back from grace again my friends. drugs and booze will save you! join us!
 7 years ago '09        #6
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
avatar space
space
$48,997 | Props total: 22291 22291
it was all good just a week ago
 7 years ago '07        #7
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,551 | Props total: 1166 1166
Really....Really

they blessed this man with all that and he couldnt atleast wait a month
 7 years ago '05        #8
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12554 12554
"Don't disappoint me"


n*gga couldn't even honor his mothers wishes for a week..
 7 years ago '05        #9
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
Big surprise.
 7 years ago '05        #10
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$11,523 | Props total: 1690 1690
gah this thread shut me up :(
 7 years ago '05        #11
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
when he said he had been sober for 2 yrs or whatever me and my brother both said just bcause he has no money...and now has alittle money and well the temptation is there. Wouldnt be suprised if he was back on the street in few months sad but theres already smoke
 7 years ago '05        #12
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12554 12554
^been sober from drugs, not alcohol.. cheap liquor cost no more than 2-3 bucks, you know that n*gga was drinking heavily..
 7 years ago '05        #13
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
avatar space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
Love that show
 7 years ago '06        #14
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
The vultures need to try to help the guy out instead of waiting for him to fail

This society sucks, especially the hollywood part of it
 7 years ago '05        #15
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$10,837 | Props total: 9768 9768
working for the cavs makes not only the players but the announcers want to drink
 7 years ago '09        #16
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
avatar space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
I think a lot of comments are coming from a misinformed and unaware perspective. I saw this on one of them morning shows today & he had an interview and he looked far from a man that was dishelved or started using & abusing again and I definitely know how that goes b/c I have family experience with that sh1t.

One of dude's daughters ran up on him with a camera, talking about checks, talking about exposing him and a whole lot of nonsense. She even admits she hit dude in the interview they had on her and the way she was talking and retelling what happened you could tell there was a sense of bitterness in there. Who wouldn't be bitter after your dad abandons you for over 20 yrs then gets rich overnight & you still at where you at and it's not the best place.

People just hate to see a good story. Dude wasn't even charged with anything. And his other family (nxgga got like 8 kids with diff women) said the total opposite of the daughter who hit him. I think this was just a result of 1 bad seed.

It would definitely be disappointing if he did return to old habits with these new chances. You got to think that this is all a lot for dude too in just 1 day, 1 week. whatever the case may be. People just need to let it play out though. Title is misleading though. No proof of that.
 7 years ago '09        #17
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,394 | Props total: 632 632
 Rufus The Stunt said:
You know Dr. Drew is gonna scoop him up for Celebrity Rehab
Was gona say the same thing... His 15 minutes ain't up yet... But 9 kids and this dude was livin on the streets... My lord... Id like to meet the chix he impregnated
 7 years ago '06        #18
banga 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$31,362 | Props total: 5601 5601
 beantown said:
The vultures need to try to help the guy out instead of waiting for him to fail

This society sucks, especially the hollywood part of it
word.

he needs support just like any other recovering addict. I hope he gets it together.
 7 years ago '05        #19
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$23,924 | Props total: 11287 11287
Damn...flash ahead a few years dude is going to be back on that corner, and that is going to be the saddest s**t ever.
 01-12-2011, 02:19 PM         #20
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown said:
The vultures need to try to help the guy out instead of waiting for him to fail

This society sucks, especially the hollywood part of it
i can not f**king believe this

we agree 1000%
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 16
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 9
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 6
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy