Did you like hip hop fashion better in the early 2000s or do you prefer it now?

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #21
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,345 | Props total: 390 390
 liquidswords85 said:
i have this book called the wu-tang manual (written by rza) and there's a section on the 'proper rocking of gear'. rza says pants must be at least size 38 no matter how skinny you are, and tops must be at least xxl. lol, i kinda wish rap went back to that. bring back the grimey s**t

i agree. it suits rappers. it's kind of hard to take a rapper talking tough seriously when they got on an xs shirt and some skinny jeans.
 7 years ago '05        #22
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1232 1232
 young moolah said:
i agree. it suits rappers. it's kind of hard to take a rapper talking tough seriously when they got on an xs shirt and some skinny jeans.
Yea the funny thing is a couple days ago on my facebook one of my lil cousins said the same thing and she is 17 "It is hard for me to take you serious when your wearing a tight polo shirt skinny jeans and a snapback, that aint gangsta so stop acting like it"... s**t had me on the floor... but that is how girls look at these cats also
 7 years ago '10        #23
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,469 | Props total: 6386 6386
my n*gga fab had on tha skinny jeans n tha cant deny it video

baggy look was obviously better..now a days hiphop is just stealing everyone elses identity..my cuzzin and his friend made the switch to dressing like that around 03 04 and ill neva forget how much ppl use to clown them...we use to call it tha techno look coz all you'd need iz sum glow sticks and u fit the image..i understand the skinny jeans and fitted clothes is more acceptable in society bcuz u look less thuggish and more presentable...but its lame now coz everyones doin it..i memba ridin the train n seein a bunch of n*ggas n averexes and champion hoodies and if u goin downtown..u might spot that one black dude who dressed white
 7 years ago '10        #24
renothebest 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 0 0
hiphop trend now and no1 in hiphop really wears skinny jeans except for wayne and tyga and a few others

its all about fitted clothing.. you look much more presentable especially to these older folks you won't look like a goon lol
 7 years ago '10        #25
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,318 | Props total: 8304 8304
I like todays fashion better. As a lean muscular ni99a I just like tighter fitting clothes better. But I switch up the tighter clothes with looser clothing sometimes cuz I'm fashionably versatile.

Sometimes for me its a hoodie, fitted and skinny jeans or looser jeans, ACGS or Tims and a t shirt with a skully or skinny jeans, button down, slip ons or nice shoes etc
 7 years ago '05        #26
slanger55 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,616 | Props total: 889 889
i hate f**king skinny jeans and smedium shirts.

im still good with some jeans a hoody and some classic tims
 7 years ago '07        #27
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Mercury said:
i like it better now for the following reasons

1.) hip hop fashion was about the "thug look" for the longest time. And its kinda hard being a surburban cat but wanting to fit in with the hip hop look...but it don't necessarily look right on you because you aren't thuggish in the least bit.
2.)Back then, it was ALL about the brand. Whether it was the Tommy Hilfiger era, to the rocawear and all that era...it was exclusively about the brand. And with the brand, comes a price tag. I remember breaking my pockets to have iceberg. Now that its almost corny to rock "brands" you can make a fit from anywhere. You can go somewhere and get something inexpensive and as long as the fit of it is correct, and the quality is good, and the kicks is on point, then you straight.
3.)right now, you gotta rely on creativity. you can't use brands to "save" you anymore. Right now is where the lines are being drawn between those with fashion sense and those who dont.

Me personally, I take some of the stuff I like from the 90s, and kinda update it for now. Wallabee's was huge when wu was really poppin, so i copped them for now. I like the old school nautica jackets from back in the day, so I might get one now...just not in the 4xl sizes I used to have in the past.
Yessir, to the "T" my friend
 7 years ago '05        #28
STILLH.A.C.K. 
space
space
$3,237 | Props total: 2 2
 KeithHernandez said:
I still dress like it's '94, '95. Don't you let me find a Helly Hansen jacket I like. Don't you dare!

Either way, things weren't silly baggy until about 2005/2006 when kids were doing the 4X Tall tees from Foot Locker dirty.
 7 years ago '10        #29
Livin Life 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,855 | Props total: 2787 2787
I wear skinny jeans and small/medium shirts only because I'm a VERY skinny a.ss n*gga

[pic - click to view]

That's how most of my clothes fit on me (and yes that is me)

I can't believe that huge s**t I was rockin' in 2006 and before lol
 7 years ago '04        #30
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
right b..im 6 ft. 150...

wear size L in shirts, M if they run big nohomo, XL in jackets/sweaters etc.

size 33x34 or 34x34 jeans

which is what fits...no bunched/gathered up jeans in the front nohomo.

in the past i still used to wear 34x34 but the cuts were way more baggy. lol one of the pairs of school/work pants I had was 36x34..lmmfao

and i used to wear 3XL shirts/jackets. smh

Last edited by Kalon; 01-16-2011 at 01:54 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #31
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
i like it better now because you see slightly more individuality these days..but only slightly.
 01-16-2011, 03:10 PM         #32
1973a  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Last edited by 1973a; 08-27-2011 at 01:28 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #33
DoctahJay 
space
space
$173 | Props total: 0 0
Word, those just look like 514s to me.

I like my jeans skinny too, because it just looks cleaner to me.

I'm kind of a big dude, and I feel like baggy clothes on larger people just looks atrocious. I cop my jeans skinny (I call it slim, but I guess most view them as skinny) and my shirts just fitted.
 7 years ago '07        #34
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 1124 1124
I dont see how yall n*ggas can rock those skinny jeans for real. Im a skinny n*gga ,6'3 190 coped a pair of Levi 505's and I cant even f**k wit those. Had my nuts like s**ts are made uncmfortable to me.
 01-25-2011, 08:40 PM         #35
Fcuk Boy Music  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip Hop rap is all about Bag by Louie, Shoes by Gucci, Belt by Hermes, Loafs/Slip on by Loubatin
 01-25-2011, 11:07 PM         #36
Fcuk Boy Music  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
6'3" and 190 is not skinny...thats average build...like a college qb

I know dudes 6'4" and 6'5" thats 140 - 150. now thats skinny
 7 years ago '05        #37
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
90's fashion>>>>>>>>>>>>>

90's hip hop fashion was so dope....it was so street, I love checking out my old Source magazines from the 90's and just looking at what they rock

Last edited by Gravediggaz; 01-26-2011 at 01:22 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #38
Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
Prefer it now..
 7 years ago '06        #39
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,103 | Props total: 18987 18987
 slanger55 said:
i hate f**king skinny jeans and smedium shirts.

im still good with some jeans a hoody and some classic tims
that's exactly how I'm dressed now...

90's gear and style>>>>>
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy