Buying beers at Qwest Field smh

most viewed right now
 69
Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 63
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 61
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 40
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
 illicitx said:
I'm asking you the same question. Based on news reports and direct information posted on Qwest Field's website, the vendor sells alcohol in two ounce amounts, 16 and 20. These are labeled medium and large. Why would they create shorter wider 20 oz cups for any reason? Both the medium and large cup contained 20 oz. If any company were to do an action for the purpose of ripping people off and raking in cake profits, wouldn't both cups equate to the lower oz amount? Both cups hold 20 ounces. People could have purchased the medium and saved the $1.25, but they weren't shorted any ounces by purchasing the large. They simply paid the full purchase price. It just looks like a simple mistake to me by the company who runs alcohol sales (Levy Restaurants) at Qwest field.
Either way, someone is still being ripped off. You're not helping your case.
 01-11-2011, 02:10 PM         #82
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klew said:
The good people at Qwest Field would want you to believe you were getting a deal. You're saying both the large and small cup hold 20 ounces, and everyone buying the smaller cup is getting a deal. However, not everyone is buying the smaller cup. So even if they're getting their 20 ounces buying the larger cup, they believe they're getting more than someone buying a smaller cup, and they're not. It's not any different than both cups small and large simply holding 16 ounces. The beers are overpriced anyway so they'll gladly give you the 20 ounces in both cups, but they're tricking people in believing they're paying more for something they're not.

I think you can agree to this.
Yes, both the medium and large cups hold 20 ounces. The medium IS suppose to 16 ounces. I agree with you in direct correlation that people buying the large could of purchased the medium for the lower price, but do you see any intent by a company to give away four free ounces by paying $1.25 less? Look at it from a financial perspective. If you are giving away 20 ounces on each purchase, wouldn't you take the option of giving four ounces less when people paid $1.25 less?
 7 years ago '04        #83
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
 illicitx said:
Yes, both the medium and large cups hold 20 ounces. The medium IS suppose to 16 ounces. I agree with you in direct correlation that people buying the large could of purchased the medium for the lower price, but do you see any intent by a company to give away four free ounces by paying $1.25 less? Look at it from a financial perspective. If you are giving away 20 ounces on each purchase, wouldn't you take the option of giving four ounces less when people paid $1.25 less?
Still not making sense. You just said both cups hold 20 ounces, so how could they be "giving away" 4 free ounces or four ounces less either way?
 01-11-2011, 02:12 PM         #84
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
That's exactly what I was thinking, but Illicit started changing it up talking about they charge the same for 20 oz as the 16 oz only in the playoffs, but he never addressed why the cups hold the same amount of liquid. The only way he would be making any sense is if Qwest Field admitted to creating a slightly different shaped cup that holds the same amount of liquid. In no ecosystem would this be considered sound business, so I'd call bulls**t in that regard. He's just as retarded as I thought
They did it for the playoffs because the video surfaced and was "brought to their attention". Qwest field doesn't even sell the alcohol. That is contracted to an outside vendor (Levy Restaurants).
 01-11-2011, 02:13 PM         #85
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
Still not making sense. You just said both cups hold 20 ounces, so how could they be "giving away" 4 free ounces or four ounces less either way?
Wow man, are you dumb? Both cups hold 20 ounces. Medium is ADVERTISED as 16 ounces.
 7 years ago '04        #86
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
 illicitx said:
Wow man, are you dumb? Both cups hold 20 ounces. Medium is ADVERTISED as 16 ounces.
But you're saying they charged more for the large in the regular season. That's what I don't get. You're still trying to defend that, somehow. But whatever, I really don't care.
 7 years ago '05        #87
klew 227 heat pts227 OP
space
avatar space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
 illicitx said:
Yes, both the medium and large cups hold 20 ounces. The medium IS suppose to 16 ounces. I agree with you in direct correlation that people buying the large could of purchased the medium for the lower price, but do you see any intent by a company to give away four free ounces by paying $1.25 less? Look at it from a financial perspective. If you are giving away 20 ounces on each purchase, wouldn't you take the option of giving four ounces less when people paid $1.25 less?
Not free ounces, the beers are overpriced, and they're hoping you'll be duped into wanting "more beer for your money". Every small sold is cool, but every large sold is a win for them, and a loss for the customer. If you were selling the beer, wouldn't you shake your head at anyone who bought the large when they could have gotten the same amount of beer just buying the small? And now that's it's out there they can come out and say "we're giving the customers more on the small by accident". These are specially designed cups, you think they're really gonna f**k something like this up on accident? It's not like they're using any ol cup that doesn't have their logo on each one


Last edited by klew; 01-11-2011 at 02:23 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #88
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
avatar space
space
$37,004 | Props total: 1321 1321
@ This illicitx dude
 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM         #89
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
But you're saying they charged more for the large in the regular season. That's what I don't get. You're still trying to defend that, somehow. But whatever, I really don't care.
This thread simply contained a video of two drunk idiots pouring beer back and forth in cups. It contained no information. I thought the same thing at first, until I did a bit of research.

If you honestly think that a corporation purposely adjusted their medium sized cup to contain the same ounce amount as the large, than there is no purpose in this argument continuing forward. This mistake was simply in favor of the consumer. There was no intent behind the company for this.

And the vendor decided to charge the medium price during the playoffs for all 20 oz drinks due to the confusion. During the regular season, the price structure is exactly what we are debating right now....people purchasing medium paid $1.25 less but still got 20 ounces...4 ounces more than advertised.
 01-11-2011, 02:24 PM         #90
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klew said:
Not free ounces, the beers are overpriced, and they're hoping you'll be duped into wanting "more beer for your money". Every small sold is cool, but every large sold is a win for them, and a loss for the customer. If you were selling the beer, wouldn't you shake your head at anyone who bought the large when they could have gotten the same amount of beer just buying the small? And now that's it's out there they can come out and say "we're giving the customers more on the small by accident". These are specially designed cups, you think they're really gonna f**k something like this up on accident? It's not like they're using any ol cup that doesn't have their logo on each one
I'd be shaking my head if the ounce size for the large was less than advertised. Mutha f**kas got what they paid for. Simple as that.
 7 years ago '05        #91
klew 227 heat pts227 OP
space
avatar space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
illicitx works for Qwest Field
 01-11-2011, 02:26 PM         #92
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klew said:
illicitx works for Qwest Field
No, I'm just majoring in business, and I'm sure a lot of other people on boxden majored or have experience in the same field.

This cup size mistake in no shape or form helped the corporation, only the consumer. And I absolutely agree, beers at stadiums are overpriced.
 7 years ago '05        #93
klew 227 heat pts227 OP
space
avatar space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
 illicitx said:
No, I'm just majoring in business, and I'm sure a lot of other people on boxden majored or have experience in the same field.

This cup size mistake in no shape or form helped the corporation, only the consumer. And I absolutely agree, beers at stadiums are overpriced.
I'm gonna sell you a beer (20 ounces), and charge you $8.25 for it. I got this small right here that's also 20 ounces, but I'll just tell you it's 16 ounces, and that one is $7.00. Which would you like, sir? The small for $7.00, or do you wanna give me the $1.25 extra for the same s**t?
 01-11-2011, 02:38 PM         #94
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klew said:
I'm gonna sell you a beer (20 ounces), and charge you $8.25 for it. I got this small right here that's also 20 ounces, but I'll just tell you it's 16 ounces, and that one is $7.00. Which would you like, sir? The small for $7.00, or do you wanna give me the $1.25 extra for the same s**t?
I'll take the medium for $7.00 for 16 ounces..oh what's this? 4 ounces for free? sucka!
 7 years ago '07        #95
theFREAK 3685 heat pts3685
space
avatar space
space
$53,744 | Props total: 38636 38636
 klew said:
illicitx works for Qwest Field
 7 years ago '05        #96
klew 227 heat pts227 OP
space
avatar space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
 illicitx said:
I'll take the medium for $7.00 for 16 ounces..oh what's this? 4 ounces for free? sucka!
What you continue to miss though is that you don't want 16 ounces, you want 20. So you pay the extra $1.25, but could have gotten it with the small. Checkmate.
 7 years ago '04        #97
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
 illicitx said:
I'll take the medium for $7.00 for 16 ounces..oh what's this? 4 ounces for free? sucka!
You're still not saying much. Someone is still being ripped off. A consumer could then argue that they shouldn't have to pay more for their large beer than the guy paying for the medium. And if it's a genuine mistake, it should be fixed the proper way. Either change the cups or change the prices.
 7 years ago '05        #98
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 klew said:
What you continue to miss though is that you don't want 16 ounces, you want 20. So you pay the extra $1.25, but could have gotten it with the small. Checkmate.
Exactly the point he is not understanding.
 01-11-2011, 02:50 PM         #99
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klew said:
What you continue to miss though is that you don't want 16 ounces, you want 20. So you pay the extra $1.25, but could have gotten it with the small. Checkmate.
Oh, so you gave me what you advertised? 20 ounces at $8.25? And where did you get your term small from? They use medium and large.
 01-11-2011, 02:52 PM         #100
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
You're still not saying much. Someone is still being ripped off. A consumer could then argue that they shouldn't have to pay more for their large beer than the guy paying for the medium. And if it's a genuine mistake, it should be fixed the proper way. Either change the cups or change the prices.
Your argument is that consumers making the large purchase, could have saved the $1.25 by making the medium purchase.

What I'm saying is that this mistake was not predetermined to rip people off, a corporation would never rip off in a sense where they making a "ILLUSION MEDIUM CUP" to hold the same amount of ounces as a large. That is throwing money away. Literally.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 18
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy