Jan 9 - Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
6061 pageviews
108 comments

Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
Jan 9 - Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans

[pic - click to view]

STANFORD, Calif.--President Obama is planning to hand the U.S. Commerce Department authority over a forthcoming cybersecurity effort to create an Internet ID for Americans, a White House official said here today.

It's "the absolute perfect spot in the U.S. government" to centralize efforts toward creating an "identity ecosystem" for the Internet, White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt said.

That news, first reported by CNET, effectively pushes the department to the forefront of the issue, beating out other potential candidates, including the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. The move also is likely to please privacy and civil-liberties groups that have raised concerns in the past over the dual roles of police and intelligence agencies.

The announcement came at an event today at the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, where U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke and Schmidt spoke.

The Obama administration is currently drafting what it's calling the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace, which Locke said will be released by the president in the next few months. (An early version was publicly released last summer.)

"We are not talking about a national ID card," Locke said at the Stanford event. "We are not talking about a government-controlled system. What we are talking about is enhancing online security and privacy, and reducing and perhaps even eliminating the need to memorize a dozen passwords, through creation and use of more trusted digital identities."

The Commerce Department will be setting up a national program office to work on this project, Locke said.

Details about the "trusted identity" project are remarkably scarce. Last year's announcement referenced a possible forthcoming smart card or digital certificate that would prove that online users are who they say they are. These digital IDs would be offered to consumers by online vendors for financial transactions.

[pic - click to view]

Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans - Tech Talk - CBS News

108 comments for "Jan 9 - Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans"

01-09-2011, 01:42 AM         #2
killya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
get this piece of s**t out of office
 7 years ago '06        #3
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,366 | Props total: 5626 5626
f**k that s**t broham.
 7 years ago '04        #4
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194 OP
space
space
 stitch said:
You need to lay off that crystal if you think that's ever going to happen. Immediately.

Russia, China, Japan... These n*ggas woulda been tried and failed at that sh!t by now.

That is..... Unless they haven't already done so already in private. Including America.
An attack on freedom is just that, regardless of the time frame.

I'm sure the IT monopolies will jump on board with this.

Another step towards Web 2.0
 7 years ago '04        #5
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194 OP
space
space
Is this REALLY the best BS answer they could come up with?

"We are not talking about a national ID card," Locke said at the Stanford event. "We are not talking about a government-controlled system. What we are talking about is enhancing online security and privacy and reducing and perhaps even eliminating the need to memorize a dozen passwords, through creation and use of more trusted digital identities."
 01-09-2011, 03:48 AM         #6
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sounds like bad news bears. and then I read the quote in Screwheads post and i got even more frightened.
 7 years ago '06        #7
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 18813 18813
n*ggas got upset quick!

don't f**k wit cats' internet....oh no, not that....take their ability to f**king have access to good food, earn a living or have a formal education, but don't f**k wit the web!!!

you n*ggas k!ll me...
 7 years ago '08        #8
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,470 | Props total: 562 562
 RAZAH CUTS said:
n*ggas got upset quick!

don't f**k wit cats' internet....oh no, not that....take their ability to f**king have access to good food, earn a living or have a formal education, but don't f**k wit the web!!!

you n*ggas k!ll me...
What you mean n*gga?

I'm still mad about all them pigs being buried alive. You know how much bacon that was??

7 years ago '04        #9
young_al 
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 88 88
I said this president has 2 minds a white and black brain. This nothing more than 1984 control over
internet because its to much quality infomation that can reach the mainstream. Obama fix the education system or create more jobs. Leave the internet alone. This makes me question why is Obama targeting the internet so he and the government can know who said what? He trying to keep tabs on internet activity that's all in case of a major internet political revolution. The internet is very powerful tool if used correctly just look at Obama's facebook account.

Lets Track IP adresses with this new internet ID then later charge a nice tax fee for internet usage

Obama to White House staff "well you know um we got all the Americans that don't like to pay for s**t on the internet so lets track these mf's make examples out of them and make a new internet tax bill. Better get ready for Internet 2 folks cause Obama acting like Frank Lucas in American Gangsta about his internet. Obama is head of the state!
 7 years ago '06        #10
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 Perfectibilist said:
You can tell that most of these guys are so anti-government that they don't even bother reading into things like this. They a.ssume that if it's from the govt. it must be bad. The replies in this thread are proof.
Can you give a good reason why the government needs to know who is doing and saying what on the internet? I honestly can't. Control like this won't be used responsibly by our government so why should they have it.
 01-09-2011, 10:21 AM         #11
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

All over again. Hell we let a s**t load of them move here and hide out.
 01-09-2011, 10:32 AM         #12
bornleader 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well the new laptop I have has biometric fingerprint scanning to log on..I mean how much more authentic can u get to validate ur identity? (besides DNA) This type of thing started a long time ago people..Browsing anonymous will be a thing of the past..Every move u make, every site u visit, every email you send, and every thing u buy online will be documented under your identity..Im not overreacting and I think this proves it

On a side note.. If you people think WikiLeaks was a coincidence ur mistaken..That was the false flag to push bills and actions like this one forward..They are doing all this monitoring in the name of "National Security" LMAO..Sure..They wanna make sure sites like WikiLeaks never happen again and they are going to invade and destroy everyone's privacy to do so..

Last edited by bornleader; 01-09-2011 at 10:35 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #13
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
 RAZAH CUTS said:
n*ggas got upset quick!

you n*ggas k!ll me...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RAZAH CUTS again.

while i agree with you, there should still be an uproar over this bulls**t too.
 7 years ago '04        #14
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
oh you mean kinda like an ip address like we already have
 01-09-2011, 10:53 AM         #15
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k that...i dont want the govt to know im into watching midgets smashing horses
 7 years ago '04        #16
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
 bornleader said:
On a side note.. If you people think WikiLeaks was a coincidence ur mistaken..That was the false flag to push bills and actions like this one forward..They are doing all this monitoring in the name of "National Security" LMAO..Sure..They wanna make sure sites like WikiLeaks never happen again and they are going to invade and destroy everyone's privacy to do so..
 7 years ago '04        #17
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 2410 2410
Does Obama not have anything better else to do????? Unemployment rate continues to skyrocket and people out there are struggling..... and he continues to emphasize focus on the internet???? What a lame f**k this guy is.....
 7 years ago '05        #18
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 d3athb4dishonor said:
What you mean n*gga?

I'm still mad about all them pigs being buried alive. You know how much bacon that was??

Didn't those pigs have Foot n Mouth disease?? Why would you want that bacon?
 7 years ago '10        #19
the mehecano 1 heat pts
space
space
$644 | Props total: 1 1
 DrX said:
f**k that...i dont want the govt to know im into watching midgets smashing horses

01-09-2011, 11:58 AM         #20
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Perfectibilist said:
You can tell that most of these guys are so anti-government that they don't even bother reading into things like this. They a.ssume that if it's from the govt. it must be bad. The replies in this thread are proof.
show me an example of something that the government created that ended up being a really super good thing to have happen. I'll wait.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy