Official Rare/Obcure/Underrated/NON-Mainstream Film thread.

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-27-2011, 10:11 AM         #321
phillyCANNON  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BADLANDS is very underrated
 01-27-2011, 10:22 AM         #322
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyways this is for recommendations, I don't give a two s**ts if someone wants to pms and not list ONE movie. Contribute or shut the f**k up, because I sure will.
 7 years ago '05        #323
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 smokeweed101. said:
Serpico is pretty well known but still underrated, same with Badlands. I didn't say I would list only films that few people know of, but the Leone spaghetti Westerns are a lot more popular.

The bolded should answer all your problems, I am not posting these films for a 'literate film circle' and majority here are from America.

Opinions, opinions.
Serpico & Badlands are hugely popular films. Are they The Sound of Music & Titanic? No, but they're widely viewed & heralded. Just like Once Upon A Time In The West & many films in this thread.

And how can it answer all my "problems" when Once Upon A Time In The West is a film that some people may not know, yet its posting somehow required chastisement?
You say you are not posting films for a literate film circle, but surely the objective is to share films of the standard accepted amongst such circles and perhaps even to form a literate film circle here, particularly to the exclusion of the regular Scarface-Boys in the Hood-Baby Boy bunch?

"Opinions, opinions" indeed; but when you have one opinion for yourself ("popular film of my choice is suitable for posting") and one opinion for others ("popular film of another's choice is not suitable for posting"), the thread veers from the well-intentioned to the self-serving.

Edit: as for your subsequent post, why would you rather mindless lists to film discussion? Film categorisation is important to film history, & central to this thread.
And if the thread's objective wasn't muddied then worthwhile contribution would be simpler.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034298/One film. The price of admission. :rolleyes:

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 01-27-2011 at 10:34 AM..
 01-27-2011, 05:47 PM         #324
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Anyways this is for recommendations, I don't give a two s**ts if someone wants to pms and not list ONE movie. Contribute or shut the f**k up, because I sure will.
This guy is a fruitcake. Obviously the thread is to help everyone who has overlooked some movies that don't get considered much or some hidden gems, etc.

"Once Upon A Time In The West" is for sure a well-known movie. You living under a rock?
 7 years ago '10        #325
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,350 | Props total: 8 8
 TheBallDontLie said:
This guy is a fruitcake. Obviously the thread is to help everyone who has overlooked some movies that don't get considered much or some hidden gems, etc.

"Once Upon A Time In The West" is for sure a well-known movie. You living under a rock?
exactly, misplaced egos? seriously? we all contributing kool a.ss movies...been a smooth ship so far
 7 years ago '10        #326
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
hey BALLDONTLIE you check out the city of men series yet??? great coming of age, buddy, feel good series...you should check it

[pic - click to view]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364801/
lemme know what ya think
 01-27-2011, 06:16 PM         #327
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do you have a link to the complete seasons?
 7 years ago '10        #328
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
Do you have a link to the complete seasons?
nah, i bought the dvd a few years back. got it in my collection. Do u use torrents?
 01-27-2011, 06:21 PM         #329
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 obscuro77 said:
nah, i bought the dvd a few years back. got it in my collection. Do u use torrents?
I use torrents or hotfile/megaupload.
 7 years ago '10        #330
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
I use torrents or hotfile/megaupload.
i just looked at piratebay, they had a few links
 7 years ago '05        #331
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:

I'm a "fruitcake" but you're stroking egos throughout the thread. Good one, Sherlock.

And "Serpico" is for sure a well-known movie. You living under a rock?

obscuro77 said:
exactly, misplaced egos? seriously? we all contributing kool a.ss movies...been a smooth ship so far
Woah, hold your horses there. Shouldn't you be begging for a "lil slack", hat in hand?

The price of admission:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046438/

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 01-27-2011 at 07:06 PM..
 01-27-2011, 07:19 PM         #332
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I'm a "fruitcake" but you're stroking egos throughout the thread. Good one, Sherlock.

Woah, hold your horses there. Shouldn't you be begging for a "lil slack", hat in hand?

The price of admission:
No egos in here besides yours ironically, the thread was pretty chill until you came in with your non sense.
Look in the mirror the only person in this thread poking out his chest for some odd reason is you.
 01-27-2011, 07:21 PM         #333
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tokyo Story is just as well known as Badlands, but it's a good movie, I am not losing sleep if someone posts Once Upon A Time In The West, it is one of my favorite movies and worth mentioning, as long as there isn't 5 straight pages of popular movies I could care less.
 7 years ago '05        #334
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:
No egos in here besides yours ironically, the thread was pretty chill until you came in with your non sense.
Look in the mirror the only person in this thread poking out his chest for some odd reason is you.
But "Serpico" is for sure a well-known movie. You living under a rock?

smokeweed101. said:
Tokyo Story is just as well known as Badlands, but it's a good movie, I am not losing sleep if someone posts Once Upon A Time In The West, it is one of my favorite movies and worth mentioning, as long as there isn't 5 straight pages of popular movies I could care less.
I think that's somewhat of a stretch. In literate film circles? Definitely. But, as you said, this is a largely North American site so it'd take some going for a 70s North American cult film to be bested in views by a 50s Japanese cult film.
And I actually thought Badlands was a good suggestion, I just didn't think Once Upon A Time In The West deserved chastisement if it, & the likes of Serpico, were deemed worthy of posting. It muddied the thread objective & undermined its likely good intention.

Price of admission:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040725/
 7 years ago '08        #335
flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3749 3749
whats the name of that movie where the white girls where f**king with the mexicans trying to be hard and they tried to run a train on one of the girls....
 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM         #336
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flix02 said:
whats the name of that movie where the white girls where f**king with the mexicans trying to be hard and they tried to run a train on one of the girls....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094608/
This?
 01-28-2011, 04:57 AM         #337
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just because a movie is made in America or in English doesn't mean much, Ozu and Mallick are both going to be underrated by the general public here and those that view ones films probably view the others.

Anyways in The Accused I am pretty sure the accused rapists were white.
 7 years ago '10        #338
OrlandoAnderson 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$235 | Props total: 0 0
four lions
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1341167/one of the funniest films ive ever seen
 7 years ago '10        #339
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:

The price of admission:
it was all light-hearted dude, i didn't take any offense to what smokeweed said, i see where you coming from but this thread has been pretty chill so far, i've had a great time watching great movies and posting stuff i've seen throughout the years that aren't run of the mill...
 7 years ago '10        #340
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 flix02 said:
with anne hathaway??? i think thats called havoc

[pic - click to view]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285175/
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy