Official Rare/Obcure/Underrated/NON-Mainstream Film thread.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #241
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,350 | Props total: 8 8
nice batch...taking em down
 7 years ago '05        #242
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
 obscuro77 said:
Beat Takeshi...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

screwball comedy...something a little different from kitano

[pic - click to view]

three short stories...good movie

[pic - click to view]

near masterpiece

[pic - click to view]

yakuza yarn...all well worth checking out from a fave director of mine
I was gonna post them up....sick movies!!! my favorite is Brother
 01-18-2011, 12:20 PM         #243
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bump, getting focused on school but I got much more waiting to list.

BDL and Obscuro what you two been viewing lately?
 01-18-2011, 12:28 PM         #244
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:

Lately i haven't been checking out under the radar movies since my friends and family been around.

Other than that sonning clowns on BX.
 7 years ago '10        #246
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 Gravediggaz said:
I was gonna post them up....sick movies!!! my favorite is Brother
brother was da shyt!!!!!
 7 years ago '10        #247
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:

rewatched barry lyndon last night, saw mad dog morgan the other day posted it, decent flick.

def check this aussie flick

[pic - click to view]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060255/
real real gangsta s**t this one check it

bout to check out that danish watchman you recommended smokeweed
 7 years ago '10        #248
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
havent heard of these going on my list...
 7 years ago '05        #249
space
space
 obscuro77 said:
havent heard of these going on my list...
yeah all Aussies movies....let me know if ya need links
 01-19-2011, 02:47 AM         #250
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

French Resistance activist Andre Devigny is imprisoned by the Nazis, and devotes his waking hours to planning an elaborate escape...
Armond White gave it a shouted out in his 127 hours review.
 7 years ago '10        #251
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 McGuire said:
the three DVDs I have from Netflix. i realized A Boy and His Dog was on instant immediately after they arrived.

[pic - click to view]

A suicidal, obsessive-compulsive Japanese librarian is forced to hide out with a pot-smoking Thai woman at her shabby beachside home.

[pic - click to view]

A scientist in a surrealist society kidnaps children to steal their dreams, hoping that they slow his aging process.

[pic - click to view]

A boy roams a postapocalyptic wasteland accompanied by his telepathic, ever-grumbling dog and eventually winds up in the clutches of a female-dominated underground society that wants his sperm.
props for last life in the universe...great s**t...heard of the city of lost children. i'll give it a look...

looking at boy and his dog
 7 years ago '10        #252
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 TheBallDontLie said:

[pic - click to view]

still on your french kick french cinema is extremely rich can't fault ya fam, i've been watching a ton of danish films lately
 01-20-2011, 02:34 AM         #253
phillyCANNON  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great thread! Not sure if some of these were already mentioned, but let me add a few:

[pic - click to view]

BLOW director, Ted Demme directed this underlooked movie with Dennis Leary. It's a slice of life about the Irish hoodlums in Boston's Charlestown.

[pic - click to view]

MESRINE: PUBLIC ENEMEY NO 1 and MESRINE: k!llER INSTINCT are the French answer to PUBLIC ENEMIES starring Vincent Cassel about an iconic true life gangster Jacques Mesrine.

[pic - click to view]

CHOPPER is one of my favorite movies of all time. Everything about it is pitch-perfect - it's a brilliant dark comedy and a terrific character study with Eric Bana giving an amazing performance.

[pic - click to view]

Totally badass flick that Keifer Sutherland directed about a drug deal gone wrong.

[pic - click to view]

NINTH CONFIGURATION is one of my favorite cult movies! It's about an abandoned castle that has been converted to a mental institution for Vietnam vets. Starring Stacey Keach, it's a crazy dark comedy by William Peter Blatty and in a way, the movie serves as a spin-off to his classic horror, THE EXORCIST.

[pic - click to view]

Michael Corrente's FEDERAL HILL is a great movie in the vein of MEAN STREETS! The original version is in black and white, and the color version is available as well.

[pic - click to view]

Tarantino was known to give birth to a lot of copycats and rip-off artists, but I love this movie.

[pic - click to view]

GODMONEY is an awesome movie I hardly ever hear people talking about. It's a raw Suburban drug dealer story with some religious symbolism.

[pic - click to view]

PHOENIX is an awesome movie no one knows about! I love this movie. It's so f**king cool. Ray Liotta is brilliant as Harry Collins, a Phoenix detective who is a gambling addict with a strict code. He gets into major debt with one of the town's bookies (Tom Noonan), and he and his detective friends (Anthony LaPaglia, Daniel Baldwin, Jeremy Piven) rob a loan shark (Giancarlo Esposito). One of my favorite movies!

More later..
 7 years ago '05        #254
space
space
 phillyCANNON said:

[pic - click to view]

CHOPPER is one of my favorite movies of all time. Everything about it is pitch-perfect - it's a brilliant dark comedy and a terrific character study with Eric Bana giving an amazing performance.
yeah I already posted this....one of the best gangsta films made....also made where I live
 01-20-2011, 09:26 AM         #255
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 obscuro77 said:
rewatched barry lyndon last night, saw mad dog morgan the other day posted it, decent flick.

def check this aussie flick

[pic - click to view]

real real gangsta s**t this one check it

bout to check out that danish watchman you recommended smokeweed
I'll look into it, Nightwatch was pretty solid, I have been struggling to find good modern horror movies lately.
 01-20-2011, 09:30 AM         #256
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:

[pic - click to view]

Did you check out Francois Truffaut's Shoot The Piano Player? That is definitely a cool french film.
 01-20-2011, 09:47 AM         #257
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here are some silents/classic horror

[pic - click to view]

[code]As a young couple stops and rests in a small village inn, the man is abducted by death[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0012494/

[pic - click to view]

[code]Alonzo is an apparently armless knife thrower who uses his feet to encircle Estrellita with blades....[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0018528/

[pic - click to view]

[code]In 16th-century Prague, a Jewish rabbi creates a giant creature from clay, called the Golem, and using sorcery, brings the creature to life[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0011237

[pic - click to view]

[code]A mad, disfigured composer seeks love with a lovely young opera singer.[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0016220/

[pic - click to view]

[code]An insane surgeon's obsession with an actress leads him to replace her wounded pianist's hands with the hands of a knife murderer which still have the urge to throw knives. [/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0026663/

[pic - click to view]

[code]God and Satan war over earth; to settle things, they wager on the soul of Faust, a learned and prayerful alchemist...[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0016847/

[pic - click to view]

[code]A pianist has a transplant operation that gives him a new pair of hands. Unfortunately, the hands belonged to a murderer..[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054963

[pic - click to view]

[code]A documentary about the history of witchcraft, told in a variety of styles, from illustrated slideshow to dramatised events of alleged real-life events...[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0013257/
Notice The Joker influence:

[pic - click to view]

[code]Gwynplaine, son of Lord Clancharlie, has a permanent smile carved on his face by the King, in revenge for Gwynplaine's father's treachery...[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019130/

[pic - click to view]

[code]In fifteenth century Paris, the brother of the archdeacon plots with the gypsy king to foment a peasant revolt. Meanwhile, a freakish hunchback falls in love with the gypsy queen. [/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0014142/
Also: Un Chien Andalou, Nosferatu, Freaks, Vampyr, and Cabinet of Dr. Caligari as already mentioned.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 01-20-2011 at 09:53 AM..
 01-20-2011, 05:01 PM         #258
JaeRell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice thread.
 7 years ago '10        #259
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 phillyCANNON said:
Great thread! Not sure if some of these were already mentioned, but let me add a few:

[pic - click to view]

BLOW director, Ted Demme directed this underlooked movie with Dennis Leary. It's a slice of life about the Irish hoodlums in Boston's Charlestown.

[pic - click to view]

MESRINE: PUBLIC ENEMEY NO 1 and MESRINE: k!llER INSTINCT are the French answer to PUBLIC ENEMIES starring Vincent Cassel about an iconic true life gangster Jacques Mesrine.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Totally badass flick that Keifer Sutherland directed about a drug deal gone wrong.

[pic - click to view]

NINTH CONFIGURATION is one of my favorite cult movies! It's about an abandoned castle that has been converted to a mental institution for Vietnam vets. Starring Stacey Keach, it's a crazy dark comedy by William Peter Blatty and in a way, the movie serves as a spin-off to his classic horror, THE EXORCIST.

[pic - click to view]

Michael Corrente's FEDERAL HILL is a great movie in the vein of MEAN STREETS! The original version is in black and white, and the color version is available as well.

[pic - click to view]

Tarantino was known to give birth to a lot of copycats and rip-off artists, but I love this movie.

[pic - click to view]

GODMONEY is an awesome movie I hardly ever hear people talking about. It's a raw Suburban drug dealer story with some religious symbolism.

[pic - click to view]

PHOENIX is an awesome movie no one knows about! I love this movie. It's so f**king cool. Ray Liotta is brilliant as Harry Collins, a Phoenix detective who is a gambling addict with a strict code. He gets into major debt with one of the town's bookies (Tom Noonan), and he and his detective friends (Anthony LaPaglia, Daniel Baldwin, Jeremy Piven) rob a loan shark (Giancarlo Esposito). One of my favorite movies!

More later..
monument ave was a solid film...Props on mentioning Mesrine that's a movie i DEF wanna see...truth and consequences N.M. was solid, Chopper is da s**t!!!! even though it was already mentioned by gravediggaz...adding your other titles top my list
 7 years ago '10        #260
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Here are some silents/classic horror

[pic - click to view]

[code]As a young couple stops and rests in a small village inn, the man is abducted by death[/code]

[pic - click to view]

[code]Alonzo is an apparently armless knife thrower who uses his feet to encircle Estrellita with blades....[/code]

[pic - click to view]

[code]In 16th-century Prague, a Jewish rabbi creates a giant creature from clay, called the Golem, and using sorcery, brings the creature to life[/code]

[pic - click to view]

[code]A mad, disfigured composer seeks love with a lovely young opera singer.[/code]

[pic - click to view]

[code]An insane surgeon's obsession with an actress leads him to replace her wounded pianist's hands with the hands of a knife murderer which still have the urge to throw knives. [/code]

[pic - click to view]

[code]God and Satan war over earth; to settle things, they wager on the soul of Faust, a learned and prayerful alchemist...[/code]

[pic - click to view]

[code]A pianist has a transplant operation that gives him a new pair of hands. Unfortunately, the hands belonged to a murderer..[/code]

[pic - click to view]

[code]A documentary about the history of witchcraft, told in a variety of styles, from illustrated slideshow to dramatised events of alleged real-life events...[/code]

Notice The Joker influence:

[pic - click to view]

[code]Gwynplaine, son of Lord Clancharlie, has a permanent smile carved on his face by the King, in revenge for Gwynplaine's father's treachery...[/code]

[pic - click to view]

[code]In fifteenth century Paris, the brother of the archdeacon plots with the gypsy king to foment a peasant revolt. Meanwhile, a freakish hunchback falls in love with the gypsy queen. [/code]

Also: Un Chien Andalou, Nosferatu, Freaks, Vampyr, and Cabinet of Dr. Caligari as already mentioned.
my dude!!!!! you always come through, i'm ready to get on my silent kick
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
272 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
116 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
139 comments
2 days ago