Dolphins owner Stephen Ross travels west to meet with Harbaugh to make an urgent pitch

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #21
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
 MY_name said:
f**k Cam Cameron

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #22
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
The San Francisco 49ers met with Jim Harbaugh on Wednesday about their head-coaching vacancy, but they have yet to strike a deal, according to league sources.

The Miami Dolphins, meanwhile, remain seriously interested after failing to land former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden and now are re-focused on Harbaugh. Dolphins owner Steve Ross is seeking another meeting with the Stanford coach, this time in California.

League sources say the 49ers have offered around $4.5 million per season, while the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland.

Ross, Ireland and Dolphins CEO Mike Dee were on the Stanford sideline before Monday's Orange Bowl in Miami, and league sources said the team has made repeated contact with Harbaugh after finishing 7-9 for the second consecutive season.

The Dolphins have been unwilling to blow up their football-operations department, which took them out of the running for former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher. Dolphins officials believe they need to make a splash and land a coach who can have the team play more attractive football than Tony Sparano -- who's still employed at the moment -- and make Miami more riveting in what can be a fickle professional sports market.

Messages left by The a.ssociated Press for Harbaugh's agent, Jack Bechta, weren't immediately returned Wednesday.

Earlier in the day, the 49ers interviewed Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator Hue Jackson, who made a strong impression on the team. Jackson has enjoyed sustained success with young quarterbacks and implementing a productive offensive system in Oakland -- something San Francisco covets.

Jackson's interview complies with the NFL's Rooney Rule, which requires that a minority candidate be interviewed. The 49ers now can consummate a contract with any coach.

Harbaugh already lives in the Bay Area with his young family, and several sources close to the situation estimate the 49ers are the favorites right now, with ample potential for a deal to be quickly completed. Over the past week, Harbaugh has focused more on NFL opportunities, with the University of Michigan, where he played, losing traction as a possibility.

"When you have a bunch of billionaires chasing you around to be a part of an NFL program ... If Jim feels like he's ready for that, who would blame him?" Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon told The a.ssociated Press.

With so many suitors, Harbaugh is in a position to call the shots, though he has a tendency to go back and forth at times. So until he signs a contract, nothing is decided. Harbaugh doesn't want to string along his players, coaches and officials at Stanford any longer than need be, which also could result in a resolution by the weekend.

The 49ers announced Trent Baalke as their new general manager Tuesday night, and he's now looking for the coach to replace Mike Singletary, fired following a 25-17 loss at St. Louis on Dec. 26 that eliminated San Francisco from the playoffs for an eighth consecutive season.
Blogs: Stay in school
The allure of an NFL job can be compelling for any college coach. But there is a long list of distinguished coaches who would have been better off staying in school. More ...

Baalke has said he expects to have a coach in place by Friday, according to team sources.

Harbaugh, 47, has been at Stanford since 2007. This season, he led the Cardinal to a program-best 12-1 record and an Orange Bowl victory.

Harbaugh is 58-27 overall as a college coach and 29-21 in four seasons at Stanford. He took over a 1-11 Cardinal team when he was hired in December 2006 and quickly turned the program into a winner and bowl contender.

Stanford went 4-8 in Harbaugh's first season, 5-7 the next, then improved to 8-5 and earned a Sun Bowl berth in 2009 -- the school's first bowl appearance since 2001.

Many believe Harbaugh is ready to make the leap to the next level, eager for a new challenge. He was the Oakland Raiders' quarterbacks coach from 2002 to 2003 before spending three seasons as head coach at the University of San Diego.

When Stanford arrived back on campus Tuesday, one man hollered "Stay in the Bay Area!" when Harbaugh hopped off the bus holding his toddler daughter, Addison.

Harbaugh played 15 seasons in the NFL for the Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens, San Diego Chargers and Carolina Panthers. A first-round draft pick taken 26th overall by the Bears in 1987, Harbaugh completed 2,305 of 3,918 passes for 26,288 yards and 129 touchdowns in the NFL. He also ran for 18 scores.

Harbaugh's brother, John, is the coach of the Baltimore Ravens, who are in the playoffs as a wild-card team this season.

The a.ssociated Press contributed to this report.
 7 years ago '04        #23
space
space
 2 Pistolz said:

[pic - click to view]

dont forget his family

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #24
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
That ESPN article implies that Jon Gruden was our first option.... wait, what?

I heard we "reached out" to him and he wasn't interested, but the local media seems to believe he was the fall back option behind Harbaugh and Cowher.

Also, the Ted Ginn Family will forever be legendary in SoFlo!
 7 years ago '04        #25
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
we were f**ked either way cuz everyone wanted brady quinn
 7 years ago '04        #26
space
space
Peter King SI_PeterKing

If the Dolphins will offer Jim Harbaugh $7-$8m a year, which Chris Mortensen infers, 49ers should let him walk. That is insane. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck
 7 years ago '04        #27
space
space
Jeff_Darlington

I can't yet confirm ESPN report. I can tell you Ross' private jet is en route from NYC to airport 21. 9 miles from Harbaugh's home address. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck
 01-05-2011, 10:03 PM         #28
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM         #29
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Article says Ross is a Michigan benefactor. No wonder they loved Henne so much :smh2:
 7 years ago '05        #30
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
This is getting good! Apparently the Niners offered Harbaugh $4.5 million per season, and the Dolphins have already offered Gruden $7 million per season (turned down). According to NFL.com we are willing to offer Harbaugh roughly $10 million more over a 5 year deal than SF.
 7 years ago '08        #31
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,096 | Props total: 2717 2717
 Young Flo said:
I'm going to take a major L on Boxden if we don't land Harbaugh, Miami get off the west coast
Jed York, this motherf**ker could set a bowl of cereal on fire by just adding milk How he gon' sit here and not come out the pocket and possibly let a last minute deal go down with the Dolphins!?
 7 years ago '04        #32
space
space
tony sparano just caught a Southwest flight to the west coast to try and stop Ross, my sources say

7 years ago '05        #33
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
we were f**ked either way cuz everyone wanted brady quinn
Admittedly, I hated Brady Quinn and my top 2 choices were: Patrick Willis and....

Ted Ginn.
 7 years ago '05        #34
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Young Flo said:
Ya'll a bunch of dumbasses if you do that......
Your just trying to scare us, we're gunna get harbaugh
I could care less how much they pay the coach. Not coming out of my money, and not effecting the salary cap. Stephen Ross can blow as much money as he wants. I just want to finally be able to justify my season tickets with some f**king wins.

....still think yall land Harbaugh by Friday, but if anything I've developed a new found respect for Stephen Ross. I love the aggression. Didn't expect it.
 7 years ago '05        #35
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
Tony Sparano is a b**ch for not resigning. Straight up. They're toying with him. He's under contract for another season, and our owner is flying around the country "urgently" trying to land a replacement coach.

Does pride no longer exist in the business world? I need to rethink my education and start selling drugs.
 7 years ago '04        #36
space
space
AdamSchefter

49ers not officially out on Harbaugh, not yet anyway, but they're now prepared to move on. They won't compete financially with Fins. 3 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter
 7 years ago '04        #37
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
7 Million for a college coach??

next please.

As much as Harbaugh is the flavor of the month, you just can't pay a n*gga 7-8 million dollars with ZERO head coaching experience at the NFL level... hell, Harbaugh doesn't even have experience at the NFL level as a coordinator This guy would get eaten alive by Bellichik and Ryan...

Bring guys that know the NFL inside and out like Cowher, Gruden or Dungy. We could get the Chin for the same money and he would turn this franchise around quick. I guess the stupid fish want to be more like the Cowboys and less like the Steelers A lot of flash and no playoff appereances or SB wins

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 01-05-2011 at 10:15 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #38
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
AdamSchefter

49ers not officially out on Harbaugh, not yet anyway, but they're now prepared to move on. They won't compete financially with Fins. 3 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter
Is this really happening?
 7 years ago '08        #39
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,730 | Props total: 11627 11627
I really cant believe they paid a coach not named Bill Billichick 7-8 millie :lachen001:

Yall better be in the 2nd round of the playoffs atleast within the next 2 years or he's the coaching version of
 7 years ago '08        #40
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,096 | Props total: 2717 2717
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
tony sparano just caught a Southwest flight to the west coast to try and stop Ross, my sources say

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy