Dolphins owner Stephen Ross travels west to meet with Harbaugh to make an urgent pitch

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #241
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
One of the most forgotten about situations in Miami as the head coach saga drags on is the future of the much maligned offensive coordinator. It had been rumored since the middle of the season that Dan Henning would retire after the season.

Though nothing is official, the Miami Herald is reporting that Henning and the Dolphins have agreed to "part ways." Though it's unknown if Henning is retiring or just stepping down as Miami's offensive coordinator, what is known, according to a source, is that the Dolphins will be looking for a new offensive coordinator - presumably to be selected by the new head coach...if there is a new head coach.

Henning has seen his offense regress since he started running the unit back in 2008. That season, the Dolphins had the 12th ranked offense in the league. A year later, the Dolphins slipped to 17th. And this past season, the Dolphins ended the year 21st in total offense and 30th in points per game.

Henning's play calling was questionable - to say the least - at times as well. And I don't think many - if any - Dolphin fans will shed a tear for the aging offensive mind.

This report fro the Herald also reports that, as of right now, the team has not fired Tony Sparano nor have they made any contract offer to Jim Harbaugh. At least, that's the "official" company line.

As I said, this situation is fluid. Keep up with our breaking news page for the latest.
 7 years ago '05        #242
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
^

I honestly wish him zero success in the future.
 7 years ago '10        #243
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 2 Pistolz said:
Who cares? The money isn't coming from your pocket, and the money also doesn't tie in with any of the money that goes towards improving the team.
its not a matter of it being my money. its a matter of a coach getting overpaid before he can show what he can do. it made sense when bama paid saban big dough, because he previously won a championship at lsu, not cuz he coached 2 subpar nfl seasons. its show and prove.

2 Pistolz said:
Saban is and was always a great coach. Had he stuck around he'd of become a great NFL coach. I have no doubts about that in my mind.

He's just a douchebag. That's all.
how in the f**k do u figure that? the team actually had a worse record the 2nd season he coached. he got up outta here cuz he knew he couldn't do s**t on the pro level.
 7 years ago '08        #244
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,962 | Props total: 5529 5529
 ondatpurple said:
its not a matter of it being my money. its a matter of a coach getting overpaid before he can show what he can do. it made sense when bama paid saban big dough, because he won a championship at lsu, not cuz he coached 2 subpar nfl seasons. its show and prove.
lol And the draft doesn't do the same thing with players?
 7 years ago '10        #245
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Sabin's a good coach, but it's not about that. It's about that transition from college to the pros.

Bob Ryan said on PTI that according to people who really know Harbaugh, they believe his personality is better suited for college than the pros. He's a good coach, but this could backfire easily. The Dolphins are in a competitive division.
thank you. ppl just dont get it. just because a coach has success in college, doesn't mean it will translate to the pros. the dolphins like to experiment with this s**t and they never learn.
 7 years ago '10        #246
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
lol And the draft doesn't do the same thing with players?
@ you comparing a draft to signing of a head coach. 2 completely didn't issues. do the players coach themselves?
 7 years ago '05        #247
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,767 | Props total: 3217 3217
 2 Pistolz said:
Saban is and was always a great coach. Had he stuck around he'd of become a great NFL coach. I have no doubts about that in my mind.

He's just a douchebag. That's all.
This. Like I said, Saban is a hell of a coach and would have been great for miami had he stayed. His only problem was he was GM too, and pretty bad at it (Jason Allen, Daunte Culpepper).
 7 years ago '08        #248
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 ondatpurple said:
@ you comparing a draft to signing of a head coach. 2 completely didn't issues. do the players coach themselves?
lol You're b**ching about signing an unproven coach but drafting a player and paying them a s**tload is the same thing.
 7 years ago '05        #249
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 ondatpurple said:

how in the f**k do u figure that? the team actually had a worse record the 2nd season he coached. he got up outta here cuz he knew he couldn't do s**t on the pro level.
You do realize that he had Cleo Lemon and Joey Harrington to work with right? Injuries k!lled that team. Injuries k!lled his tenure here. Wayne H. gave him far too much control to begin with; control that Harbaugh likewise will not have in equivalence. That doesn't change my perception of him as far as actual coaching is concerned.

Some coaches just prefer the college level. I don't get what's so difficult to believe about that.

What you're doing is putting all college-to-pro coaches in the same category, and that's ridiculous. There are significant differences all across the board between Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh. The only thing they really relate to is the fact that both are superb coaches.

I think Harbaugh is more prepared to make the jump, especially under the circumstances we offer. Fact of the matter is he's an offensive mastermind who knows the QB position as well as anyone, and we've already got one of the best defensive coordinators in the business on staff. Nothing is easy about making such a big jump, but it's definitely going to be an easier transition for him if he opts to bring his talents to Joe Robbie / Pro Player Park / Pro Player / Dolphin / Landshark / Sun Life / ? (who knows what's next) Stadium.

Last edited by 2 Pistolz; 01-06-2011 at 06:21 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #250
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
lol You're b**ching about signing an unproven coach but drafting a player and paying them a s**tload is the same thing.
I'll keep it simple, if you look at all the successful coaches of this league, they weren't overpaid in their first year. the big money came later on with contract extensions after they've proven themself. players get more endorsements and avenues to make money than coaches so you can't compare their salaries.
 7 years ago '05        #251
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
Yup.

It's a gamble either way, and in sports almost every decision is a gamble. You have to take chances to succeed. There is no other way around it.

If we hire a OC/DC it's going to be a similar gamble. Same thing if we hire a candidate with head coaching experience that has already been fired.
 7 years ago '05        #252
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
 ondatpurple said:
I'll keep it simple, if you look at all the successful coaches of this league, they weren't overpaid in their first year. the big money came later on with contract extensions after they've proven themself. players get more endorsements and avenues to make money than coaches so you can't compare their salaries.
Why are you so focused on looking around at other teams, coaches, situations, etc.? I could care less how many "overpaid" & "unproven" coaches have failed in the past. Is Jim Harbaugh one of those coaches?

And lol, yes, you can compare outright player-coach salaries in terms of guaranteed money. There are comparable similarities between drafting an unproven player out of college, and hiring an unproven coach from a college program. It's pretty much the same thing/different job.
 7 years ago '10        #253
space
space
 2 Pistolz said:
Yup.

It's a gamble either way, and in sports almost every decision is a gamble. You have to take chances to succeed. There is no other way around it.

If we hire a OC/DC it's going to be a similar gamble. Same thing if we hire a candidate with head coaching experience that has already been fired.
it's not that black and white. some gambles make more sense than others. and 8 mil is a very steep gamble to say the least.

2 Pistolz said:
Why are you so focused on looking around at other teams, coaches, situations, etc.? I could care less how many "overpaid" & "unproven" coaches have failed in the past. Is Jim Harbaugh one of those coaches?

And lol, yes, you can compare outright player-coach salaries in terms of guaranteed money.
I compare the dolphins to other teams because the dolphins have a history of doing s**t backwards. there's always need for contrast when you have to take a look at the bigger picture and see whats been keeping this team back for so long.
 7 years ago '08        #254
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 ondatpurple said:
lol So irrelevant.
 7 years ago '04        #255
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
steven ross coming back to miami, nothing on harbaugh coming with him
 7 years ago '10        #256
space
space
anyways I'll leave it alone, remember what I said when the harbaugh experiment fails aka saban 2.0
 7 years ago '05        #257
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
Jason LaCanfora is reporting that Stanford has offered Harbaugh "substantially more" than what the 49ers were offering, and he could very well end up staying at Stanford with Luck.
 7 years ago '06        #258
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,973 | Props total: 10632 10632
Source says media was told to be at miami facility tomorrow or be on call at a moments notice...

Prob press conference for harbaugh
 7 years ago '05        #259
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Looks like Miami didnt get it done either

Denver next team to get a chance after stanford
 7 years ago '05        #260
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 philly337 said:
Source says media was told to be at miami facility tomorrow or be on call at a moments notice...

Prob press conference for harbaugh
Can't be

Dolphins still have a hc and havnt interviewed a minority yet.

and like i said, Harbaughs still interviewing with other teams

Last edited by Bea5T; 01-06-2011 at 06:42 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now