Titans to release or trade Vince Young

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '08        #141
piffery973 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 1 1
VY better go to jersey shore!
 7 years ago '08        #142
piffery973 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 1 1
LOL Vince Young probably like "COME AT ME BRO!"

7 years ago '10        #143
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
...I just read an article with Kerry Collins saying he has some "good football" left in him

When did this dude ever have good football in him? Did he even have a "prime"?

phillyCANNON said:
Some people are delusional, I suppose. He's been overrated since he was a rookie and he has never fully matured. He had one of the worst all time seasons of a starting NFL QB. His 2nd year, he improved on his completion percentage, but 9 TD's and 17 INT's? Yo, are you serious? He never made the right decisions, he turned over the ball constantly and if it wasn't for the running game and a strong defense, they would have been completely lost with him as the starting QB. You can say he won games in 2009, which he did. But most of that is credit to the defense and Chris Johnson. He had way more to do with it than Young and everyone knows that.

I am not saying Fisher is great, but he is a decent coach with an impressively long tenure, despite not winning a SB. He has an excellent defensive mind, and he is highly respected. Titans ownership is terrible, and despite some bad decisions, he keeps the team on playoff hunt for most of his career. He is a stubborn coach, though - but he had some winning seasons. I think about 6.

Take Chris Johnson away, all you have is a defense and you're stuck with a mediocre QB who lacks accuracy, the right mechanics, and a terrible attitude. He is trouble. He is a complete bum. The stats speak for themselves:

57.6% completion percentage, 32 TDs, 39 Ints, 12 Rushing TDs, 8 Fumbles

I'd rather start Young than Collins, but that's not saying much.

Kerry Collins = GARBAGE
Vince Young = GARBAGE
I think you're stretching it a bit. You're exaggerating how bad Vince Young is, and giving Fisher more credit than he deserves.

His rookie year for example...don't we usually give Qbs with promise a chance to grow? Not every QB comes out and puts up solid stats like Sam Bradford. I watched Vince earlier in the year and I can honestly say he was growing and improving. Not great...and he may never be "Great", but he is at the very least "good" imo

It's also dishonest to say Chris Johnson had "way more" to do with it. If that was the case, then the Titans wouldn't have lost 8 of their last 9 games. Hell....if that was the case they wouldn't have started out 0-6. Football isn't just about stats, sometimes it's your impact. How a team game plans for you, making the right plays....it's kind of a stretch to take all that away from VY. You won't catch me calling him a top 10 QB...or anything like that but just sayin

Fisher...more than anyone else has underachieved. Most coaches would have been fired by now, but he's been with the team for over 16 years and has only 1 playoff win in over 6 years, and a handful of playoff appearances to show for it
 7 years ago '05        #144
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,152 | Props total: 18401 18401
 Smoke500 said:
...I just read an article with Kerry Collins saying he has some "good football" left in him

When did this dude ever have good football in him? Did he even have a "prime"?

I think you're stretching it a bit. You're exaggerating how bad Vince Young is, and giving Fisher more credit than he deserves.

His rookie year for example...don't we usually give Qbs with promise a chance to grow? Not every QB comes out and puts up solid stats like Sam Bradford. I watched Vince earlier in the year and I can honestly say he was growing and improving. Not great...and he may never be "Great", but he is at the very least "good" imo

It's also dishonest to say Chris Johnson had "way more" to do with it. If that was the case, then the Titans wouldn't have lost 8 of their last 9 games. Hell....if that was the case they wouldn't have started out 0-6. Football isn't just about stats, sometimes it's your impact. How a team game plans for you, making the right plays....it's kind of a stretch to take all that away from VY. You won't catch me calling him a top 10 QB...or anything like that but just sayin

Fisher...more than anyone else has underachieved. Most coaches would have been fired by now, but he's been with the team for over 16 years and has only 1 playoff win in over 6 years, and a handful of playoff appearances to show for it
That's an educated post right there:applause:
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy