ESPN: Ranking NFL Starting Quarterbacks

most viewed right now
 102
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 89
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
150 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 68
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 52
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
90 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM         #421
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
let's see here

85 tds 58 ints 12200 yards 81 qb rating 26-22

86 tds 31 ints 12200 yards 99 qb rating 27-21

now tell me which is which one, or which started off better
 7 years ago '04        #422
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
I'll add another, Peyton 0-1 in each of his first three playoff appearances and finally won his first in his sixth year, and went 6-10 his fourth, so Rodgers could catch up quick record wise, but woul be tough to keep up with the consecutive 12 wins
 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM         #423
JonBoyQ23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rivers @ 6? com'on son
 7 years ago '07        #424
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
So we gonna sit here and act like Josh Freeman belongs @ 12...the kid is better than Schaub and they need to cut off the elite division to top 10
 01-06-2011, 03:12 PM         #425
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steelerfan1 said:
Looks like your feelings are hurt

Why would a grown man have a name like smokeweed 101
Because my original smokeweed101 (without the period) was created in 2004 or so, long before I was a grown man. Now I still smoke weed, tell me something is wrong with that so I can laugh.
 7 years ago '06        #426
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 finishim said:
let's see here

85 tds 58 ints 12200 yards 81 qb rating 26-22

86 tds 31 ints 12200 yards 99 qb rating 27-21

now tell me which is which one, or which started off better
Nice post, had no idea that its that neck and neck.
 01-06-2011, 03:17 PM         #427
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steelerfan1 said:
The Cardinals made it to the superbowl by beating the best teams in the NFC and the Seahawks were 13-3 and dominated the NFC.

Ben aint struggle against the Pats
Hopefully Pittsburgh makes it to NE so we can see whats up, and no excuses on who has the better defense either.
 7 years ago '07        #428
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

[pic - click to view]

 7 years ago '04        #429
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 eLLz said:
Nice post, had no idea that its that neck and neck.
yeah, in all honesty i doubt Rodgers will have the longevity Peyton has, especially being a running type.. but if he's consistent, as he has been so far, he's got a shot at matching Peyton statistically
 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM         #430
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
it's not even all about you bro, it's all of boxden when they argue who the best players are in football

everyone has to take into consideration every possible way a player can be considered elite, it cant just be about how they were on a superbowl winning team, or how they led the league in tds

because to keep it simple, you can win superbowls game managing, it's been done more than I can count on one hand, and you can win bowls without a defense, and you can win bowls with or without a running game

playing good enough as a team to win a superbowl changes every year, there are underdogs week in week out winning games, and good teams who don't even make the playoffs who could win the bowl

there are also great qbs who put up ridiculous numbers who may be on poor teams and don't win a ton of games due to the rest of the team not showing up every week, yet some of you are willing to mark them average or not "elite"

as far as I'm concerned elite would be a qb who doesn't take his team out of position to win games on a week to week basis, just one who keep them in position to win every week, every qb in the NFL has a system and is a system quarterback, some may be better at certain things than others but in the end it's about how each teams offense executes the gameplan week to week

this s**t is gettin old on here, and I'm sure some qb this week will be crowned as one of the best with a big game and the other will be the overrated for the week, but you guys don't ever realize that's only one game out of many all these qbs will play and you cant underrate or overrated them off of one performance, the best are consistent
I agree to an extent, but to me elite comes with the whole package (HOF potential, stats, dominant seasons/games, good postseason games, rings, leadership etc.) and in that regard it is very very slim, now that Favre is out the game that leaves 3 possible candidates at the moment: Brady/Peyton (hands down) and possibly Brees.

I get your point and everything, I think Rodgers is overrated in the sense of being 'elite' but that doesn't mean he isn't a possible top 5 QB with potential, I don't hold it against him for not having rings and everything obviously too soon but he isn't in that top category like you want him to be. (I know you were itching to post those Rodgers/Manning comparison stats )
 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM         #431
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Carry on.
Be my guest, you can go discuss the Giants off season and how to get back to that 07 'domination'.
 7 years ago '04        #432
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 smokeweed101. said:
I agree to an extent, but to me elite comes with the whole package (HOF potential, stats, dominant seasons/games, good postseason games, rings, leadership etc.) and in that regard it is very very slim, now that Favre is out the game that leaves 3 possible candidates at the moment: Brady/Peyton (hands down) and possibly Brees.

I get your point and everything, I think Rodgers is overrated in the sense of being 'elite' but that doesn't mean he isn't a possible top 5 QB with potential, I don't hold it against him for not having rings and everything obviously too soon but he isn't in that top category like you want him to be. (I know you were itching to post those Rodgers/Manning comparison stats )
I fully understand why you guys wouldn't put him in the elite picture being how young he is to the league and without even a playoff win, but so far what he's shown, there seems no doubt he's on his way to being elite
 01-06-2011, 03:30 PM         #433
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
let's see here

85 tds 58 ints 12200 yards 81 qb rating 26-22

86 tds 31 ints 12200 yards 99 qb rating 27-21

now tell me which is which one, or which started off better
... Try again...

You are comparing Peyton's first 3 years, to Rodgers's 4th 5th and 6th Years.

Comparing the stats of a Rookie thrown into the fire to a guy who had 3 years to sit and learn.

You're also comparing a guy with no Running game, to a guy who had one of the best RB's in the league eating up offensive plays in two of those 3 years(Edgerrin James).

One was Drafted by the worst team in the NFL that year and in complete rebuilding mode, another took over for a team that was in the NFC Championship the year before...

Now let's stop dealing with fantasy and instead deal with reality...


Peyton Manning's first 3 years:

12,287 yds, 85 TD's, 58 INTs, 26-22


Aaron Rodgers first 3 years:

329 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 0-0


Last edited by Illstreet; 01-06-2011 at 03:33 PM..
 01-06-2011, 03:33 PM         #434
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
I fully understand why you guys wouldn't put him in the elite picture being how young he is to the league and without even a playoff win, but so far what he's shown, there seems no doubt he's on his way to being elite
Things can happen though, I can't think of an example but a few guys have fell off after a promising start, that is the thing it takes like 6+ years to even get into a serious discussion of elite.
 7 years ago '04        #435
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Illstreet said:
... Try again...

You are comparing Peyton's first 3 years, to Rodgers's 4th 5th and 6th Years.

Comparing the stats of a Rookie thrown into the fire to a guy who had 3 years to sit and learn.

You're also comparing a guy with no Running game, to a guy who had one of the best RB's in the league eating up offensive plays in two of those 3 years(Edgerrin James).

One was Drafted by the worst team in the NFL that year and in complete rebuilding mode, another took over for a team that was in the NFC Championship the year before...

Now let's stop dealing with fantasy and instead deal with reality...


Peyton Manning's first 3 years:

12,287 yds, 85 TD's, 58 INTs, 26-21


Aaron Rodgers first 3 years:

329 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 0-9
lmao alright, let's do 4th 5th 6th

82 td 42 ints 12,500 yards 89 qb rating 28-20

still not a big difference and Peyton didn't win a playoff game til the sixth still
 7 years ago '04        #436
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 smokeweed101. said:
Things can happen though, I can't think of an example but a few guys have fell off after a promising start, that is the thing it takes like 6+ years to even get into a serious discussion of elite.
but according to illstreet and cutkidd Rodgers is in his sixth year :rolleyes:
 7 years ago '06        #437
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 finishim said:
lmao alright, let's do 4th 5th 6th

82 td 42 ints 12,500 yards 89 qb rating 28-20

still not a big difference and Peyton didn't win a playoff game til the sixth still
Yeah aside from that 49 TD season Peyton never really threw for anywhere near that many any other year. Its just been his consistent 30 TD average for over a decade that makes him such a beast. That 49 TD year aside his 2nd most is 33, not really THAT impressive when you break it down to 2 TD passes a game.


Like you said though, Rodgers wont play anywhere near as long so all time I dont think he has a shot at eclipsing Peyton unless he can grab 3 rings while maintaining his average now for another 6-7 seasons but that does prove that when Rodgers plays, its gonna be at a high level.
 01-06-2011, 03:40 PM         #438
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
lmao alright, let's do 4th 5th 6th

82 td 42 ints 12,500 yards 89 qb rating 28-20

still not a big difference and Peyton didn't win a playoff game til the sixth still
Na there is a big difference right away, if for nothing other than that no matter what Rodgers does, he'll always be atleast 3 years, 12,000 yards and 85 TD's behind Peyton's career pace...

That's just how it is.

Peyton Manning is probably going to break every passing record on the books except for maybe yards depending on when he decides to retire.

For anyone to say that a guy who's only played 3 years is "ALTEAST Probably going to have a Peyton type of career statistically" is absurd.

Let dude show he can survive the league with all those concussions, and actually win a playoff game before we start saying he's "ATLEAST" going to match the career of the probably the greatest statistical QB to ever play.


Last edited by Illstreet; 01-06-2011 at 03:43 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #439
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 Illstreet said:
Na there is a big difference right away, if for nothing other than that no matter what Rodgers does, he'll always be atleast 3 years, 12,000 yards and 85 TD's behind Peyton's career pace...

That's just how it is.

Peyton Manning is probably going to break every passing record on the books except for maybe yards depending on when he decides to retire.

For anyone to say that a guy who's only played 3 years is "ALTEAST Probably going to have a Peyton type of career statistically" is absurd.

Let do show he can survive the league with all those concussions, and actually win a playoff game before we staying he's "ATLEAST" going to match the career of the probably the greatest statistical QB to ever play.
Also agree with this though, the whole argument stems from this n*gga saying AT LEAST as if Peyton has some type of DECENT or even good career. I'll sit here and call him a choke artist all day long because Ive seen the guy blow it in a ton of big games but right now Rodgers has done nothing in the postseason either and when it comes to regular season, they might both average same TD/Yds/INT but Peyton has done it another 10 years then Aaron so lets pay homage.
 7 years ago '04        #440
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Illstreet said:
Na there is a big difference right away, if for nothing other than that no matter what Rodgers does, he'll always be atleast 3 years, 12,000 yards and 85 TD's behind Peyton's career pace...

That's just how it is.

Peyton Manning is probably going to break every passing record on the books except for maybe yards depending on when he decides to retire.

For anyone to say that a guy who's only played 3 years is "ALTEAST Probably going to have a Peyton type of career statistically" is absurd.

Let dude show he can survive the league with all those concussions, and actually win a playoff game before we staying he's "ATLEAST" going to match the career of the probably the greatest statistical QB to ever play.
Jesus, so he has to break all the records to play at his level? and I never said that atleast part, Rodgers has put up great numbers and as long as he keeps his consistency he'll have a similar year to year numbers as Peyton, he doesn't have to have the career totals
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 26
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy