ESPN: Ranking NFL Starting Quarterbacks

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-06-2011, 11:59 AM         #401
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
If you don't believe he's capable of doing that every game, then you're saying it was a fluke. It definitely counted...it wasn't preseason and the Skins are a pro team. I mean, they did put his jersey in the HOF after that game remember?

I've been watching/played football since the early '90s and haven't seen a better performance. You can argue the stage, but I'll agree to a certain extent...let's see what he does this month.

I am not saying it is a fluke I am saying not every team will play him like Rookie Madden. There is a reason he threw like 5 or 6 picks in his last few games, he isn't a guy that will dominate every night he is coming back down to reality now. Only two guys are close to capable of dominating any Sunday, and both have had record seasons with performances that blow Vicks out the water imo.
 01-06-2011, 12:01 PM         #402
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
the big difference here is, some of you base being elite on either rings, late game comebacks, stats, or just skills

there is no black and white, and fans other than pats and steelers, IMO tend to base it more on skills than oh he has 2-3 rings or just bens comeback drive in the superbowl, what most people think is you can't base a qb being elite on one game or one play, if that was the case Eli woul be top 3-4 for what he did in his superbowl, you HAVE to bring stats into play, and you have to bring into consideration the teams they've played and how they perform in big games etc, you can't just make it black and white and say oh rivers isn't elite cuz he doesn't have a ring, he's played at a high level since he's been brought up, being consistent record wise is a team stat as is superbowl victories in most cases, and if you try to say you need multiple rings to be elite then youd have to leave amazing qbs out like Peyton, Favre, bottom line is to win a championship a lot more has to come together than just a qbs play
Where have I based things on rings as the only Pats fan posting here? I have even said Rodgers who I think is overrated would win a ring in PIT in place of Ben. No bias here, if anything you are making bias arguments to support Rodgers being elite, question your own motivation here before others.
 01-06-2011, 12:04 PM         #403
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
I'm not looking for get into a argument...

And call it a Injury... Call it whatever you will...

But there's no arguing that Brady got dominated by our Defense in that game...

Especially in contrast to what he had done that whole year...

Even to us in that Week 17 game.

Yes he had the Drive to take the lead at the end...

But in that Superbowl, Tom got handled by that Giants D.
He got hit, had some bad incompletions. He still set up the go ahead score, never turned it over, did what he had to do. If Eli got sacked or picked like he usually would it would just be Pats have off night and win, no domination, you can't get dominated by losing a 17-14 game in the final seconds when you never turned it over.

If that is the case Peyton got absolutely murdered and destroyed in 03, 04, 07, and 09 when he threw away chances to win literally, but you stand by him regardless. This is why I can't wait for these playoffs, I want to see you guys bring up 07 while he keeps winning.
 7 years ago '06        #404
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Obviously you have to consider whether or not someone has rings in order to judge their elite status

There's 2 elite QB's - Brady and Manning

Manning because he's had monster numbers for many years, likewise with Brady plus he's got 3 titles plus more than likely he will get that 2nd MVP trophy this year too, we can go on and on about these two guys. Brees, no, not yet at least.

It's foolish to call Rodgers elite. Only a homer would make that argument. He hasn't done ANYTHING yet to be considered elite, nor has he done it for a long enough period of time. A Packers fan with their feelings hurt will respond to this and get into a longwinded debate about it, but Rodgers isn't elite, not yet at least.
 01-06-2011, 12:13 PM         #405
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
He got hit, had some bad incompletions. He still set up the go ahead score, never turned it over, did what he had to do. If Eli got sacked or picked like he usually would it would just be Pats have off night and win, no domination, you can't get dominated by losing a 17-14 game in the final seconds when you never turned it over.

If that is the case Peyton got absolutely murdered and destroyed in 03, 04, 07, and 09 when he threw away chances to win literally, but you stand by him regardless. This is why I can't wait for these playoffs, I want to see you guys bring up 07 while he keeps winning.

[video - click to view]

The guy publicly laughed at the Possiblity of only scoring 17 Points against us...

He went on to say that he thought 45-42 would be a more realistic prediction.

I would say 14 was them getting dominated.

7 years ago '05        #406
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
Rodgers isn't elite and he's not getting the MVP, but people act like it has to happen this year. Like Rodgers has failed by not getting the MVP this year, even though he can get it the next year or the following year. He's putting up nice numbers and that's all that matters. He's on pace to atleast have a Peyton type of career. He's clearly leaps and bounds ahead of the other younger quarterbacks, and its not just all about stats. Watch him play. He has to earn to be called elite, but he's sure playing like he might be.
 01-06-2011, 12:28 PM         #407
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:

The guy publicly laughed at the Possiblity of only scoring 17 Points against us...

He went on to say that he thought 45-42 would be a more realistic prediction.

I would say 14 was them getting dominated.

A joke, and your point? Your argument here is kind of silly, especially when you said Peyton's pick 6 was a result of Wayne quitting and Peyton bled his heart out in warrior like fashion etc. etc.

Then you say Brady won because of defense, Seymour sacks Warner and that carried Brady to a win, Seymour lets little Eli dance on him and its Brady's fault despite being on the sideline after taking the lead. Your arguments do have a silly bias against Brady, only reason you are humble is because he is MVP but if he has a bad game I bet you will come here boasting again.

You are right lets not do this, enjoy your 07 SB and remember why the Giants get hate for choking 3 straight years and counting. Post another video next month.
 01-06-2011, 12:30 PM         #408
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klew said:
Rodgers isn't elite and he's not getting the MVP, but people act like it has to happen this year... He's on pace to atleast have a Peyton type of career.

[pic - click to view]

He's on pace to ATLEAST have a Peyton type of career?...

01-06-2011, 12:33 PM         #409
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
A joke, and your point? Your argument here is kind of silly, especially when you said Peyton's pick 6 was a result of Wayne quitting and Peyton bled his heart out in warrior like fashion etc. etc.

Then you say Brady won because of defense, Seymour sacks Warner and that carried Brady to a win, Seymour lets little Eli dance on him and its Brady's fault despite being on the sideline after taking the lead. Your arguments do have a silly bias against Brady, only reason you are humble is because he is MVP but if he has a bad game I bet you will come here boasting again.

You are right lets not do this, enjoy your 07 SB and remember why the Giants get hate for choking 3 straight years and counting. Post another video next month.
You're clearly taking this personal, and you're clearly reading way too much into what I posted and are going on tangents and into all different directions...

To be quite honest, you're the first person I've ever even see try to say that Brady didn't get dominated in that Superbowl.

It's common knowledge.

Not even something worth f!ghting about.

Carry on.

Last edited by Illstreet; 01-06-2011 at 12:43 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #410
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
 Illstreet said:

[pic - click to view]

He's on pace to ATLEAST have a Peyton type of career?...

Peyton 1 sb and a bunch of stats so I'd say so yes
 7 years ago '09        #411
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 klew said:
Rodgers isn't elite and he's not getting the MVP, but people act like it has to happen this year. Like Rodgers has failed by not getting the MVP this year, even though he can get it the next year or the following year. He's putting up nice numbers and that's all that matters. He's on pace to atleast have a Peyton type of career. He's clearly leaps and bounds ahead of the other younger quarterbacks, and its not just all about stats. Watch him play. He has to earn to be called elite, but he's sure playing like he might be.
Why do packers fans consider him in the younger QB category?

Next year is his 7th in the league. This is the problem I have.. rodgers shouldn't be compared to younger QB's like Flacco, Ryan, Freeman, etc who came in as rookies and played. Especially the ones that played on bad teams on bad teams (Ryan, Freeman).

He should be compared in the Schaub/Romo bracket of QB's.. bc they both sat, learned and came in slangin
 01-06-2011, 12:39 PM         #412
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klew said:
Peyton 1 sb and a bunch of stats so I'd say so yes
I like Aaron Rogers a lot...

He is no where near being on a Pace to have a "Peyton" like career...

Stop it.
 7 years ago '09        #413
gGgM35 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,150 | Props total: 33 33
 Illstreet said:

Stop it.
 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM         #414
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shut the f**k up you Steelers fan... I can't stand you toothless f**ks
 01-06-2011, 01:17 PM         #415
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's all i have to contribute to the current convo
 7 years ago '04        #416
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 smokeweed101. said:
Where have I based things on rings as the only Pats fan posting here? I have even said Rodgers who I think is overrated would win a ring in PIT in place of Ben. No bias here, if anything you are making bias arguments to support Rodgers being elite, question your own motivation here before others.
it's not even all about you bro, it's all of boxden when they argue who the best players are in football

everyone has to take into consideration every possible way a player can be considered elite, it cant just be about how they were on a superbowl winning team, or how they led the league in tds

because to keep it simple, you can win superbowls game managing, it's been done more than I can count on one hand, and you can win bowls without a defense, and you can win bowls with or without a running game

playing good enough as a team to win a superbowl changes every year, there are underdogs week in week out winning games, and good teams who don't even make the playoffs who could win the bowl

there are also great qbs who put up ridiculous numbers who may be on poor teams and don't win a ton of games due to the rest of the team not showing up every week, yet some of you are willing to mark them average or not "elite"

as far as I'm concerned elite would be a qb who doesn't take his team out of position to win games on a week to week basis, just one who keep them in position to win every week, every qb in the NFL has a system and is a system quarterback, some may be better at certain things than others but in the end it's about how each teams offense executes the gameplan week to week

this s**t is gettin old on here, and I'm sure some qb this week will be crowned as one of the best with a big game and the other will be the overrated for the week, but you guys don't ever realize that's only one game out of many all these qbs will play and you cant underrate or overrated them off of one performance, the best are consistent
 7 years ago '04        #417
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 Illstreet said:

Stop it.
hes talking by statistics, and even team record wise, you can say he won't have a career like that all you want but what hes done so far would make some believe it's possible, the key would be longevity
 01-06-2011, 01:31 PM         #418
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steelerfan1 said:
Toothless??

better than being a strung out herion addict living in a cesspool of corruption,drugs and violence
Lucky for me I live in Miami :dancingcool:

And I'm from VA.. not MD
 01-06-2011, 01:37 PM         #419
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
hes talking by statistics, and even team record wise, you can say he won't have a career like that all you want but what hes done so far would make some believe it's possible, the key would be longevity
By Statistics... Aaron Rogers is not on pace for a Peyton type Career...
 7 years ago '04        #420
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 Illstreet said:
By Statistics... Aaron Rogers is not on pace for a Peyton type Career...
let's see here

85 tds 58 ints 12200 yards 81 qb rating 26-22

86 tds 31 ints 12200 yards 99 qb rating 27-21

now tell me which is which one, or which started off better
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy