ESPN: Ranking NFL Starting Quarterbacks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
194 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
31 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-06-2011, 11:23 AM         #381
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Only have a problem with 1 part here...remove arguably.
If I had to pull the trigger, I'd have a hard time choosing between him and Fitz...

But ultimately I would take Dre personally...

But I could see someone making the argument.
 01-06-2011, 11:25 AM         #382
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
So Rodgers and Rivers couldn't beat the Hawks and Cards in the SB? Even with a top defense, Harrison returning picks 100 yards, refs helping them out etc.

08 was alright but in 05 anybody could have won that SB with the Steelers. If you say Rivers is a choker then so is Peyton and Ben > Peyton. After all both Peyton and Rivers are over 500 when you take out the games against the great Patriots. (Who would beat Pittsburgh just the same)
Don't forget that the Refs handed the Steelers that first Superbowl as well...

The Head Ref even admitted as much later on.

01-06-2011, 11:26 AM         #383
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Yeah I would. It may be a bit premature due to the fact he just won the starting job this year. His play has grown considerably though, can't deny it. He can put that team on his back despite having a D that isn't as good as you would expect from the Eagles. Just wait until he has a full off season as the #1 guy...Andy Reid will have him even more polished.

Plus he had the greatest game a QB can possibly have....ever. And he's capable of doing that on any given Sunday.
Not against the Redskins, I think Brady, Peyton, Marino, Brees, Elway, Montana, Simms etc. have had 'greatest ever' performances on bigger stages and or against tougher defenses.

I really think you are jumping the gun here, how easily we forget the past. And he is not capable of doing that every Sunday, not every team is going to play like the Skins.
 7 years ago '07        #384
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
Andre is the best in the L imo. Plus, I wouldn't want ot take a punch from him...

Megatron is up there too.
 7 years ago '07        #385
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1524 1524
 Illstreet said:
Don't forget that the Refs handed the Steelers that first Superbowl as well...

The Head Ref even admitted as much later on.

[video - click to view]

I'd like for you to show me where and why the ref would say this wasn't pass interference when it clearly was, IN THE ENDZONE, FOR A TOUCHDOWN

start @ 1:00

you extend your arm so the defender has zero chance of making a play. HE DIDN'T even do it subtly,

do you know the rules of football?
 01-06-2011, 11:31 AM         #386
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steelerfan1 said:
You dont know the first thing about football
What is the first thing about football 'Steelerfan1' with an avatar of Ben Roethlisberger? :rolleyes:
 7 years ago '10        #387
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,370 | Props total: 9630 9630
 smokeweed101. said:
So Rodgers and Rivers couldn't beat the Hawks and Cards in the SB? Even with a top defense, Harrison returning picks 100 yards, refs helping them out etc.

08 was alright but in 05 anybody could have won that SB with the Steelers. If you say Rivers is a choker then so is Peyton and Ben > Peyton. After all both Peyton and Rivers are over 500 when you take out the games against the great Patriots. (Who would beat Pittsburgh just the same)
Maybe and maybe not,your pretty much speakin a what if scenario lol.Now as far as calling Rivers a choker so far he his.Peyton has choked in big moments before but in the grand scheme of things has won a superbowl.(even though he didn't play well)In that Superbowl in 05 yea the refs were definitely on some other sh!t with those penalties but not in 08,oh and not 2 take any shots but I remember the refs helping brady out in the Superbowl against the raiders lol,sh!t happens.
 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM         #388
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Steelers fans never give their defense credit, Maddox almost won a ring before Ben, and if they picked up Eli or Rivers they would still have won on NE's off years, besides Indy what other team had a chance?
 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM         #389
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
I only say Overrated in the sense that since he won the Superbowl, I think everybody has kinda forgotten how many times those Tampa teams underchieved with him at the helm...

He was a great talent builder, but when it came to Winning the big one, or even getting to the big one, he could never get over the hump.

And then the very first year after he was gone Gruden took them to the Promised Land with basically the same team.

He was really good coach IMO, but not an All Time Great.
I'd still give him "some" credit for what he did in Tampa. Once he got there they went from the laughing stock of the league to contenders. You have to admit, in certain situations coaching changes can really spark something within a team on the cusp of making a run for the SB. It happened there and Garrett definitely made a difference with the Cowboys here. Over time that spark fizzled on Gruden's @ss and they went back to being pitiful before he got the boot.
 01-06-2011, 11:34 AM         #390
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blkboipurp said:
Maybe and maybe not,your pretty much speakin a what if scenario lol.Now as far as calling Rivers a choker so far he his.Peyton has choked in big moments before but in the grand scheme of things has won a superbowl.(even though he didn't play well)In that Superbowl in 05 yea the refs were definitely on some other sh!t with those penalties but not in 08,oh and not 2 take any shots but I remember the refs helping brady out in the Superbowl against the raiders lol,sh!t happens.
I know it is a what if scenario but it is kind of annoying to hear oh Ben has two rings, when everything else point to the other guys being better, everything. Also Brady has never played a SB against the Raiders, it is impossible.
 01-06-2011, 11:35 AM         #391
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:

I'd like for you to show me where and why the ref would say this wasn't pass interference when it clearly was, IN THE ENDZONE, FOR A TOUCHDOWN

start @ 1:00

you extend your arm so the defender has zero chance of making a play. HE DIDN'T even do it subtly,

do you know the rules of football?
Fam, I'm not gonna sit here and get in a an arguement with you about it...

The Ref himself apologized to the Seahawks for it...

And I had a few freinds in the Building for that Game in Detriot... Totally neutral fans. The first words my homegirl told me when they got out the building and called was "Seahawks got fukken robbed".

01-06-2011, 11:38 AM         #392
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steelerfan1 said:
They were the best teams in the NFC those seasons. Brady beat the Rams and Panthers and couldnt beat the Giants so whats your point?
Rams won 14, Panthers and Eagles won 13, the Giants were actually the weakest of the bunch. Brady did what he had to do and then the D lost it, it is what it is, Ben would have got dominated by that Giants defense.

I don't even get bringing up Brady, he s**ts on Ben in EVERY category, every last one, f**k out of here. Watch him shred the top D while your hero struggles against Rookies if we meet up.
 7 years ago '10        #393
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,370 | Props total: 9630 9630
 smokeweed101. said:
I know it is a what if scenario but it is kind of annoying to hear oh Ben has two rings, when everything else point to the other guys being better, everything. Also Brady has never played a SB against the Raiders, it is impossible.
Oh yea my fault it wasn't the Superbowl,but brady did get a bullsh!t call that led 2 them winning
 01-06-2011, 11:39 AM         #394
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steelerfan1 said:
They were the best teams in the NFC those seasons. Brady beat the Rams
That Rams team was Lethal...

The Pats D and Adam V had more to do with that Superbowl Win, but still, you can't say "The Rams" like that team wasn't f**ken incredibe.

Way better than either of the two teams yall beat.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
 01-06-2011, 11:40 AM         #395
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steelerfan1 said:
And your name is smokeweed101 so we already know your an idiot
Great comeback, you even missed my point and in ironic fashion lashed out on my knowledge.

Oh yea it is you're, idiot.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 01-06-2011 at 11:42 AM..
 01-06-2011, 11:41 AM         #396
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigree61 said:
romo and rodgers are the most overrated players in the NFL

are you serious right

now? someone call ashton

kutcher, I think I'm

being punk'd
 01-06-2011, 11:45 AM         #397
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Not against the Redskins, I think Brady, Peyton, Marino, Brees, Elway, Montana, Simms etc. have had 'greatest ever' performances on bigger stages and or against tougher defenses.

I really think you are jumping the gun here, how easily we forget the past. And he is not capable of doing that every Sunday, not every team is going to play like the Skins.
If you don't believe he's capable of doing that every game, then you're saying it was a fluke. It definitely counted...it wasn't preseason and the Skins are a pro team. I mean, they did put his jersey in the HOF after that game remember?

I've been watching/played football since the early '90s and haven't seen a better performance. You can argue the stage, but I'll agree to a certain extent...let's see what he does this month.

Dope Bai said:
Andre is the best in the L imo. Plus, I wouldn't want ot take a punch from him...

Megatron is up there too.
 7 years ago '04        #398
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
the big difference here is, some of you base being elite on either rings, late game comebacks, stats, or just skills

there is no black and white, and fans other than pats and steelers, IMO tend to base it more on skills than oh he has 2-3 rings or just bens comeback drive in the superbowl, what most people think is you can't base a qb being elite on one game or one play, if that was the case Eli woul be top 3-4 for what he did in his superbowl, you HAVE to bring stats into play, and you have to bring into consideration the teams they've played and how they perform in big games etc, you can't just make it black and white and say oh rivers isn't elite cuz he doesn't have a ring, he's played at a high level since he's been brought up, being consistent record wise is a team stat as is superbowl victories in most cases, and if you try to say you need multiple rings to be elite then youd have to leave amazing qbs out like Peyton, Favre, bottom line is to win a championship a lot more has to come together than just a qbs play
 01-06-2011, 11:46 AM         #399
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Ben would have got dominated by that Giants defense.
I'm not looking for get into a argument...

And call it a Injury... Call it whatever you will...

But there's no arguing that Brady got dominated by our Defense in that game...

Especially in contrast to what he had done that whole year...

Even to us in that Week 17 game.

Yes he had the Drive to take the lead at the end...

But in that Superbowl, Tom got handled by that Giants D.
 01-06-2011, 11:52 AM         #400
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
the big difference here is, some of you base being elite on either rings, late game comebacks, stats, or just skills

there is no black and white, and fans other than pats and steelers, IMO tend to base it more on skills than oh he has 2-3 rings or just bens comeback drive in the superbowl, what most people think is you can't base a qb being elite on one game or one play, if that was the case Eli woul be top 3-4 for what he did in his superbowl, you HAVE to bring stats into play, and you have to bring into consideration the teams they've played and how they perform in big games etc, you can't just make it black and white and say oh rivers isn't elite cuz he doesn't have a ring, he's played at a high level since he's been brought up, being consistent record wise is a team stat as is superbowl victories in most cases, and if you try to say you need multiple rings to be elite then youd have to leave amazing qbs out like Peyton, Favre, bottom line is to win a championship a lot more has to come together than just a qbs play

a packer fan had to school all of these n*ggas
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
22 hours ago