How much chocolate milk should I drink post-workout (Cardio/weights)?

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #21
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
since were on the subject, protein shakes end up clogging your gut. All the fat stays there. BUT it is the fastest way to digest protein to your body immiedietly after a workout, add dextrose, L glut, and BCAA amino acid to it and you just created heaven for your body in your stomach.
 7 years ago '05        #22
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
 Spiffy said:
since were on the subject, protein shakes end up clogging your gut. All the fat stays there. BUT it is the fastest way to digest protein to your body immiedietly after a workout, add dextrose, L glut, and BCAA amino acid to it and you just created heaven for your body in your stomach.
Total fat from a scoop of on's whey - 1g.

Provide evidence of the claims you're making or stay on the sidelines ho.
 7 years ago '05        #23
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,736 | Props total: 1878 1878
 pkilla111 said:
at this motherf**ker sayin drinking water is better for recovery than drinking choc milk. go with the milk. milks never bad for you. that dirty water is tho. and since when is milk bad for you? wtf
your an idiot. go do some research.

Dairy in general is bad for health.
 7 years ago '05        #24
Rubix 
space
space
 Gattsau said:
question on my lifts?

YOur really sitting here telling me that if you dont use pasturized milk or protein shakes u cant be big? Seriously man? What do you think they did before the invention of whey protein? Now look at this guy a 44 year old who doesnt use any whey protein or patsurized milk .

Disclaimer: Not saying I agree with everything he says but his knowledge for the most part is on point hes a great guy to research.

I also never said I dont take supplements I just dont believe in takingg ones that will damage my doy like your prototypical protein which contains msg, artfical sugars etc.

I probably take more supplements than anyone here.

Some of my daily supps

Omega 3's, vit d, vit c, ubiquonal, maqui, coconut oil, etc. However shakes are not better than real food. There is just no science to back all the misinformation out there.

These shakes for the most part are not good for you and I explained why. Its funny that noone can prove me wrong so yall just try personal attacks. Do some outside of the box reserarch and you will see that alot of what they tell u is wrong.

Supplements are a billion dollar industry (which is why the government will take it over). Alot of the information out there are not scitenfically proven. The enxt time you goto GNC looking to gain weight and they push on you Mass x*x, Cell tech, Multivitamin, Jack3d and Arimatest maybe you will stop to think "Is this guy really trying to help me or just make some commision off off me

what is there to prove wrong? raw milk vs. pasteurized milk is an ongoing debate. there is no general consensus. you aren't any more "right" than the pasteurize-party. what we do know is that unpasteurized milk can contain harmful life-threatening pathogens like e.coli and salmonella and that pasteurized milk can destroy beneficial bacteria along with some nutritional constituents. use your common sense. does the risks outweigh the rewards? if it does for you, go buy a cow and milk it yourself and give it to your kids in a bottle; but do us a favor and get off your soapbox and quit pretending like you know what you're talking about because the debate is backed up with science on both sides that exceed anything you nor i can begin to fathom.

@ acting like this "holistic" dietitian bulls**t even holds any weight. gtfo here with this "alternative" practitioner bulls**t. your field is nothing more than hokum. you might as well be pushing snake-oil.

Last edited by Rubix; 01-04-2011 at 08:13 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #25
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 0 0
I simply only wanted to know a reasonable measurement of chocolate milk to drink post-workout.

Classic BX.
 01-04-2011, 08:22 PM         #26
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All of this and your golden for mad muskulz cuzz

[pic - click to view]

ITs true cause I heard a buff dood say it at the gym
 7 years ago '05        #27
Rubix 
space
space
 CuZzA said:
I simply only wanted to know a reasonable measurement of chocolate milk to drink post-workout.

Classic BX.
if you post a thread titled "know any good steak recipes?," you know damn well some hippy f**k is gonna run in and say "free range only!" or "don't eat meat. do you know what they do to the cows!?!" god forbid the guy that answers the damn question though right?
 7 years ago '05        #28
Rubix 
space
space
 Gattsau said:
1. Wrong salmonella outbreaks are linked to the pasteurization of milk not vice versa.
2. Show me the science that shows pasteurized milk from grain feed cows is as healthy as unpasteurized milk from grass fed cows. I will wait.
3. The lataic bacteria in raw milk actually k!lls e.coli
4. Holistic dietitan is my passion but my degree is in regular dietetics so . Ive been on both sides of the arguement and only a fool (like you) would argue that patuziered milk with growth horomones is better for u than organic milk.
5. Lol @ comparing organic holistic living to snake oil . if anything its the other way around. @ thinking choclate milk or protein powderis better for u than real food

go quote me, bold it and superf**ken size the part where i said a) chocolate milk/protein powder is better than whole food. b) pasteurized milk is better than raw milk. go ahead. i will personally pay pal you 100 bucks if you can show where i made those arguments. i said that it's an ongoing debate and at this point, there is no consensus. i don't expect you to know what that means because your reading skills is as abhorrent as your grammar; and stinks more than your bulls**t. in the certification thread, you said you were getting your "registered holistic dietitian" pending the outcome of a "test." no mention of a "regular" dietetics. you aren't even f**ken licensed. now you're claiming you're getting your Masters. what is your thesis on? actually, save your bulls**t for another day or maybe, save it for the hypothetical paper you're preparing.
 7 years ago '09        #29
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,434 | Props total: 1353 1353
Gattsau you are off topic as hell and totally missed the entire point of this thread. and also is a raging hippie.... BUT

On the other hand I have seen Food Inc. and another documentary whose name I don't remember and although i cant speak on the correctness of all the scientific data but the way food is mass produced and the amount of steroids cant be healthy in the long run for humans. Purdue uses so many steroids in their chickens to make larger brea$t that the chickens can walk.

So alright post but you are still WRONG milk is good POST WORKOUT drink....IDK what you were talking about water or whatever and normal food doesnt digest in enough time to make a good post workout meal nor is it practical.

To OP I normally drink between 16-20oz. and I weigh 200lbs
 7 years ago '08        #30
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,981 | Props total: 1 1
 Gattsau said:
question on my lifts?

YOur really sitting here telling me that if you dont use pasturized milk or protein shakes u cant be big? Seriously man? What do you think they did before the invention of whey protein? Now look at this guy a 44 year old who doesnt use any whey protein or patsurized milk .

Disclaimer: Not saying I agree with everything he says but his knowledge for the most part is on point hes a great guy to research.

I also never said I dont take supplements I just dont believe in takingg ones that will damage my doy like your prototypical protein which contains msg, artfical sugars etc.

I probably take more supplements than anyone here.

Some of my daily supps

Omega 3's, vit d, vit c, ubiquonal, maqui, coconut oil, etc. However shakes are not better than real food. There is just no science to back all the misinformation out there.

These shakes for the most part are not good for you and I explained why. Its funny that noone can prove me wrong so yall just try personal attacks. Do some outside of the box reserarch and you will see that alot of what they tell u is wrong.

Supplements are a billion dollar industry (which is why the government will take it over). Alot of the information out there are not scitenfically proven. The enxt time you goto GNC looking to gain weight and they push on you Mass x*x, Cell tech, Multivitamin, Jack3d and Arimatest maybe you will stop to think "Is this guy really trying to help me or just make some commision off off me

and what lifts do you want to know about from me?

I wasn't trying to attack you, I made a little joke out of it, but you actually back up most of your statements with videos and other research, and I respect that, even though I disagree, for the simple fact that there are people who have been using protein supplements, and drinking milk and still are very active and healthy than people that don't. Correlation does not equal causation, just like a smoker can live till they are 80 while a person who's never smoked can die of lung cancer at 30. I simply feel you are reading into it with a little too much.

In any case, I'm curious about what you bench, squat, and deadlift.
 7 years ago '09        #31
Al Goody 48 heat pts48
space
space
$4,571 | Props total: 0 0
does anyone else have a craving for an ice cold glass of chocolate milk now?

this is a classic thread hands down. I never thought I'd see an argument over chocolate milk....

Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
93 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy