Kobe responds to Phil Jackson: "I'm not buying any of that Zen bulls**t"

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
9907 pageviews
141 comments

bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544
Kobe responds to Phil Jackson: "I'm not buying any of that Zen bulls**t"

[pic - click to view]

Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson have been with the L.A. Lakers together for more than 10 years. Most marriages don't last that long; you'll understand if Kobe and Phil bicker a bit now and then, especially when things are rocky at home. Things are certainly rocky at home, with the Grizzlies k!llin' the Lakers 104-85 at Staples Center on Sunday night.

Kobe took 22 shots in the game; no other Laker -- not even Pau Gasol, who actually played more minutes than Bryant -- took so many as 10. After the beatdown, Jackson seemed to blame Kobe's selfishness for the loss.

"Kobe had to screw up the game and start energizing the team by going one-on-one," Jackson said. "That takes the rest of the guys out and as a consequence, that didn't bring us back in."

Jackson also blamed himself for giving the team New Year's Day off from practice. Kobe took his own dig back at Phil.

"We've had days off and blown teams out, so I'm not buying any of that Zen bulls--t," Bryant said. "I think we're looking too far down the road instead of looking just at the game that's right in front of you. You start skipping steps if you look too far down the line."

Words! Something does have to give -- Pau, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum are too good to be playing Pips to Kobe's Gladys Knight. Bryant's usage rate has shot up this season for reasons unknown, and -- given that Gasol in particular is hugely efficient -- it's a problem on a game-to-game basis. But that's only because the Lakers' defense, No. 4 last year and No. 12 this season, can't get enough stops to make the FGA totals irrelevant.

The Lakers will win a bunch of games soon enough, and this drama will disappear until some playoff game in May, where Kobe shoots too much, Jackson criticizes him, and Bryant refuses to shoot in the first quarter of the next game. But that too will get worked out, and whether the Lakers win another championship will depend on how they perform, not how their star and coach are getting along.

[pic - click to view]

Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson Exchange Passive-Aggressive Criticisms - From Our Editors - SBNation.com

Last edited by bkid; 01-03-2011 at 10:43 AM..

141 comments for "Kobe responds to Phil Jackson: "I'm not buying any of that Zen bulls**t""

7 years ago '04        #2
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Hell in the peaceful Laker garden
 7 years ago '10        #3
JaYYo 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,027 | Props total: 563 563
how many rings would Kobe have without Phil Jackson? Wasnt Kobe fiending to bring him back as coach when he didnt have him?
 7 years ago '09        #4
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 726 726

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #5
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
I coulda swore this would be one of those famous BX threads on some Big Dee style where n*ggas straight flip the quote into what dude really wanted to say but side stepped around it.

Kobe firing shots though
 7 years ago '10        #6
SpacelyPockets 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 404 404
Tell this ball hogger to give up the rock bum a.ss n*gga playing like he in a 2k10 game isoing tryna 1 on 1 n*ggas smh watch these laker stans come to his rescue though next time phil jackson need to bench him and let shannon take his place
 7 years ago '09        #7
devilinsider 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,226 | Props total: 1770 1770
Ya'll make it real easy on here to figure out who watches these games and knows basketball, and who don't. Pau playing like a straight up b**ch. If you don't see that I question what games ya'll are watching. The only reason Phil is saying this stuff about Kobe is so he can try and get everyone else going. He knows Kobe isn't the real reason why they keep losing. He does s**t like this damn near every year.
 7 years ago '09        #8
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
"I think we're looking too far down the road instead of looking just at the game that's right in front of you. You start skipping steps if you look too far down the line."
exactly, these dudes are already in the finals in their minds.

it's not a big deal, these 2 obviously dont get along perfectly with each other. Kobe is to hard headed to even worth commenting back imo
 7 years ago '07        #9
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
ruh-oh shaggy...
 7 years ago '07        #10
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,210 | Props total: 15095 15095
 Gattsau said:
replace kobe with about 10-15 sg/sfs and the lakers are better.
his ego and diminished skills are why they are losing .
get the f**k outta here
 7 years ago '08        #11
bkid 126 heat pts126 OP
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544
love how lakers fan try to play it out like it's nothing
 7 years ago '07        #12
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13067 13067
just gonna repeat what i said in the other thread

joshdogg26 said:
this s**t has the potential to turn ugly like when shaq left and phil left the first time. phil's been sending shots at kobe all season trying to work his little zen motivational magic, but it's a fine line. s**t's gotta be tense in that locker room right now.
everybody knows phil's just trying to push buttons, but i don't think kobe will respond to that positively
 7 years ago '07        #13
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13067 13067
just noticed kobe has the second highest usage rate of his career right now. definitely not a good look.
 7 years ago '07        #14
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 bkid said:
love how lakers fan try to play it out like it's nothing
Well its not like this is anything new..so what do you expect?
 7 years ago '07        #15
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
just gonna repeat what i said in the other thread

everybody knows phil's just trying to push buttons, but i don't think kobe will respond to that positively
Kobe will be fine, he's not a dude that needs to be told what to do or find motivation from somebody saying something or w/e.

as usual, BX blows s**t way outta proportion, don't even know why I come to this section any more
 01-03-2011, 11:30 AM         #16
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
@ Kobe choking under the pressure of fulfilling a three-peat

the stupid s**t, stupid people says...
 7 years ago '04        #17
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
Oh s**t... He's taking shots at Phil's livelihood..
 01-03-2011, 11:37 AM         #18
Dr Seuss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i've never heard jackson saying that to jordan
 7 years ago '07        #19
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,591 | Props total: 70217 70217
Lol so the anti kobe is in full course on bx huh?
 7 years ago '07        #20
space
space
 Dr Seuss said:
i've never heard jackson saying that to jordan
first post just happens to be in this thread huh?

Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy