NBA Has Youngest Median Age Viewer

most viewed right now
 123
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 89
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 82
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 74
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #1
6834 pageviews
32 comments


Alerts 221 heat pts221
space
avatar space
space
$15,308 | Props total: 5250 5250
NBA Has Youngest Median Age Viewer
 

 

[pic - click to view]



The NBA has the youngest median age viewer in the United States' major sports, according to Nielsen ratings.

The media age for the NBA is 39.3, compared to 43.4 for NHL, 46.0 for NFL, 51.4 for MLB and Nascar has a 51.6.



[pic - click to view]

 RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: NBA Has Youngest Median Age Viewer

I thought it was interesting and wanted to hear how others felt about the topic.

32 comments for "NBA Has Youngest Median Age Viewer"

 7 years ago '04        #2
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
 7 years ago '06        #3
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Median is not the same as average... it's the middle point


so if the NBA has 100 viewers, and for the sake of argument they were age 1,2,3,4 all the way up to 100, the median would be 50 because it's in the middle.

Now if they did the average (mean), that would actually mean something. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the lowest average age as well. Look at the average fan, stupid as f**k and only cares about the dunk of the night or w/e instead of the actual game. That's why I enjoy talking baseball or football more, even though basketball is my favorite sport. Basketball/football fan's IQs for the most part>>>>dumbass NBA fans
 7 years ago '07        #4
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30374 30374
 beantown said:
Median is not the same as average... it's the middle point


so if the NBA has 100 viewers, and for the sake of argument they were age 1,2,3,4 all the way up to 100, the median would be 50 because it's in the middle.

Now if they did the average (mean), that would actually mean something. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the lowest average age as well. Look at the average fan, stupid as f**k and only cares about the dunk of the night or w/e instead of the actual game. That's why I enjoy talking baseball or football more, even though basketball is my favorite sport. Basketball/football fan's IQs for the most part>>>>dumbass NBA fans

Wait wait...


Average is the middle with no regard for quantity. For instance, 3 dudes aged 50 watch Nba and one dude aged 1. Therefore the average age is 37.

However, median would take into account that the bulk of the views are aged 50, and the median age would be the middle of a bell curve.... a bell curve that peaks at closer to 50 than to 37.

Or am I backwards? It's been awhile.

Players of those sports you listed are representative of the I.Q.s of the their fans. For instance, you can't even get into the NFL without a college education. Whereas the most popular basketball athletes currently have peaked at high school education. That is why LBJ can say, with a straight face... that even though he said certain teams should be removed from the league, he did not say he wanted 'contraction' due to the fact that he had no idea what the word meant.

Also, I noticed you made a distinction between 'Basketball' fans and 'NBA' fans. Care to elaborate?
 7 years ago '10        #5
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
avatar space
space
$17,764 | Props total: 7327 7327
Is this sh*t based on Nielsen ratings?
 7 years ago '08        #6
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Im not surprised, I already said awhile back that when I was a kid that basketball was my favorite sport. Then as I grew from a young kid to a pre teen, football became my favorite sport because I liked that it was more physical and contact driven. That's why looking back at my own maturation in sports taste, I've never understood how grown men could like basketball more football. The only exception being if your from Chicago, LA, Boston, or somewhere that has had an era of a super successful basketball team. Beyond that, I do not know how a grown men likes basketball more than football.
 7 years ago '10        #7
smoothSeph 63 heat pts63
space
avatar space
space
$7,209 | Props total: 2476 2476
 Chief Dee said:
Im not surprised, I already said awhile back that when I was a kid that basketball was my favorite sport. Then as I grew from a young kid to a pre teen, football became my favorite sport because I liked that it was more physical and contact driven. That's why looking back at my own maturation in sports taste, I've never understood how grown men could like basketball more football. The only exception being if your from Chicago, LA, Boston, or somewhere that has had an era of a super successful basketball team. Beyond that, I do not know how a grown men likes basketball more than football.
soo 39.3 aint still a grown man? i think these stats are meaningless, no pun intended
 7 years ago '05        #8
micseles 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,766 | Props total: 4251 4251
^^^true lol,... so 39 isnt grown anymore lol


grown men like, what they want to like. Thats what makes them grown men. You dont have to be from those front runner states or cities to love a sport, you just have to love a sport. Peoples logic is so off sometimes its alarming
 7 years ago '04        #9
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 96 96
 Chief Dee said:
Im not surprised, I already said awhile back that when I was a kid that basketball was my favorite sport. Then as I grew from a young kid to a pre teen, football became my favorite sport because I liked that it was more physical and contact driven. That's why looking back at my own maturation in sports taste, I've never understood how grown men could like basketball more football. The only exception being if your from Chicago, LA, Boston, or somewhere that has had an era of a super successful basketball team. Beyond that, I do not know how a grown men likes basketball more than football.
Not every grown man is about contact. Football is too slow, Bball is more fast paced and the game flows better. Especially when you been playing it for a long as time you can relate to it more than any other sports.

Football is cool and all I like the sport but I don't like it for its contact physical play I like it cause of the strategy invovled to play the game. If I wanted to watch a contact sport I will watch MMA
 7 years ago '05        #10
micseles 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,766 | Props total: 4251 4251
and basketball fans = fans of the sport (would watch/play/attend basketball even it wasnt nationally televised/popular)

nba fans=fans of the league and its stars. probably only watch the "popular" teams and superstar players and could care less about the sport until marchmadness and playoffs
 7 years ago '05        #11
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,445 | Props total: 7088 7088
It has a lot to do with older people not having a vested interest in NBA in the 70's and 80's because nobody really watched it. It wasn't until Larry and Magic came along, heading into the Jordan era, that the NBA really took off. Maybe I'm way off base with that, but from what I recall reading/hearing, that is true. So it makes sense that 40-50-60 year old men wouldn't give a s**t about the NBA because they didn't have a reason to watch it when they were young. People in their 20's (I'm 23), had the pleasure of growing up in the Magic/Bird era, and especially the Jordan era, which made us fall in love with the sport.
 7 years ago '04        #12
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 96 96
I am not sure how the NBA is marketed in the states but up here in Canada its marketed to be more family orientated similar to how the WWE is marketed. When I watch an NBA game I barley see bear adds compared to NHL and NFL games.

If NBA was more marketed to middle age men then Stern would allow the game to be alot more physical and ez off with the BS reffing. Thats the way to attract the older audience.
 12-30-2010, 10:32 PM         #13
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Baseball =

[video - click to view]

 7 years ago '04        #14
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 beantown said:
Median is not the same as average... it's the middle point


so if the NBA has 100 viewers, and for the sake of argument they were age 1,2,3,4 all the way up to 100, the median would be 50 because it's in the middle.

Now if they did the average (mean), that would actually mean something. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the lowest average age as well. Look at the average fan, stupid as f**k and only cares about the dunk of the night or w/e instead of the actual game. That's why I enjoy talking baseball or football more, even though basketball is my favorite sport. Basketball/football fan's IQs for the most part>>>>dumbass NBA fans
 7 years ago '04        #15
A-money 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Wait wait...


Average is the middle with no regard for quantity. For instance, 3 dudes aged 50 watch Nba and one dude aged 1. Therefore the average age is 37.

However, median would take into account that the bulk of the views are aged 50, and the median age would be the middle of a bell curve.... a bell curve that peaks at closer to 50 than to 37.

Or am I backwards? It's been awhile.

Players of those sports you listed are representative of the I.Q.s of the their fans. For instance, you can't even get into the NFL without a college education. Whereas the most popular basketball athletes currently have peaked at high school education. That is why LBJ can say, with a straight face... that even though he said certain teams should be removed from the league, he did not say he wanted 'contraction' due to the fact that he had no idea what the word meant.

Also, I noticed you made a distinction between 'Basketball' fans and 'NBA' fans. Care to elaborate?
You have it backwards.
 7 years ago '06        #16
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
avatar space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 18816 18816
@ n*ggas not knowing the definition of "median"....
 7 years ago '04        #17
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,173 | Props total: 2466 2466
 Atwal11 said:
are you guys retarded?? do you guys not have simple math skills?? clearly they're taking the average age.. not the middle.. if it were the middle how would NBA have a 39.3? NHL wouldn't be able to have 43.4.. MLB wouldn't have 51.4 and Nascar wouldn't have 51.6.. the middle between the largest number and the smallest is always gonna end with either .5 or .0..
If they were taking the average, it would say "mean" and not "median."
 12-31-2010, 08:04 AM         #18
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
It has a lot to do with older people not having a vested interest in NBA in the 70's and 80's because nobody really watched it. It wasn't until Larry and Magic came along, heading into the Jordan era, that the NBA really took off. Maybe I'm way off base with that, but from what I recall reading/hearing, that is true. So it makes sense that 40-50-60 year old men wouldn't give a s**t about the NBA because they didn't have a reason to watch it when they were young. People in their 20's (I'm 23), had the pleasure of growing up in the Magic/Bird era, and especially the Jordan era, which made us fall in love with the sport.

I heard more than a few old men talk about the NBA.
 7 years ago '04        #19
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11564 11564
well lets be honest look @ the history of the sports. apply that to popularity and the different cultures in it.
 7 years ago '07        #20
Bruce Leeroy 
space
avatar space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Without a doubt my favorite sport followed by football/boxing
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 29
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 16
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 4
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy