Uh OH PS3 Fully 100% hacked (Sign your own code now)

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
182 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #121
C19932 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,791 | Props total: 78 78
why are people arguing about their degrees of education and careers in a ps3 thread?
 12-31-2010, 03:11 PM         #122
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
s**t is getting serious, im seeing people i havent seen in years come out and release files for this.

only a matter of time til Dark_Alex shows his face again.....
 12-31-2010, 03:13 PM         #123
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

this is also the reason its gonna take a while before this gets nice and streamlined for you guys, the hacks are ugly and theres no GUI for you script kiddies yet.

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 12-31-2010 at 03:17 PM..
 12-31-2010, 03:19 PM         #124
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
need more clarification on if/why they cant use the GPU in linux......
 12-31-2010, 03:22 PM         #125
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
There is no driver support for RSX in linux. Unless if someone can write one from scratch, there will never be GPU support in linux. Even when OtherOS was still working, there was no GPU support. Sony does not have a RSX linux driver. Maybe Nvidia does, but they are not releasing it. So as of right now the only driver for the RSX works with GameOS, not linux.
 7 years ago '05        #126
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,630 | Props total: 13706 13706
 nitetrain8601 said:
Uh, yeah you do. When you're certified, it shows that you have knowledge in the latest software, operating systems, kernels, etc. That's why a lot of certs expire after a certain amount of time. I think Comptia requires you to re-certify after 5 years. So, sorry, there's a damn good point to go ahead and have certs while having a bachelor's. Even if he graduated just 10 years ago, it rains true.

Boxden can't be this dumb.

And for the record, I don't agree with everything DaIll says, especially in this thread, but unless you're in Information Systems, or Computer Engineering, I don't think you have an idea of what employers are looking for. Many times, these employers pay for you to get certified even after a degree.
I just graduated with a degree in CIS, I know just a little bit about the subject.

Graduating 10 years ago in my field is hardly recent. You might as well be an ancient relic of the Mayans.

Every job I applied for wanted either or, not both. The job I'm at currently was the same way. As I said, it's understandable if you're not a recent graduate or only hold certifications, because those expire. Doesn't make sense if you are though.
 7 years ago '04        #127
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 WorldsStrangest said:
He said they didn't have time to get it cleaned up yet...I guess this waws a last second thing to attend this show and they just threw together a harsh presentation showing it be possible...but this is great...I can't wait for the GUI to come out...
 12-31-2010, 03:35 PM         #128
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
There is no driver support for RSX in linux. Unless if someone can write one from scratch, there will never be GPU support in linux. Even when OtherOS was still working, there was no GPU support. Sony does not have a RSX linux driver. Maybe Nvidia does, but they are not releasing it. So as of right now the only driver for the RSX works with GameOS, not linux.
:hmm:

now, correct me if im wrong....but basicially all this talk of hacking PS3 to use linux is buls**t because they didnt use linux to hack...or basicially....they hacked it for linux...but thyre not gonna use linux on it??

or basicially......theyre gonna try to get linux on there still....but 99% of other people are just gonna build hacks/homebrew using gameOS

side note....quick history of ps3 hacking

im actually backing metalzoa here, the piracy has been done but everything else has not (open console/flashed boot)

PlayStation 3

The PlayStation 3 was designed to run other operating systems from day one. Very soon after launch, the first users managed to install Fedora Core 5 onto the PlayStation 3 via the 'Install Other OS' option in the PlayStation 3's XMB (Xross Media Bar), which also allows configuring the PlayStation 3 to boot into the other OS installed by default.

So far, several Linux flavors have been successfully installed to the PlayStation 3, such as Fedora Core 5, Fedora Core 6, Gentoo, Ubuntu and Yellow Dog Linux (YDL). The latter comes installed with the Cell SDK by default, allowing programmers a low cost entry into Cell programming. See also: Linux for PlayStation 3

Originally, graphics support was limited to framebuffer access only (no access to the PlayStation 3's graphics chip RSX yet), some access to the RSX graphics chip was achieved however Sony blocked this with firmware release 2.10.

Homebrew developers do have access to the Cell microprocessor, including 6 of its 7 active Synergistic Processing Elements (SPEs). The Game OS resides under a hypervisor and prevents users from taking full control of the PlayStation 3's hardware. This is a security measure which helps Sony feel secure enough to allow users to install other operating systems on the PS3.

The Sixaxis controller has also been exposed to Linux and Windows,[4] but as of yet no driver seems to have been successfully created that exposes its tilt sensor and accelerometer functionality. However other drivers have successfully used it as a controller for gaming etc.

In May 2008, a vulnerability was found in the PlayStation 3 allowing users to install a partial debug firmware on a regular console. However, the debug functionality is disabled, so neither homebrew applications nor backup games can be run yet.

Another exploit was found on August 14, 2008, allowing users to boot some backup games from the PlayStation 3's HDD, although the exact instructions on how to do this were not released at that time. However, a different person posted instructions 10 days later, which explained the exploit.[5]

On January 6, 2009 a hacking ring known as the "Sh4d0ws" leaked the jig files needed to launch the PlayStation 3 into service mode. Although the PlayStation 3 can be triggered into service mode, it is not yet of any use because the files needed to make changes to the console have not been leaked.[6]

On August 31, 2010 PSGroove, an exploit for the PS3 through the usb port, was released and open sourced. This exploit works on all of the PS3 models released up till then.[7] A guide for the creation of the PSGroove is available through several online sources.[8]
 12-31-2010, 03:36 PM         #129
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
He said they didn't have time to get it cleaned up yet...I guess this waws a last second thing to attend this show and they just threw together a harsh presentation showing it be possible...but this is great...I can't wait for the GUI to come out...
No GUI is not the same as no GPU. There was no GUI and they needed a laptop to display the linux bootup because of the rough presentation they threw together to show as proof for those who did not believe them. GPU support requires a linux driver, good luck with writing one. That is going to be incredibly difficult to write from scratch without help from Nvidia at all. They will have a GUI eventually, but it will use the Cell processor to display everything much like OtherOS did. RSX support may never come from linux.
 7 years ago '04        #130
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
this is my favorite thread on boxden ever.

i dont even care about the ps3 parts. the nerd beef is hilarious
 7 years ago '10        #131
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,405 | Props total: 2348 2348
so can i play bootlegs from a hard drive or what?
 12-31-2010, 03:43 PM         #132
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:

now, correct me if im wrong....but basicially all this talk of hacking PS3 to use linux is buls**t because they didnt use linux to hack...or basicially....they hacked it for linux...but thyre not gonna use linux on it??

or basicially......theyre gonna try to get linux on there still....but 99% of other people are just gonna build hacks/homebrew using gameOS

side note....quick history of ps3 hacking

im actually backing metalzoa here, the piracy has been done but everything else has not (open console/flashed boot)
Ok, this group starting on hacking the PS3 recently. After OtherOS was removed. OtherOS allowed linux to be used on the PS3, crippled, but still linux. When Sony removed OtherOS from the slim version and other PS3 versions through updates, this group decided to bring linux back through hacks.

Yes Jailbreak allowed backups to be ran before. No hacks used before allowed complete control though. This method used by fail0verflow does. They can flash the NOR Nand and have the PS3 run whatever they want, ie linux or CFW. That is the actual hack itself. This hack cannot be fixed by Sony through updates. Because it involves using Metldr and there are keys in Metldr that even Sony does not have. Only your specific PS3 has those keys. Metldr cannot be updated or revoked. This is why the hardware hack is here to stay no matter how many software updates Sony does.

The private key they obtained was not necessary to use CFW, it just makes it easier. With the private key they can now sign CFW and have it install on PS3s without the use of a modchip or hardware modification.

The console is open now. They can install whatever they want. If that is not open, what is?

By the way, you do not need the RSX to have a GUI with linux. OtherOS used the Cell processor to display the GUI and AsbestOS (hackers linux build) will do the same eventually. At least they will have access to the extra 256MB of ram that RSX uses now. That will help improve linux performance greatly. Not having a driver does not mean you do not have access.

Last edited by xeduran; 12-31-2010 at 03:53 PM..
 12-31-2010, 03:52 PM         #133
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:

The console is open now. They can install whatever they want. If that is not open, what is?

[pic - click to view]

12-31-2010, 03:58 PM         #134
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RedLight said:
so can i play bootlegs from a hard drive or what?
Have you been hibernating for the past three or so months? Ever heard of PS3 Jailbreak. This has been around for a few months now. Just Sony crippled this method from firmware 3.42 and on. This new method will allow backups and complete access from here on out.
 7 years ago '04        #135
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
The hack is here to stay but do you think sony can detect this hack if a user was to go online with it?
 7 years ago '05        #136
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Impossible. Every CFW update and game package will be signed by Sony's private code. They really don't have the right to ban anyone, even if they knew someone is pirating.

Unless people play games weeks before official release.

You may purchase bootlegs for five dollars a pop from your local flea market and Sony won't detect a thing.

Or don't. Since this will detect BD-Rips and .iso files stored onto USB storage drives. Or internally.
 7 years ago '05        #137
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
This is all well and good and we win for now, but hackers have the potential to destroy the videogame industry for all of us.

7 years ago '05        #138
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
We still have.

[pic - click to view]

12-31-2010, 04:36 PM         #139
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
Impossible. Every CFW update and game package will be signed by Sony's private code. .

[pic - click to view]

12-31-2010, 04:45 PM         #140
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=JaiMega;17959261]Impossible. Every CFW update and game package will be signed by Sony's private code.

Not entirely true. Any firmware that is modified, ie CFW, will not be identical to Sony's firmware. Signing it just means that any PS3 can run it, it does not mean it cannot be detected. The PS3 does not know the difference, but Sony can. All they have to do is check the firmware files as soon as you login to PSN and compare them with the official firmware version. If there is a difference, ban you. There may be some stealth modifications that can be done, but Sony will most likely figure those out as well. Do not expect to see easy PSN access. Sony will definitely work hard not to allow that.

By the way, you cannot just play bootleg games burnt onto bluray discs. The signing keys for games were not released or found yet. They are not necessary to play backups, but if you want to burn your own game onto a bluray disc you need those keys. Only games stored on the internal harddrive or an external harddrive can be played as of right now. And those methods can be detected by Sony if you login to PSN.

Last edited by xeduran; 12-31-2010 at 04:49 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
215 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
85 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago