Uh OH PS3 Fully 100% hacked (Sign your own code now)

most viewed right now
 118
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 91
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 88
Damn!! Is all I can say
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 69
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 12-30-2010, 08:10 PM         #81
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Obviously you don't know as much as you think you know...

Code signing

Code signing is the process of digitally signing executables and scripts to confirm the software author and guarantee that the code has not been altered or corrupted since it was signed by use of a cryptographic hash.



If you write a program and the certificate for it isn't signed...your PC asks you if you still want to run it..well the PS3 wont even ask it just wont run it period... So you write the program and Sign it as Sony since you have private keys and the PS 3 trusts the program now and will run it... So next time you want to ACT all computer smart, how about you actually know how to act...
They don't know. They want to act like they know everything, but this news has already been vouched for. They need to read up on the Hypervisor and Cell Architecture to find out how the PS3 security really works. Heck they mentioned most of it in the powerpoint.

By the way, you are completely wrong about making Xbox 360 games run on the PS3. The architecture is completely different. You cannot even just take the source code and compile it for the Cell processor. It needs to be optimized, it would take a whole development team to do that. Porting games requires a lot of work and optimization.


Last edited by xeduran; 12-30-2010 at 08:21 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #82
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
avatar space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 xeduran said:
They don't know. They want to act like they know everything, but this news has already been vouched for. They need to read up on the Hypervisor and Cell Architecture to find out how the PS3 security really works. Heck they mentioned most of it in the powerpoint.

By the way, you are completely wrong about making Xbox 360 games run on the PS3. The architecture is completely different. You cannot even just take the source code and compile it for the Cell processor. It needs to be optimized, it would take a whole development team to do that. Porting games requires a lot of work and optimization.
all you need is a emulation program that can emulate the 360 game while running on PS3... it's impossible to do forPS3 on 360 because 360 can't read Blu Ray's...but if you emulate the 360 withint the PS3 program this hack with the private keys should run it... obviously it's not as easy as just putting the game in you need to do other stuff...but I don't see why it wouldn't work...I program all day at work and do networking, I Know it's possible to work, wheter it would run flawlessly or not that I don't know but it would work
 12-30-2010, 09:15 PM         #83
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
all you need is a emulation program that can emulate the 360 game while running on PS3... it's impossible to do forPS3 on 360 because 360 can't read Blu Ray's...but if you emulate the 360 withint the PS3 program this hack with the private keys should run it... obviously it's not as easy as just putting the game in you need to do other stuff...but I don't see why it wouldn't work...I program all day at work and do networking, I Know it's possible to work, wheter it would run flawlessly or not that I don't know but it would work
Sorry to bust your bubble, but it would be easier to port an entire game over to the PS3 than to emulate the Xbox 360. First of all you need hardware that is SEVERAL times faster than the original hardware to emulate it. Not even the most powerful home PCs can emulate the Xbox 360 right now. There isn't even a fully functional PC Xbox 360 emulator out. Heck not even the original Xbox has been fully emulated. Sony had so much trouble trying to fully emulate the PS2 on Slim machines that they never released the emulator.

Maybe and this is a big maybe, a Wii emulator will be developed. But if one is, I would not expect many games to run full speed. Xbox 360 emulator is just not happening bruh. As for porting a game over, you need the original source code to even think of beginning that process. No exploit is going to every give you the source code. Only the game developers have access to that.
 7 years ago '05        #84
PhrozenMenace 
space
avatar space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
does it fix ylod too?








naw but this sounds nice
 7 years ago '07        #85
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1357 1357
 7 years ago '04        #86
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 6786 6786
:jay: "we only do it for homebrew"
 7 years ago '05        #87
JaiMega 
space
avatar space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
So it seems that Sony can sign any media they want. PS2 and PS1 games would now be playable, perhaps you can even play PSP on the big screen.

So that means s**t like GameShark is gonna be making a comeback sometime soon. We probably get to play modified games like Black Ops.

(Online for PS3 is f**ked, well. It's about to get f**ked even harder at least if Sony doesn't do something.). n*ggas are gonna be flying and firing infinite rocket launchers.

Probably lose 3rd party support like Dreamcast and become a dead console, hope not though.

It's like the Dreamcast in some ways, where there's no modding needed. No jailbreaking, flashing whatever and s**t like that. Because it's Sony's own code that they are signing the media with, so any BD-R can be signed with the generated code, you can just pop it in and it works.


Last edited by JaiMega; 12-31-2010 at 12:22 AM..
 12-31-2010, 12:32 AM         #88
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ldogg310 said:
soooooooooooooooooo

yeah, someone explain to me in n*gga language if i can do this or i need to pay a nerd?
hackers kicked in the front door. took everything. left no survivors.

sony code is now there code


in 1 month they will release tools and soon it will be anyone's code to mod

in 2-3 months CFW will be availible and the PS3 will be god reincarnated in home media device form
 12-31-2010, 05:29 AM         #89
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
hackers kicked in the front door. took everything. left no survivors.

sony code is now there code


in 1 month they will release tools and soon it will be anyone's code to mod

in 2-3 months CFW will be availible and the PS3 will be god reincarnated in home media device form
source?
 12-31-2010, 05:42 AM         #90
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
So it seems that Sony can sign any media they want. PS2 and PS1 games would now be playable, perhaps you can even play PSP on the big screen.

So that means s**t like GameShark is gonna be making a comeback sometime soon. We probably get to play modified games like Black Ops.

(Online for PS3 is f**ked, well. It's about to get f**ked even harder at least if Sony doesn't do something.). n*ggas are gonna be flying and firing infinite rocket launchers.

Probably lose 3rd party support like Dreamcast and become a dead console, hope not though.

It's like the Dreamcast in some ways, where there's no modding needed. No jailbreaking, flashing whatever and s**t like that. Because it's Sony's own code that they are signing the media with, so any BD-R can be signed with the generated code, you can just pop it in and it works.
And you are expecting that there is no circumvention technique for this?
Like I said ... you can sign anything you want, but when it comes down to it you are still going to need to run a handful of extra scripts in the background to access resources even if you were going to get whatever you signed to run like the real deal. This is where the chokepoint of the virtual linux environment comes in play.

How exactly is this code going to be that ground-breaking? You still need access to resources locked behind other levels of security in the environment. I really want to believe its as easy as signing whatever you want and putting it in there, but Cell's vulnerabilities were designed to be covered by other aspects of its structure. The whole Cell defense is not just in one code, or one access point. It's actually the whole system that has a lot of checks and fail safes so a compromise on one level or the other does not expose the guts of the system.

But hey, Im talking too much right? Everytime these hackers have finally f**ked Sony's security and one week later we are back to the same situation. Lets just see some dumps and solid proof that these guys have accomplished what they are insinuating and we'll see.
4 years to crack a fail system? And you still have no proof except Powerpoint?

Anything can be theoretically done on Powerpoint. I can show you how Pentagon's security sucks and I can execute a plan to take a dump in the Oval Office and get out undetected, but its in the actual application of that plan that you will see its not so easy to s**t on the President's desk.
 12-31-2010, 07:01 AM         #91
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
source?
the source about the tools in the vid. they said the hacks were too ugly so theyre taking a month to clean the tools for the hacks then release them.

i even heard talk a modchip in the presentation so maybe theyres a possibility of that showing up as a way to hack the PS3 as well


they said they would demo it so maybe a vid of that will show up soon

the 2-3 months for CFW is a theory...
 12-31-2010, 09:51 AM         #92
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
And you are expecting that there is no circumvention technique for this?
Like I said ... you can sign anything you want, but when it comes down to it you are still going to need to run a handful of extra scripts in the background to access resources even if you were going to get whatever you signed to run like the real deal. This is where the chokepoint of the virtual linux environment comes in play.

How exactly is this code going to be that ground-breaking? You still need access to resources locked behind other levels of security in the environment. I really want to believe its as easy as signing whatever you want and putting it in there, but Cell's vulnerabilities were designed to be covered by other aspects of its structure. The whole Cell defense is not just in one code, or one access point. It's actually the whole system that has a lot of checks and fail safes so a compromise on one level or the other does not expose the guts of the system.

But hey, Im talking too much right? Everytime these hackers have finally f**ked Sony's security and one week later we are back to the same situation. Lets just see some dumps and solid proof that these guys have accomplished what they are insinuating and we'll see.
4 years to crack a fail system? And you still have no proof except Powerpoint?

Anything can be theoretically done on Powerpoint. I can show you how Pentagon's security sucks and I can execute a plan to take a dump in the Oval Office and get out undetected, but its in the actual application of that plan that you will see its not so easy to s**t on the President's desk.
CFW allows full access to the hardware. They have complete access already. The next day they showed linux running from boot up on the PS3 without a dongle or anything else. Instead of GameOS running linux was running on a PS3 Slim. With the key you can sign PUP files which are used to update GameOS. Those PUP files can have whatever software you want it to have with whatever payload you want with full hypervisor access. That is full control. Seriously dude, read up on how the PS3 works. You want to call this all fake yet it has been verified by hackers who have broken the Wii, PSP, etc. This is not some hoax.

One more thing. Do not mistake the vulnerabilities of the Cell processor that IBM helped Sony design, and the way Sony implemented it. They failed at properly implementing the hypervisor. The xbox 360's hypervisor actually checks every piece of code to make sure it is legit. Sony's does not. Sony really messed up as far as security. There is more in depth detail on the whole process. You have to read up on everything that was written to understand why this key is a big deal.

Also they initially wrote the linux kernel using a hardware modification, not a signed PUP file. That is why they are releasing stuff next month. To get all the software code worked out. The hardware modification cannot be patched ever by Sony through software. It is due to the failed security of metldr. Metldr cannot be updated or changed through software, only through hardware revision.

One more note, this hacking group has already worked with the WII. They created the homebrew channel.


Last edited by xeduran; 12-31-2010 at 10:15 AM..
 12-31-2010, 10:13 AM         #93
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Geohot Releases dePKG - Firmware Package Decrypter

Last chance for the doubters to retrack their words. Geohot just released an app to decrypt PUP files. These are the files that contain the firmware updates. Now the hackers can modify the files and make the update do whatever they want, ie CUSTOM FIRMWARE. With the ability to sign the PUP file coming soon, anybody with a current PS3 will be able to upgrade to a CFW and have full access to homebrew, backups, etc.

The most logical step for Sony next is to release a firmware update that does not allow you to update your PS3 through USB. Look for that next. Unfortunately if they do that and you update, you will most likely need a modchip from there on to be able to hack your PS3.


Last edited by xeduran; 12-31-2010 at 10:18 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #94
JaiMega 
space
avatar space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
I'm guessing this means they will have access to DLC and such right?
 12-31-2010, 10:22 AM         #95
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
I'm guessing this means they will have access to DLC and such right?
Eventually, yes. Give it some time. They can pretty much decrypt anything now so PSN stuff, DLC, etc will all be available soon.

What is hilarious is that once the signing tools are released, all you will have to do is copy a PUP file to your USB stick, insert the stick into the PS3, confirm the update, and you have CFW. Sony really messed up. I almost feel sorry for them.


Last edited by xeduran; 12-31-2010 at 10:26 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #96
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,350 | Props total: 8 8
 xeduran said:
Eventually, yes. Give it some time. They can pretty much decrypt anything now so PSN stuff, DLC, etc will all be available soon.

What is hilarious is that once the signing tools are released, all you will have to do is copy a PUP file to your USB stick, insert the stick into the PS3, confirm the update, and you have CFW. Sony really messed up. I almost feel sorry for them.
karma for releasing the PS3 at a ridiculous pricetag 4 years ago?

This is all so exciting...i never do online gaming...i can't wait to hack into my ps3
 12-31-2010, 10:49 AM         #97
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 obscuro77 said:
karma for releasing the PS3 at a ridiculous pricetag 4 years ago?

This is all so exciting...i never do online gaming...i can't wait to hack into my ps3
They were losing money at that price tag. That was a huge discount at the time. You forget the fact that standalone bluray players were going for over a grand back then.
 7 years ago '05        #98
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$37,099 | Props total: 10801 10801

[pic - click to view]




Hopefully a PS4 ain't on the horizon... a n*gga needs to EXPLOIT homebrew first



:dathomebrewface:
 7 years ago '10        #99
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,350 | Props total: 8 8
 xeduran said:
They were losing money at that price tag. That was a huge discount at the time. You forget the fact that standalone bluray players were going for over a grand back then.
yeah totally forgot abt that...i guess i feel a lil sorry for sony too
 7 years ago '06        #100
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$9,317 | Props total: 1085 1085
 DoMieD said:
Damn man yall are retarded

The dude makes one mistake and hes a complete idiot?

Dude knows alot of s**t that 90% of you have no clue about.

Dude has been real helpful to me, no bromance
stop slurping and slobbing
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy