Uh OH PS3 Fully 100% hacked (Sign your own code now)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,940 | Props total: 3137 3137

[pic - click to view]

12-30-2010, 01:52 AM         #42
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said:
I watched the Social Network earlier today and it made me feel..... inadequate as a human being.
"I'm devastated by that"

"well then I would suggest that you let your Imaginations run away with you on a new project"

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 12-30-2010 at 02:02 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #43
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 JaiMega said:
I'm still wondering where Da Ill One got that you can run 360 games on the PS3. No offense but I watched the video with those four socially awkward nerds and that statement still has me scratching my head.
 Metalzoa said:
These nerds are getting so gassed over what is clearly bulls**t.

Ill sit right here till yall end up with egg on your face :)
 LAwLB15 said:
GTFO!!!!! son stop playin wit me.if its tru ill go trade my 360 right now for a ps3 and ill just kop that adapter so I could use my 360 controllers on the ps3
 WorldsStrangest said:
*rereads the topic*

oh you meant that playing360 games on the PS3??

oh well yea thats clearly bulls**t
 Metalzoa said:
no it doesnt.

these dudes (and da ill one) are greatly exaggerating the capabilities of this theoretical hack.

even if they could sign any software with legit keys ... they only have access to a virtual environment platform whose parameters can be redefined in a patch to limit what they can access or control in there.

this is even if they have what they claim to. which they don't.
I said if this is legit then in theory you should be able to play 360 games on it...

the reason why is EVERY game whether it's PS 3 360 Wii whatever has a certain sequence the system looks for before even booting up to make it's for that system for example (I know Gears of War 2 "launch code" it's M971278sw) the system looks for this sequence (well any sequence starting with M as this is the only one in the code) and it knows this is now an Xbxo 360 game so it launches up in the 360, and if you put it in the PS 3 it would say please insert a proper PS 3 game disk to continue...

well if this is legit and you can really sign your own code with private keys then all you would have to do is write a program in C telling the PS3 to also looks for the M sequence of numbers and tell it M=S (Sony's sequence start with S Nintendo starts with N) and it will "mistake" the 360 game as a PS3 game...because the program you just wrote and signed told it too...

like I said it could work...you have to write a program to make it happen but it could happen... the only reason it can't happen right now is because noone but SONY has access to the private keys and can sign programs... so if this is truly 100% open then yes you will be able to play 360 games (and Wii too especially with Move just recode the buttons) on the PS3 if someone writes the program for it...
 7 years ago '09        #44
Kyoji24 
space
space
$1,114 | Props total: 1 1
Bout damn time
 7 years ago '07        #45
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1336 1336
 Metalzoa said:
it wouldnt matter if Sony couldn't do anything about it, and thats my point. If its a legit exploit then they should have provided people with system dumps for proof and the signing code, perhaps with a sample script they wrote up and signed. Get a video of the software running on a PS3 and put it on YouTube.

Instead we got powerpoint, 4 nerds and pipe dreams.
fukkin joekilla
 12-30-2010, 04:47 AM         #46
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
I said if this is legit then in theory you should be able to play 360 games on it...

the reason why is EVERY game whether it's PS 3 360 Wii whatever has a certain sequence the system looks for before even booting up to make it's for that system for example (I know Gears of War 2 "launch code" it's M971278sw) the system looks for this sequence (well any sequence starting with M as this is the only one in the code) and it knows this is now an Xbxo 360 game so it launches up in the 360, and if you put it in the PS 3 it would say please insert a proper PS 3 game disk to continue...

well if this is legit and you can really sign your own code with private keys then all you would have to do is write a program in C telling the PS3 to also looks for the M sequence of numbers and tell it M=S (Sony's sequence start with S Nintendo starts with N) and it will "mistake" the 360 game as a PS3 game...because the program you just wrote and signed told it too...

like I said it could work...you have to write a program to make it happen but it could happen... the only reason it can't happen right now is because noone but SONY has access to the private keys and can sign programs... so if this is truly 100% open then yes you will be able to play 360 games (and Wii too especially with Move just recode the buttons) on the PS3 if someone writes the program for it...

Da Ill One Im not sure you know how this security thing works.

If you did you won't have just written what you did.
 7 years ago '04        #47
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
Da Ill One Im not sure you know how this security thing works.

If you did you won't have just written what you did.
I know how it works...and if they truly opened up 100% of the console instead just the certain sectionto allow like liux or stuff like that only then what I said real...if they only open a certain section of the CPu then what I said can't be done right now...like I've said twice now...

IF IT IS TRULY 100% OPEN
 12-30-2010, 08:21 AM         #48
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
I know how it works...and if they truly opened up 100% of the console instead just the certain sectionto allow like liux or stuff like that only then what I said real...if they only open a certain section of the CPu then what I said can't be done right now...like I've said twice now...

IF IT IS TRULY 100% OPEN

[pic - click to view]

1. Did you consider how much access to resources and internal function the virtual platform which they want to write scripts to has?

2. Did you consider Sony's ability to change the level of resource and internal function access in the virtual platform in a mandatory patch, thus locking out any significant vulnerabilities?

Now let me tell you what I see:

4 nerds and a powerpoint presentation with a serious lack of evidence to corroborate their story. Even team members contradicted themselves about what they have access to. Their site is designed to sell accessories, so this stunt is good for driving traffic and getting business too.

Wait till they can show something concrete before you start getting carried away, thinking of PS3s that emulate 360s.
 12-30-2010, 09:50 AM         #49
Alexein Aner 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:

[pic - click to view]

1. Did you consider how much access to resources and internal function the virtual platform which they want to write scripts to has?

2. Did you consider Sony's ability to change the level of resource and internal function access in the virtual platform in a mandatory patch, thus locking out any significant vulnerabilities?

Now let me tell you what I see:

4 nerds and a powerpoint presentation with a serious lack of evidence to corroborate their story. Even team members contradicted themselves about what they have access to. Their site is designed to sell accessories, so this stunt is good for driving traffic and getting business too.

Wait till they can show something concrete before you start getting carried away, thinking of PS3s that emulate 360s.

[pic - click to view]

FINISH HIM!!!
 7 years ago '04        #50
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 692 692
I'm with metalzoa on this one. Sony can easily fix this with a mandatory patch or with the updates required for all new games. Even with this alleged 100 percent open, its still a virtual platform.

This is cool for a segment of ps3 owners, like me. I'll get another ps3 to play with if this is legit. But at this point its a HUGE "if".

Show me something more tangible.
 7 years ago '09        #51
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,820 | Props total: 719 719
 WorldsStrangest said:

[pic - click to view]

"Im turning Black Friday into Friday the 13th"

wobwobwobwob
dont own a PS3 but thats pretty awesome..
 7 years ago '04        #52
space
space
 stitch said:
WRONG.

Do you know what hardware architecture is? Obviously not.
I'm pretty sure my MCP, MCSE + I, MCSE, and CompTIA a+ certs say I do not to mention my four year bachelor degree in CIS Engineering also back me up
 7 years ago '05        #53
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
I'll believe it when I see it. .pptx presentations aren't enough.
 12-30-2010, 11:32 AM         #54
proof1984 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
plz if tru sony will dead this asap...plz
 12-30-2010, 11:39 AM         #55
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stitch said:
No offense but your "theory" is 1000% bull.

The 360 and PS3 have completely different hardware architecture, and thusly their games are coded and made differently.

You're trying to pump diesel into a gas engine and thinking just because you change the steering wheel that it's going to work.

7 years ago '07        #56
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space

niccaz need to start to pumping out proof though
 7 years ago '07        #57
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
the only efficient way, would be to create a xbox 360 emulator on a hacked ps3
 7 years ago '04        #58
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
you need a refund or you bulls**tted you're way thru undergrad
Don't get mad I got my degree game on lock
 7 years ago '04        #59
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
if that's the limit of what you know then ...not to mention u prolly never went for ur masters
I know more since I got those certs and my degree of course... and no i haven't got my masters...don't need it i'm in a good job now where I learn on the job if I don't know it already, and a Masters wouldn't make me any more money then I already do...so no need

Last edited by Da Ill One; 12-30-2010 at 01:11 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #60
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy