Uh OH PS3 Fully 100% hacked (Sign your own code now)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #241
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1336 1336
 <<InphDigi>> said:
Does this currently affect playing online?
nope. you can get online just fine with it;however, i'm waiting for the fw that allows backups...i need to back up a lot of my games that i already own...

Last edited by jhj26; 01-05-2011 at 11:49 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #242
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
confirmed to be working by me
 7 years ago '08        #243
Spic 
space
space
space
$1,339 | Props total: 3 3
 jhj26 said:
confirmed to be working by me
What the hell can you do with this ?
 7 years ago '04        #244
The Go 2 Guy 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 10 10
 Spic said:
What the hell can you do with this ?
nothing really, it's pointless and read the small print..it's permanent lol
 7 years ago '06        #245
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,207 | Props total: 2056 2056
so can i hack my ps3 and go online or what??
 01-05-2011, 05:01 PM         #246
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
That CFW doesn't even support Open Manager.

We still have to wait.
I said that in my post. It only adds the install packages option to the XMB. It is used to install homebrew that is signed using the private keys. Backup managers will not work until somebody patches lv2kernel.self (GameOS) to mount the bluray drive onto the harddrive. Wait a bit and that will come out. I posted this PUP to give the naysayers their proof. Full CFW will be out shortly. I will post a backup manager capable one when it is released.

If you installed this version and want to go back to official firmware 3.55, just download it from the internet and flash it.
 01-05-2011, 05:03 PM         #247
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 intoxicated662 said:
It's not permanent. Just flash 3.55 Official Firmware and you go back to your normal PS3.

Only reason why I bothered to post it was to give you guys proof that it works, even on the latest firmware. Like I said, wait for the backup manager support. It is being worked on right now.
 7 years ago '07        #248
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
 intoxicated662 said:

niccas just come in and blindly type stupid shytt
 7 years ago '09        #249
Kyoji24 
space
space
$1,114 | Props total: 1 1
Interesting, hope this works out.
 7 years ago '07        #250
ham00di 30 heat pts30
space
space
$1,434 | Props total: 3 3
 intoxicated662 said:
I have to say your really annoying, please if your going to post then maybe post something that is correct. ive been following this thread from the first post and every single comment you have made is negative.

If you dislike the ps3 or this thread then just go away, and just to add i dont even own a ps3 anymore just the xbox 360 before you call me a fanboy.
 7 years ago '09        #251
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
OK, so let me get this straight because this whole thread is very confusing lol. Right now, the only way to take advantage of this is if you had previously never updated past 3.41 or whatever and already jailbroke your PS3 right? BUT, soon they'll come out with a download or something that allows users on any version (I.E. 3.55 to modify FW, sign keys, etc.) without "jailbreaking" right?
 7 years ago '04        #252
Buck244 
space
space
$329 | Props total: 0 0
So Sony says they plan to take action. They can't really do nothing much at this point.

Manufacturer breaks cover and comments on recent security breaches; network updates planned.

Sony has at last broken silence on recent developments which have seen its PlayStation 3's security measures completely defeated.

The firm has remained resolutely tight-lipped since news broke that a hacking group named fail0verflow had gained full control over the system, after reverse engineering the code used to sign authorised software as genuine.

Shortly afterwards iPhone hacker George “GeoHot” Hotz published the console’s “root key” online, enabling homebrew developers to create and sign their own apps. Blu-Ray and PSP root keys have also since been found buried within the PS3 and released online.

“We are aware of this, and are currently looking into it,” Sony told us in a brief statement. “We will fix the issues through network updates, but because this is a security issue, we are not able to provide you with any more details.”

Sony’s response is at odds with comments given to the BBC yesterday by fail0verflow member pytey, who said: “The complete console is compromised – there is no way back.

“The only way to fix this is to issue new hardware. Sony will have to accept this.”

Both fail0verflow and GeoHot are staunchly anti-piracy, and have not released any tools that directly enable the playing of copied games, but it is widely expected that piracy will soon be rife on what was, until very recently, considered to be the most secure console ever released.
hxxp://www.next-gen.biz/news/sony-responds-to-ps3-hacks
 7 years ago '04        #253
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 DJ Idol said:
OK, so let me get this straight because this whole thread is very confusing lol. Right now, the only way to take advantage of this is if you had previously never updated past 3.41 or whatever and already jailbroke your PS3 right? BUT, soon they'll come out with a download or something that allows users on any version (I.E. 3.55 to modify FW, sign keys, etc.) without "jailbreaking" right?
Yes...
 7 years ago '04        #254
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 DJ Idol said:
Yes...
 7 years ago '09        #255
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
 Da Ill One said:
Yes...
Ok, sounds good to me. Do you know how it will work though? Like, will we download a program to a USB stick, copy it to the PS3 and run it or what?
 7 years ago '04        #256
Buck244 
space
space
$329 | Props total: 0 0
 DJ Idol said:
Ok, sounds good to me. Do you know how it will work though? Like, will we download a program to a USB stick, copy it to the PS3 and run it or what?
Most likely USB thats how the packages now are currently being installed.
 7 years ago '04        #257
The Go 2 Guy 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 10 10
 ham00di said:
I have to say your really annoying, please if your going to post then maybe post something that is correct. ive been following this thread from the first post and every single comment you have made is negative.

If you dislike the ps3 or this thread then just go away, and just to add i dont even own a ps3 anymore just the xbox 360 before you call me a fanboy.
who are you, again? Annoying is all this talk and ain't no proof of anything working. It can be installed and ran, but no games or anything else can be played so it's not 100% fully working. What's so hard to understand? If you've read my previous posts then you would know obviously that I do like the ps3, learn to read and comprehend. You own a 360 only and you're in here making comments I've at least owned a few previously and plan on getting one again (no YLOD this time hopefully) just waiting for better games to come out.
 7 years ago '05        #258
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Regardless of the lack of support for game packages on the newest 3.55 CFW. I don't think you're qualified to make judgements on the integrity of homebrew development.

You are without a doubt, an annoying pest. Patched games for CFW 3.41 such as GT5 and Hot Pursuit have been confirmed working. (Provided that you patch these packages correctly with a modified Eboot.bin).

That's all there is to it, if you respond with more stupidity I'll have to place you on my ignore list.
 01-06-2011, 11:31 PM         #259
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thirst.......
 01-06-2011, 11:50 PM         #260
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sony is at least protecting their PSN network as I expected. They are making updates to the PSN network. That is the comment they provided. They obviously cannot patch this up with firmware updates, so the only thing they can do is implement checks for CFW and ban people. I suspect these new PSN updates will include more rigorous checks than just firmware version. At least the PSN network will be safe from cheating for a while. At least I hope.

Oh and I would bet a lot of money that the next firmware update removes the ability to use a usb stick to upgrade firmware.

Last edited by xeduran; 01-06-2011 at 11:53 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago