PS3 Completely Hacked

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
2 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-29-2010, 11:37 AM         #1
8496 pageviews
132 comments

xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PS3 Completely Hacked

Article is below. In layman terms, these guys obtained the keys needed to sign files for the PS3. Now custom firmware like the PSP is completely possible. There will be no need to jailbreak the PS3 everytime. Sony cannot close this security flaw. Sony cannot change the keys using a firmware update. So now the hackers will be able to make custom firmware to play all games. If Sony updates, the hackers will update. Much like how the Wii scene is now or the PSP scene.

Videos:

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

fail0verflow! - 27C3 PS3 Exploit Talk - PSX PS2 PS3 Scene Modchip & Jailbreak Community

fail0verflow! - 27C3 PS3 Exploit Talk
Well the big PS3 Exploit talk is now officially over at the annual 27C3 conference. All the big names in the developer scene world (Bushing, Marcan, Sven) and gave almost a one hour talk regarding Sony's EPIC FAIL!

Once the video is up on the CCC FTP site, I add it to this post so those that had problems viewing the Live stream or not awake at the time can review it.

But basically they talked about how the PS3 totally failed in security, by botching the pki implementation it became possible to calculate the keys needed to sign everything. PUBLIC PRIVATE KEYS, and replacing the "revoke-list" with super-large one (overflow) during the bootup NOR flash at startup, giving them full control of the PS3 system.

Live Demo will be available tomorrow during the CCC's Lighting Talks (will update this post once the time is listed), and possible tools for developers to be released within a month.

The 360 console is now more of secure system then the PS3 after all these years!

Last edited by xeduran; 12-29-2010 at 12:04 PM..

132 comments for "PS3 Completely Hacked"

7 years ago '04        #2
Solidus 
space
space
space
$1,559 | Props total: 10 10
im confused
 7 years ago '05        #3
Chuck_Remixed 255 heat pts255
space
space
$17,126 | Props total: 3655 3655
And the war continues:). lol @ them s**tting on Sony in the process. I can almost see the Sony faithful heads exploding at this very moment.

EDIT: I keed, i keed on the last part:)

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 12-29-2010 at 04:05 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #4
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,645 | Props total: 2651 2651
Stupid Sony
 12-29-2010, 05:13 PM         #5
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Solidus said:
im confused
Basically every software used to run on a PS3 is signed. So for instance every firmware update is signed. Every PS3 game is signed. PSN games are signed. The key used to sign these files is supposed to be private. Not located inside the PS3. Only Sony headquarters is supposed to have that key. Due to Sony being an idiot, these hackers were able to calculate the key value. Now they can sign any file they want to run on an unhacked retail PS3.

So next up is create a custom firmware and sign it. Update to the custom firmware and do whatever you want with the PS3. Their security has totally failed. The Xbox 360 is now more secure than the PS3.

Because every single piece of software is signed with this key, Sony cannot just change the key. If they change it now, all PS3s out there will become useless. The key cannot be blacklisted.

Last edited by xeduran; 12-29-2010 at 05:18 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #6
MASEANDDIDDY 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 51 51
marcus gonna be pissed
 7 years ago '04        #7
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,580 | Props total: 5278 5278
but why would they show their faces on camera? I don't get this. Why would they setup an f**king powerpoint on this? wouldn't they be better off staying behind computer and doing this?
 12-29-2010, 07:21 PM         #8
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deziking said:
but why would they show their faces on camera? I don't get this. Why would they setup an f**king powerpoint on this? wouldn't they be better off staying behind computer and doing this?
Nothing they are doing is illegal. You can hack your own console. Nothing wrong with that. They did not release any Sony code. Any illegal stuff will happen behind the scenes and these guys will never take credit for the illegal activities. They will just release the method they used to crack the security, which is completely legal. Sony cannot do anything at all.
 7 years ago '05        #9
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,282 | Props total: 2476 2476
 deziking said:
the power point presentation showed both the negative and positive uses for this hack. for obvious legal reasons they put piracy on the negative side. hackers take pride in doing this sort of thing and to be the first to fully unlock the ps3 is a huge f**king deal that no one has been able to do in 4 years. they make the custom firmware but what other people do with it there not responsible for.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 12-29-2010 at 09:36 PM..
 12-29-2010, 11:26 PM         #10
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its on kotaku now

s**t just got real
 7 years ago '04        #11
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,580 | Props total: 5278 5278
 xeduran said:
Nothing they are doing is illegal. You can hack your own console. Nothing wrong with that. They did not release any Sony code. Any illegal stuff will happen behind the scenes and these guys will never take credit for the illegal activities. They will just release the method they used to crack the security, which is completely legal. Sony cannot do anything at all.
 HiRolliN said:
the power point presentation showed both the negative and positive uses for this hack. for obvious legal reasons they put piracy on the negative side. hackers take pride in doing this sort of thing and to be the first to fully unlock the ps3 is a huge f**king deal that no one has been able to do in 4 years. they make the custom firmware but what other people do with it there not responsible for.

oh okay. That makes sense. So they going to release a signed fw soon i believe? Damn if this works out mannn imma have field day play games online.
 12-29-2010, 11:46 PM         #12
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
umm.....

its goin down.

basement

[code]http://psx-scene.com[/code]

massa imma gunna get banned?
 7 years ago '07        #13
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1356 1356

[video - click to view]

12-30-2010, 12:04 AM         #14
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at this false alarm making news.
 7 years ago '07        #15
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
y'all just let me know when i can hack my system and still play online
 12-30-2010, 12:13 AM         #16
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
lol at this false alarm making news.
um......

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #17
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
holy shytt!!!!!!!!
 12-30-2010, 12:25 AM         #18
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
um......

[pic - click to view]

That backup player manager has been around for a while.

Im speaking strictly on the news they brought forth in the interview.
 12-30-2010, 12:29 AM         #19
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
That backup player manager has been around for a while.

Im speaking strictly on the news they brought forth in the interview.
9 days is a while?

more than a hoax. alot of people are backing this. but im not in the PS3 Scene so i cant confirm either way

ill give you one thing, is that, alot of money is involved in these initial hacks, so if s**t is being faked, theres the reason.

edit: not in the ps3 scene "yet"

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 12-30-2010 at 12:36 AM..
 12-30-2010, 12:42 AM         #20
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I mean playing backups is not a new feature unlocked in hacks. That interface may be, but the underlying principle has been around for a while. Im sure its the part of the reason they shut out other os, which wasnt just 9 days ago. I believe it was also recracked via firmware hack, which was patched swiftly. Playing backups is very old news.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy