Educated Emcees: 10 Rappers Who Went To College

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
13923 pageviews
33 comments

SM 38153 heat pts38153
space
space
$127,784 | Props total: 66925 66925
Educated Emcees: 10 Rappers Who Went To College

Before they were selling out shows and dishing out bars, a number of rappers spent their time hitting the books.

While others passed with flying colors, others just passed by; attending for a brief period before focusing on their music career.

From Kanye to Kweli, check out 10 rappers who were the head of the class below.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

J Cole- Jermaine Cole left Fayetteville, North Carolina to attend St. John's University where he excelled, graduating Magna c*m Laude.

The Roc Nation rapper has since admitted that he chose the New York school as part of his plan to meet Jay-Z, a plan that obviously worked out well.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Talib Kweli-Kweli attended New York University (NYU) and majored in theater. He comes from a well educated a family, with a mother and father who were both college professors and a brother who teaches at Columbia.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Kanye West- Of course the “College Dropout” went to college. Kanye attended both Chicago State University and Columbia College briefly but didn't attend for the curriculum however. Instead Ye said he had simpler reasons for his attendance, art and food.

"I like simple ideas. I thought, 'Why did I go to school?' I didn't go for math class, I went for gym, for lunch, for art.”

Ye of course dropped out to work on his music career.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Plies- Plies, real name Algernod Lanier Washington, has raised a number of eyebrows when it comes to the truth about his college education.
There are reports that he attended the University of South Florida where he majored in nursing but there are also reports that he attended Miami University in Ohio on a Football scholarship and was later asked to leave for undisclosed reasons.

The "goon" has yet to speak officially on his education.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Ludacris- Christopher “Ludacris” Bridges attended GA State University where he majored in music management before moving on to radio internship that led to a position as host “Cris Lova Lova” alongside co-host Poon Daddy. He went on to found Disturbing Tha Peace Records and released his debut album Back For The First Time in 2000.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

David Banner- David Banner attended Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where he served as president of the Student Government a.ssociation, received a bachelor's degree in business, and also reportedly became a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. He later attended the University of Maryland, College Park to pursue a master's degree in education.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Diddy- Diddy is a proud Howard University attendee. Diddy didn't finish however at the historically Black institution and dropped out after starting a pivotal internship at Uptown Records.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Common- Common had common sense enough to attend college at Florida A&M University. Lonnie Rashid Lynn attended the HBCU majoring in business administration before reportedly dropping out in 1992.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Lil Wayne- Enrolled at the University of Houston in 2005, majoring in political science. At the time Wayne told MTV that he'd chosen the college because its not too far from New Orleans, but far enough that he won't be distracted by all his hometown family and friends.

He also adds, "I'm not going back to school. I'm really going to school for the first time."

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Paul Wall- Wall also attended the University of Houston where he majored in mass communication. Wall did not finish but went on to link up with Swishahouse Records where he continues to make music to this day.

[pic - click to view]

Educated Emcees: 10 Rappers Who Went To College « Hip-Hop Wired

33 comments for "Educated Emcees: 10 Rappers Who Went To College"

12-28-2010, 10:57 AM         #2
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Common didn't go to Florida A&M he went to Southern University.

Went to school in Baton Rouge for a couple of years
My college career got downed with a couple of beers
 12-28-2010, 11:01 AM         #3
Jey Johnson88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SM said:
Before they were selling out shows and dishing out bars, a number of rappers spent their time hitting the books.

While others passed with flying colors, others just passed by; attending for a brief period before focusing on their music career.

From Kanye to Kweli, check out 10 rappers who were the head of the class below.

J Cole- Jermaine Cole left Fayetteville, North Carolina to attend St. John's University where he excelled, graduating Magna c*m Laude.

The Roc Nation rapper has since admitted that he chose the New York school as part of his plan to meet Jay-Z, a plan that obviously worked out well.

Talib Kweli-Kweli attended New York University (NYU) and majored in theater. He comes from a well educated a family, with a mother and father who were both college professors and a brother who teaches at Columbia.

Kanye West- Of course the “College Dropout” went to college. Kanye attended both Chicago State University and Columbia College briefly but didn't attend for the curriculum however. Instead Ye said he had simpler reasons for his attendance, art and food.

"I like simple ideas. I thought, 'Why did I go to school?' I didn't go for math class, I went for gym, for lunch, for art.”

Ye of course dropped out to work on his music career.

Plies- Plies, real name Algernod Lanier Washington, has raised a number of eyebrows when it comes to the truth about his college education.
There are reports that he attended the University of South Florida where he majored in nursing but there are also reports that he attended Miami University in Ohio on a Football scholarship and was later asked to leave for undisclosed reasons.

The "goon" has yet to speak officially on his education.

Ludacris- Christopher “Ludacris” Bridges attended GA State University where he majored in music management before moving on to radio internship that led to a position as host “Cris Lova Lova” alongside co-host Poon Daddy. He went on to found Disturbing Tha Peace Records and released his debut album Back For The First Time in 2000.

David Banner- David Banner attended Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where he served as president of the Student Government a.ssociation, received a bachelor's degree in business, and also reportedly became a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. He later attended the University of Maryland, College Park to pursue a master's degree in education.

Diddy- Diddy is a proud Howard University attendee. Diddy didn't finish however at the historically Black institution and dropped out after starting a pivotal internship at Uptown Records.

Common- Common had common sense enough to attend college at Florida A&M University. Lonnie Rashid Lynn attended the HBCU majoring in business administration before reportedly dropping out in 1992.

Lil Wayne- Enrolled at the University of Houston in 2005, majoring in political science. At the time Wayne told MTV that he'd chosen the college because its not too far from New Orleans, but far enough that he won't be distracted by all his hometown family and friends.

He also adds, "I'm not going back to school. I'm really going to school for the first time."

Paul Wall- Wall also attended the University of Houston where he majored in mass communication. Wall did not finish but went on to link up with Swishahouse Records where he continues to make music to this day.

@luda 10 years later and thats still the most clever/stupidest album title ever and dont forget about Cube he attended Pheonix Institute of Technology for architectural drafting
 12-28-2010, 11:04 AM         #4
Clipsburgh 412 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Plies real name is Algernod.

7 years ago '05        #5
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
oh s**t David Banner is an Ice Cold Alpha....cool s**t
 12-28-2010, 11:07 AM         #6
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Southern WAS s reputable school back in the day. More people enroll at the community college than Southern now. When they graduate they go to LSU.
 7 years ago '10        #7
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2275 2275
We acknowledging those who've failed???? I respect those who went and left cuz they got big or had an internship but F those who failed
 7 years ago '10        #8
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2275 2275
 Quasi said:
Southern WAS s reputable school back in the day. More people enroll at the community college than Southern now. When they graduate they go to LSU.
Cuz nobody wants AIDS
 7 years ago '04        #9
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
haha, about 2 years ago, I did a post similar to this with ALOT more artists, as well as their graduation years and majors.
 7 years ago '08        #10
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Where's Lil Jon?
 7 years ago '06        #11
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18795 18795
bad examples b/c most of these muh fuggas didn't finish....

I know Xzibit also went to college....

Suge Knight attended UNLV and i believe may of graduated...

Ice Cube went to the Phoenix Institute of Technology in the fall of 1987, and studied Architectural Drafting

Yo i remember The Source had an article like this a loooong time ago...i should dig it up...had a grip of ppl in it and what their educational background was....
 12-28-2010, 11:44 AM         #12
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought Lil Wayne majored in psychology?
 7 years ago '10        #13
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,278 | Props total: 23784 23784
plies ? weezy ? doubting...
 7 years ago '04        #14
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,630 | Props total: 3160 3160
 Sean McDevitt said:
plies ? weezy ? doubting...

weezy dont doubt cause that was major news cuase it came up right around the time the carter 2 came out
 7 years ago '05        #15
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
all f**king drop outs...wow!!
 7 years ago '04        #16
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 Joe Budden said:
I thought Lil Wayne majored in psychology?
He did.

Stat Quo attended U of F and graduated I believe.

Heard different sh*t on Common. One minute he claim Southern. The next FAMU?

I heard about Banner being SGA President, but I really dont think he's an Alpha. Could be wrong tho.
 7 years ago '04        #17
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,031 | Props total: 1251 1251
f**k real life dude almost cost me a fantasy title haha
 7 years ago '05        #18
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,823 | Props total: 56 56

[pic - click to view]

Canibus-After completing high school in 1992, he spent a year working for AT&T and another year as a data analyst for the U.S. Department of Justice. His interest in computers and the Internet led him to study computer science at DeKalb College in Atlanta.
 12-28-2010, 01:21 PM         #19
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm a dropout.. A college degree doesn't prove intelligence.
 7 years ago '10        #20
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 194 194
 RAZAH CUTS said:
bad examples b/c most of these muh fuggas didn't finish....
Bill Gates dropped out too...just sayin
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy