I'm a stan for disagreeing with you? Okay, champ.
I dunno what you personally expect from a concert, but when I saw Jay in March, he did his thing. It was on point, he interacted with the fans, and he did his thing without losing any steam for the 3-4 hour performance. It was worth the trip (free ticket, but I would've paid) for me. So if I was in Vegas and was told Jay is doing a show for NYE, I'd be there for sure.
You asked why would people pay to see Jay and I answered your question... and then you answered your own question: at least 2 classics, top 5 DOA, top 2 alive, still relevant over 10 years. If he's not worth $1M for a A SPECIAL EVENT appearance, then who is?
Stop exaggerating, no one said anything like that. "HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE JIGGA MAN?" @ you callin' us "boys" and responding like a 14 year old.
Jay doesn't need a bunch of Soulja Boy hit singles for you to know who he is. His name alone is a trademark, you think only hip hop heads know who Jay-Z is? Foolishness.
Way to be a hypocrite. You're not a hater for your opinion, but we're stans for ours.
Get off your high horse, bruh. Unless you're in the soup kitchen every weekend and clothing the homeless on your free time, who are you to talk? There have been tons of articles of Jay-Z (and other artists) donating a lot of time and money to good will -- Jay built a water filtration system(s) in Africa a couple years back, for example.
You sound bitter as f-ck. Make something for yourself instead of complaining about the next man's pockets.
1. My stan statement wasn't directed specifically at you but the guys who were simply replying with " ah you hater go jump off a bridge !" but if I hurt your feelings that bad that you felt you had to respond directly to that then maybe the shoe fits, you be the judge.
2. Your explanation of his live show really doesn't change my opinion because interacting with the fans and having stamina for 3 hours (which is pretty much the average time for all big artists doing their own concert) isn't impressive considering the type of energy he displays compared to a Kanye, DMX, Wayne, or 50 (Jay is lyrically better than all of them of course, but his live show doesn't compare IMO ). Let's not forget Jay has been touring for way over a decade, this should only make the standard for him ALOT higher.
3. How did I answer my own question? All those statements (two classics, top 5, etc) are OPINIONS of the hip hop community as well as my own, they aren't facts, and they aren't highly regarded to the casual general music fan, that's why I said what I said, how do you not get this? Who is worth a milli? Kanye and Eminem I could justify bringing in that price tag due to their music performing alot better than Jay's number wise, and due to his current hype and lives how being better than Jay's if someone offered Wayne a milli then i wouldn't be surprised. Then again like I said Jay's "celebrity" is what books him these shows IMO not really his music, cuz i bet when certain white ppl at this party are like "why him? ", other white ppl are gonna be like " he's Jay-Z! he's married to Beyonce and owns the Nets ! "
4. I didn't know the term "boys" could only be used in one context
, Yes i just a.ssumed you all were under 18 I guess, are you salty about me not acknowledging your adulthood?
5. No one said anything about Soulja, and you just basically proved my point with that statement by trying to side step the facts about his music and using his "name" to justify a price tag.
6. Your whole generosity statement is where your statement completely lost me and starting to convince me you are a stan, how is this relevant to me criticizing a live show? Me: Jay's live show isn't that great, he doesn't have many number 1 hits , YOU : Ah man you hater, Jay-z builds wells in Africa !!! :wtf: , do you understand how foolish you sound with that? oh and by the way you dont have to believe me since you probably wont but i do volunteer at a homeless shelter on the weekly, even tho that whole argument is still irrelevant. I'm on a high horse because I dont think Jay's worth a mill? please explain that to me.
I feel yallz feelings are reallly strong for Jay since you are making accusations that really have no grounds, I can't be hating because Jay's probably the second or third rapper I listen most to , I'm a Jay fan , and I've written posts just as long defending his stature in the game on this site countless times, so please explain how I'm hating? Hating how? because I said his live show isn't that great? but he's in my top 5 DOA, so if someone doesn't put him in their top 5 is that hate as well? Hating because I said his record stats aren't the best in the game? That's merely FACT, the way yall are defending someone in the particular manner that you are who is not doing anything for your well being baffles me, you guys are acting like Jay is your pops or something with this " man if you dont agree you are a hater" mess.