Jay-Z Banks A Milli For New Year's Eve Gig

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
123 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,785 | Props total: 1792 1792
 bigbarcelona said:
I'm not a fan of Jay Z (Nas won with Ether)... but you can't be serious with that statement. How old are you... 15??? When it comes to Jay Z, that n*gga got a list of hits or club bangers for every album that he ever dropped. Even his 2 or 3 s**tty albums that he dropped, that n*gga got hits out of those too! Hell, if you ever set foot in the most upscale nightclubs (not urban clubs) in LA or NY or MIAMI or Vegas and even outside of the US, you are going to hear more than 5 Jay Z hits being played or mashed up with another song. Some of my older white clients & even business professionals know who Jay Z is and will be the ones poppin bottles at the club to his songs while singing his s**t. Come on kid.... are you that young??? Are you that ignorant or is your hate that deep??? More than anything, I'm surprised he didn't charge more.
I've been listening to Jay since Reasonable Doubt, have his whole catalog on my ipod but let's be real, white ppl didn't give a F about Jay until he married Beyonce and became a Nets Owner, then all of a sudden all the white ppl want Jay on their talk shows and doing guest appearances but funny thing is you know the reason why they want him there because the majority of these ppl dont ask him shyt about his music but rather question after question about his money, life story, or beyonce which pretty much proves my point then on top of that the hype doesn't match his record sales or number 1 hits on the charts, with his type of publicity he should be doing Eminem numbers easy. Ppl need to stop looking at it from a "hip-hop fan's" point of view and understand how the casual listener in suburbia views him. You need to read my post and not skim thru it also, I never said he didn't have club bangers or street hits, he doesn't have more than 1 billboard hot 100 number 1 hit and that came on his last album and i still feel he only got that because of A-keys and a good hook that someone else wrote. Jay is my top three of all time so there's no way you can say this is hate, All I'm saying is that if I was a hotel owner and wanted to entertain a small crowd like that and had a milli to blow i would probably rather go with someone whose MUSIC is more recognized, everyone knows Jay-Z the celebrity but if you're not a rap fan you probably dont know much of his material because he's not on pop music status where he drops number 1 hits EVERY album, but of course if you're a rap nerd/jay fan who spends almost all of their free time on boxden reading every Jay article, downloading every new Jay track, and discussing him 24/7 then of course your perception of him is going to be bigger than the average person. At the end of the day, you can bring your opinion and emotions into it and say " oh man you're crazy , Jay blah blah" but try to disprove my FACTS on anything I said, that he only has one number 1 hot 100 single, that numbers wise there a handful of rappers that still sell more than him in the past 7 years, that the majority of his interviews he's asked more about beyonce and his money than his music. Mainstream Ppl dont care about Jay-z the musician, they care about Jay-z the celebrity.

Last edited by psylence2k; 12-25-2010 at 02:36 AM..
 12-25-2010, 02:48 AM         #62
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Universal~Mind said:
Dehaven is that you?

7 years ago '04        #63
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 psylence2k said:
Stans getting their panties in a bunch, sit down boys, once again, Jay-Z is in my Top 5 DOA, Top 2 living, but his live show is OKAY, he even said it himself, he use to be garbage but he improved as he said in his own words, but he said his show is purely focused on his lyrics and not really his energy, he's said this countless times, but you stans will defend him even if it contradicts his own word. . Jay is lyrically better than 99% of the game but dude's live show is mehhh, and what the hell does pyro have to do with HIS performance, anyone with money can buy Pyro to cover up their lack of stage charisma, as far as live performance Kanye, Wayne, 50, DMX etc all k!ll him even tho lyrically Jay shyts on them. I'm a fan of Jay meaning I can know how to give unbias praise as well as criticism but you stans with this " HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE JIGGA MAN, HOV IS THE GOAT NO MATTER WHAT, EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM IS ILL, HE CAN DO NO WRONG, I WOULD TRADE MY LEFT NUT TO BE BEYONCE FOR ONE NIGHT" mess is getting out of hand.
I'm a stan for disagreeing with you? Okay, champ.

I dunno what you personally expect from a concert, but when I saw Jay in March, he did his thing. It was on point, he interacted with the fans, and he did his thing without losing any steam for the 3-4 hour performance. It was worth the trip (free ticket, but I would've paid) for me. So if I was in Vegas and was told Jay is doing a show for NYE, I'd be there for sure.

You asked why would people pay to see Jay and I answered your question... and then you answered your own question: at least 2 classics, top 5 DOA, top 2 alive, still relevant over 10 years. If he's not worth $1M for a A SPECIAL EVENT appearance, then who is?

Stop exaggerating, no one said anything like that. "HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE JIGGA MAN?" @ you callin' us "boys" and responding like a 14 year old.

Jay doesn't need a bunch of Soulja Boy hit singles for you to know who he is. His name alone is a trademark, you think only hip hop heads know who Jay-Z is? Foolishness.

psylence2k said:
I guess ppl cant give an honest opinion without it getting labeled hate by some stans
Way to be a hypocrite. You're not a hater for your opinion, but we're stans for ours.

DrX said:
captialism smh...why the rest of suffer...these rich f**ks about to have the time of their lives throwing around money doing nothing
Get off your high horse, bruh. Unless you're in the soup kitchen every weekend and clothing the homeless on your free time, who are you to talk? There have been tons of articles of Jay-Z (and other artists) donating a lot of time and money to good will -- Jay built a water filtration system(s) in Africa a couple years back, for example.

You sound bitter as f-ck. Make something for yourself instead of complaining about the next man's pockets.
 7 years ago '04        #64
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 1127 1127
 psylence2k said:
Unless the guy who booked is a huge Jigga fan or it's a "Jay-Z" party I dont understand of all ppl why would they choose Jay-Z to pay a milli to perform, dude doesn't have the longest list of #1 hits that are recognizable to the "casual" fan who has enough money to be hanging at a private party like that. Plus dude's live show is mediocre. It feels like rich ppl book him just because it's the "cool" thing to do.
^ n*gga has ten #1 albums. hush.
 7 years ago '09        #65
jenlove21 
space
space
space
$1,080 | Props total: 0 0
f**k JAY Z U n*ggaS JOCK HIM OUT THERE
 7 years ago '05        #66
afr0sam 
space
space
$418 | Props total: 135 135
what a stupid man. you got so much damn money, go celebrate with your friends and your family!
 12-25-2010, 08:05 AM         #67
normpeterson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does jay get haircuts anymore. s**t looks f**ked up and unkept.
 7 years ago '04        #68
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 http:// said:
I'm a stan for disagreeing with you? Okay, champ.

I dunno what you personally expect from a concert, but when I saw Jay in March, he did his thing. It was on point, he interacted with the fans, and he did his thing without losing any steam for the 3-4 hour performance. It was worth the trip (free ticket, but I would've paid) for me. So if I was in Vegas and was told Jay is doing a show for NYE, I'd be there for sure.

You asked why would people pay to see Jay and I answered your question... and then you answered your own question: at least 2 classics, top 5 DOA, top 2 alive, still relevant over 10 years. If he's not worth $1M for a A SPECIAL EVENT appearance, then who is?

Stop exaggerating, no one said anything like that. "HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE JIGGA MAN?" @ you callin' us "boys" and responding like a 14 year old.

Jay doesn't need a bunch of Soulja Boy hit singles for you to know who he is. His name alone is a trademark, you think only hip hop heads know who Jay-Z is? Foolishness.

Way to be a hypocrite. You're not a hater for your opinion, but we're stans for ours.

Get off your high horse, bruh. Unless you're in the soup kitchen every weekend and clothing the homeless on your free time, who are you to talk? There have been tons of articles of Jay-Z (and other artists) donating a lot of time and money to good will -- Jay built a water filtration system(s) in Africa a couple years back, for example.

You sound bitter as f-ck. Make something for yourself instead of complaining about the next man's pockets.

1. My stan statement wasn't directed specifically at you but the guys who were simply replying with " ah you hater go jump off a bridge !" but if I hurt your feelings that bad that you felt you had to respond directly to that then maybe the shoe fits, you be the judge.

2. Your explanation of his live show really doesn't change my opinion because interacting with the fans and having stamina for 3 hours (which is pretty much the average time for all big artists doing their own concert) isn't impressive considering the type of energy he displays compared to a Kanye, DMX, Wayne, or 50 (Jay is lyrically better than all of them of course, but his live show doesn't compare IMO ). Let's not forget Jay has been touring for way over a decade, this should only make the standard for him ALOT higher.

3. How did I answer my own question? All those statements (two classics, top 5, etc) are OPINIONS of the hip hop community as well as my own, they aren't facts, and they aren't highly regarded to the casual general music fan, that's why I said what I said, how do you not get this? Who is worth a milli? Kanye and Eminem I could justify bringing in that price tag due to their music performing alot better than Jay's number wise, and due to his current hype and lives how being better than Jay's if someone offered Wayne a milli then i wouldn't be surprised. Then again like I said Jay's "celebrity" is what books him these shows IMO not really his music, cuz i bet when certain white ppl at this party are like "why him? ", other white ppl are gonna be like " he's Jay-Z! he's married to Beyonce and owns the Nets ! "

4. I didn't know the term "boys" could only be used in one context , Yes i just a.ssumed you all were under 18 I guess, are you salty about me not acknowledging your adulthood?

5. No one said anything about Soulja, and you just basically proved my point with that statement by trying to side step the facts about his music and using his "name" to justify a price tag.

6. Your whole generosity statement is where your statement completely lost me and starting to convince me you are a stan, how is this relevant to me criticizing a live show? Me: Jay's live show isn't that great, he doesn't have many number 1 hits , YOU : Ah man you hater, Jay-z builds wells in Africa !!! :wtf: , do you understand how foolish you sound with that? oh and by the way you dont have to believe me since you probably wont but i do volunteer at a homeless shelter on the weekly, even tho that whole argument is still irrelevant. I'm on a high horse because I dont think Jay's worth a mill? please explain that to me.

I feel yallz feelings are reallly strong for Jay since you are making accusations that really have no grounds, I can't be hating because Jay's probably the second or third rapper I listen most to , I'm a Jay fan , and I've written posts just as long defending his stature in the game on this site countless times, so please explain how I'm hating? Hating how? because I said his live show isn't that great? but he's in my top 5 DOA, so if someone doesn't put him in their top 5 is that hate as well? Hating because I said his record stats aren't the best in the game? That's merely FACT, the way yall are defending someone in the particular manner that you are who is not doing anything for your well being baffles me, you guys are acting like Jay is your pops or something with this " man if you dont agree you are a hater" mess.

Last edited by psylence2k; 12-25-2010 at 08:15 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #69
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Hardkore said:
^ n*gga has ten #1 albums. hush.
#1 albums dont mean shyt, Rick Ross has a few of those shyt, so do alot of other garbage rappers. not saying Jay is anywhere near garbage, dude is top 2 hands down , but you cant use #1 albums to justify anything IMO.
 12-25-2010, 08:43 AM         #70
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UrbanLife said:
I find it funny that every time Jay-z performs the amount he is getting paid is released by a source but no one actually sees the contract or proof...the people just blindly take the word of said source as 100% truth! Why is it important to release what any artist is getting paid to perform?
because Jay's an attention wh0ore..he loves the attention....
 12-25-2010, 08:44 AM         #71
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 normpeterson said:
does jay get haircuts anymore. s**t looks f**ked up and unkept.
Ive been on that same tip these days.
 12-25-2010, 08:48 AM         #72
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carltouss619 said:
s**t wasn't even that funny it was borderline corny...only ppl lol'ing at that s**t are camel stans or ppl i've sonned on here when they respond to my Illuminati posts....true story.
 12-25-2010, 08:48 AM         #73
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Michael_Moore said:
we get it Camel Face you have cake....."yousa d!ck riding f**got you love the attention" that s**t still rings true even to this day....smh...
you mad cause you gotta pay cover while the illuminati get paid a milli to show up?
 12-25-2010, 08:52 AM         #74
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this clown just wrote a book on Christmas, eat breakfast first then go to church...

psylence2k said:
1. My stan statement wasn't directed specifically at you but the guys who were simply replying with " ah you hater go jump off a bridge !" but if I hurt your feelings that bad that you felt you had to respond directly to that then maybe the shoe fits, you be the judge.

2. Your explanation of his live show really doesn't change my opinion because interacting with the fans and having stamina for 3 hours (which is pretty much the average time for all big artists doing their own concert) isn't impressive considering the type of energy he displays compared to a Kanye, DMX, Wayne, or 50 (Jay is lyrically better than all of them of course, but his live show doesn't compare IMO ). Let's not forget Jay has been touring for way over a decade, this should only make the standard for him ALOT higher.

3. How did I answer my own question? All those statements (two classics, top 5, etc) are OPINIONS of the hip hop community as well as my own, they aren't facts, and they aren't highly regarded to the casual general music fan, that's why I said what I said, how do you not get this? Who is worth a milli? Kanye and Eminem I could justify bringing in that price tag due to their music performing alot better than Jay's number wise, and due to his current hype and lives how being better than Jay's if someone offered Wayne a milli then i wouldn't be surprised. Then again like I said Jay's "celebrity" is what books him these shows IMO not really his music, cuz i bet when certain white ppl at this party are like "why him? ", other white ppl are gonna be like " he's Jay-Z! he's married to Beyonce and owns the Nets ! "

4. I didn't know the term "boys" could only be used in one context , Yes i just a.ssumed you all were under 18 I guess, are you salty about me not acknowledging your adulthood?

5. No one said anything about Soulja, and you just basically proved my point with that statement by trying to side step the facts about his music and using his "name" to justify a price tag.

6. Your whole generosity statement is where your statement completely lost me and starting to convince me you are a stan, how is this relevant to me criticizing a live show? Me: Jay's live show isn't that great, he doesn't have many number 1 hits , YOU : Ah man you hater, Jay-z builds wells in Africa !!! :wtf: , do you understand how foolish you sound with that? oh and by the way you dont have to believe me since you probably wont but i do volunteer at a homeless shelter on the weekly, even tho that whole argument is still irrelevant. I'm on a high horse because I dont think Jay's worth a mill? please explain that to me.

I feel yallz feelings are reallly strong for Jay since you are making accusations that really have no grounds, I can't be hating because Jay's probably the second or third rapper I listen most to , I'm a Jay fan , and I've written posts just as long defending his stature in the game on this site countless times, so please explain how I'm hating? Hating how? because I said his live show isn't that great? but he's in my top 5 DOA, so if someone doesn't put him in their top 5 is that hate as well? Hating because I said his record stats aren't the best in the game? That's merely FACT, the way yall are defending someone in the particular manner that you are who is not doing anything for your well being baffles me, you guys are acting like Jay is your pops or something with this " man if you dont agree you are a hater" mess.
 12-25-2010, 08:53 AM         #75
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Michael_Moore said:
s**t wasn't even that funny it was borderline corny...only ppl lol'ing at that s**t are camel stans or ppl i've sonned on here when they respond to my Illuminati posts....true story.
always in a jay-z thread, i hope you realize by now your more obsess with hov than the so called camel stans, use your new years resolution properly this time ok hater?

LightsOut said:

[pic - click to view]

LightsOut said:

[pic - click to view]

thats smiley worthy
 12-25-2010, 08:55 AM         #76
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
case & point...deLeet Metaloza....can't count how many times I put them in their place...
 12-25-2010, 08:56 AM         #77
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Michael_Moore said:
case & point...deLeet Metaloza....can't count how many times I put them in their place...
0 and you know it, as a man we can't accept defeat so i understand that statement, happy x-mas michael moore
 7 years ago '10        #78
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
This n*gga is hot at the head for real. Typing up essays to hate on one man. lol
 7 years ago '07        #79
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,573 | Props total: 5227 5227
Must be nice.....can't hate....
 7 years ago '08        #80
NYG155 
space
space
$1,020 | Props total: 0 0
 BackBlock_OG said:
No, they're bitter about black people w/ money. If Jay's name was switched w/ Em or Taylor Swift, no one would be upset or hating.
Co-sign
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
91 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy