Gameday Thread: Week 16: New York Giants (9-5) @ Green Bay Packers (8-6) - Avy Bets

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
148 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
95 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's gonna win this matchup?
New York Giants 15 60.00%
Green Bay Packers 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
13117 pageviews
656 comments

klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
Gameday Thread: Week 16: New York Giants (9-5) @ Green Bay Packers (8-6) - Avy Bets

Playoffs in December
Sunday, Dec 26, 2010 at 4:15PM EST

[pic - click to view]

The storyline

Giants win and they're in. Packers win and they control their own destiny.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Vs.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Manning calls players-only meeting for Giants

For the first time in his seven-year career with the Giants, Eli Manning Monday called for a brief players-only team meeting and stood up as the only speaker.

This is highly out of character for Manning but desperate times call for different actions. This was the day after one of the worst defeats in team history – turning a 31-10 fourth-quarter lead into a had-to-see-it-to-believe-it 38-31 loss to the rival Eagles – and Manning wanted to make sure his teammates realized all is not lost.

“I wanted to say a few words,’’ Manning explained. “I went up to coach [Tom Coughlin] and asked if I could beat him to the punch a little bit and address the team before he came in.’’

Coughlin was happy to oblige and Manning’s message was clear and concise.

“We’re going to write the ending to this story, no one else,’’ Manning said. “I don’t want to make a big deal of it’’ and indeed he didn’t even want his talk to go public. The Giants, despite their historic and epic collapse, will gain an NFC wild card playoff berth if they are able to beat the Packers this Sunday in Green Bay.

“We don’t have time to moan, it’s not the time right now to start going in the tank or start slacking off or being in a bad mood,’’ Manning said. “Now’s the time we got to be excited, you kind of have to look at the bright side of things, you got to be optimistic that hey, we got a great opportunity to make the playoffs. We got to go in, play a big game in Green Bay, we just got to take care of our business. We’re going to be on the one to decide whether we make the playoffs and what happens. It’s only us. We don’t need help from anybody else.’’

Justin Tuck, who along with Manning and Chase Blackburn is a team tri-captains, said he and Manning have addressed the team before but this is the first time he ever recalled Manning doing it by himself.

“He just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page, make sure when we come out here on Wednesday we hold our heads high and f!ght to go up to Green Bay and get a win,” Tuck said. “He wasn’t loud and rah-rah-ing but you could just tell by the look on his face he was definitely into what he was doing. He was definitely serious. Everything he said was coming from the heart and very meaningful to him. It helped. I don’t know if it was needed but it helped, especially coming from him, because he is our captain. We have three captains but he’s the top dog. To hear him step in front of the group, bring us all close together it really resonated.’’

The tone was calm but also passionate.

“He was probably as vocal as he’s ever been and I think everybody appreciated what he did,’’ center Shaun O’Hara said. “Eli doesn’t get emotional. He’s very straight-forward, it was a good opportunity for all of us to get on the game page. I thought it was a great standup opportunity for him to take this team to the next level.’’

Tuck said Eli received good reviews.

“That’s the first time I’ve seen it from him,’’ Tuck said. “He actually got some cheers and hand claps because it was so out of character for him.”

[pic - click to view]

Aaron Rodgers cleared to play on Sunday

The sound you hear off in the distance is coming from Green Bay; it’s the sound of utter jubilation as Packer fans celebrate quarterback Aaron Rodgers (concussion) being cleared to play against the Giants on Sunday. (Somebody may be running a blender, too.)

ESPN Milwaukee reports that Rodgers has gained clearance from team physician Dr. John Gray, as well as an independent neurologist to play. Rodgers could still suffer a setback between now and kickoff, but for the time being it looks like he’ll suit up for the most important game of both Green Bay and New York’s seasons.

If the playoffs were to start today, the Giants would own the sixth and final spot in the NFC. But the Packers control their own destiny from here on out so if they beat New York on Sunday and then Chicago in Week 17, they would go to the playoffs and the Giants would be left out. (The Bucs are also in the mix, but their fate was essentially sealed last week when they couldn’t beat the Lions at home. Sinners.)

On Monday, Eli Manning apparently held his first players-only meeting since being drafted by the Giants in 2004. The team needed somebody to perform damage control after their fourth quarter collapse against the Eagles last Sunday, and Eli took it upon himself to step up. We’ll see if the little pow-wow pays off.

[pic - click to view]

Antrel Rolle guarantees win in Green Bay and a playoff spot for the Giants | ProFootballTalk[/QUOTE]

Antrel Rolle’s first season with the Giants has been marked by strong play on the field and bold statements off of it.

The latter was in evidence again on Monday when Rolle addressed the media in the wake of Sunday’s epic fourth quarter collapse against the Eagles. Rolle was asked whether he thought the Giants would still make the playoffs this season and Tom Rock of Newsday lets us know that he was more than willing to take the bait.

“I don’t think it, I know it,” Rolle said. “That’s because that’s what going to happen. I know it’s going to happen this weekend. I have no doubt. I said it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen.”

Rolle could have just settled for guaranteeing the team a spot in the postseason, but went the extra mile by letting the Packers know that there’s no reason for them to show up and give their best effort this Sunday. If the Giants beat the Packers this weekend, they are in the playoffs regardless of what happens in Week 17. If they lose, however, they’ll need help from either the Packers or the Bears to find a way to continue their season during Wild Card weekend.

On the one hand, the only way for the Giants to get Sunday’s disaster behind them is to focus on what’s next and remind themselves that there’s still plenty worth f!ghting for in the next two weeks. It’s a positive for the Giants that their confidence wasn’t totally shattered by the Eagles. On the other hand, you probably want to avoid giving your opponent too much fuel for the bulletin board when they’re f!ghting for their own playoff lives on their home field. We’ll find out soon enough, but it’s a safe bet that Rolle and company are thrilled that Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson can’t do anything else to hurt them during the regular season.

[pic - click to view]

Rolle wants no part of Aaron Rodgers again

Cardinals safety Antrel Rolle got a taste of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers on Sunday, a week after facing him in Week 17.

And Rolle has no interest in a third helping.

“Let me tell you something – that dude is scary,” Rolle said of Rodgers, per Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “We have a great defense, and we were up on him and ready to pounce, and he found ways to tear us apart.

“I don’t ever want to face him again in my life. I am dead serious.
I’ll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face him again.”
Avy bet is for the rest of the regular season.

New York
Infamous2o1x
KING*TITO
Ricky Towel
Ghettoquiz
Syphernix
GhostNinja
Venom
KnicksLost
Green Bay
klew
e G o Maniac
regularjoe
M
finishim
Jade Yorker

Last edited by klew; 12-26-2010 at 06:35 PM..

656 comments for "Gameday Thread: Week 16: New York Giants (9-5) @ Green Bay Packers (8-6) - Avy Bets"

7 years ago '04        #2
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,264 | Props total: 3849 3849
Now that's how you do a game thread Klew.

Unbiased opinion, I don't see the Giants losing 2 in a row even though I was impressed by the Pack against the Pats. Better hope your OLine brings its A game 'cause that Giants DLine is a b**ch and is probably the worst thing Rogers wants to face after coming back from a concussion.

I'm callin' Giants in this one...
 7 years ago '05        #3
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
Lol we all know the GMen gonna take this down.. delete the thread waste of bandwidth
 7 years ago '05        #4
klew 227 heat pts227 OP
space
space
I think the Packers are gonna do a lot of things to get the ball out of Aaron Rodgers hands quickly. The Giants defense may come out overly aggressive to start the game. Hopefully GB can build on it's running game from last week.
 7 years ago '10        #5
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 102 102
Sign me up. Hope my boys come thru for us.

GMEN
 7 years ago '07        #6
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
Gonna be a great one. I gotta lot of respect for Clay, Woodson, and Rogers. I think we can pull this one out. I hope the Giants go on a rampage after what happened last week.
 7 years ago '07        #7
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
You already know
 7 years ago '09        #8
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
I'm in.
 7 years ago '05        #9
Ghettoquiz 15 heat pts15
space
space
$14,287 | Props total: 646 646
im down
 7 years ago '04        #10
ranecoat07 
space
space
space
$277 | Props total: 0 0
packers giants are deflated
 12-23-2010, 11:07 AM         #11
pheez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
woot!!
 7 years ago '05        #12
klew 227 heat pts227 OP
space
space
Added people for the AVY bet..
 7 years ago '05        #13
klew 227 heat pts227 OP
space
space
So no other GB fan is gonna check in?
 7 years ago '04        #14
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Didn't see this one. Checking in. Put me down for green and gold.
 7 years ago '04        #15
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,434 | Props total: 13093 13093
f**k avy bets. It's how I check where I posted. I'm too lazy/stupid to read.

Go Pack.
 7 years ago '05        #16
klew 227 heat pts227 OP
space
space
 regularjoe said:
f**k avy bets. It's how I check where I posted. I'm too lazy/stupid to read.

Go Pack.
OK I'll put you down anyway.
 7 years ago '08        #17
I.J. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,359 | Props total: 617 617
I see the packers winning this if the oline gives Rodgers time. What that being said Packers fans stand up
 7 years ago '08        #18
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,181 | Props total: 5304 5304
 klew said:
So no other GB fan is gonna check in?
I'm here :dancingcool:

I guess I can do the avy bet, haven't done one in forever
 7 years ago '10        #19
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 102 102
 Michael 1987 said:
I hope the packers win.
I bet u do
 12-23-2010, 07:42 PM         #20
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gonna be a good one...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy